rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dumb things women constantly say on POF

1. "My child is my one & only priority, if you cannot accept that blah blah blah"

Just a dumb thing to say...really, what guy in his right mind is going to think he is competing with the child for her attention. It's just something they post on there to divert the "maybe" guys, i.e. guys they make plans with for Friday night, then get a message from a better guy Friday morning, and break plans with the original guy, using the kid as an excuse. Single moms have that advantage and they don't even know it.

2. "I know I'm not barbie, Victoria's secret model, etc"

Obviously, if you're eligible to step in the ring with Buster Douglas, one would have to agree. They think by presenting it using this outrageous "Barbie comparison", that it brings them within a standard deviation of that.

3. "I'm not easy", yet you've been on POF for years and probably gotten banged by at least 10-15 guys in the past year alone.

Add anymore you like.

(If I wanted sex I'd go to the bar)

Got that one a lot.

Quote: (01-03-2013 11:11 PM)relo Wrote:  

(If I wanted sex I'd go to the bar)

Got that one a lot.

The natural answer is: if that's the case why the devil would a guy want to wine, dine, and court you to maybe have a shot at sex on the third date when you've just told him you've gone home with random guys at the bar whenever you were horny?

Personally..I like when some of them say that they don't date black guys.

Then I get their number and invite them out somewhere private.

I am the cock carousel

Single mothers "My son/daughter was the best thing that happened to me"

"I love to laugh" Really? I was looking for a woman who HATES all forms of humor...[Image: tard.gif]

Quote: (01-04-2013 02:20 AM)RCron Wrote:  

"I love to laugh" Really? I was looking for a woman who HATES all forms of humor...[Image: tard.gif]

Women write in simple code.

When they say "I love to laugh" what it means they love to be teased and and gently negged, which gets them wet.

When they say, "I am sarcastic" what it means is that they like to be on receiving end of gentle sarcasm by an guy

When they say, "I am looking for my soulmate" what it means is that they are looking for a guy who paints a romantic vision, but fucks them into oblivion.

Though sometimes they say what they mean directly, most of what they say has these hidden meanings they themselves are only dimly aware of.

I'm really sarcastic/have a great sense of humor = I am a boring, socially inept idiot who thinks that flirting/sarcastic humor means being a combative and snarky bitch no matter what a guy's message says

"i'm just here to make friends"

3 hours later shes taking your dick like theres no tomorrow

Ah....online dating. The ultimate unmasking of the vacuous nature of women.

Let's see...

"Friend's First", translation is, keeping my options open

"I'm an intellectual" or "I like having intellectual conversations" or something along those lines, translation is, pseudo-intellectual that tries to pretend they are deep

I've also noticed a lot of in OKC in the "I'm really good at..." section is women write, "being awkward" or "Making people feel awkward."

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of for now.

"Can go from rocking a pair of jeans to a little black dress for a night out on the town."

As if most of us can't switch from casual to formal by going to the fucking closet.

Quote: (01-08-2013 04:43 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

"Can go from rocking a pair of jeans to a little black dress for a night out on the town."

As if most of us can't switch from casual to formal by going to the fucking closet.

True.

Maybe it's girl code for "no proles need apply".

"down to earth chick". Most of them are very very firmly planted on this planet due to their sheer heft.

"I'm a straight-shooter. I tell it like it is!"

That translates to: I'm so rude no one will have me in real life, so here I am. How is it women lack the self-awareness to see this?

And of course when you go through their questions, they rate their self-confidence as "very very high."

Yeah....girls have no idea what they are saying. I have found so many times it is the opposite. Their thinking is this what I want but not how I am therefore I'm going to make a point of it. That's because they are always doing what they say they don't want.

This is more a pet peeve that a "dumb thing" women say, but why do so many African-American women have race-related handles like "Choco-honey" or "Brown Skin Girl?"

It's as if they define themselves only by race -- which makes them seem one-dimensional and therefore less interesting. IMO this is why they don't get responses (this topic came up on Heartiste a while back).

If black women went with handles like "Metal Head" or "Fashion First" (for example), they'd probably get more play online because that makes them seem like people, not caricatures. People are more than their skin color or ethnicity. God, I sound like some sort of liberal professor type, but really there is some truth here.

Quote: (01-09-2013 04:57 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

It's as if they define themselves only by race -- which makes them seem one-dimensional and therefore less interesting. [...] People are more than their skin color or ethnicity.

It's because they do. It's not just race though.

Small minds define themselves by what they are, not who they are.

If you message these girls, what do y'all generally say?

Are you talking about messaging women on OKC in general or messaging the ones we're criticizing?

I'll assume it's the first of these. You should start a new thread if you want advice on this. There already was a thread on this, but I think a new one is in order.

Here is some quick advice. I've found a short and sweet joking opener about some unconsciously important detail of a woman's profile works best. Include a question to prompt a response. Let's say you deduce she is a music nut. An example would be: "Leonard Cohen -- really? I prefer Dylan. Ever heard Nick Drake?" If she's into football, you might say "You know, I had money on the Colts game. You HAD to remind me, didn't you? You HAD TO."

Whatever you do, try and comment on something that taps into her EMOTIONAL field of vision, not her intellectual one. People are passionate about the music they love and the teams they follow. They often care less about things like work and school, which we all have to do.

Coming across as having a comic, approachable personality is best, I've found. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS BEING A SAPPY BETA SCHLUB (see below). You also can't be too asshol-ish, I've found. In person, negs can shock a woman into trying answer to you but online she can just click away to the dozens of other responses she gets. Here is what not to do:

NO long soliloquies. NO compliments. NO compliments (I had to repeat that.) NEVER drone on about yourself -- she can click on the profile for that. NEVER write more than two sentences AT FIRST unless you have a damn good reason. NEVER be earnest. ALWAYS be casual and somewhat teasing (except if you're dealing with a war widow or something).

(If she starts sending you semi-nude pics, that's the time to throw out a SIMPLE compliment. You don't want to be ungrateful. But only then.)

And don't take it personally if you don't hear back. Women get swamped with replies. If you're unsure of what to do create a mock profile with a generic pic from somewhere and do some test runs.

Quote: (01-10-2013 12:43 AM)txtraveler Wrote:  

If you message these girls, what do y'all generally say?

How unique they are. Ive never even met a unique girl in my life.

How sweet they can be but can also be the biggest bitch. Uh why the fuck would you put that on your profile.

Add..."I have a passion for baking and pastries" that shit has been springing up where I'm at. Good luck with actually getting one to make you something lol.

Im not racist but only white guys!

Quote: (01-12-2013 02:53 PM)houston Wrote:  

Im not racist but only white guys!

Maybe they have small, Asianesque snatches? [Image: biggrin.gif]

Im just looking for friends. I dont gice out my number and wont meet up with you.

Why are you even on a dating site you idiot!??

"Doesn't have kids, but wants them."

...when the woman is like 45 years old. I was in my senior year in college when my mother turned 45.