rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girls who say "You're not my type"

A lot of girls say this nowadays. "He's not my type". Or "you're not my type." What does this mean? How do you become her "type"?

I think it means girls don't give a fuck about your personality, intelligence, wit, ambitions or character. They really just want you to fit an archetype.

Thoughts?

What She Says: "You're not my type."

What She Means: "Your game didn't make my panties moist."

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

This is odd. I've done countless cold approaches and I don't think a girl has ever said to me, "You are not my type." What they usually say is, "You are a really nice guy" which pretty much means the same thing though. If you are not a girls type it means that when you are in her presence, she doesn't get turned on. It means you have no chance with her and you need to seek out other women.

On the other hand after having sex with a new girl I occassionally get told, "You are not the type of guy I am usually attracted to. I don't know why I am attracted to you." This tells me that type is not important.

My conclusion from my experiences is that a woman's type is bullshit. If she is attracted to you then her "type" doesn't matter. If she is not attracted to you she will assume that she is not attracted to you because you are not her "type". In either case it doesn't matter.

Put your effort into becoming an attractive man, not becoming a woman's type.

I got this "You're not my type" once.

My response: "I am every girls type."

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2011/02/1...rejection/
Quote:Quote:

An Alpha Reply To A Woman’s Rejection
February 17, 2011 by heartiste
Submitted for your edification. walawala writes:

I was chatting with a girl on an online website.

At some point, she says “You’re just not my cup of tea…”

I pause….

Then I replied…

Quote: (12-18-2012 12:28 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

THIS. So easy to neg if you get this response. It might be a shit test for you.

1984 got the thread I had in mind. In general, tease any comment like that

Her: "You are not my type"

You: "Yes, this is what Mary told the Archangel Gabriel" (if you are in a Catholic country)

--

Her: "You are not my type"

You: "Don't worry, I am only looking for hooking up" (use variation depending on how playful she looks).

What she says doesn't mean anything. Girls are approached by tens of guys every night, so it's just an unconscious way to screen among them.

Quote: (12-18-2012 12:28 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I've used this twice, there's no negative effect from it in my view.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

You never know what type a woman will go for so you always go for it congruently aaaand powerfuly
[Image: wink.gif]

Answer: You don't try to become her type. You don't sell yourself. You don't play her game. You flip the script and question her whether she is good enough.

My problem when girls have this mindset is that I don't conform to the media-driven Hollywood aesthetic ideal. I'm not tall. I'm not white. I'm not muscular. As a result, I need to use my wit, charm, charisma and masculinity to "game" these girls.

But when girls say right from the outset "you're not my type", I feel these girls have dismissed before I can even open my mouth. In their minds, I don't exist as a sexual entity. I can't even get my foot in the door simply because I don't conform to a physical archetype.

I believe it's mostly hot North American girls that subscribe to this "he needs to be my type" mindset as they're generally shallow and very much influenced by media. European women are more independent-minded and tend to judge you as an invididual and not on the basis of how much you conform to an archetype.

"well of course I'm not your type, you're probably a good girl and that means I'd be terrible for you"

Guarantee you she asks why.

Quote: (12-18-2012 05:01 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

"well of course I'm not your type, you're probably a good girl and that means I'd be terrible for you"

Another good revision would be "and whoever said that you're my type?"

*laughter ensues, convo starts

I think men are more visual and would be more picky about the appearance of a certain chick to settle down with if they have good game. Good game however would bypass any sort of preferences any chick has with regards to physical appearance as majority of women in my life probably didn't have a 5-9 Asian guy as their #1 overall pick. The chicks in my past with the Asian fetish however were NUTS...

Quote: (12-18-2012 05:16 PM)yb13 Wrote:  

I think men are more visual and would be more picky about the appearance of a certain chick to settle down with if they have good game. Good game however would bypass any sort of preferences any chick has with regards to physical appearance as majority of women in my life probably didn't have a 5-9 Asian guy as their #1 overall pick. The chicks in my past with the Asian fetish however were NUTS...

As a 5'9 Asian, how did you meet most of the non-Asian women you banged in the past? Cold approach? Online dating? Social circle?

Quote: (12-18-2012 05:51 PM)Apollo2 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-18-2012 05:16 PM)yb13 Wrote:  

As a 5'9 Asian, how did you meet most of the non-Asian women you banged in the past? Cold approach? Online dating? Social circle?

1) Social circle via college, young professional scene
2) Easy older divorced chicks in Dallas area, ton of them
3) Social circle..as someone mentioned in past, fuck buddy friend zone
4) Traveling to places like Greek Isles, Brazil, Poland, etc
5) Work related travels in say ATL, Vegas, NYC, which im leaving my job btw
6) Cold approaching here/there
7) Striking out miserably ton of times..a ton
8) Having a hockey like mentality envisioning myself as a winger/centerman weaving my way through defensive zone...having good shifts, horrible shifts, getting points for my wingmen, also scoring some goals on aforementioned good shifts
9) Having a great older sister & lesbian aunt (who has some amazing notches) who taught me about game, confidence, fashion, how to present myself via hair, personality, etc
10) Sleeping with the questionable mid level chicks...to get to the more desirable chicks within social circles

Any other tips let me know via PM. The reason I'm here on this forum is to get more consistent results, learn more about traveling, etc [Image: smile.gif]. Still more of a beginner/intermediate IMO.

You can assume that "You're not my type" means she is not attracted to you.
You could also assume it means she's generally attracted to a guy that fits a different profile, but that this could be an exception. If you frame this as a defeat, it is a defeat.

I have heard it multiple times. I've been the first blonde guy some girls were viscerally attracted to. Normally they would be into the tall, dark and handsome type. I'm tall and but definitely not dark. When a girl says I'm not her type, depending on her tone and the vibe of our conversation, I could either take the hint or get excited to be the first of my type she lusts after.

Not hating, but this is toxic. Get rid of this mindset.

Quote: (12-18-2012 03:50 PM)Apollo2 Wrote:  

My problem when girls have this mindset is that I don't conform to the media-driven Hollywood aesthetic ideal. I'm not tall. I'm not white. I'm not muscular. As a result, I need to use my wit, charm, charisma and masculinity to "game" these girls.

Who does conform to that ideal? 1% of the guys. The ugly guitar player still gets laid, but then again he's not emphasizing what good qualities he lacks. He's too busy being awesome.

But when girls say right from the outset "you're not my type", I feel these girls have dismissed before I can even open my mouth. In their minds, I don't exist as a sexual entity. I can't even get my foot in the door simply because I don't conform to a physical archetype.

"It's not fair! I deserve a chance!" They owe you nothing and you don't owe them nothing. You earn chances and you grab opportunities by the balls. You don't apply for the position with her management. This mentality is not going to make you succeed. Some guys have it easier, some guys have it worse, some guys can't get their dick hard. Again, you alone are responsible for your success and happiness.

I believe it's mostly hot North American girls that subscribe to this "he needs to be my type" mindset as they're generally shallow and very much influenced by media. European women are more independent-minded and tend to judge you as an invididual and not on the basis of how much you conform to an archetype.

This is pretty funny. You're complaining you're not the archetype but the girls you are obviously after (hot, white, American girls) also are an archetype.

Hot American sorority girls want hot American fraternity boys. You should get your desired archetype, but they shouldn't?

I think the real problem you have is not facing reality. Your wanting for a 'fair' world where you deserve and get a certain high value girl. And it's the girls' fault for being too shallow to indulge your utterly shallow wishes.

The most attractive girls will be fucked by the most attractive guys. That consists of a combination of good looks, style and grooming and a winner attitude.

And your other fantasy, about European girls not having archetypes or ridiculous fantasies about the dream guy: that's bullshit.

Quote: (12-18-2012 03:50 PM)Apollo2 Wrote:  

Yeah I think every chick has a fantasy based or prototypical type for a male companion from a physical/emotional standpt in any continent. Not every guy or gal will get to settle with that first choice as "preferences" change as ppl get older & evolve. There's also a lot of partners who find that "perfect one" only to end up not happy, broken up, or divorced as I can attest from experience.

As far as "being written off," a great piece of advice Roosh gave about rejection in his site is something along the lines of girls "rejecting their first impression of you," which isn't a big deal and can be overcome. I've been given big bitch shields at first only to sleep with chicks later on weeks, mos, or years later depending on how close they were to my social circle. It's when a girl knows you for a really long time 2-3 years... rejects you around that time where it becomes an actual "rejection."

I'm 28 now but around age 22, I got frustrated about not finding the typical chick of my preference because I wasn't a "bad boy enough" or didn't feel as if I should play "silly games" to get what I want. At age 23, I started to really embrace "the game" or pursuing women for what it was. I made the pursuit of women a "fun game" where getting rejected was a part of the process and nailing them finally was "awesomeness." I used my imagination and made the pursuit of women a source of entertainment where I related gaming to another sport I love such as "hockey" as each bar outing became a fun competition where I got to practice "timely catch phrases/pauses," "provocative nonverbal cues," and "various hesitation moves." Being the guy who had to work hard for results honed my humor approaches which includes 1) dry variation, 2) ironic type, 3) politically incorrect phrases, 4) the humility to make fun of myself and 5) the uncanny ability to call out/make fun of females on the spot.

Before this past summer, the last girl I really honestly liked was back in 2007. Towards the end of the year, my mom had a really big health scare (everything is ok with her now). The perceived need of "having a girl accept me for who I was" therefore was senseless bullshit that didn't mean anything compared to what my family was going through that time. I think that moment in time made me less needy when it came to dating females as short-term gaming/hookups became prevalent as I got more practice through it.

And seriously, a female's perception of you on a short-term or long-term basis really does mean nothing bc there's more important shit to worry about in this world like family, friends, your health, and what you want to do with yourself career wise...and for me at least traveling the globe for cultural purposes & more international notches...lol. If you're so caught up in what petty females think about you, you're probably not productive enough in bettering yourself on a day to day basis.

Quote: (12-18-2012 06:20 PM)sixsix Wrote:  

You can assume that "You're not my type" means she is not attracted to you.
You could also assume it means she's generally attracted to a guy that fits a different profile, but that this could be an exception. If you frame this as a defeat, it is a defeat.

I have heard it multiple times. I've been the first blonde guy some girls were viscerally attracted to. Normally they would be into the tall, dark and handsome type. I'm tall and but definitely not dark. When a girl says I'm not her type, depending on her tone and the vibe of our conversation, I could either take the hint or get excited to be the first of my type she lusts after.

IME the "dark" part is referring to your vibe, not your skin or hair color.

I think WestCoast breaks it down really well in his Interview with a Wingwoman post:

Given that girls are coy in giving direct responses please force rank the following for a man’s qualities (Body, Money, Funny, Face, Intelligent, Bedroom Skills).

Before Sex:
1. Face - I’m not having sex, kissing you, or talking to you, unless you’re attractive.
2. Body - If you are fat, forget it.
3. Intelligence - Intelligence will keep our conversation entertaining and show me you’re not a dumb.
4. Funny - I don’t want a clown, or someone overly sarcastic. Just be fun, or fake being nice.
5. Bedroom skills - I should get a feeling if you are a good potential sexual partner from all the above…
6. Money - Your money has no limited on me. I’m sure anyone can buy a $5 margarita.

After Sex:
1. Bedroom Skills - It’s what will convince me to see you again so you better be good at it!
2. Face - Still important. Not having sex if you’re not attractive.
3. Body - …your chest better look good when we have sex…haha.
4. Money - If you take me out, I hope you pay. Now your money impacts me.
5. Intelligence - Less important now
6. Funny - Don’t care about it as much at this point. It’s just nice to laugh.

His disclaimer is that this analysis is tilted towards an FWB scenario, and although the girl may seem shallow at first glance I think these points really ring home and it's improved my outlook on game. You can improve your face and body on that list by maintaining a healthy bodyfat % ratio, and you can always work on your charm (humor, wit, knowledge, worldliness, etc).

Thoughts?

"Avoid success at all costs."

Quote: (12-18-2012 06:01 PM)yb13 Wrote:  

10) Sleeping with the questionable mid level chicks...to get to the more desirable chicks within social circles

How do you do this? After you sleep with a mid-level chick how to you get her to let you meet her more desirable friends?

Quote: (12-19-2012 11:05 AM)NoBalls Wrote:  

How do you do this? After you sleep with a mid-level chick how to you get her to let you meet her more desirable friends?

you go out with them when they hang out. You don't just say "hey can you introduce me to your friends so I can hit on them?"

This can cut both ways though. I've had girls who wouldn't get with me b/c I got with someone they thought less of which in turn lowered my value. I've also had girls get with me bc they got competitive and had a "I'm better than that bitch, he should be with me" mindset

Quote: (12-19-2012 12:04 PM)snoop Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2012 11:05 AM)NoBalls Wrote:  

you go out with them when they hang out. You don't just say "hey can you introduce me to your friends so I can hit on them?"

This can cut both ways though. I've had girls who wouldn't get with me b/c I got with someone they thought less of which in turn lowered my value. I've also had girls get with me bc they got competitive and had a "I'm better than that bitch, he should be with me" mindset

Exactly..oh yeah another way is sleeping with a chick who used to lightly date one of your other guy friends. Ashamed to say that, but I took it any way I could back then...

For those also stuck in the friend zone, you can take gradual steps towards sleezing your way into the sex zone with fake sincerity, a sense of humor, and confidence in yourself.

As Chris Rock once said, "guys don't have pleutonic friends..only girls they haven't fucked yet."

Another guy in the nightlife scene in my city also mentioned, "It's not who you've slept with here..it's when you're eventually going to sleep with them."

So I hope those quotes go a long ways for escaping the friend zone and in this case specifically, girls who write you off as not being "my type" at first impression bc swallowing your pride, taking hits, developing thick skin, and game will get you past that.