rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is the one song you want to be played at your funeral?

[Image: attachment.jpg9003]   

Do you want your funeral to be sad? I don't. I want people to have a good time when I die. I can't have have some shitty gospel music playing. Fuck that! I don't even want my showing held in a church/funeral home, too stuffy and uptight. I'm thinking my money should be spent by showing me in a nice ass suit in a ballroom with an open bar, full catering, and dancers. Sure this is somewhat grandiose, but it's my fucking funeral.

Here's song number one.

I would vote Kool Keith's Sex Style as my song of choice.

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.

I've had this picked out for 35 years.

The album Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd will be played in it's entirety at my funeral. Followed by the song The Night that Patty Murphy Died as performed by the group Great Big Sea (that selection is a little more recent).

MAN MADE GOD by In Flames.

I want some heavy down south hip hop at my funeral. Like Bun B, Big Krit, Killer Mike.

Then transition into some club stuff..not straight radio bullshit..but the classics ( of that era)

Platters of weed and shots

Fuck these sad ass funerals.
I want mine to be hyped up. A Party.
I don't care that the people showing up will be as old as dirt also.
I want them to live it up like we use to...Cause theyre gonna die soon too

I am the cock carousel

Why limit it to one song?

I'll order a whole mixtape to be played of whatever the cool kids are listening to at the time, while people drinking cocktails around my coffin. Will have to make the ratio 4:1 girls to guys - so upon my ascent (hopefully) I'll have a sweet birds-eye view of some cleavage.

If you're not growing, you're dying.

First this:

Followed by the Tetris theme as the casket is lowered into the ground.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

My best friend died at 28. A month before we were hanging out at his apartment having beers watching the movie Lonesome Dove. The two main characters had been best friends for something like 40 years.

Anyway I don't want to ruin the movie (so great) but we start talking about our own funerals and we both agreed that we wanted our friends to speak at them. But before they could speak they had to take a shot of whiskey.

When he died about 100 people were all out in the hot ass humid sun in Bogalusa Louisiana. I had told his mother his wishes and she didn't believe me. Before he went into the ground I stood up with a bottle and told everyone there what he wanted.

My friend was a larger than life character. At 28 he had done more than most people in several lifetimes. I took a shot and told a funny story about him. Everyone started laughing. An old lady came and grabbed the bottle "I knew Preston when he was a little boy!" took a swig and then told a story, everyone was in stitches.

Everyone came and took a drink, told a story and we stood out there in that heat sweating until the whole bottle was gone because, in that moment, while we were talking about him, he was still alive.

Afterwards his mother came up and hugged me and said "thankyou Josh"

It was one of the best moments of my life.

I want my casket to be wheeled in to B.M.F by Rick Ross.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

Sleep like a child - Joss Stone.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

im irish so when i die my family will have an irish wake.

my first exposure to an irish wake was when my grandma died when i was 10. it was weird as no one really cried, everyone was shitfaced and everyone spent the wake telling funny stories which made everyone else laugh. it was probably one of the more drunken parties ive ever been too(and ive been too alot).

anyway many artists and songs could fit the bill for my funeral but one i know ive always enjoyed drinking whiskey to is neil young.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Oh I forgot, there will be a playlist but this will be one.

this movie scene always comes to mind when i think of funerals

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Quote: (12-12-2012 12:09 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Everyone came and took a drink, told a story and we stood out there in that heat sweating until the whole bottle was gone because, in that moment, while we were talking about him, he was still alive.

Powerful stuff right there.

I've actually had this talk before with my family. They have specific instructions to play "Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien" by Edith Piaf as people are lined up to take take turns tossing dirt on my casket. It's a beautiful song, about reflecting on your life and starting over. Who knows, maybe death does off a man a clean slate. We won't know til we go. But I think this song is fitting for a life well lived that has come to an end.
Very moving.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

How have we missed this one.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

This one:

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Saw Doctors, "I'll Be On My Way"

Boom, I win. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Edit: I'd also want this, not sure if it is totally appropriate but this is my funeral. This song always seems to move me a bit.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Apologize - One Republic
Not because I suicided, just for shits and giggles

At my brothers funeral we played "Fly to the Angels" by Slaughter, because he loved the band and the song.

At mine it will be Wind Cries Mary, because its a masterpiece.