rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No Shoes in the House! (Asian Style)

Am I the only person here who is a Nazi about wearing shoes in the house?

I know 90% of Americans wear shoes in their home, and don't even think twice about taking their shoes off in the house. Personally, I think Asian people have got it right with their no shoes policy. When I was younger I always thought it was funny that they were like that, and wondered why it was such a big deal. Then after going to Bangkok it became pretty evident. I had a newish pair of havainna flip flops that were clean when I got to BKK, after 3-4 days of walking around the city they were almost completely black!

Now I'd say major cities in Asia are definitely dirty then cities here in the U.S., and overall most small to mid-sized U.S. towns are pretty clean, but if I lived in a city like SF or NYC, I certainly wouldn't wear shoes in the house. The streets are dirty, with the chance of stepping in dog shit, piss, vomit, trash, motor oil run off, etc. pretty high, why would you want to walk around your home in the same shoes that are stepping in that filth?

My friends all think I'm an OCD germaphobic nut, which admittedly I am, but I think they are kind of ignorant for not being more aware of these things. I always ask people to take my shoes off in my place, and one friend in particular always throws a fit and acts like it's such a hardship to take his shoes off when he comes over. Anyways, at the end of the day my hardwood floors and carpeting are going to stay cleaner, meaning that I won't have to mop the hardwood as often, or pay for carpet cleaners to come over every couple year.

Anyone else Asian with their no shoes policy? LOL, this topic probably didn't necessitate a post, but I think it's somewhat interesting from a cultural point of view. Cleanliness is next to Godliness and no shoes in the house is one more way to keep it clean!

I was always brought up to take my shoes off as I got in the house, it's stuck...I hate when friends come over and they begin to walk past the entrance way with their shoes on...have to yell at them to take their shoes off. Just makes sense, outsides dirty, you can't keep shoes clean enough, don't want to track that all over the house. If anything I have a pair of slippers I wear if I'm cold inside and I got a pair of runners I have just for inside when I want to use the treadmill.

My best friend is Chinese, and part of it is the old generation never bought new shoes......

I wear mine inside, I TRY to take them off before I walk into my bedroom but sometimes I'm in a rush and I forget.

I always take my shoes off. I think it is a good practice even if you live in a clean city. The Japanese do it and their cities are generally cleaner than American ones. In any city you are walking through filth even if it isn't a dump where bums piss all over the streets. Unless you have a maid you are making more work for yourself by wearing shoes inside and ruining any carpets. You'll notice how much dirtier the entryway floor is and that is all stuff you'd be tracking into you house with your shoes.

Of course.

No shoes in the house!

Only house shoes:

[Image: 561247885_o.jpg]

Gio those house shoes look pretty comfy, esp. for the winter months. I personally am a big fan of tempur-pedic as I have one of their beds and pillows, so I ended up coughing up the cash to get a pair of their house slippers, which are extremely comfortable. For anyone who got some Xmas cash and wants to treat themselves I recommend them, though they are expensive.

http://www.tempurpedic.com/TEMPUR-Mens-S...lipper.asp

Same way here. I keep a pair of house shoes by the door which I immediately slip into upon coming home. I clean my floors every week but that's probably more than necessary considering I'm not tracking much dirt indoors.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I think Beyond Borders said it...

In Asia, they take their shoes off to keep the floor clean. In America, they keep their shoes on to keep their feet clean.

I love that. Keep the fucking floor clean!

Hey now, every player worth his weight in ACV has a pair of velvet slippers for around the house. [Image: tdcs.gif][Image: badger.gif][Image: king.gif]

[Image: VelvetSlipper_1_zps6f059080.jpg]

And if you're srs about ballin' outta control, you gotta have multiple sets for both in and outside the palace.

[Image: Kanye_2_zps9235cc9d.jpg]

These are mandatory, as shown by IRL Patrick Bateman, Scotty D:

[Image: Stubbs_zps09e372d2.jpg]

[Image: Scoot_D_1_zps6d390f40.jpg]

Customize your own pair here.

The Puritan hated bear-baiting, not because it gave pain to the bear, but because it gave pleasure to the spectators. - Thomas B. Macaulay

Rick Von Slonecker is tall, rich, good-looking, stupid, dishonest, conceited, a bully, liar, drunk and thief, an egomaniac, and probably psychotic. In short, highly attractive to women. - Whit Stillman

Quote: (12-29-2012 06:42 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Gio those house shoes look pretty comfy, esp. for the winter months. I personally am a big fan of tempur-pedic as I have one of their beds and pillows, so I ended up coughing up the cash to get a pair of their house slippers, which are extremely comfortable. For anyone who got some Xmas cash and wants to treat themselves I recommend them, though they are expensive.

http://www.tempurpedic.com/TEMPUR-Mens-S...lipper.asp
You can get a lifetime of Debo slippers from the dollar store for that much.

How come taking off shoes is percieved as an Asian thing?

Here in Baltics people take off their shoes when entering homes too. Not taking them off is rude and might be acceptable only in cases of great hurry. I really thought it is an universal norm, but reading this thread has shown me another reason to never visit USA.

I would never invite a person in my home who doesn't took off his shoes previous time. And I would insist on a guest taking off shoes even clearly yelling and getting angry if they dont figure to do it by themselves. But I believe I have had just one such a visitor in whole my life.

Quote: (12-30-2012 12:02 AM)Mage Wrote:  

I really thought it is an universal norm, but reading this thread has shown me another reason to never visit USA.
What a weird reason not to visit a country.

Quote: (12-30-2012 12:07 AM)houston Wrote:  

I really thought it is an universal norm, but reading this thread has shown me another reason to never visit USA.

This is not the sole reason just another reason. As for the other reasons - this blog and the whole of manosphere gives me these reasons daily.

Quote: (12-30-2012 12:25 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Quote: (12-30-2012 12:07 AM)houston Wrote:  

This is not the sole reason just another reason. As for the other reasons - this blog and the whole of manosphere gives me these reasons daily.
[Image: american.gif]

Quote: (12-29-2012 09:36 PM)Prufrock Wrote:  

These are mandatory, as shown by IRL Patrick Bateman, Scotty D:

[Image: Scoot_D_1_zps6d390f40.jpg]

Scott Disick has got a pretty sick wardrobe. I've seen him in person on several occasions in Miami and I'm actually always impressed by what he's wearing, no homo.

First time I saw him, before I had a clue who he was, he was in a grey suit with pinstripes, looking like a straight up, bold, italicized, capital, G.

Anyway, back to the original topic - yeah, shoes usually come off and are left at the door, but I'm not as adamant about it as, say, Chinese families I know. My best friend in childhood was Chinese, and if you were wearing your shoes in the house, you'd catch an earful from his mom!

Yup take off your shoes and put on the slippers.

That fool jacked my style. I have a coat exactly like that. Hell I even do my hair like that

I don't think this is a strictly asian thing. Most of Europe has the same thing going. What diws it loke like in latin America?

Quote: (12-30-2012 05:02 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

I don't think this is a strictly asian thing. Most of Europe has the same thing going. What diws it loke like in latin America?
As I read this and think of the Euro girls that have had me in their house, only one - a girlfriend in college, a 1st-gen Ukrainian Americanka - had a shoe protocol, which was simply to take them off downstairs, then carry them upstairs to her room, where she would throw 'em in her closet.

And then she'd bring 'em back down and put them on at the door before leaving.

One of my close friends is a 1st gen Russian Americanski, and now that I think of it, I've never had my shoes off at his place.

Germans usually take off their shoes, too. Everything else is just nasty.

Hate to sound so ignorant, but watching certain American TV show's, I'll see some of the characters keep their shoes on while sitting on their bed. Like Giovanny said, some cultures take their shoes off to keep their floors clean, while others keep them on to keep their feet clean. But, to those who keep their shoes on... also on the bed? Yuck.

I make girls keep on their high heels.

Quote: (12-30-2012 01:25 PM)Albertron Wrote:  

Hate to sound so ignorant, but watching certain American TV show's, I'll see some of the characters keep their shoes on while sitting on their bed. Like Giovanny said, some cultures take their shoes off to keep their floors clean, while others keep them on to keep their feet clean. But, to those who keep their shoes on... also on the bed? Yuck.
Yep, most of us rub the shoes on beds and couches.

This is part of Tuth's First Date Bang Recipe. It works!

everyone's shoes off, every single time. i have shelves by the door to store all the shoes i wear on the regular.

fucking disgusting otherwise.