rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving to North Carolina

Moving to North Carolina

Hey guys, I'm moving to Durham, North Carolina in a week. I've never been to North Carolina before... can anyone give me some tips on what's cool in the state. I'll be able to travel a lot, so I'd love to check out Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville, etc.

Moving to North Carolina

I lived in the area for a while, but did not really do any gaming b/c I was in an LTR. Never went to Raleigh, and know nothing about it....but that's where NC State is of course.

Duke is in Durham of course. Check out Brightleaf Square in Durham, also the American Tobacco Pavillion? near the ballpark. Should be opportunities to game there. There is a big bar called Tyler's, that may or may not be ok.

Chapel Hill has UNC, and the attendant girls. Wish I could remember the name of the bar, but there is a decent one there that has a rooftop patio right on the corner of Franklin St. and some other street. I know that is not super helpful but I'm too lazy to use google. [Image: smile.gif]

Moving to North Carolina

Greenville SC isn't much farther from you than Asheville NC..

I posted a Greenville data sheet a while back. Peep it:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-17790.html

If you make it down that way let me know how it went.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Moving to North Carolina

Rooftop patio in Chapel Hill is called Top of the Hill. It's a good place for girls, and so is He's Not Here, another bar down the street.

Moving to North Carolina

Quote: (01-08-2013 10:19 PM)flyingnimbus Wrote:  

Hey guys, I'm moving to Durham, North Carolina in a week. I've never been to North Carolina before... can anyone give me some tips on what's cool in the state. I'll be able to travel a lot, so I'd love to check out Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville, etc.

Durham
Duke has the least attractive girls of the three major universities in the area. They're not quite ugly, just not as attractive as the other two schools, and unfortunately, because they're at Duke, they think this somehow boosts their attractiveness.
Coffee shops around 9th street are good for hitting on undergrads. The bars on main st aren't bad. The only club is Shooters, but you can definitely pick up there if you can dance a bit.

I've banged 10 Duke girls that I can recall

Chapel Hill
The girls at UNC are much cuter than at Duke and somewhat more approachable. Top of the Hill is a great spot to pick up if you can find a wingman.

I've banged 2 UNC girls

Raleigh
I haven't spent much time here, but Raleigh is definitely more high-end than Durham or Chapel Hill. There's a lot of bars and restaurants on and around Fayetville St. Girls in Raleigh are cute and approachable. NC State has the cutest girls of the three major universities in the area.

I've banged 2 NCSU girls.

Charlotte
I never spent much time in Charlotte, though I had an apartment there once. I can't say much except that Charlotte had some cute girls, but I never quite figured out the town.

Asheville
Really cool town, great bar and restaurants, but definitely not the place to go if you want to get laid unless lesbian vegan feminists are your thing.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Moving to North Carolina

Hmmmm, I could move to Chapel Hill instead of Durham. Would you recommend that?

Moving to North Carolina

Quote: (01-10-2013 07:57 PM)flyingnimbus Wrote:  

Hmmmm, I could move to Chapel Hill instead of Durham. Would you recommend that?

How old are you? What kind of job will you have? Most 25+ professionals are probably better off in Raleigh. Bigger pond

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Moving to North Carolina

Hmmm...

1. Barbecue
2. Outter Banks
3. Nags Head
4. Charleston/Myrtle Beach, SC as a weekend getaway (Also, as mentioned above, Greenville, SC & Clemson U.--fun times)
5. Tobacco (if you're into that)
6. Mountains
7. University of North Carolina, North Carolina State University, Duke, Eastern Carolina University, Appalachian State University

Not much of a difference between Chapel Hill and Durham, in the grand scheme of things. You'd probably be equally happy in one as the other. Just go and make friends. NC peeps are good people. You'll have fun.

Moving to North Carolina

Why are you moving there? Raleigh is probably your better bet as far as things to do, but it's going to become incredibly boring after a little while. It's not that big of a city. Durham is a shithole. You would be better off living in Chapel Hill, but I wouldn't live there if you're out of college. If you have to live in the Triangle, live in Raleigh. And live Downtown so you're close to the bars. If you work in Durham, you can drive to work from Raleigh. It's not that big of a deal.

Moving to North Carolina

I'm 23, work from home as a copywriter. Don't care much for huge cities. I like the outdoors, and I also like taking road trips. I also can't stand the winter, which is why I'm moving somewhere in the south.

Moving to North Carolina

You're not going to escape the winter by moving to NC.

Moving to North Carolina

When I say I can't stand winter, I'm referring to the brutal Michigan winter. I don't mind it being chilly for a couple of months. I lived in Austin Texas last year and while I liked the warm winter, the hell on Earth summer was too much. I think North Carolina will be the sweet spot.

Moving to North Carolina

Funny. I'm going to Charlotte tomorrow to see an old friend for the weekend. I had to postpone my Scottsdale trip because it is extremely cold there right now. I can't believe it gets brick in that part of Arizona. High temps are in the 40s/low 50s!

Moving to North Carolina

@ flyingnimbus I had a discussion on here a while back with another forum member about N.C. winters. One year I was down there and it snowed two inches and everybody in the state freaked out, seemed the whole state shut down. But as far as the weather was concerned, compared to a few Ohio winters of note, it wasn't that bad. But I guess it depends on what you're used to.

@ HC, 66F for the high today in Cincinnati, 56F for Scottsdale. Something seems wrong with that picture. I'm not surprised, though.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.