rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hencredible's Weekend in Rio de Janeiro

Just returned from a 3-day weekend trip to Rio. Very short and initially had my place rented out for five days, but the intermittent heavy rainfall became annoying. So when my airbnb host said I could apply the unused days for a later trip if I leave early, I decided to do just that. I had the flexibility to fly back early.

It was all good because I've already been to Rio on two separate occasions. Even though it feels more recent, my last visit in February 2010 was about 2 1/2 weeks long. My first visit in November 2008 was for 8 days.

That said, I just want to emphatically state that Rio is still fucking paradise. I saw some of the most mindblowing talent in that short weekend. I know two players who live there full-time and they aren't leaving anytime soon. Actually these are guys who also know other top tier forum members like IntlSwagger and Quest.

As for me, I took a tip from one knowledgeable player and did some pipelining on CS (for both locals and travelers). I came up on a Scandinavian flag that way on my very first night. This chick set it out, paid for drinks, the subway to her place, and we fucked. My message was very straightforward. Just said that I was coming to Rio that weekend and to leave me their number so I can call them to hang out. That's it. Nothing elaborate or nuanced. I got a good number of responses and got a local sim card (TIM) as soon as I got there. That's a great company to roll with btw. For just over $10 I had data/text/phone calls covered for the weekend. I called the Scandi chick first because she was leaving soonest and was willing to hang out. We met in Ipanema and drank at those beach bars between Posto 7 and 9. After a few Caipirinhas she was ready to be swooped. The great thing is I have a contact for Oslo when I go this summer should I need it.

Later that same night I went to a party in the favela Alto Vidigal at like 4am. It was incredible. If you like reggae music I highly recommend it. It's in a spot that has a sweeping view of the beaches of Leblon and Ipanema and built right next to a huge mountain. It was very surreal seeing authentic Brazilian reggae artists and DJ doing their thing with the whole crowd being into it. Had a very raw energy. At like 7am I bounced and rode on the back of some stranger's motorcycle so he could take me out of the favela. Spent like 20 mins riding through the hills of that shit. It was real.

The next day I linked up with a girl I already knew down there from a previous visit. We met up for drinks at Belmonte and then smashed at her crib in Botafogo.

One thing I want to warn you guys about is make sure, whether you get an apartment on airbnb or a hotel, that you are allowed to bring outside visitors. Most hotels in Rio do not allow this and many apartments, especially those in secured buildings do not also. I stayed in a typical secured building in Ipanema with a glass entrance and a security guard at the desk. Though the airbnb ad didn't say anything about it, I learned after arriving that guests weren't allowed. Luckily, it didn't affect me in this case but make sure you confirm before getting a spot that you are allowed to bring chicks.

The guys I know there have good things to say about Brazilcupid.com which is more ideal for when you're staying there relatively long term. Otherwise, I'd say get on that Portuguese. You're going to need it and it will go a long way with local chicks because some of them have a stigma of hooking up with a complete gringo because they don't want to be seen locally as some slut as Rio has a huge reputation for sex tourism (same complex some chicks in Colombia have). Without that Port knowledge you're going to rely more on pipelining and playing the numbers game at venues you go out to which leads to my next point.

The venues are hit or miss. Lapa on Saturday absolutely sucked, but I heard it was good on Friday. Typically, places like Club de Flamengo where you pay an entrance fee will have better talent. Also, neighborhoods like Leblon tend to have more upscale venues and play more European type of music, but more snobby chicks as well. You're going to need to hang out in the Zona Sul and get a feel for what's going on.

I will be returning to Rio with my boys next time in the next couple months. I think all this talk about Brazil eroding is bullshit. Rio has incredible talent and the vibe is still the same. There are so many chicks. It really felt like I was just there yesterday the moment I arrived.

I know this isn't much intel but feel free to hit me with questions if you need me to elaborate on anything. I still have jet lag.

Great Post Hence!

Rio for a weekend, now that is true balling.

I would love to check out one of those favela parties.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (01-22-2013 07:15 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

That said, I just want to emphatically state that Rio is still fucking paradise. I saw some of the most mindblowing talent in that short weekend. I know two players who live there full-time and they aren't leaving anytime soon. Actually these are guys who also know other top tier forum members like IntlSwagger and Quest.

Great to hear.

Since I know you are well traveled, which other cities of the world would you say it is on par with girl (looks) wise?

Which cities defeat it?

Thanks for the report. I had a feeling that all the talk about Brazil's demise was overstated. You confirmed that.

Question, what level is your Portuguese skills and where you able to open girls that spoke little or no English?

Excellent stuff HC. I love it when well-traveled dudes can break it down like this.

I've got so many options running through my docket for the summer...Brazil is way on the back burner but this gives me some temptation to kill it there before the world takes over Brazil in 2014 and '16.

Great to hear Brazil is still in good shape. I left Feb. 2010, and I have to say, all the hype about Colombia, it doesn't come close to touching Brazil thus far in my trip. Not in terms of women, food, culture, music, just about anything really. On the same note, I was well connected in Brazil and here I started from scratch, but regardless, I think either way, Brazil wins hands down! I couldn't force myself to leave Brazil, even when I had another plane ticket already purchased to Argentina. The only way I could leave was when I ran out of money. Colombia, I feel like a month is enough time, rather move on and check out other places.

Headed down on Thursday for a week or two. Me and my boy have a two bedroom apartment. Haven't looked into the security. He has been there 4times so he already know what's up. Ill keep my eyes open and learn. He leaves Wednesday so I don't know if I will stay, hit SP, Curitiba, and Montevideo up or just fly to BA and post up down there for a while. My Portuguese is weak so I am thinking the BA. All the hate on BA makes me think just to go to Santiago then bus it to Lima then Cali.

Looking forward to Rio and will take it a day at a time. The report gives me hope. Need to get a Brazil ready phone, a few bottles then its game time.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Fellas, I sorta feel the temptation to make an entirely new thread about Rio to give the forum a definitive playbook to win out there. There are so many misconceptions about the place and I don't want anyone wasting their time with nonsense. But I'm still pretty tired so I will address the questions I've seen here and add my own two pennies.

Guide To Winning In Rio

First, to G's question, Rio OWNS the talent in the "tropics" category. I can't think of another city in that type of atmosphere that can touch it. It's warm year-round and girls are always showing a lot of skin. It's not like up north where girls can deceptively conceal bodily imperfections with cleverly placed clothing. It's hard to compare places directly when you see top-tier talent in both. I can say Rio has an "annual spot" on the international playboy's docket. At least one week per year visit would be ideal.

However, it is far from the easiest place for a player to operate. Logistics are very difficult. Rio has an underserved hotel market. Many of the big global brands are either not present or have limited representation. The hotel policies in many places are unfriendly (no outside visitors) and apartments are hard to come by in prime locations. Either that or they are way overpriced. The restaurant scene also sucks. There's either exhorbitant venues for food that doesn't measure up in quality or complete garbage. There's no in between. Service also sucks. It takes forever to get your order or something will be off. This all leads me to my next point about how to win in Rio.

Many guys see the rap videos and movies and think there's going to be TONS of chicks all over the beach ready to get swooped. Sorry, but that's not the case gentlemen. Many guys go to Rio with this vision and end up failing. BIG time.

Now, Brazilian girls are feminine, friendly, receptive to approaches, and even expecting to get hit on by guys. You should see how Brazilian dudes roll. They are among the most aggressive breed of men I have seen for trying to get a kiss close and f-close. They go for the k-close almost immediately and keep making attempts if they face resistance. Also, they really don't care about taking down a 5 or a 6. They just want to get it in regardless. Girls in Rio are surrounded by men like this.

The best thing you can do is learn Portuguese but, lets face it, many of you guys will never learn it. I have a friend who did it by brute force but this is an extremely intelligent guy who has always done well in just about everything in his life. After all, he's an American who lives in Rio full-time. Most of us are too lazy to commit to learning languages like he can, but some of us can. The great thing about learning Portuguese, which is on my bucket list btw, is that you can approach day and night and reduce the "gringo perception" that a chick may have about you initially. Keep in mind the finest chicks in Rio are often the ones who only know Portuguese. If you can communicate with her and her friends, you are good to go. You will get a hell of a lot more notches. It's also a plus because you see even more chicks out during the day time. Having the language down will allow to start convos in indirect settings instead of mainly relying on night game.

If you've never been to Rio and are visiting for the first time and you don't know Portuguese, don't set high expectations for yourself. You should instead focus on laying the "groundwork." I'm not a p4p guy and this isn't a p4p forum, so you should look at Rio as a more "long-term, gradual" kind of commitment. I'm assuming most people's first trip won't be much longer than a week. Don't look at it like DR where you just fly down for a weekend, get your dick wet, and go home. Go there to build your social connections and over the long-term you will get good returns on your investment.

Now if you're staying for a while, perfect. You have a good amount of time to make friends, build a social circle and get a return on your investment. This guide is for the guy who doesn't have that kind of luxury of time.

The best thing to do if you're a newbie on a short schedule is first see if you know anyone who lives there. If you have a friend who lives in Rio and especially in a good area (Leblon, Barra, Ipanema, Copa, etc), try to crash at his place if it's possible to bring chicks there. Don't be a scumbag (treat your friend to drinks, food, bring something nice from the duty free, etc). That's what I did on my first trip. The good thing about having a friend (assuming they're a player) is that they are also plugged into some kind of social circle. Brazilians are different than people from the Anglo world. If you meet a Brazilian through a mutual friend, they automatically see you as a direct friend. They don't have all those mental labels like us in the north of "friend from this guy/place" and acting differently towards that person. So my first trip was great because I had a local friend who lived in Ipanema long enough to know the language and had cute girls who lived in his building that we hung out with immediately.

If you don't have a friend, try to get a spot in an area of the Zona Sul near the beach. Ipanema would be ideal. If not Ipanema, Copa, Barra or Leblon or St. Teresa/Lapa since there's venues around there. After getting the spot down, pipeline. Use that as a safety net.

You could still come across a Brazilian girl who speaks English or even one that doesn't and get laid. At the very least, get her contact info and build rapport for your next visit. If you don't take it down the first time you should the next time. If not her, then her friends. This is very common. The thing is with girls in Rio you can run hard game that you probably wouldn't do at home. You can be at a party and grab her arm, smile, hold eye contact and start talking. They won't be alarmed by this at all. During Carnaval, you can straight up grab chicks and go for the kiss before even saying a word.

Also, there are lots of foreign chicks in Rio that are also attractive. This is great for guys who speak English and Spanish because most of these girls speak those languages. Lots of chicks from Argentina, Scandinavia, Israel and Australia visit Rio. They go to venues like Emporio, Casa Rosa, Lapa Friday night parties, and all those bars/outdoor restos in Ipanema. If you choose to stay at a hostel you'll find them there as well. Many times they can be in rather large groups which can make it hard if you're solo or without a good team. Some of these groups include a mix of girls and guys. This is often the case with Israelis. Seems like most of them are doing that post-military travel and roll in big sets, making it harder for you.

You can also pipeline foreign chicks from CS using the "travelers" filter, but you'll see many out and about as well so it's not necessary. That foreign option alone makes visiting Rio on a short timetable worth it if you're like me and consider getting laid with a cute chick regardless of nationality a win at the end of the day.

The best thing about Rio is the "blending in" factor. Almost anyone can look like a Brazilian. I also think the racial mixing down there socially (not economically) is unmatched by any country. It's great. Sometimes I saw women who I swore were nordic speaking fluent Portuguese with a Brazilian accent. It's mind boggling how diverse it is down there.

Rio is ultimately better played on the long-term front. If not, commit to "laying the groundwork" because Rio is NOT one of those places that you'll only want to visit once. The natural scenery there is spectacular and the vibe is hard to beat. As one of the most naturally beautiful settings in the world, it's still one of the most enjoyable places you could possibly visit.

Quote: (01-23-2013 09:23 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Fellas, I sorta feel the temptation to make an entirely new thread about Rio to give the forum a definitive playbook to win out there. There are so many misconceptions about the place and I don't want anyone wasting their time with nonsense. But I'm still pretty tired so I will address the questions I've seen here and add my own two pennies.

Guide To Winning In Rio

First, to G's question, Rio OWNS the talent in the "tropics" category. I can't think of another city in that type of atmosphere that can touch it. It's warm year-round and girls are always showing a lot of skin. It's not like up north where girls can deceptively conceal bodily imperfections with cleverly placed clothing. It's hard to compare places directly when you see top-tier talent in both. I can say Rio has an "annual spot" on the international playboy's docket. At least one week per year visit would be ideal.

However, it is far from the easiest place for a player to operate. Logistics are very difficult. Rio has an underserved hotel market. Many of the big global brands are either not present or have limited representation. The hotel policies in many places are unfriendly (no outside visitors) and apartments are hard to come by in prime locations. Either that or they are way overpriced. The restaurant scene also sucks. There's either exhorbitant venues for food that doesn't measure up in quality or complete garbage. There's no in between. Service also sucks. It takes forever to get your order or something will be off. This all leads me to my next point about how to win in Rio.

Many guys see the rap videos and movies and think there's going to be TONS of chicks all over the beach ready to get swooped. Sorry, but that's not the case gentlemen. Many guys go to Rio with this vision and end up failing. BIG time.

Now, Brazilian girls are feminine, friendly, receptive to approaches, and even expecting to get hit on by guys. You should see how Brazilian dudes roll. They are among the most aggressive breed of men I have seen for trying to get a kiss close and f-close. They go for the k-close almost immediately and keep making attempts if they face resistance. Also, they really don't care about taking down a 5 or a 6. They just want to get it in regardless. Girls in Rio are surrounded by men like this.

The best thing you can do is learn Portuguese but, lets face it, many of you guys will never learn it. I have a friend who did it by brute force but this is an extremely intelligent guy who has always done well in just about everything in his life. After all, he's an American who lives in Rio full-time. Most of us are too lazy to commit to learning languages like he can, but some of us can. The great thing about learning Portuguese, which is on my bucket list btw, is that you can approach day and night and reduce the "gringo perception" that a chick may have about you initially. Keep in mind the finest chicks in Rio are often the ones who only know Portuguese. If you can communicate with her and her friends, you are good to go. You will get a hell of a lot more notches. It's also a plus because you see even more chicks out during the day time. Having the language down will allow to start convos in indirect settings instead of mainly relying on night game.

If you've never been to Rio and are visiting for the first time and you don't know Portuguese, don't set high expectations for yourself. You should instead focus on laying the "groundwork." I'm not a p4p guy and this isn't a p4p forum, so you should look at Rio as a more "long-term, gradual" kind of commitment. I'm assuming most people's first trip won't be much longer than a week. Don't look at it like DR where you just fly down for a weekend, get your dick wet, and go home. Go there to build your social connections and over the long-term you will get good returns on your investment.

Now if you're staying for a while, perfect. You have a good amount of time to make friends, build a social circle and get a return on your investment. This guide is for the guy who doesn't have that kind of luxury of time.

The best thing to do if you're a newbie on a short schedule is first see if you know anyone who lives there. If you have a friend who lives in Rio and especially in a good area (Leblon, Barra, Ipanema, Copa, etc), try to crash at his place if it's possible to bring chicks there. Don't be a scumbag (treat your friend to drinks, food, bring something nice from the duty free, etc). That's what I did on my first trip. The good thing about having a friend (assuming they're a player) is that they are also plugged into some kind of social circle. Brazilians are different than people from the Anglo world. If you meet a Brazilian through a mutual friend, they automatically see you as a direct friend. They don't have all those mental labels like us in the north of "friend from this guy/place" and acting differently towards that person. So my first trip was great because I had a local friend who lived in Ipanema long enough to know the language and had cute girls who lived in his building that we hung out with immediately.

If you don't have a friend, try to get a spot in an area of the Zona Sul near the beach. Ipanema would be ideal. If not Ipanema, Copa, Barra or Leblon or St. Teresa/Lapa since there's venues around there. After getting the spot down, pipeline. Use that as a safety net.

You could still come across a Brazilian girl who speaks English or even one that doesn't and get laid. At the very least, get her contact info and build rapport for your next visit. If you don't take it down the first time you should the next time. If not her, then her friends. This is very common. The thing is with girls in Rio you can run hard game that you probably wouldn't do at home. You can be at a party and grab her arm, smile, hold eye contact and start talking. They won't be alarmed by this at all. During Carnaval, you can straight up grab chicks and go for the kiss before even saying a word.

Also, there are lots of foreign chicks in Rio that are also attractive. This is great for guys who speak English and Spanish because most of these girls speak those languages. Lots of chicks from Argentina, Scandinavia, Israel and Australia visit Rio. They go to venues like Emporio, Casa Rosa, Lapa Friday night parties, and all those bars/outdoor restos in Ipanema. If you choose to stay at a hostel you'll find them there as well. Many times they can be in rather large groups which can make it hard if you're solo or without a good team. Some of these groups include a mix of girls and guys. This is often the case with Israelis. Seems like most of them are doing that post-military travel and roll in big sets, making it harder for you.

You can also pipeline foreign chicks from CS using the "travelers" filter, but you'll see many out and about as well so it's not necessary. That foreign option alone makes visiting Rio on a short timetable worth it if you're like me and consider getting laid with a cute chick regardless of nationality a win at the end of the day.

The best thing about Rio is the "blending in" factor. Almost anyone can look like a Brazilian. I also think the racial mixing down there socially (not economically) is unmatched by any country. It's great. Sometimes I saw women who I swore were nordic speaking fluent Portuguese with a Brazilian accent. It's mind boggling how diverse it is down there.

Rio is ultimately better played on the long-term front. If not, commit to "laying the groundwork" because Rio is NOT one of those places that you'll only want to visit once. The natural scenery there is spectacular and the vibe is hard to beat. As one of the most naturally beautiful settings in the world, it's still one of the most enjoyable places you could possibly visit.

Nice tips!

Do you recommend staying at a hostel or airbnb if you dont know anyone and traveling solo??

I was in Rio a couple years ago and really enjoyed the city. I stayed there for a little over 2 weeks and made out with some good looking girls but only banged 1 mediocre girl. My portuguese was basic when I first arrived but it got a lot better when I went to SP. My ex girlfriend from SP was in Rio a couple weeks ago visiting a friend in Leblon.

She told me there are a lot of good looking local dudes [Image: gay.gif] so there is definitely some competition. I didn't really check out the dudes that much when I was there haha. Also the Brazilian guys are very aggressive so if you are working on a girl you have to hold it down and watch for the snakes in the grass so to speak.

magnificent Hen, us lads are looking to go there at the end of this year for a few weeks maybe longer, the building a social circle and all those things we will have apt time for. thanks for a magnificent report.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Scarecr0w - I recommend getting an apartment, especially this time of year. Hostels are charging rape prices that might even cost more than apartments, believe it or not. Dorms are probably going for over $80/night right now. Can't even imagine what a private room would cost. Not only that but they have strict policies about visitors. Don't do it.

In my time in Brazil I've noticed that the only game brazilian guys even try is beeping car horns at girls as they drive by them and every now and then whistling at a girl on the beach. Not much competition of you ask me.

Quote: (01-23-2013 03:46 PM)Strictly Professional Wrote:  

In my time in Brazil I've noticed that the only game brazilian guys even try is beeping car horns at girls as they drive by them and every now and then whistling at a girl on the beach. Not much competition of you ask me.

Rio probably has the highest competition that I saw in Brazil. Have you gone out? A lot of the guys work out a lot. I noticed the most common game was caveman game, where they just walk up to girls and grab them and try and jam their tongues down their throat. To be honest, I saw it work a decent amount of time. More than it would work in the US. Lots of gringas go there and are shocked at how aggressive the men are.

I agree. Men from Rio are a different breed compared to elsewhere I've been in Brazil. When I talked about how Brazilian men roll, I was really talking about dudes from Rio. Brazilian guys from Floripa and Sao Paulo don't act like that.

Quote: (01-23-2013 04:24 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Quote: (01-23-2013 03:46 PM)Strictly Professional Wrote:  

Rio probably has the highest competition that I saw in Brazil. Have you gone out? A lot of the guys work out a lot. I noticed the most common game was caveman game, where they just walk up to girls and grab them and try and jam their tongues down their throat. To be honest, I saw it work a decent amount of time. More than it would work in the US. Lots of gringas go there and are shocked at how aggressive the men are.

Nice report Hen. You said you had friends that were players in Rio, did you make those connections through CS as well or are these guys you knew previously and they happened to move to Rio? What tips do you have for making connections with these types of people if one has no leads?

Quote: (01-23-2013 05:14 PM)iWin Wrote:  

Nice report Hen. You said you had friends that were players in Rio, did you make those connections through CS as well or are these guys you knew previously and they happened to move to Rio? What tips do you have for making connections with these types of people if one has no leads?

Nope. These are guys I knew previously. I don't use CS to meet guys. You gotta kind of "earn your dues" before you can really meet heavy hitters. You don't want to come to the table with nothing to talk about. My network is the accumulation of years of hustling and traveling. Get out and travel, earn some dope experiences, and over time you'll make contacts. Take it one day at a time.

Quote:HC Wrote:

I will be returning to Rio with my boys next time in the next couple months. I think all this talk about Brazil eroding is bullshit. Rio has incredible talent and the vibe is still the same. There are so many chicks. It really felt like I was just there yesterday the moment I arrived.

I dunno bro. 3 days?

A warm glass of water tastes like heaven when you have just walked through a desert.

When you first step off the plane into any non western country, the difference in the women is immediately noticeable. The first few days are a honeymoon period though, and reality sets in when you spend a bit more time there. There is tons to see and do, you are on sensory overload and each new day seems to be a big one. That wears off quickly though, and you will inevitably find that you start seeing and feeling the more negative aspects of a place.

The fact that you have a social circle there is massive advantage too, most guys wont have that luxury

Thanks for the write up, can't wait for my trip during the World Cup.

Quote: (01-22-2013 07:15 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

One thing I want to warn you guys about is make sure, whether you get an apartment on airbnb or a hotel, that you are allowed to bring outside visitors. Most hotels in Rio do not allow this and many apartments, especially those in secured buildings do not also. I stayed in a typical secured building in Ipanema with a glass entrance and a security guard at the desk. Though the airbnb ad didn't say anything about it, I learned after arriving that guests weren't allowed. Luckily, it didn't affect me in this case but make sure you confirm before getting a spot that you are allowed to bring chicks.

Damn bro! I ran into this problem in Rio where I was trying to go back to a girls room. I got cock blocked by the dude at the desk. He wanted R$70 for me to go up to her room. That's probably more expensive than a prostitute! I refused! But I would have never thought that about an apartment off Airbnb, that's crazy! Luckily in the apartments I stayed at, they let me bring girls back. It wasn't off airbnb though, it was a friends pad. I would be livid if I brought a girl back to my apartment and they told me I couldn't bring visitors. Is this strictly for apartments rented off airbnb though and not other residences in the building? If it's off airbnb only I kind of get it. I guess since you only booked for one, they don't want other spending the night, but still, who's to say they won't leave in an hour? That's some bullshit if you ask me. The dude at my spot on Airbnb is cool as shit. If you guys ever go to Medellin and are looking for a nice pad hit me up. Its a little expensive, but nice, right in the middle of everything, and the dude is awesome. I'll put you in contact.

Guys planning on going should know it is not cheap at all especially compared to the rest of South America and it it is just going to get more expensive heading to the World Cup..Great city though... Was shocked how small the Jesus Christ statue was when seeing it in person but sugar loaf is on of the greatest views in the world.

Quote: (01-24-2013 06:29 AM)Freddy_1 Wrote:  

Guys planning on going should know it is not cheap at all especially compared to the rest of South America and it it is just going to get more expensive heading to the World Cup..Great city though... Was shocked how small the Jesus Christ statue was when seeing it in person but sugar loaf is on of the greatest views in the world.

Guys apartments in Rio are really expensive, 150 dollars a night!! wouldnt it be cheaper to just bring a girl to a motel and spend the night there? in Montevideo is amazing the quantity of cheap motels( hoteles de alta rotatividad in spanish) where you can smash lizards cheaply and safely(25 bucks an hour or 45 the whole night in the top class places) . highly recommended!

Rio is most definitely expensive. I mentioned that in my posts. That's why I said your first order of business is to see if you can crash with anyone there. The apartments are not great for what you pay for. I was actually initially going to stay with that chick in Botafogo for a few days but her a/c broke and wouldn't have gotten installed in time for my trip. She said I could still crash but I didn't want to because it was like 86 degrees in her house. My friend who I stayed with on my first Rio trip no longer lives there. Next time I go I have a friend to stay with from the States.

Airbnb has an option where you can get private rooms. Some may allow you to bring visitors. Always inquire about that. Will be cheaper for you but you won't have an entire place to yourself so that's the tradeoff.

Quote: (01-24-2013 09:11 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Rio is most definitely expensive. I mentioned that in my posts. That's why I said your first order of business is to see if you can crash with anyone there. The apartments are not great for what you pay for. I was actually initially going to stay with that chick in Botafogo for a few days but her a/c broke and wouldn't have gotten installed in time for my trip. She said I could still crash but I didn't want to because it was like 86 degrees in her house. My friend who I stayed with on my first Rio trip no longer lives there. Next time I go I have a friend to stay with from the States.

Airbnb has an option where you can get private rooms. Some may allow you to bring visitors. Always inquire about that. Will be cheaper for you but you won't have an entire place to yourself so that's the tradeoff.

yeah i saw some not so expensive private rooms in rio. I would stay with somebody for free but i dont know anybody there. What do you recommend, to stay in a private room or in a shared 6 bedroom at a hostel? both have pros and cons...

Quote: (01-24-2013 09:55 AM)Scarecr0w Wrote:  

Quote: (01-24-2013 09:11 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

yeah i saw some not so expensive private rooms in rio. I would stay with somebody for free but i dont know anybody there. What do you recommend, to stay in a private room or in a shared 6 bedroom at a hostel? both have pros and cons...

Personally, I'm not a hostel kind of guy. That's just not my style since I'm not a backpacker. There are some places where staying at one can be smooth (with the private room option) and not a backpacker type of scene, but I don't think Rio is one of those places. Affordable lodging is so hard to come by and people want to go there so bad that the type of folks you find in hostels will impact your trip if you're looking to have a player experience. I mean do you really want to go to Rio to hook up with dingy gringas? You could do that in far less expensive locales! So, I'd say either do the private room if it's in a decent location and they allow visitors or put off Rio for another time. What are your goals for your trip?

You can also look into this site for a whole host of options http://www.visahunter.com/travel-tips-an...ommodation

If you have a CS account, post in some of the group threads saying you're looking for an apartment. List your dates and budget. You may get some help from locals in Rio.