rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

CIA Director Resigns for Banging Mistress

CIA Director David Petraeus resigned Friday, citing an extramarital affair and "extremely poor judgement."

First of all, you telling me the Director of the CIA can't keep a mistress under wraps?

Secondly, shouldn't banging mistresses just be one of the perks of the job?

Has to be something else for him to resign. Probably pushed out. If not, then what the fuck does getting some on the side has to do with him protecting our country. Our President got dome and finished his job. Why cant the CIA Director?

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Quote: (11-09-2012 03:57 PM)TexasMade Wrote:  

Has to be something else for him to resign. Probably pushed out. If not, then what the fuck does getting some on the side has to do with him protecting our country. Our President got dome and finished his job. Why cant the CIA Director?

There's more to the story than just this.

Considering the timing, he probably misjudged the election and made the wrong internal maneuvers/ aligned with the wrong people. Either that or Republicans are weeding out the weak and consolidating their power base behind the scenes. IIRC he was a registered Republican.

Quote: (11-09-2012 04:01 PM)Nineteen84 Wrote:  

Considering the timing, he probably misjudged the election and made the wrong internal maneuvers.

There could also be some fallout from the Benghazi attacks. Two of those killed were CIA operatives.

I guess we know now who's being thrown under the bus for the Benghazi debacle.

Very true

Quote: (11-09-2012 03:35 PM)temujin Wrote:  

Not at all. That's a huge liability that can't be tolerated.

Quote: (11-09-2012 04:39 PM)jammer Wrote:  

Not at all. That's a huge liability that can't be tolerated.

You are right. Blackmailing guys who can't keep their dick in their pants has probably cost thousands of lives in the past.

CIA Director David Petraeus resigned Friday, citing an extramarital affair and "extremely poor judgement."

First of all, you telling me the Director of the CIA can't keep a mistress under wraps?

This only proves how incompetent the CIA is. Perhaps its good that this moron is gone.

If I was CIA director, I would have 10 mistresses around the world...and I will never get caught like Jason Bourne.

It's only blackmail if you give a shit.

Quote: (11-09-2012 04:53 PM)temujin Wrote:  

It's only blackmail if you give a shit.

Well the CIA gives a shit considering the damage that those blackmailed caused during the cold war

They have to sign some kind of morality/code of conduct agreement. Any kind of high profile job like makes you do it.
They have to maintain the image of the CIA or whatever. Thank our Puritanical roots for that one.

Team Nachos

He's being pushed out because Hilary and Obama can't have him testify about the Benghazi debacle. Politics = cover your ass.

Guy has been humiliated. Most of them get to say it's "for health reasons" or "to be closer to my family" but someone decided to rub his nose in shit.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

He still got caught....just like elliot spitzer.

can;t these fool hide there dick..

Well, he at least had the affair with a decent looking chick

Paula Broadwell

Slate has confirmed that Paula Broadwell, Petraeus' biographer, was the mysterious woman he had the affair with. They spent a lot of time together in Afghanistan and would go on five mile jogs together. The FBI is currently investigating her for possible improper access to Petraeus' e-mails which may have included classified information. Broadwell was married too apparently.

She's done many television interviews, including Jon Stewart, about her biography of Petraeus called "All In."

If you have a high level security clearance anything like this has to be declared. It was touched on in some CIA memoir I read - the rule of thumb was something like a one night stand isn't important, but if it's an on-going relationship (eg. you have a toothbrush at her place) it needs to be declared.

The agency needs to know about everyone that's close to you. I wouldn't be surprised if agents are allowed to keep mistresses as long as they're declared. The exception would be someone high profile enough to embarrass the whole show.

It's a pity since Petraeus is a brilliant man who seems to have done an excellent job.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Petraeus isn't a spy. He's a soldier that was put in charge of spies. If he had come up through the spy ranks, he may not have made this mistake. As Hencredible stated, she may have had access to classified material while she was with him. Motherfuckers aren't thinking clearly when they're caught up in the pussy. There's always the concern that men in his position are being compromised, which is why the standard is different from even a President getting head. We can say all we want about the Benghazi issue, or Hilary and the President needing a scapegoat, etc., but just based on his position and having this come out, it doesn't really matter. He fucked up. Looking at her pic, I can understand WHY he fucked up, but he still has to fall on his sword for this one...HA HA! And naturally, I can understand why such a man would give her the tingles.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

It's possible that there's some kind of backroom intrigue going on. It's also possible that this is pretty mundane. Maybe he just has an old-fashioned sense of honor.

Maybe he wants to get into politics and figures that he just needs to get the dirt out of the way now, so that it won't come out later and hurt him. Nothing yet has happened that's particularly humiliating. We'll see where it goes.

I can't blame the guy for cheating.

WIFE:
[Image: attachment.jpg8594]   

MISTRESS:
[Image: attachment.jpg8595]   

Quote: (11-09-2012 07:11 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Petraeus isn't a spy. He's a soldier that was put in charge of spies. If he had come up through the spy ranks, he may not have made this mistake. As Hencredible stated, she may have had access to classified material while she was with him. Motherfuckers aren't thinking clearly when they're caught up in the pussy. There's always the concern that men in his position are being compromised, which is why the standard is different from even a President getting head. We can say all we want about the Benghazi issue, or Hilary and the President needing a scapegoat, etc., but just based on his position and having this come out, it doesn't really matter. He fucked up. Looking at her pic, I can understand WHY he fucked up, but he still has to fall on his sword for this one...HA HA! And naturally, I can understand why such a man would give her the tingles.

That could be the reason he got taken down. CIA guys are a clubby bunch and tend to resent outsiders.

A CIA director who is (semi-)publicly known to have a mistress? There shouldn't even be an argument here folks. That's a major security liability, no conspiracy.

Kind of sad that in this day and age a man with great power can't leverage that to get hot pussy.

It shouldn't be that guys like us get more ass than Presidents and CIA directors.

Quote: (11-09-2012 07:43 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

A CIA director who is (semi-)publicly known to have a mistress? There shouldn't even be an argument here folks. That's a major security liability, no conspiracy.

Possibly. But how the heck would we know? Plebs like you and I just have to accept that we don't know, and not comfort ourselves with the fact that what is served up to us must be true.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.