rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roosh's London Report

Roosh's London Report

From his youtube channel.
Subscribe if you've not already.

Roosh's London Report

I have a real love hate relationship with this place. Only 10 years ago the whole of London was a goldmine. I would get laid every single time I went out. (Now... maybe once a month after a few dates with a 7)
You could take a walk around the east end of London and just walk into some random warehouse party filled with models, actresses, musicians, artists and a lot of shoreditch twats. Crazy drug, alcohol fuelled sex pretty much went down every single time I went out. I was living the dream and I didn't even know it! This was at the height of the British music scene and the rundown areas of Islington and Shoreditch were up and coming with an influx of creative types moving there from all over the world.
Fast forward 15 years and it's all over. THe quality of Eastern europe and Scandinavia have all gone and you are just left with hordes of Spanish and Italians and a huge Australian contingency.
I hate the fact that London has gone to shit because the quality of life is excellent if you know what you are doing. I look back on the glory days and I can't believe I have ended up spending more time in industrial shitholes where I can't speak the Language than I do in my home town.

Roosh's London Report

Quote: (12-21-2012 11:14 AM)gadabout Wrote:  

I have a real love hate relationship with this place. Only 10 years ago the whole of London was a goldmine. I would get laid every single time I went out. (Now... maybe once a month after a few dates with a 7)
You could take a walk around the east end of London and just walk into some random warehouse party filled with models, actresses, musicians, artists and a lot of shoreditch twats. Crazy drug, alcohol fuelled sex pretty much went down every single time I went out. I was living the dream and I didn't even know it! This was at the height of the British music scene and the rundown areas of Islington and Shoreditch were up and coming with an influx of creative types moving there from all over the world.
Fast forward 15 years and it's all over. THe quality of Eastern europe and Scandinavia have all gone and you are just left with hordes of Spanish and Italians and a huge Australian contingency.
I hate the fact that London has gone to shit because the quality of life is excellent if you know what you are doing. I look back on the glory days and I can't believe I have ended up spending more time in industrial shitholes where I can't speak the Language than I do in my home town.

Interesting.

What caused it to get worse in 10-15 years?

Roosh's London Report

Every city has it's moment in time. That was Londons. Could newyork/brooklyn have been the same around that time? Think The strokes - this is it, kinda period. London will have it's time again but by that point I will be too old to enjoy it.
Also the Italian and Spanish invasion has just diluted the shit out of the place. I think less than half of Londoners are now British.

Roosh's London Report

Quote: (12-21-2012 11:58 AM)gadabout Wrote:  

Every city has it's moment in time. That was Londons. Could newyork/brooklyn have been the same around that time? Think The strokes - this is it, kinda period. London will have it's time again but by that point I will be too old to enjoy it.
Also the Italian and Spanish invasion has just diluted the shit out of the place. I think less than half of Londoners are now British.

Gotcha.

"All good things must come to an end".

My Dad was in London is the 60's and said that was a pretty dope time as well.

I heard the late 80's and 90's in London were sick too.

Roosh's London Report

What you describe sounds very much like what people say about Berlin today, with the wild parties, music scene, etc.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Roosh's London Report

What changed?

Gentrification.

Cool people don't have a a lot of coin, they move to run down spots and make the place.. err..umm.. cool. Then people start following these cool people jacking up rents and making the place sterile with Starbucks and Gap on each corner.

Berlin is right now like this as the above kat said but you could argue that its hit its peak. Berlin is not underground anymore and people from all over are flocking to it its only a matter of time until the run down Eastern-part will see steep increases.

Brooklyn has been uncool for 5 years now my last trip to W-Burg felt like a Disney movie. Maybe South Brooklyn is still popping and maybe parts of Queens or the Bronx are starting to pop off I have no idea I hope NYC heads can chime in on that. But you won't know about that "next" unless you really look for it, right now people are having those sex, drug, and booze infused parties in the grimiest dumpy basements and lofts. For me I just look to where a lot of banging music is coming from, right now its from random spots like South Africa and Holland, these might be the nest "it" spots who knows.

Roosh's London Report

Sounds Amazing! Wish I was here then. I really dont think its all bad now though. Sure its probably not as good as it was 10-15 years ago but you can still rack up loads of flags and get laid pretty regularly with game and most importantly, good logistics.

By the way the Aussie invasion is nothing new, hoardes of Aussies have been going to work and live in London for decades.

Roosh's London Report

Berlin peaked about 5 years ago but there is still some life left in the old dog yet. When Londons scene dried up everyone and their dog was partying in Berlin. Great times... german girls are wild and totally DTF. Have some cracking tales that blow London out the water. I went back not to recently to visit some friends and there is still plenty going down but the girls no longer posses the sexual hunger that made it such a great place to party. I hit a few of my favourite bars and they were totally ruined by lame American tourists. Once a place peaks it's only downhill from there.
I think it might be a 15 year cycle. I have contemplated moving there because it is still a great place to party and meet women but definitely not as good as in it's hey day.

Any thoughts on Cities entering a new revolution? I keep hearing great things about Warsaw as an up and coming major city that hasn't yet had it's day. WOuld be great to get some insights on this.
I have got my eyes closely on Kiev... Yes it also peaked in the 90's but there is something bubbling under the surface and I am all over that shit when it erupts.

Roosh's London Report

You know my thoughts on Kiev. I also loved Warsaw when I was there in 2010 but that was largely due to the fact I had some fun with a 22yo 8 (no bang though), and that was pre-game. Then again I disliked Poznan a lot, so it is not country specific.

When I was at Oktoberfest this year I thought the German girls were very attractive. Blonde, blue eyes, perky tits. Very friendly too and I know they have casual attitudes towards sex. Isn't Hamburg supposed to be sex-crazy and such? I'm going off random information though.

Roosh's London Report

I strongly disagree.

Depending on how you want to see it, it's just as good/ bad now as it was 10-15 years ago.

10 years ago i was a penny pinching student living in Shoreditch,going out everyday, getting lashed, chasing girls, having the time of my life.
Some the best times of my life? Abolutely. London was a riot. Is it worse now? Absolutely not.

That is the problem with talking about "glory days" you develop selective memory, rose tint situations conveniently forgetting the bad.
Each generation things theirs was the best and define themselves by it, whereas the next generation defins itself by rebelling against the previous.

I remember the time of the 00's of the strokes were around, people whining how they were wannabe new Order and how britpop was where the glory days.
In the 90,s as a teenaager I remember the argument that Oasis/Blur/The Verve were wannabe Rolling stones/Beatles and Gangsat rap had destroyed hip hop
In the 80's a s akid, irememeber the argument that all these new romantic new synth bands were not proper musicians and how the 70's were it.

Kids nowadays aren't interested in the how it was in the 00's, why should they? That stuff is old man to them, the stuff their uncles and older brothers listen to, yesterdays news. things move on. Kids nowadays are following their own path. Different sounds, different fashions different reference points

And fair enough. I am 10 years older, my interest have changed and grown. I certainly have no wish to hold on to the past because I truly believe my glory days are right here right now.

London is just as it's always been

The music is just as good , the creativity just as strong, the parties just as hard.
At the same time, rent is just as much a struggle, the weather is just as lousy, transportation is just as bad.

I personally think, the talent is just as good as it,s always been. maybe not as raw, but it,s still all there. Or put it another way, I have hit South America and Eastern Europe, and even so, on coming home i feel no drop in standards.

I would be interested to hear exactly whereabouts Roosh hung out. Central London is like defining New York by Time Square

I am no gentleman

Roosh's London Report

Quote: (12-21-2012 01:22 PM)latinlover Wrote:  

I strongly disagree.

Depending on how you want to see it, it's just as good/ bad now as it was 10-15 years ago.

10 years ago i was a penny pinching student living in Shoreditch,going out everyday, getting lashed, chasing girls, having the time of my life.
Some the best times of my life? Abolutely. London was a riot. Is it worse now? Absolutely not.

That is the problem with talking about "glory days" you develop selective memory, rose tint situations conveniently forgetting the bad.
Each generation things theirs was the best and define themselves by it, whereas the next generation defins itself by rebelling against the previous.

I remember the time of the 00's of the strokes were around, people whining how they were wannabe new Order and how britpop was where the glory days.
In the 90,s as a teenaager I remember the argument that Oasis/Blur/The Verve were wannabe Rolling stones/Beatles and Gangsat rap had destroyed hip hop
In the 80's a s akid, irememeber the argument that all these new romantic new synth bands were not proper musicians and how the 70's were it.

Kids nowadays aren't interested in the how it was in the 00's, why should they? That stuff is old man to them, the stuff their uncles and older brothers listen to, yesterdays news. things move on. Kids nowadays are following their own path. Different sounds, different fashions different reference points

And fair enough. I am 10 years older, my interest have changed and grown. I certainly have no wish to hold on to the past because I truly believe my glory days are right here right now.

London is just as it's always been

The music is just as good , the creativity just as strong, the parties just as hard.
At the same time, rent is just as much a struggle, the weather is just as lousy, transportation is just as bad.

I personally think, the talent is just as good as it,s always been. maybe not as raw, but it,s still all there. Or put it another way, I have hit South America and Eastern Europe, and even so, on coming home i feel no drop in standards.

I would be interested to hear exactly whereabouts Roosh hung out. Central London is like defining New York by Time Square

Good post.

This is one of the themes in Midnight in Paris.

Quote:Quote:

I agree with this however, I haven't really seen any "rebellion" lately.

The early 90's were a complete rebellion against the 80's.

Then things softened up in the late 90's.

I haven't seen any rebellion against that.

To me, it seems like the same "soft-fest" we have been having since the late 90's ie lame music, love of corporations, no new drugs, terrible style, boy bands, pop music, reality tv, anti-smoking, pro-rules, pro-police state etc.

Roosh's London Report

Good post latin lover but London has not had a Buzz since early to mid 2000. Yes there is still lot's of opportunity to have good times in London but it has changed dramatically. I don't believe Rooshs post is fair because you cant wonder into a city as epic as London for a week and make any kind of judgement. It takes time to discover your niche and what best suits you. If you are not counting the West end (which should be avoided at all costs by any discerning Londoner), there are 33 other boroughs to discover that cater for all kinds of clientele. There really is something for everyone.
It is only coincidence that I happen to agree this time that London is shit.
10 years ago I could go to any club in the west end and it would be filled with eastern euros and scantily clad scandis. Now it is a 90% Italian sausage fest. All the discrete bars and clubs in Islington have now been turned into generic money making venues for city boys and Old street now purely caters for guys out of town who come in their droves to the local titty bars and has-been nightclubs that made Shoreditch famous almost a decade ago.
Also daygame is fucked. You could approach a girl in Oxford Street and you can bet your bottom dollar she will have already been approached by 10 needy guys before you. It's a tragic state of affairs.

Roosh's London Report

What is the quality of the women in London like?

Roosh mentions that the quality is terrible in the vid. True?

Roosh's London Report

Any london player over the age of 25 should agree with you. London is not longer a goldmine in terms of pussy. I tell you what fucked up london: terrorism and this http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14646....ght=serial

If you want to go to England and fuck quality english women, you need to go to Leeds, Newcastle, Nottingham, Norwich and other cities around England. I always have a great time when i visit those cities. All these guys saying that american women are easy, go to these cities and then let me know if american women are easier than english women. And trust me, England has lots of pretty girls.

Roosh's London Report

Quote: (12-21-2012 02:33 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

What is the quality of the women in London like?

Roosh mentions that the quality is terrible in the vid. True?

It is one of the most important cities in the world.

Tourists and people from all over the world come to visit and live there.

You very well might see the hottest girl you have ever seen in your life in London.

Quality has huge variances.

Roosh's London Report

There are more quality girls in London than anywhere I have been. Finding them (social circle) and sleeping with them is a different story.

Roosh's London Report

I spent a few days in London, and my opinion was similar to Roosh - I thought the girls were hideous. The guys with me said the same thing. Slutty too, shorter hemlines than anywhere else I'd been. Also in London, lower class whites are much more thuggish and trashy than lower class whites in America, who are still by and large decent people. I probably didn't 'do London right' but when you hear everyone else saying the same thing... Also, I frequently see articles from the Daily Mail online, and the random, non-model/celebrity girls that show up are markedly uglier than white American girls. As I've said before, white English people look like fetal alcohol syndrome cases.

As a frame of reference, unlike Roosh, I thought Danish girls were attractive.

Roosh's London Report

Quote: (12-21-2012 02:46 PM)gadabout Wrote:  

There are more quality girls in London than anywhere I have been. Finding them (social circle) and sleeping with them is a different story.

Haha agree with this. That's why u got a huge pua community there. It's like hyped up but hard to obtain.

Roosh's London Report

Go north... Manchester and Liverpool. They tart themselves up like eastern europeans and are friendly to outsiders.

Roosh's London Report

Quote: (12-21-2012 02:25 PM)gadabout Wrote:  

Good post latin lover but London has not had a Buzz since early to mid 2000. Yes there is still lot's of opportunity to have good times in London but it has changed dramatically. I don't believe Rooshs post is fair because you cant wonder into a city as epic as London for a week and make any kind of judgement. It takes time to discover your niche and what best suits you. If you are not counting the West end (which should be avoided at all costs by any discerning Londoner), there are 33 other boroughs to discover that cater for all kinds of clientele. There really is something for everyone.
It is only coincidence that I happen to agree this time that London is shit.
10 years ago I could go to any club in the west end and it would be filled with eastern euros and scantily clad scandis. Now it is a 90% Italian sausage fest. All the discrete bars and clubs in Islington have now been turned into generic money making venues for city boys and Old street now purely caters for guys out of town who come in their droves to the local titty bars and has-been nightclubs that made Shoreditch famous almost a decade ago.
Also daygame is fucked. You could approach a girl in Oxford Street and you can bet your bottom dollar she will have already been approached by 10 needy guys before you. It's a tragic state of affairs.

I agree with most almost all of the above.

The nature of the beast has changed.
It is, for me anyway, about hook ups, social circles, local hot-spots and avoiding like the plague tourist spots.

I still however think it,s really good, you just have to, as you say, spend time and find your niche.

I am no gentleman

Roosh's London Report

London is no playground for guys looking to sleep with a lot of girls. You come here.. work hard... find the women of your dreams and settle down. That is my plan in a few years time.

Roosh's London Report

Five days in London is WAY too short to get an appreciation for it and the girls there. I lived there about 2 out of the last 4 years and my two cents would be that it is a gold mine but it takes much longer than perhaps any other city to break into social circles and get a good feel for the city and where the good spots are. It can cater to every man's tastes but it's also a city that requires serious cashflow to be in the game. Lastly, the city is easily a 10x better place in the summer than the winter.

Roosh's London Report

Been here 3 months, got about three more years. I'd have to agree it looks a bit dead in the winter; I'm sure there are places but I haven't found 'em. Been to a couple of fun house parties, but that's about it. Looking forward to the summer, though...

Roosh's London Report

I love London for just about every reason except hitting on women. British women are truly, and utterly disgusting.

When I lived there, my game was rather amateurish. I slayed a couple of Brits, but there were plenty of foreign beauties I considered "out of my league."

London is so fucking massive that each time I return I learn something new. You can live in Kensington and have a totally different experience from someone in Islington, and have a totally different experience from someone in Wimbledon.

Speaking of London, any Arsenal supporters here? I miss the days of Highbury...