rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Men In Tights: 'Meggings' Are Taking Manhattan By Storm

I predicted this a while back, once I saw American "tough guys" wearing shirts with glitter on them (Ed hardy, Affliction) and "men" wearing skinny jeans.

In the future men will be wearing dresses.

Do you duty as a real Man and buy a Custom Suit today. Spark up a smoke. Pour yourself a cocktail. Throw on your gloves, walk down to the gym and hit the heavy bag. Please, help save the world.

(I omited the picture on purpose).

Quote:Quote:

Men’s tights, for so long the preserve of ballet dancers and runway models, are taking Manhattan by storm and could soon be seen on the street of Britain.

When trendsetters speculated what would be the defining men’s fashion movement to sweep New York this winter, few opted for the male legging.
But “Megging”, as the male legging is known, is now all the rage in sartorial circles. Celebrities such as Justin Bieber, Russell Brand and Lenny Kravitz have all been spotted wearing leggings, while fashion stores Uniqlo, Barneys and Nordstrom are selling tights for men.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/men-in-ti...z2F3XINDjW

Quote: (12-14-2012 02:28 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

It's funny because it's true. [Image: biggrin.gif]

This guy is ready.

[Image: attachment.jpg9102]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

That's what pro-gay culture does to weak men. Im not surprised this is happening. 95% of the guys over there are gay or metro sexual anyway.

I officiallly have no reason to go home again.

I saw this shit in Atlanta, but I'll deal with it given the women there.

100% agreed.

However, let's not confuse being metrosexual (i.e. grooming body hair, being fashionable, and giving high priority to hygiene) with guys who go over the top, wearing "meggings" and saying omg, fab, and such.

Quote: (12-14-2012 02:41 PM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

That's what pro-gay culture does to weak men. Im not surprised this is happening. 95% of the guys over there are gay or metro sexual anyway.

Quote: (12-14-2012 02:52 PM)jariel Wrote:  

I officiallly have no reason to go home again.

I saw this shit in Atlanta, but I'll deal with it given the women there.

This gives me hope. I hear the male population is on the out's in ATL. Can't wait to see for myself. Haven't seen meggings yet, but some NASTY motherfuckers prancing around the Mall of Georgia wearing mini-skirts.

Rockers have been wearing spandex since the 1980s
[Image: david-lee-roth.jpg]
Wrestlers too:[Image: flo-wrestler.jpg]
Not masculine?

More pussy to them than anyone here. A lot of this is about how you rock what you wear, not just the item itself.

This didn't take off in my country (seems we still possess the basic resistance to bullshit):

[Image: reklama_368706S1.jpg]

("Majlonke" = pun on Croatian word "Najlonke" (hosiery) and "Muškarac" (male))

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

@Soup- You forgot one:

[Image: attachment.jpg9106]   

Quote: (12-14-2012 02:31 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (12-14-2012 02:28 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

It's funny because it's true. [Image: biggrin.gif]

This guy is ready.

Great calculator watch

Quote: (12-14-2012 04:28 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

@Soup- You for one:

Can a forum dedicated to getting pussy knock Rick James?

I got a friend that used to play in an hard rock 80s cover band and totally rocked with them...
Anyhow apart from stage needs and some special/niche looks, I'm not at all excited about seeing this new look on the streets.
Actually right now I think I should work in the fashion industry, because in my mind I had the idea of producing some kind of thing (mostly for gay men, not something I will dress) about 3 years ago. lol

Her pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola...

This an example of guys imitating rockstar fashion to generate attraction. Peacocking at it's purest. It actually would take a guy with huge balls, no pun intended, to pull off wearing leggings.

Quote: (12-14-2012 04:30 PM)soup Wrote:  

@Soup- You for one:

Fuck yo couch soup! But no, Rick James is the godfather of pussy.

Here's how men should dress:

[Image: attachment.jpg9107]   

Here's another Roosh siting:

[Image: attachment.jpg9108]   

@Soup- You for one:

Of course we can't. Plus Rick James was mad ill.

And he did tons and tons of drugs. So I am with him on that.

Rock stars can wear anything they want. They get a pass. (Although I may still revoke it if we happen to be in the same bar at the same time.)

The guy making lattes at starbucks for a living does not.

Hell, I think Perry Ferrel did wear a dress sometimes.

It's one thing to wear tights to work out in - runners have been wearing those for years. NBA players started wearing them just a few years ago, following the use of compression shorts and longer boxer briefs for underwear. They have a functional purpose. But once that shit crosses over to out-and-out fashion, it's a problem. And I'm not counting rockstars, because performers don't follow fashion norms - they're all about theatricality. My understanding is that Kanye West was wearing a leather kilt at the Hurricane Sandy Benefit Concert, and I believe he and other actors and musicians have worn them before.

I was just listening to Tariq Nasheed's latest, which was about bossing-up in your relationships. He touched on dressing, and he said the same thing - that soon, motherfuckers will be putting on dresses. He referenced an episode of "106th and Park" on MTV, where he said a dude actually had one on, and that it wasn't an oversized T-shirt. Heaven help us.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (12-14-2012 05:08 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

It's one thing to wear tights to work out in - runners have been wearing those for years. NBA players started wearing them just a few years ago, following the use of compression shorts and longer boxer briefs for underwear. They have a functional purpose. But once that shit crosses over to out-and-out fashion, it's a problem. And I'm not counting rockstars, because performers don't follow fashion norms - they're all about theatricality. My understanding is that Kanye West was wearing a leather kilt at the Hurricane Sandy Benefit Concert, and I believe he and other actors and musicians have worn them before.

I was just listening to Tariq Nasheed's latest, which was about bossing-up in your relationships. He touched on dressing, and he said the same thing - that soon, motherfuckers will be putting on dresses. He referenced an episode of "106th and Park" on MTV, where he said a dude actually had one on, and that it wasn't an oversized T-shirt. Heaven help us.

Tariq was undoubtedly referring to one of these two cats below. With the huge influence that hip hop has nowadays, it is not hard to envision this trend becoming more and more prevalent. I mean hell Cam'ron and Dipset had goons wearing pink when I was in middle school and high school, despite that notion unfathomable just a few short years before. New York will be the bastion of the tomfoolery.

[Image: attachment.jpg9109]   [Image: attachment.jpg9110]   

I wonder what's next... jeans with incorporated dildos? I bet it would sell better on the male population than on the female...

I do admit that I have a pair of leggins or long johns or thermal pants or whatever you want to call it, BUT I only use it when it's really cold and of course I use trousers over them.

Good pick-up iWin. I'm not all that concerned about the kilts - they're a Scottish cultural thing, and I doubt men in general will start sporting them. However, that other thing is most definitely a dress, something I see women wear in the summer. It's one thing to see something like that on the runway at a fashion show - most of what's in those shows will never actually be seen on the street. The fact that he's wearing Timberlands with it doesn't harden it up either...HA HA!

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

[Image: meggings.jpg?w=540]

[Image: me-G.jpg]

[Image: meggings3.jpg]

Quote: (12-14-2012 05:34 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

[Image: meggings.jpg?w=540]

[Image: me-G.jpg]

I am slightly depressed that I started this thread.

But, but, but those guys are peacocking and getting pussy!

More flamboyant gay guys and rockers wearing something doesn't make it a trend.

Quote: (12-14-2012 05:34 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

I thought this thread was about men wearing leggins.

Quote: (12-14-2012 05:00 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

@Soup- You for one:

Of course we can't. Plus Rick James was mad ill.

And he did tons and tons of drugs. So I am with him on that.

Rock stars can wear anything they want. They get a pass. (Although I may still revoke it if we happen to be in the same bar at the same time.)

The guy making lattes at starbucks for a living does not.

Hell, I think Perry Ferrel did wear a dress sometimes.

This is interesting. So, I think I understand this thread more as an attack on poseurs (or in incongruency in PUA terms). The guy at starbucks who wears meggings doesn't have the right because it is indecorous. That said, when that guy goes out to a hipster club in Brooklyn to swoop on some model pussy, he'd better be peacocking like a rockstar.

It's like the preselection thing; demonstratively surrounding yourself with the trappings of a high-value man can generate massive interest and possibly attraction in a club environment where there is so much competition. I know because I've gone out wearing some flashy shit that would look fucking retarded during the day. But, at night, I had girls opening me up because of it, or how I was rocking it.