rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is This Beta?

Is This Beta?

This is a thread for all those moments when you think to yourself, boy there sure is something beta about this...

I've been noticing a lot of guys and girls looking down on their cell phone when they should be doing something else.

Deep down inside, I'm sure they're thinking "I'm too cool for whatever is happening around me so I will look down into my cool phone and get in touch with my kewl friendz."

[Image: nYBve.jpg]

That's what they're thinking, but I know better.

What I see is a guy who wants to look cool, but is basically demonstrating that there is someone else out there important enough for him to lose vision of what's happening in front of him.

Supplication

What people need to start realizing when they do this is that they are basically displaying there is someone cooler than them getting their time of day.

Instead of looking down on your cell phone, do the alpha thing (ie. throw your fucking phone in someone's face while screaming in rage).

I kid.

The most alpha thing you can do is to not respond to anything until you're in the bathroom taking a dump. That's when you can really show that whoever is out there is probably more important than you focusing on what's otherwise coming out.

This might require more than one dump a day, but it's the alpha thing to do.

Is This Beta?

Quote: (12-21-2012 08:40 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

This is a thread for all those moments when you think to yourself, boy there sure is something beta about this...

I've been noticing a lot of guys and girls looking down on their cell phone when they should be doing something else.

Deep down inside, I'm sure they're thinking "I'm too cool for whatever is happening around me so I will look down into my cool phone and get in touch with my kewl friendz."

[Image: nYBve.jpg]

That's what they're thinking, but I know better.

What I see is a guy who wants to look cool, but is basically demonstrating that there is someone else out there important enough for him to lose vision of what's happening in front of him.

Supplication

What people need to start realizing when they do this is that they are basically displaying there is someone cooler than them getting their time of day.

Instead of looking down on your cell phone, do the alpha thing (ie. throw your fucking phone in someone's face while screaming in rage).

I kid.

The most alpha thing you can do is to not respond to anything until you're in the bathroom taking a dump. That's when you can really show that whoever is out there is probably more important than you focusing on what's otherwise coming out.

This might require more than one dump a day, but it's the alpha thing to do.

I agree, this is an example of bad manners and I also believe that smart phones are turning people into socially inept morons. Now nobody has to interact or socialize with others, especially strangers, because they can just entertain themselves with their smart phones.

Night clubs and other venues aren't what they used to be. I don't understand people, especially women, who get all dolled up to go to a club and then spend a good amount of the night on their phones instead of getting drunk and dancing like normal humans.

Another thing is the lunch room these days, before the guys would all sit around and tell jokes, lies and stories about how crazy their weekend was or how much they hate their wives, not anymore, everyone is glued to their phone.

I still have yet to buy a smart phone, I have a POS flip phone and I even get made fun of in third world countries by poor people who somehow manage to have a Samsung galaxy or Iphone, yes it is a bit embarrassing at times, but I refuse to join the zombie brigade!

Is This Beta?

My phone would be silenced and I'd be making conversation.
This behavior is ripe in teenage girls and younger women, and it's sad to see it affecting men as well.

Is This Beta?

Whether or not if it is beta, it certainly is low-class, rude, and obnoxious behavior.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Is This Beta?

I force myself to keep my phone in my pocket when I'm out. It's like fighting a damn drug addiction sometimes.

Is This Beta?

No. It's Alpha. The dude was bored and he's probably texting another forum member or posting here hopefully not on one of Speakeasy's race threads though [Image: wink.gif]

Is This Beta?

What about the guy in the santa hat who has his t shirt tucked into his khakis?