rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pro-Male Ads

Pro-Male Ads

I recently came upon two subtly pro-man commercials - I found them funny and clever, and a nice respite from the misandry endemic in advertising. While I despise advertising in general, I have to wonder if these ads are indicative of changing attitudes.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2:

Summary: Woman pretends to work while the man does the real work. The woman is fat, frumpy and ugly. The woman takes credit for his work, but the male boss favors the man anyway. Although I think the woman is from some TV show or movie with a similar character, so the representation isn't 'pure.'

Toyota GT-86

Summary: Men ignore the wishes of their mothers and wives, and rediscover their passion, feeling a renewed sense of freedom and vitality. Women will not hesitate to grab the nearest Louisville Slugger and bash your face dreams in.

If you have any other good ones, especially if they are recent, post them up.

I did some research, and discovered that the Toyota Spot was made by Happiness Brussels. I didn't determine who exactly is making the Samsung spots.

I also liked a couple other Samsung spots - one features a father leaving his cute little daughters and wife for a business trip, and the wife sends him a video of the kids, plus an additional tape of her own... And for once, the father doesn't look like a pussy; he is framed as the anchor of his family. While it's not clear, the mother could be a housewife. The advertisers could have used this ad to shove feminism down your throat, say by making the *mother* go on the trip, leaving the father home and emasculating him, but they thankfully chose not to.

The other ad features a guy screwing up on a date and then the girl saves the day, and the date resumes its promising course. Sounds like another 'man as doofus' ad, but the girl doesn't have that trademark snarky triumphalism, and it's just lighthearted fun. She seems genuinely happy to be with him, instead of feeling too good for him, a la every American sitcom. He also doesn't look like a pussy (and a little like a paler, less hirsute Roosh if you squint hard enough - maybe that's why she's so happy?)

Pro-Male Ads

Fathers will always be men:

Pro-Male Ads

Quote: (12-27-2012 04:18 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

I recently came upon two subtly pro-man commercials - I found them funny and clever, and a nice respite from the misandry endemic in advertising. While I despise advertising in general, I have to wonder if these ads are indicative of changing attitudes.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2:

Summary: Woman pretends to work while the man does the real work. The woman is fat, frumpy and ugly. The woman takes credit for his work, but the male boss favors the man anyway. Although I think the woman is from some TV show or movie with a similar character, so the representation isn't 'pure.'

Toyota GT-86

Summary: Men ignore the wishes of their mothers and wives, and rediscover their passion, feeling a renewed sense of freedom and vitality. Women will not hesitate to grab the nearest Louisville Slugger and bash your face dreams in.

If you have any other good ones, especially if they are recent, post them up.

I did some research, and discovered that the Toyota Spot was made by Happiness Brussels. I didn't determine who exactly is making the Samsung spots.

I also liked a couple other Samsung spots - one features a father leaving his cute little daughters and wife for a business trip, and the wife sends him a video of the kids, plus an additional tape of her own... And for once, the father doesn't look like a pussy; he is framed as the anchor of his family. While it's not clear, the mother could be a housewife. The advertisers could have used this ad to shove feminism down your throat, say by making the *mother* go on the trip, leaving the father home and emasculating him, but they thankfully chose not to.

The other ad features a guy screwing up on a date and then the girl saves the day, and the date resumes its promising course. Sounds like another 'man as doofus' ad, but the girl doesn't have that trademark snarky triumphalism, and it's just lighthearted fun. She seems genuinely happy to be with him, instead of feeling too good for him, a la every American sitcom. He also doesn't look like a pussy (and a little like a paler, less hirsute Roosh if you squint hard enough - maybe that's why she's so happy?)

On the date night video, notice the submissive pose she takes at the very end. I wonder if that was intentionally choreographed?

Pro-Male Ads

I guess they realized that insulting men doesn't do a good job of selling to them.

Pro-Male Ads

This thread makes me smile.

Pro-Male Ads

Here's one from Brazil from last year.

Translation:

Son: Dad, you don't need to stop in the front of the school. Here's fine. Thanks Dad. Bye.

Dad: Wait. Do you know how to surf?

Son: No

Dad: Do you know how to play guitar?

Dad: Have you gotten a girl?

Dad: Then, forgive me, but if anyone here should be ashamed of someone it's me, isn't it?

Pro-Male Ads

Pro-Male Ads

Especially like the Toyota GT ad. Look at those girls going crazy because the blokes got something THEY wanted.
Good on them.

Pro-Male Ads

Great Thread!
[Image: vV9zj.gif]

Pro-Male Ads

It's not for women.

Pro-Male Ads

Quote: (01-06-2013 11:42 PM)wi30 Wrote:  

It's not for women.

[Image: dodgy.gif]

Pro-Male Ads

Quote: (01-06-2013 11:50 PM)houston Wrote:  

Hahaha from the comments: "You are out of breath talking. Stop "ranting" (typing/talking) about diet sodas, drink one and go on a walk. This was an ad campaign, not exactly kristalnacht."

Pro-Male Ads

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Pro-Male Ads

I consider this a 'red pill' advert. Shame it got banned.

Pro-Male Ads

You are in for a treat here. Another banned advert (again not sure if it ever made it to air).

Easily my favourite advert ever!

Pro-Male Ads

The lynx/axe adverts tend to be good.

Pro-Male Ads

This add run up a lot of controversy in Spain. The car has a woman name and the female voice says: Look at me, touch me, caress me, provoke me, seduce me, controll me, protect me, shout at me. [Image: whip.gif]

EDIT: found an extended version of it with English texts.

She go crazy, is hamster!

Pro-Male Ads

Russian love story:

REQUEST: guys, please post only one YouTube video per post. Many videos per thread makes the browsing experience excruciatingly slow.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Pro-Male Ads

Fighting a bear is pretty red-pill, isn't it?

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Pro-Male Ads

I'm so happy. [Image: smile.gif]

Pro-Male Ads

I wonder if these ads have had any type of increase on their bottom line. Very refreshing to see these.

Pro-Male Ads

Would this ad be pro-male?

Quote:Quote:

How can you stay focused as a stunning, super sexy woman does everything to attract your attention? While students in the library studied for their exams they were secretly tested using hidden cameras and ... Anna.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Pro-Male Ads

Tecate Beer had some lulzy ones, they angered the mexican feminists

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO4mOnRMdS1LQzwjen3_B...PhfPvZjdqg]

[Image: amor.jpg][Image: ba%C3%B1o.jpg]
[Image: prima.jpg]

Theres some good ones here

Pro-Male Ads

Was struck by the unabashed dominant-submissive poses here.
I rarely see this ad type anymore, but maybe they live on in fashion magazines.

Pro-Male Ads

That Dodge Charger ad is actually anti-male - "Hey, we know you're a pussy whipped bitch at home, but if you buy our car, you'll have a little toy to help you bear your state of bondage."