rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Your favourite quotation?

Would be interested in hearing your favourite quote. Or just a quote that you really like. There are a ton of great quotes around. But I usually forget my favourite ones. So - it would be nice to have a thread collecting some of the better ones.

Anyway - one that I like (and is the only one I can recall right now) is the following from the comedian Will Rogers:

"Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.”

Originally I thought the quote was from Will Smith. But further research suggests it was originally said by the old-time comedian Will Rogers.

Cardguy

Make the ho say "no."

No more instruction needed for betas like me who aren't approaching enough.

Impossible to forget.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop right there. Eatin a bitch out, and givin a bitch a foot massage ain't even the same fuckin thing."

A toast the I used to say in the Army after we returned from deployment.

"We the willing, led by the unqualified, are asked to do the impossible for the ungrateful. And we've done so much, for so long, that now they expect us to do everything with nothing".
Unknown

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Behold:

Quote:Quote:

Once at huge park two dudes dragged me out into the woods and I blasted one in the head with a boulder I swooped off the ground straight across the face and beat the other one to near death then fucked the girl. I stole their Cutlass supreme and smashed that, stole all their money, drugs and weapons. The one dude I hit with the rock someone told me his half his row of front teeth were dis attached he was in intensive care.

- el mechanico (2012)

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Shit My Dad Says:

"Mom and I saw a great movie last night...No, don't remember the name. It was about a guy or, no, wait.. fuck, getting old sucks."

"There won't be humans in 500 years. Enough people choke themselves when they jerk off we gave it a name. We ain't a species made to last."

"So he likes drugs and hookers. That's the mustard & mayo on the sandwich of life. Problem is, that's all he's got on his fucking sandwich."

"Everyone thinks their opinion matters. Don't argue with a nobody. A farmer doesn't bother telling a pig his breath smells like shit."

"No. I want the salad...Live a little? I'm ordering lunch. I don't have a choice between salad or fucking skydiving."

"You came out of your mom looking like shit. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

"See, you think I give a shit. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of shit? That's why I look interested."

“You seen my cell phone?...What’s it look like? Like two horses fucking. It’s a phone, son. It looks like a phone."

"I found some shit in your room...No, I found actual shit. Feces...Well I should hope it's from your shoes, otherwise what the fuck?"

"Don't start a story with This is SO funny. Be like saying My dick's huge before you screw. Even if you're right you sound like an asshole."

"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

"There's a word for people like that...No, I'm saying, there's a word and I don't know what it is. I'm not being fucking poetic."

"Don't mess with him...Trust me, you don't fuck with a man that sleeps next to a woman he never screws. They're unpredictable."

"Universe is 14 billion years old. Seems silly to celebrate one year. Be like having a fucking parade every time i take a piss."

"I like See's candy. Put me in a See's store, I'm eating candy. The whole world is Tiger's See's store, and the candy is vagina."

"You worry too much. Eat some bacon... What? No, I got no idea if it'll make you feel better, I just made too much bacon."

"Just pay the parking ticket. Don't be so outraged. You're not a freedom fighter in the civil rights movement. You double parked."

"That woman was sexy...Out of your league? Son. Let women figure out why they won't screw you, don't do it for them."

"No, you can not borrow my t-shirt...How about instead of standing there looking shocked, you do your fucking laundry?"

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

“One must be a little foolish, if one does not want to be even more stupid.”
-Michel de Montaigne

I'm very cynical when it comes to 'love'. The way it is continually forced down our throats in music, TV shows, films and books is just too much. It feels like society is being brainwashed to keep the betas working, and the women reproducing.

So with that said. I love this quote from the brilliant HL Mencken:

"Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another."

Ha!

Quote: (01-07-2013 08:48 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I'm very cynical when it comes to 'love'. The way it is continually forced down our throats in music, TV shows, films and books is just too much. It feels like society is being brainwashed to keep the betas working, and the women reproducing.

So with that said. I love this quote from the brilliant HL Mencken:

"Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another."

Ha!

Mencken has given us so many gems we could have a thread just about him.

One of my favorites goes something like "A misogynist is a man who hates women as much as women hate women."

"I hate bad investments."
- Petyr Baelish, Game of Thrones

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

"I'll cut your ass" - IRT who held me up at knife point back in the neighbourhood.

This one has haunted me at several critical junctures in my life:
"The more things you possess, the more you are possessed."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
(Plus the entire of the 'War and Warriors' chapter is quotable)

The most important thing I learned in medical school:
"Rules are not meant to rule people. Rules exist for the benefit of people, not the other way round."
- Dr Bongi, the most amazing doctor I have ever met

This Taoist quote from Yuan Dao has guided me at times:
"The good swimmer is sure to drown."
i.e. It's when you are most cocky and sure of your abilities that you are likely to make a stupid mistake. As long as you keep approaching complex tasks as if you are beginner, you will keep learning and adapting. When you assume you are an expert, even if you are one, is when you become cognitively blind to your mistakes. As a doctor this is an important thing to grasp, and I've seen this play out with some of my colleagues - when a doctor is most sure of himself is when he is most likely to make a terrible mistake with a patient's life.

And of course, the all time classic:
"She needs my cock."

An old chess saying...

"It is better to have a bad plan, than no plan."

“The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

"I assess the power of a will by how much resistance, pain, torture it endures and knows how to turn to its advantage." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Today only the person who no longer believes in a happy ending, only he who has consciously renounced it, is able to live. A happy century does not exist; but there are moments of happiness, and there is freedom in the moment." - Ernst Juenger

"The imbecility of his passions saves man from the imbecility of his dreams."

"So-called frustrated lives tend to be merely overweening, frustrated ambitions."

"Civilizations enter into agony when they forget that there exists not merely an aesthetic activity, but also an aesthetic of activity."

"The greatest modern error is not to proclaim that God died, but to believe that the devil has died."

Lots of good ones here:

http://don-colacho.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/DColacho/

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

And on a lighter note, another Arnie quote: "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

A lot of Nietzsche in here.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

"Son, don't get married until you're 30. And then, once you're 30, don't get married.

- My father

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (01-11-2013 11:50 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

A lot of Nietzsche in here.

if he's good, he's good

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

I just came across this elsewhere on the interwebz. But am not sure who to credit it to.

Anyway - it isn't exactly a quotation - but it is one of the most creative things I have ever read.

Before Marriage - - -

Girlfriend: Yes. At last. It was so hard to wait.
Boyfriend: Do you want me to leave?
Girlfriend: NO! Don't even think about it.
Boyfriend: Do you love me?
Girlfriend: Of course! Over and over!
Boyfriend: Have you ever cheated on me?
Girlfriend: NO! Why are you even asking?
Boyfriend: Will you kiss me?
Girlfriend: Every chance I get!
Boyfriend: Will you hit me?
Girlfriend: Are you crazy! I'm not that kind of person!
Boyfriend: Can I trust you?
Girlfriend: Yes.
Boyfriend: Darling!

After marriage - simply read from bottom to top.

"To be great is to be misunderstood."

Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell." Edward Abbey

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

"True nobility is being superior to your former self." Ernest Hemingway

It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but I ain't got time to fuck around,
so I Just burn it all down and pick the needle from the ground
- Seth Sentry