rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

crushes

crushes

the worst thing that can happen to a newbie player (in my opinion), is to get a crush. This can depend on life experiences, but for me this thing gave me a false start on the game, kept me from learning the game, and the worst part is that I never really got a notch from that girl to. Fortunetly I got over her and kind of changed my perspective.
So, what's your take on this guys when it happens to you (suppose it does)?

crushes

Don't let it happen. For some, this may be hard to do if you've never gotten severely fucked over by a girl (cheated on in LTR type of thing) which allows you to create this emotional shield to prevent it from happening again. If you're one of those guys that hasn't been fucked over and has trouble preventing falling for a chick, it may just be a matter of time...unless you can discipline yourself and your psyche. Oneitis is also usually caused by not gaming enough and having a dry pipeline.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

crushes

Quote: (12-03-2012 02:59 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

Oneitis is also usually caused by not gaming enough and having a dry pipeline.

This. The more girls you hit on, the less you will give a shit about each individual one.

crushes

If you're treating girls like you're treating this forum...Then I sense a very dry future for you young Skywalker.

crushes

Don't let it happen. For some, this may be hard to do if you've never gotten severely fucked over by a girl (cheated on in LTR type of thing) which allows you to create this emotional shield to prevent it from happening again. If you're one of those guys that hasn't been fucked over and has trouble preventing falling for a chick, it may just be a matter of time...unless you can discipline yourself and your psyche. Oneitis is also usually caused by not gaming enough and having a dry pipeline.

Agreed. This is how I found game and is the main reason why I never get "crushes" anymore....girls are just notches waiting to be collected.

crushes

Girls are commodities. A 7 is a 7. An 8 is an 8. The important thing to remember, is that an 8 isnt a 7. It's like money. Is one 100 dollar bill just as valuable as another 100 dollar bill? Absolutely.

Change the target of your "Crush" from a particular girl to "an 8". Will any 8 do? Absolutely.

crushes

Quote: (12-06-2012 05:27 AM)poutsara Wrote:  

Girls are commodities. A 7 is a 7. An 8 is an 8. The important thing to remember, is that an 8 isnt a 7. It's like money. Is one 100 dollar bill just as valuable as another 100 dollar bill? Absolutely.

Change the target of your "Crush" from a particular girl to "an 8". Will any 8 do? Absolutely.

Interesting theory.

crushes

Quote: (12-06-2012 02:42 PM)PJ25 Wrote:  

Interesting theory.

Thank you. I call it the commodity theory of women. At least, I do now.

crushes

what does your crush look like? does she have blonde hair? brown hair? blue eyes, green eyes? A way I got over this problem and could keep moving on is really liking a type of girl, like a girl with brown hair and blue eyes and approach everyone I see that I like. That way you can get rid of the scarcity mentality.

crushes

I agree with you in a sense. Here is the thing. For just sex, yes it's true, but if you want to spend more time with a girl, personality attributes are important. Innocence, if she spends her time taking care of you, cooking, and cleaning, etc. Those things are more important when you look at longer term. But don't get me wrong she has to be hot, things like that can only bump her up 1 or 2.

crushes

Quote: (12-09-2012 05:41 AM)20Nation Wrote:  

I agree with you in a sense. Here is the thing. For just sex, yes it's true, but if you want to spend more time with a girl, personality attributes are important. Innocence, if she spends her time taking care of you, cooking, and cleaning, etc. Those things are more important when you look at longer term. But don't get me wrong she has to be hot, things like that can only bump her up 1 or 2.

Good points. Alright, I will incorporate personality attributes/cooking skills etc. into my 1-10 rating.

crushes

Quote: (12-09-2012 09:57 PM)poutsara Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2012 05:41 AM)20Nation Wrote:  

Good points. Alright, I will incorporate personality attributes/cooking skills etc. into my 1-10 rating.

But only for a long term girl. They mean nothing in a one night stand

crushes

I agree with the guy who says you need to get your heart broken a few times. I am slowly learning this the hard way, and for sensitive souls I feel its the only way.

crushes

Don't let it happen.

Good advice, but just not realistic for most of us. It's the rare dude (game aware or not) who gets through life without crushing hard and then enduring the shit that goes along with it.

Myself, I don't think it's such a terrible thing, so long as you get past it. I was catching feelings for girls left and right during high school and college, and I got a lot of good memories out of that. Still cringe when I think about it sometimes, but I don't regret it.

Reminds me of Hencredible Casanova's signature:

"By recollecting the pleasures I have had formerly, I renew them, I enjoy them a second time, while I laugh at the remembrance of troubles now past, and which I no longer feel." - Giacomo Casanova