rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Good response for when a guy congratulates you on...

Having a gorgeous girl with you?

I've had this happen a few times in my life and I'm curious as to some good responses.

Was out tonight with a 23yo Angelina Jolie look a like chick. I mean this girl is on fire. We're at a bar and some generic club kid walks by and says "Congrats bro she's amazing!" Stupid grin on his face probably a virgin. Anyways I smirked and nodded at him. She laughed because she's used to it but what is a good response verbally that could be a neg or raise my status as though I don't care as much as 99.9% of the dudes in the club about her looks?

My first response would probably be "she's lucky to be with me," or something along those lines

"She's alright" or "You should see her on her period".

Usually, when I'm out, I'm social with everyone; the girl I am with knows this. Whenever this particular situation arises I drolly thank the fellow, turn back to my girl, and then roll my eyes.

From there I'll say something along the lines of "Some people do not know how to handle themselves in public" (and then I turn up the passion) "I HATE when people act like they know you b/c you're hot, it discounts you as a person" or or "I can't stand when people act like they know shit about you just because they notice you're pretty." It creates this frame that first backhandedly acknowledges her attractiveness, but more importantly it (sub) communicates, the reason I'm with you right now is not your body, but something else. POWERFUL

As a side note, sometimes I'll draw a parallel between her looks and my "wealth." It serves to get her to acknowledge my "wealth," but also communicates that she's not in it for my money. SNEAKY

-PJ

Don't acknowledge the guy, turn and look at her thoughtfully, "You can cook?"

Quote: (12-16-2012 11:29 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Don't acknowledge the guy, turn and look at her thoughtfully, "You can cook?"

Agreed. I might give him one of those weak grin, half-acknowledgements that are almost worse than being ignored.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

When dealing with passive-aggressive remarks, you need to step up the asshole game in a friendly way. Just say back to him, "Yeah she's a lucky girl," with a smile, and then immediately ignore him.

This indirectly reframes the conversation in three ways:

1. It acknowledges the guy's compliment toward you, but instead mistakenly interprets it as a comment for the girl. That way you don't need to look weak or antisocial by ignoring him, nor do you need to be pathetic and give him undue attention.

2. It implies that you agree with the dude about her being good looking. So, not only do you make the guy look weak, but you also flatter your girl.

3. It places you as the judge, qualifier, and selector of the girl, and not her. Always be the lead in the dance of love.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Turn to her and ask "Did he just call you bro?"

Quote: (12-17-2012 12:29 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

When dealing with passive-aggressive remarks, you need to step up the asshole game in a friendly way. Just say back to him, "Yeah she's a lucky girl," with a smile, and then immediately ignore him.

This indirectly reframes the conversation in three ways:

1. It acknowledges the guy's compliment toward you, but instead mistakenly interprets it as a comment for the girl. That way you don't need to look weak or antisocial by ignoring him, nor do you need to be pathetic and give him undue attention.

2. It implies that you agree with the dude about her being good looking. So, not only do you make the guy look weak, but you also flatter your girl.

3. It places you as the judge, qualifier, and selector of the girl, and not her. Always be the lead in the dance of love.

Golden. Thanks.

Quote: (12-17-2012 12:44 AM)EisenBarde Wrote:  

Turn to her and ask "Did he just call you bro?"

I like it but it's too smart. No girl would get it and the guy is too much of a wimp to put it in perspective.

It's important to shut these guys down immediately, or you'll have a beta orbiter that will never go away. I made this mistake way back when. Your response depends on:

1. Frame strength.

The better it is, the more you can get away with. Factors include:

1. Can you beat the guy down?

2. How is your relation with the girl?

3. Do you have the venue on lockdown?

Some of my hard responses have been, " I know, and one day when you grow up and become a big boy, you might have one too."

-----or-----

" I know, now go the fuck away".

Obviously, if a guy like fisto made that comment, my response would be different, but here's the thing; guys like fisto don't walk up and make a retarded comment like that. It always comes from a Jersey Shore like douchebag.

You don't need to acknowledge people like that. WTF kind of mentality does this guy have?

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Dude was out of shape could have easily kicked his ass, have that bar on lock but have only hung out with the chick twice. The smirk worked at the time and he disappeared but these responses you guys provided are good. Next time haha.

If he's some punk stranger who you'll never see again I'd just flatly say "thanks" and roll on. Your smirk and nod is practically the same thing.

If he had known her then you may want to be more sly with the response.