rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Official Presidential Election Thread

Are you guys voting? Going to election day parties? Do you feel that the future of the world is hanging in the balance?

No, no, and no.

8 years of Bush, 4 years of Obama. Did anything actually change?

For most of us, it really doesn't matter who is president.

Quote: (11-06-2012 02:16 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Are you guys voting? Going to election day parties? Do you feel that the future of the world is hanging in the balance?

I voted.

There are election day drinking events at some bars, but it seems a bit dorky to be playing election day drinking games.

As to the future of the world, it is definitely not hanging in the blance.

I'm not registered in my current locale so no vote for me. A few weeks ago I expressed a "why vote, the country is fucked either way" ideal to some libertarian friends (I'm also libertarian). They got pretty upset, saying nothing will ever change unless people like us get out and vote and show they not everyone in the country is a Rep or Dem. I see their point.

I feel like there is a lot in balance...four more years of Obama could see some substantive changes take hold. Romney coming in would reverse a lot what has been put into motion recently.

While I would go vote today if I could, I still hold the opinion that with either candidate, the country is on a downward path and without huge sweeping changes not only in policy but also attitudes, traditions, ideals of the country as a whole, we're not going to right the ship any time soon.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Yes, yes, and yes. Obama 332, Romney 206. If Obama pulls off NC, then 347 to 191.

Quote: (11-06-2012 02:16 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Election parties are actually decent if you hit the high end ones.

Tip:

Go to the one of the winning party.

Maybe, no, and no.

Quote:Quote:

[Image: american.gif]

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

While I would go vote today if I could, I still hold the opinion that with either candidate, the country is on a downward path and without huge sweeping changes not only in policy but also attitudes, traditions, ideals of the country as a whole, we're not going to right the ship any time soon.

Part of this is a result of lack of participation, and part of it is that when people get mad enough to do something about it, they don't have a clue ie: "keep your government hands off my medicare" type dumbfuckery.

Regarding this forum: there is a personhood amendment in the republican platform. What this means is that all fertilized eggs have all the rights of people. No abortion for any reason, even in the case of rape. Most major republican party officials support this. Mitt Romney, no one knows what his position on this is because he tells different groups different things depending on who he is talking to like he's been doing his entire time in public life. Paul Ryan ABSOLUTELY supports it. What this means for game is that if you get a ONS pregnant, the republicans want the state to force the woman to have it. This is one reason why anyone who values the sexual freedom to game should never vote republican.

Heres some interesting "live" result site

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/ma...dent/2012/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/...e_map.html

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/electoral-map

http://www.usatoday.com/topic/5c6e1f38-d...ions-2012/

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012...ctoral-map

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/election...n-results/

I even added fox news in there

I am the cock carousel

Going to an election day party on friday night and w/o the girlfriend. Should be fun.

Quote: (11-06-2012 02:19 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

No, no, and no.

Hard to change anything with a Republican Congress whose only goal is to stonewall the President and make him a lame duck.

Quote: (11-06-2012 02:46 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

No, no, and no.

Hard to change anything with a Republican Congress whose only goal is to stonewall the President and make him a lame duck.

Which is actually why I seriously considered voting for him (even though I hate him as much as Mitt). A powerless president is the best kind of president. We have more than enough government spending and unnecessary laws.

Voted already, no, no.

I voted 3rd party for everything. My vote wasn't so much about who I think should be president (although I think Gary Johnson would be awesome), but more about breaking the two party system. Unfortunately, the media has polarized American politics to the point that I don't see the duality ending anytime soon.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Voted for Obama, primarily as a vote against Romney. Also, I don't want the Supreme Court getting anymore conservative. The next president will get at least two, possibly three selections. I'd prefer a liberal court, as I'd like to see Citizens United overturned.

Not from the US so no, yes and yes. Vote for Obama, vote for stimulus, end this depression now.

No, no, and no.

He had a Democratic majority in the House and Senate the first two years of his Presidency and what the fuck did he do with it? He threw the public under the bus with the healthcare bill and raised the federal tax on cigarettes by $0.62 per pack.

Yeah, that stimulus 4 years ago worked wonders...Oh wait, from what I can see you are from the UK. It all makes sense now. Our tax dollars went to your banks during the bailout.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Quote: (11-06-2012 03:05 PM)Ramon Zarate Wrote:  

Not from the US so no, yes and yes. Vote for Obama, vote for stimulus, end this depression now.

How the hell is the stimulus going to end the depression? How does debasing our currency help the average citizen?

Couldn't give a fuck less, really. I wouldn't mind seeing Mitt win, just so all of the Obama hipsters can throw a fucking fit.

Quote: (11-06-2012 03:06 PM)Katatonic Wrote:  

No, no, and no.

He had a Democratic majority in the House and Senate the first two years of his Presidency and what the fuck did he do with it? He threw the public under the bus with the healthcare bill and raised the federal tax on cigarettes by $0.62 per pack.

You're wrong. Read this, please :

http://www.thepragmaticpundit.com/2012/0...f.html?m=1

[quote='Capitán Peligroso' pid='302339' dateline='1352230774']
Quote:Regarding this forum: there is a personhood amendment in the republican platform. What this means is that all fertilized eggs have all the rights of people. No abortion for any reason, even in the case of rape. Most major republican party officials support this. Mitt Romney, no one knows what his position on this is because he tells different groups different things depending on who he is talking to like he's been doing his entire time in public life. Paul Ryan ABSOLUTELY supports it. What this means for game is that if you get a ONS pregnant, the republicans want the state to force the woman to have it. This is one reason why anyone who values the sexual freedom to game should never vote republican.

Exactly, and this scares the shit out of me, and should any other raw dog loving player.

The Republican moral agenda, especially toward abortion, is fucking ridiculous and embarrassing.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

What I don't get is why people who don't vote even get worked up over politics? Even on this thread there are people who get worked up over politcs yet don't vote. Hell, the presidental election is only part of what is being voted on today. There are plenty of state and local issues/races that are on the ballot as well.

I think I read somewhere that if young people voted at the same rate that old people do, then Obama would win by a comfortable margin. I think the Obama lovers should think about that when they whine about the current state of politics.

Exactly, and this scares the shit out of me, and should any other raw dog loving player.

It should scare anyone that fucks. Birth control methods fail, women stop taking the pill without telling their partners, condoms break, women have second thoughts about the sex they had last night, anyone reading this forum can add to this list from their own experience.

Bottom line is, we should regulate boardrooms and not bedrooms. It was true when Immanuel Kant said it 300 years ago, and it's still true. Who you have sex with and whether you're doing it for enjoyment or procreation or whatever else isn't anyone's business but yours. And it sure as hell isn't the business of some asshole so-called christian republican in Washington who is probably a closet case anyway.

Quote: (11-06-2012 03:40 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2012 03:06 PM)Katatonic Wrote:  

No, no, and no.

You're wrong. Read this, please :

http://www.thepragmaticpundit.com/2012/0...f.html?m=1

You're Googling my words incorrectly. Did I claim he had a filibuster-proof Senate? Did I claim he could do anything he wanted? What exactly was he blocked from doing those first two years though?

He bailed out the auto industry. He instituted massive regulations in the banking industry. He raised the funding for food stamps and other entitlement programs. Don't you think the Republicans would want to stop him on those fronts(well, maybe not the criminal auto industry scam)? Where were those filibusters?