rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

J'adore Montréal: The Data Sheet

There has been a decent amount written on Montreal on the forum.

As many of you know, I spent 4 months there this summer so I wanted to give back to the crew.

I will be expanding this thread out more as I continue to post, I figure that I will have 50-60 pages of information total.

I have a very expansive restaurant Data Sheet coming, and thoughts on tons of different subjects.

Feel free to ask any questions you many have about Montreal as I think I have a pretty good feel for the place.

This previous data sheet is pretty robust I Love Montreal: Data Sheet but to be completely frank, it steered me in the wrong direction on many occasions. This is not the fault of the original poster, as he later amended it on a subsequent trip and also said that many of the places that were good, lost their luster. It still gives a good general overview of Montreal, although I would be careful to use the nightlife recommendations to a "T". My sheets below are more current as that one was written about 1 year ago.

Here is what I have so far:

16 Things I Learned In Montreal After Living There

Montreal: The High-End and Low-End Theory

Montreal: Georges St-Pierre VS Michael Porfirio Mason

Montreal: Strip Clubs Data Sheet

Montreal: Bars and Nightclubs Data Sheet Updated

Der Lauf Der Dinge by Peter Fischli and David Weiss

Previous writings on Montreal from my first trip:

Montreal Street Game Moves

Montreal: A Case of Mistaken Identity Part I

Montreal, Canada: Nightclub and Restaurant Data Sheets

All questions are welcome.

Great stuff GMan, I've been told by some friends that St. Pierre goes out quite often but doesn't drink whatsoever? Can you confirm, he seems like a true playboy as my friends have told me every time they've ran into him he's posted at the bar with girls opening him non-stop.

Quote: (12-13-2012 02:23 PM)PROD3GY Wrote:  

Great stuff GMan, I've been told by some friends that St. Pierre goes out quite often but doesn't drink whatsoever? Can you confirm, he seems like a true playboy as my friends have told me every time they've ran into him he's posted at the bar with girls opening him non-stop.

I didn't take a sip of his drink obviously, but it seemed like he was drinking for sure.

When I saw him at dinner, I seem to recall he was drinking wine.

Quote:Quote:

my friends have told me every time they've ran into him he's posted at the bar with girls opening him non-stop.

Everyone left him alone at the restaurant.

At the club, he was with a few guys. He wasn't getting "opened non-stop". But I don't doubt that happens sometimes.

But I did see him leave with two girls.

G, you are back. Where have you been or have I missed something?
Nice to see you posting again.

G, I tried to reply to your PM, but you're unable to receive any new PMs because your inbox is full. If you want to hear what I got to say, delete some of your old PMs and clear up some space. Otherwise I will copy and paste it on this thread.

Quote: (12-13-2012 03:07 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Thanks.

Just enjoying life, you?

Quote: (12-13-2012 03:42 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

G, I tried to reply to your PM, but you're unable to receive any new PMs because your inbox is full. If you want to hear what I got to say, delete some of your old PMs and clear up some space. Otherwise I will copy and paste it on this thread.

Shoot me an email: thegmanifesto at yahoo dot com

---

I PM'd a few people that sent me messages when I was gone.

Feel free to email me until I clean that out.

Shit G, that's too much hassle for me, why not delete some PMs, should only take two seconds.

You have to delete AND empty your trash, or your inbox will still be full.

Quote: (12-13-2012 03:45 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

C'mon, G! You're deviating from your old-school ways.

This is more like it:

[email protected]

Or, at worst:

[email protected]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

G-man checking his email:

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (12-13-2012 11:59 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (12-13-2012 03:45 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

C'mon, G! You're deviating from your old-school ways.

This is more like it:

[email protected]

Or, at worst:

[email protected]

Ha.

Good one.

I was a late adopter to email. I missed the whole aol boat.

You would be shocked if you knew when I bought my first computer.

Quote: (12-13-2012 07:10 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

You have to delete AND empty your trash, or your inbox will still be full.

Thanks Roosh. I didn't know that.

Quote: (12-13-2012 03:46 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Shit G, that's too much hassle for me, why not delete some PMs, should only take two seconds.

Sorry to put you out like that. Email is a major hassle.

PM's all all clear.

The People's Champ is Back!!!![Image: banana.gif]

4 months in Montreal over the summer while attending the Del Mar Race in California in July,
swooping fly models in Barcelona AND locking down the entire French and Spanish nudist beaches
over July and August! Wow, I'm speechless! How the heck does he do it?

Only one thing to say:

Hail the People's Champ!!![Image: banana.gif]

G,

How was the Grand Prix? Did it bring any value or is it best to avoid Montreal during that time? Same for Montreal Film Festival (if you were there for it)?

Quote: (12-13-2012 03:07 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

"The Vanishing Act

Law 16: Use Absence to Increase Respect and Honor

Too much circulation makes the price go down: The more you are seen and heard from, the more common you appear. If you are already established in a group, temporary withdrawal from it will make you more talked about, even more admired. You must learn when to leave. Create value through scarcity. – Robert Greene, The 48 Laws of Power

Every now and then, I pull a little “Vanishing Act”, so to speak.

I actually had to pull a Vanishing Act this summer, as I was out raging almost every night and swooping fly girls in Montreal."

thegmanifesto .com/page/2

Quote: (12-14-2012 01:46 AM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

G,

How was the Grand Prix? Did it bring any value or is it best to avoid Montreal during that time? Same for Montreal Film Festival (if you were there for it)?

Cool. A question.

And a good one at that.

Grand Prix:

I didn't go to the actual event. There are mad parties during it though. It happened during my second weekend there, so I didn't really know what was up.

It makes Montreal way more crowded, obviously, which is not really a good thing. However, there are tons on girls and the clubs go off. There are also tons of guys.

I went to Time Supperclub on the Thursday night, if I remember correctly and it was going off. Met a fly girl there. Rolled with the same girl on Sat night, and went to a dope party at the W.

Would I go just for Grand Prix? No. But then again, I don't like overhyped big gigs.

Was it fun? Yes.

Montreal Film Festival:

I didn't do sh*t for Montreal Film Festival. I don't remember it having much effect either.

Jazz fest had a huge effect. St. Jean Baptiste Day and Canada Day had parties too.

Fashion Week had sh*t going on.

I like Montreal on a typical Tues, Wed, Thursday night in summer most.

chochemonger1 Wrote: G, you are back. Where have you been or have I missed something?

Thanks.

Just enjoying life, you?

Leaving Brazil in a few days. Heading back to a country that I detest, but lets the cash flow to make traveling happen. Going to check if I can make the Siberian trip for the ages, at the local Russian embassy. And then going to the DR next month, to see if I can do half as well as Fisto [Image: banana.gif]
G, you should consider the Siberian trip Vorkuta has suggested.

Montreal Grand Prix is so sick! I'll probably go again this year for the whole week and two weekends.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Solid sheets G.

Any intel on the latin (salsa etc) scene?

Quote: (12-14-2012 04:22 PM)bigxxx Wrote:  

Solid sheets G.

Any intel on the latin (salsa etc) scene?

Zero Data on that.

I heard about one place from the forum, but never checked it out. I heard it was kind of wack from people.

I think it was this place, Snack 'n Blues, on St. Laurent, had Flamenco dancing one night a girl took me there.

She was fly and I think she wanted to show off her dancing skills to me.

That's all I can really help on the Latin front.

Quote: (12-14-2012 02:04 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

Montreal Grand Prix is so sick! I'll probably go again this year for the whole week and two weekends.

Did you go this year? What did you do?

Can you break it down a little bit?

Yeah. Venues are always subject to change. My original data sheet was from over a year ago, and some of the spots I mentioned were airballs on later visits. Just the nature of the beast. I know Roosh has said similar things about venues on his second return to Poland. Don't know if it's just me but it seems the nightclub industry is very fickle these days. Back in the day specific venues in major cities would retain staying power for years, if not decades. Not the case anymore unfortunately. I know Quest dropped a sheet to add onto mine after his later visit to MTL which also mentioned some of the changes.

One spot I loved on my second visit with Eros International was Santos. It was a gold mine when we were there. Had the bartenders on lock, lots of cute girls having dinner in groups. Then on later visits it was a total miss.

Eros made a more recent visit without me and also highlighted New City Gas, a spot Quest mentioned on his sheet as well. Haven't been but I hear it's legit. Eros also had a ball at Wood 35. Epic story about a judo takedown he pulled on a Quebecois who interrupted his convo with a hot chick (who was actually the dude's girlfriend haha).

Regardless, the one thing that hasn't changed in Montreal is the areas where you will find girls. St. Laurent, Old Port, Mont-Royal (Plateau), Downtown (select venues), and Crescent will always be on point. Those are where the venues are so that's where you want to be. In fact, venues don't really matter in some respects because you will find talent on the street. I find myself more inclined to run day/street game these days so it's whatever.

Also, some venues that might not be appealing in and of themselves will still have nice girls inside. So if all you care about is the end result then it still is what it is.

I'll be in MTL A LOT in 2013 (only a 1 1/2 hr flight from where I live) so if anyone's going, drop me a PM and I'll try to link up.

I agree about venues changing rapidly.

My favorite DC bar (Marvin) changed horribly in the 20 months since I was gone. I felt like I was in Arlington when in the past it was more of a psuedo-hipster joint.

For American clubs their business model seems to make all their money in the first 2 years, so the clientele can change almost monthly as they work through all the city's promoters.

Yup. Not only that, but data sheets in general have value for a limited time. If you're not going to a place within a few weeks of someone saying it's a gold mine, it will likely be different by the time you get there. People should only pay attention to data sheets about places they intend to visit in the short-term.

Quote: (12-15-2012 02:06 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

One spot I loved on my second visit with Eros International was Santos. It was a gold mine when we were there. Had the bartenders on lock, lots of cute girls having dinner in groups. Then on later visits it was a total miss.

It is kind of funny. I tried Santos a number of times on the strength of your recommendation, because I know you know what is up.

I started calling the place "Bricktos". I thought I was doing something wrong. Every time I went there it sucked.

Eros made a more recent visit without me and also highlighted New City Gas, a spot Quest mentioned on his sheet as well. Haven't been but I hear it's legit. Eros also had a ball at Wood 35. Epic story about a judo takedown he pulled on a Quebecois who interrupted his convo with a hot chick (who was actually the dude's girlfriend haha).

New City Gas is dope as hell on Thurs night. You need to go early though.

I called Wood 35, "Brick 35". The place is hard for a solo player because the set up is the worst in the world.

Like I wrote in my Data Sheet, one of these days I need to jump back into the Nightclub Game as a owner or investor. I need to show these fools what time it is.

Regardless, the one thing that hasn't changed in Montreal is the areas where you will find girls. St. Laurent, Old Port, Mont-Royal (Plateau), Downtown (select venues), and Crescent will always be on point. Those are where the venues are so that's where you want to be. In fact, venues don't really matter in some respects because you will find talent on the street. I find myself more inclined to run day/street game these days so it's whatever.

This is true, however a good venue VS a ok venue makes a world of difference in my book.

There are places that I pulled multiple girls from. And others where I took multiple losses. I was the same guy in both. Custom Suits, Beautiful Smile, Big Bankroll. Way different results.

Also, some venues that might not be appealing in and of themselves will still have nice girls inside. So if all you care about is the end result then it still is what it is.

Yeah, I think my Data Sheet really breaks that part down.

Wood 35 is a great example. Good girls but terrible set up.

Koko: Great girls, great setup (when terrace is open).

My results at these two joints is night and day.

Koko is a spot I think I forgot to mention because I went off the dome when coming up with the list of venues I dropped. Great spot. White decor with a high end vibe. It's also in a critical area on St. Laurent across from Wood 35 and that gas station on Sherbrooke so there's major "traffic" of talent along that artery of St. Laurent. If you're in STL and haven't landed something by last call, this area is where you should post up for a last minute approach frenzy. There will be talent pouring out from both Wood and Koko.

Quote: (12-15-2012 09:12 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Koko is a spot I think I forgot to mention because I went off the dome when coming up with the list of venues I dropped. Great spot. White decor with a high end vibe. It's also in a critical area on St. Laurent across from Wood 35 and that gas station on Sherbrooke so there's major "traffic" of talent along that artery of St. Laurent. If you're in STL and haven't landed something by last call, this area is where you should post up for a last minute approach frenzy. There will be talent pouring out from both Wood and Koko.

Ha.

I tried that late night "duck shoot" a number of times.

I don't think it ever converted for me, but it is definitely the move.