rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roosh and Heartiste -- does anyone else come close to these gurus?

I consider Roosh and Heartiste to be the Lennon and McCartney of the manosphere (which one is Lennon and which is McCartney is a matter for debate).

I've browsed some of the other blogs of this nature and nobody else seems to come close. Roosh and Heartiste are simply in a league of their own. Rational Male is pretty strong, perhaps even on their level. But is there anyone of this level that I am missing?

There existed a manosphere before Roosh and Roissy, and you can find the archives at

http://no-maam.blogspot.com/

In particular the book of Bonecrker and Pook are particularly groundbreaking.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I do like Krauser's work: it's quite systematic, theoretically solid and at the same time more practical than Heartiste (but somewhat less practical perhaps than Roosh's work)

Roosh, Heartiste and Krauser are my holy trinity [Image: smile.gif]

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Quote: (12-21-2012 07:33 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

There existed a manosphere before Roosh and Roissy...

Thanks for the suggestion. And just to be clear, I don't mean to suggest that Roosh and Roissy invented this area, it was just a bit of hyperbole to express how good I find their work.

Soloman and the Ratio Factor had real potential. But, they left before they had a chance to really hit it big.

Quote: (12-21-2012 07:33 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

There existed a manosphere before Roosh and Roissy, and you can find the archives at

http://no-maam.blogspot.com/

In particular the book of Bonecrker and Pook are particularly groundbreaking.

Just started The Book of Pook yesterday. Excellent read so far.

I used to like reading Ijjji's stuff, back in the day
http://kamafun-fun.blogspot.com/

Rollo Tomassi is more about inner game, but one of my favorites that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Rational Male

The G Manifesto is pretty solid, if you can take what he writes about and try to apply it to your own personal situations.

But up there with Roosh is Danger and Play. Some of what he has written has changed my life.

I feel like I've really got a long way to go with all of these other gurus. I only read Heartiste on occasion.

Anyone knows where I can find Solomon's blog posts?[Image: confused.gif]

Quote: (12-21-2012 09:37 PM)Pete Wrote:  

Someone uploaded his blog to the forum awhile back, so you can enjoy it as an attachment:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/attachment.php?aid=8537

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (12-21-2012 11:44 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Someone uploaded his blog to the forum awhile back, so you can enjoy it as an attachment:

Thanks for posting that link Samseau, there's a lot of good writing there, I especially like the part that says:

"Most men – average men – can only begin enjoying life at age 29 the way women do at
age 19 because it takes them that long to gain the resources women find attractive. The
point in life where men’s and women’s access intersect is the marriage zone. She has to
get him to commit in that zone before he realizes that his life is really just starting. My
recommendation: she’s enjoyed her “wild and free” days, so avoid marriage and go
enjoy yours. Travel. Sex up a variety of women. Explore your hobby now that you
have both the time and resources to do so. In short, live life with the access of a carefree
19 year old party girl."[b]

Roosh, Heartiste and Dalrock are my favorite writers of the manosphere.

Roosh (and his forum) provides both the basics, philosophy, travel info funny stories and many advanced game techniques (fuck funnel? logistics? [Image: lol.gif] ). His tone is laid back and quite a bit nostalgic.

Roissy sometimes slips into conspiracy theories and nationalism, but has staggering game insights, such as his recent discussions of frame control, natural vs. learned alpha, passing shit tests, themed game weeks and so on. He also tracks many evo-psych studies that concern game. His tone is fierce.

Dalrock provides the wide view of the sexual market, particularly concerning marriage and divorce. He is also the most detailed of the three and cites the most sources. His tone is detached.

Anyways, cheers to all three for vastly improving men's lives worldwide.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

-Roosh
-Roissy
-The Rawness therawness.com
-Rollo Tomassi rationalmale.wordpress.com
-Mark Manson postmasculine.com
-Badger badgerhut.wordpress.com
-Alpha Game alphagameplan.blogspot.com

Good suggestions, I look forward to following up on all of them.

Danger and Play is one I've been looking at this morning. Great stuff!

Anybody read Richard La Ruina? seems to have good reviews...

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Quote: (12-21-2012 11:44 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Thanks for that, Samseau. When he took his blog offline, someone resurrected it for a short while, but it soon disappeared as well. His writing and thoughts are top shelf.

Quote: (12-21-2012 07:29 PM)Humanist Wrote:  

I consider Roosh and Heartiste to be the Lennon and McCartney of the manosphere (which one is Lennon and which is McCartney is a matter for debate).

I've browsed some of the other blogs of this nature and nobody else seems to come close. Roosh and Heartiste are simply in a league of their own. Rational Male is pretty strong, perhaps even on their level. But is there anyone of this level that I am missing?

Yeah, once you are finished with the basics, you can move on to the "Jimi Hendrix":

http://www.thegmanifesto.com

roosh has only gotten better with time and his blog as of this year is off the chain. it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the guy's shaping up to be one of america's greatest cultural critics.

roissy (2007-2011ish) is required reading, but 2012 heartiste has devolved into mental masturbation & repetition. most everything about the "aloof alpha asshole attitude" and the female rationalization hamster has been said, and the writer puts way too much stock in the former, gleefully mythologizing it.

All the above sites are good.

Private Man is a good one too.

http://theprivateman.wordpress.com/

Roosh
Danger and Play
Bold and Determined

I don't read anyone else from the manosphere, unless someone posts an interesting article from another site here. Used to read Heartiste, but I just got sick of his writing.

Vksempireofdirt
Nexxtlevelup
Roosh
Danger and play

Quote: (12-22-2012 09:10 AM)michelin Wrote:  

Anybody read Richard La Ruina? seems to have good reviews...

well known in London for being a con artist.

my 2 are krauser for practical 'outer game' and Rollo for 'inner game'
nexxtlevelup is great for other advice like health and working out
masculine style is brilliant if you're shit at wearing clothes

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Rollo is in my mind the best.

He is the one who could be a talking head all over the MSM and disarm every single argument effortlessly.