rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roosh's last post - Girls with iPhones are incapable of love

This post is so true, it could flip the hamsters upside down.

But it's a sad thing it's true, many healthy relationships have been slowly poisoned by this illness, many will, and many bang prospects will drown themselves in other dicks as time goes by.

So in your opinion, what is the best countermeasure to this?

Sure, you can always steal her smartphone and throw it in the river
You can always overgame the suitors, but that is a tiring business, and not guaranteed to work.

i think i read somewhere, that teenagers nowadays have LESS sex than ~10 years before now. i think there might be correlation with rising digital communication/entertainment.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I haven't done day game much, so to those who do: is this iphone induced flakiness effecting your daygame results?

The most obvious, immediate effect is that when it comes to night game, same night lays are essential. Get anything less, I don't care who she is, and your chances of seeing her again are small. We're at the point where getting a phone number is a failure, and not potential for victorious conquest.

I've said it before - this is what makes modern girls whores. Not the fact that she's slept with ten or fifteen dudes. It's that she will fuck a man if he's nearby, but wouldn't dream of answering his texts and meeting up, even for a date. It's simply mind boggling that no one but players notice how slutty girls are.

Do you guys think the iphone brings out the bad traits in girls that might have already been there. Ie maybe they did a few things for attention before and their personality lead them to get an iPhone. Like a drug they got addicted to the ever increasing attention.

That being said I've lost 2 long term girls within months of getting an iPhone. Their entire attitude changed as soon as they got it. The girl I'm banging (guess she's now promoted to my main girl haha) has an old brick of a phone. It fits her personality, she doesn't like tons of attention and is kind of introverted. We don't even text. I'll send her a "hey how's it going what day are you free" text. She responds back with a date/time then shows up. I actually like it much better than other girls who always want to know what's up.

People used to jokingly refer to their Blackberries as "Crackberries" because they got so addicted to them. But that shit's not a joke. It's a very real and serious phenomenon.

And smartphones are Blackberries on steroids, with their integration of social media platforms.

What we are dealing with is literally an addiction. Girls are addicted to the dopamine bursts they get from incessantly checking their phones and receiving a constant stream of attention and validation. This is why girls become physically uncomfortable if separated from their phones even for a few minutes. They're addicts. Attention addicts.

I honestly don't see any way of reversing the trend. It's not like you can manage your game to become so powerful as to overcome a girl's smartphone addiction within hours of meeting you. That's not how addiction works.

As players, our target demographic (women age 18 - 28) is the one with the most heavy smartphone usage. We have to adapt our game to this reality. So what can we do?

1) Turn the tables and start exploiting the ubiquity of smartphones ourselves. This means constant online pipelining to get yourself on the radar of as many horny women as possible, who can access POF and OKC through their smartphones all day.

2) Master your text game. Learn how to keep girls on the hook with short, creative, unpredictable texts that get the hamster spinning.

3) Expect them to flake, and flake on them in turn. ALWAYS double or triple-book on your date nights. This will protect you against flaking, and when you flake on a girl it will only increase her attraction to you and make her hamster spin in overdrive.

4) Never assume you've got a girl locked down. Just because you've hit it doesn't mean she's going to stop seeking attention and validation from other guys on her phone. It's more important than ever to keep up DHVs around her and maintain a dominant frame at all times.

5) Master her headspace. More than anything else, girls still love a man they can't figure out. Maintain an aura of mystery and unpredictability. Never let her know what you're thinking. Be interesting but never give her the full picture. If you can get inside a girl's head like this, she will be subconsciously comparing the flattery of every beta herb that streams from her smartphone directly against your unpredictable alpha behavior, which makes every other dude look desperate and lame.

It's a brave new world out there, players. Adapt or die.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Anyone here try forgoing cell phones and facebook-type sites completely? I had a buddy who for years resisted getting a cell phone, even as a long-time student at the university. He pulled A LOT of ass over the years using the game passed down from his father. His logistical choices didn't slow him down a bit.

He now has a cell phone but seems to check it very rarely - I think he's simply realized how being "invisible" has helped his game rather than hindered it.

I imagine that the no cell phone could really work for you in a lot of ways. For one, it would give the situation a sense of urgency. She would know that you're not so easy to get a hold and if she wanted something to happen it has to happen fast. It would also give you a lot of scarcity and make you more appealing in that way - women aren't accustomed to having to wait all day for a guy to get back to his house phone before he gets back to their messages.

Another plus - you force yourself to interact with people in the real world more, and when it comes to setting up a date, you have to gather up your nuts and call the girl on the phone like we did in the good old days. No hiding behind ambiguous text messages.

Lastly, you immediately set yourself apart as different. As in, I'm not buying into the status quo. This cell phone shit and this Facebook shit is exactly that - bullshit. I'm not a slave to social influence; nor am I on demand 24/7 for people who think they can interrupt my day whenever they want.

Thoughts?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I've been going without a cell phone for a few weeks and honestly ya, you can do it, just like anyone can do it, but in addition to inconveniencing yourself, it's as much of an inconvenience to other people in your life.. people who can't call you to say something has come up, plans have to be changed, where to meet them or they need you to come and let them in or whatever.

Guys I have been saying it on this forum for ages now and often to much resistance. The best way to deal with the social media and mobile phone thing is to simply not play the game at all. Its too passive, you lose the power of your voice and you create the impression of being a guy that is always available. Maybe you lose a few along the way, but I like to believe those are women who were not that interested in the first place and would have required more effort to lay anyway.

If they ask you why you dont text or use social media, just tell them you are too busy for that crap and you find it too impersonal. Even if they say they have a preference for it, fuck them. Treat it like a shit test. If a chick is seriously so busy that she cant take 5 minutes for a call or return your call, then you are probably not going to be banging her anyway. Save the time and effort for chicks who are actually thinking about fucking you instead of just enjoying the attention you are giving her, and by phoning you are still showing enough interest and chasing enough that she feels like she is being pursued a bit.

When you engage these bitches on crap like Facebook, she knows that you are following her activities and updates. This shows far too much interest on your part. Then there is the problem with her being able to see shit about you too, and the last thing you want is to see women you are looking to fuck and chuck sitting with too much personal information. Half the time I try to fuck them at their place so they dont know where I live, let alone give them access to my personal information and contact lists.

Texting and social media are a cop out for 95% of men and when you go along with the flow its hard to differentiate yourself from them.

Phoning women is like doing squats. Texting them is like doing leg extensions. Everyone justifies leg extensions with the greatest of ease when the squat rack is staring right at them.

I told this chick the other day ,as she was scrolling instagram , walking side by side in the mall : "Put that shit away..." .
She listened and apologized. 2 weeks later she's back at it.
That shit is truly crack. As in they are so addicted. Even when there is no signal, it's glued to their hand.
Honestly, I'm over it.

A question for you guys: Are girls getting slower to respond to texts?

Maybe I'm biased by my latest crop of flakey okcupid prospects, but texting as instantaneous back and forth communication is no more. I remember IMing my friends fondly, the rapid-fire messaging to and fro... texting now is nothing like that. If it was, I wouldn't mind it. Of course, with time texting just became another device for playing games and attention whoring.

I VASTLY prefer calling girls to texting. I spent years in a part time job convincing people to part with their money for dumb shit, over the phone. Girls tell me I'm a better conversationalist on the phone than in person (especially with ugly girls, haha...). I'm not being a pussy when I text instead of call. It's just girls don't respond to it.

Maybe, all the girls who wouldn't respond to a call but would to a text, wouldn't fuck me anyway.

Maybe it's time for a "No Texting" challenge? I'm going to try it with my next few OKC prospects. "BTW, I don't text. I'm sure we'll figure it out."

I was just texting this OKC chick, and this thread was influencing me...

[Image: attachment.jpg8449]   
[Image: attachment.jpg8448]   

A good book about how technology affects our focus is Hamlet's Blackberry.

After reading the post mentioned in this thread and considering some other article I've read over the week, I've decided to start disconnecting from the grid a bit to see how it goes. Deactivated my Facebook account today. The more I think of it, nothing good has ever come from it - especially as far as women go. The only reason I haven't deleted it completely is so I can reactivate and contact people I met abroad when I hit the road again.

That said, I may send messages to these people to get email and phone numbers to store somewhere and then fully delete. Facebook has an option where you can have them send you all your photos too, which would be important to me as I've got a lot on there.

I think I'll delete my online dating profiles too - none have ever paid off for me. I suck at online gaming.

Still considering how to deal with the cell phone issue and how I can get around it while meeting women.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Repost of what I said: I disbanded a group of 5 girls in squadron formation, all 8′s and one 9 in the middle, earlier this year in a locally-hyped-to-the-max club. A lot of posturing going in there, not many pulling women.. just posing.

They were all on iPhones for about an hour, not one said a peep to anyone. Tying up prime bar real estate during prime bar time, yet they were the sexiest girls in there so getting a lot of looks.

I got them to all get up and move and you could literally feel the entire atmosphere in the room lighten-up and become less uptight when they left and a lot more people seemed to start having fun after that.

I left the bar with 2 numbers after that which led to future dates, and the cute bar tenders became more flirty after that. Some of the best talent couldn’t find enough instant gratification and were killing the vibe. By showing my disgust, and removing the problem – or at least having the balls to try – I turned what to me was a stale atmosphere into a slightly more enjoyable one for a few of us.

At some point, enough is enough. When I finally widdled down the group to just the 9, I asked her what she was drinking, she said some fruity girlie drink. Then she asked why I asked her. I told her I was profiling. She gave me a disgusted look, but I could see 1000 hamsters colliding on the same wheel over this. I then said; "Look, get up and leave right now, you've sat in the middle of this bar, not talking to anyone, not even your friends right next to you.. who I assume you were texting the whole time, its killed the vibe so its time to scoot so people have room to get drinks, and have some fun.

She almost broke a heel in the rut in the floor on the way to the bathroom to meet her friends. haha. Not one guy had the balls to approach any of them in formation, as if it were a social faux pas. F-that.

Here in Japan smartphones are everywhere, Iphones, and ipods are everywhere. I would guess that probably 95% of Japanese people own one. I have a old cheap flip phone and was told it's out of style.

But still, while on dates they don't text and for the most part keep their phones put away.

I banged a Japanese girl who was the exception to the rule kept texting durring the date and so forth. So does that mean the more self absorbed they are into their phones while on dates, the more slutty they are? (Japanese girls)

Facebook isn't that big in Japan, but i've met several people who have one. It's not like America where everyone has one.

there's no doubt that a chick who spends half her life on the phone is not worth much of your time
and the inverse is also true, the chicks that don't use phones all that much (or who have a smartphone but don't always have it glued to their ear/use it constantly for facebook, etc) are, in my experience, higher quality women
i've found that the further from the america/aussie/uk/ire world you go, the less chicks are hooked on their phones

Hooligan Harry and Beyond Borders laid the smackdown on this thread. I agree completely. While we have to play the game a bit to get laid, it doesn't have to become a crutch.

I've deactivated(deleted?) my facebook and I go for days with my cell phone off. At times, people have thought I was dead.

This throws girls a curveball every time. The last few girls I've banged have said something along the lines of 'Can you just tell me you're not much of a texter? I get confused when you don't respond.' It takes me days to respond, or sometimes not at all. The thing is it's not even a game on my part, I get extremely annoyed when my phone is getting blown up with texts/emails/bullshit so I put it away for a few days.

The last few girls I've banged do not know my last name, any of my friends, or even where I live. Giving all this information is completely unnecessary. Giving her your facebook/lots of information just dries up the pussy.

The sense of urgency described above is also very real, and I use it to my advantage.

Quote: (10-29-2012 03:29 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Anyone here try forgoing cell phones and facebook-type sites completely? I had a buddy who for years resisted getting a cell phone, even as a long-time student at the university. He pulled A LOT of ass over the years using the game passed down from his father. His logistical choices didn't slow him down a bit.

He now has a cell phone but seems to check it very rarely - I think he's simply realized how being "invisible" has helped his game rather than hindered it.

I imagine that the no cell phone could really work for you in a lot of ways. For one, it would give the situation a sense of urgency. She would know that you're not so easy to get a hold and if she wanted something to happen it has to happen fast. It would also give you a lot of scarcity and make you more appealing in that way - women aren't accustomed to having to wait all day for a guy to get back to his house phone before he gets back to their messages.

Another plus - you force yourself to interact with people in the real world more, and when it comes to setting up a date, you have to gather up your nuts and call the girl on the phone like we did in the good old days. No hiding behind ambiguous text messages.

Lastly, you immediately set yourself apart as different. As in, I'm not buying into the status quo. This cell phone shit and this Facebook shit is exactly that - bullshit. I'm not a slave to social influence; nor am I on demand 24/7 for people who think they can interrupt my day whenever they want.

Thoughts?

As good as it sounds it seems like the no cell phone thing when end up costing you bangs. However I do prefer to call since many girls dont expect it. It is pathetic everyone texts. I am 19 btw and in college so I can say first hand that the no cell phone thing would not fly

Said she only fucked like 4 or 5 niggas so you know you gotta multiply by three

I fucking hate that shit. In college its all the time. I cannot count the times bitches have been on the phone when I was out with them. I turn my fucking phone off and put it away giving my full attention. They could at least do the same.

Said she only fucked like 4 or 5 niggas so you know you gotta multiply by three

If the economy keeps getting worse, people might not be able to afford those plans. Would love to see how they react than.

Quote: (10-29-2012 10:09 PM)Hooligan Harry Wrote:  

Texting and social media are a cop out for 95% of men and when you go along with the flow its hard to differentiate yourself from them.

I agree with having little information on Facebook. But that's about it.

I straight-up disagree with the idea that social media and texting should be totally forgone. I'm 20 years old. Maybe not having Facebook or not texting raises value and creates aloofness for older guys, but if you're a guy my age, from my generation, then not having Facebook or a phone to text isn't perceived at all like that - you're just considered a creep. This is because not having these things isn't just uncommon, it's considered absurd, and a major disqualifier. Like it or not, the situation is what it is, and leaving social media and texting is a terrible idea if you're in high school, college, or under 25 at all.

Instead of running, learn how to work the system. Done properly you can use it to your advantage. I can't tell you how many times I've used clever texts and messages to quietly escalate things. The sociable man uses Facebook (not fatty-havens like OKCupid or POF) wisely to help him reel in the poon.

I don't always mind the phone issue. They are good to fill uncomfortable silences, and I try to make the most of it period. If a girl pulls out her phone I:

1. Use that minute to access how the date is going and regroup if necessary, and think of something else witty to say. Or check out other girls in the room and try to get eye contact. Just as she is seeking attention/validation I will do the same.

2. Fight fire with fire. I'll pull out my phone and get caught up on texts with girls, or log onto dating sites and get my mack on. This will drive some crazy. They know you are waiting for them if you just sit there. Start texting and they will want to know who you are talking to. My response is "the same person you are talking to". Or "apologizing to the 3 girls I turned down for dates tonight. They're still interested though".

3. Text the girl and tell her to quit ignoring me. Some girls get REAL embarrassed because they didn't realize how rude they were being.

4. Use it as an escape to go pee-pee. Check for boogies, get a drink, socialize around the venue.

I do see the underlying problem though. It's best to keep a strong frame during the date, which will lessen the chance of using the phone.

Quote: (10-30-2012 10:18 AM)IQVX Wrote:  

but if you're a guy my age, from my generation, then not having Facebook or a phone to text isn't perceived at all like that - you're just considered a creep. This is because not having these things isn't just uncommon, it's considered absurd, and a major disqualifier. Like it or not, the situation is what it is, and leaving social media and texting is a terrible idea if you're in high school, college, or under 25 at all.

Instead of running, learn how to work the system. Done properly you can use it to your advantage. I can't tell you how many times I've used clever texts and messages to quietly escalate things. The sociable man uses Facebook (not fatty-havens like OKCupid or POF) wisely to help him reel in the poon.

Girls call anything that makes them feel uncomfortable or that they disagree with 'creepy.' I've bagged a couple of 24 year olds this year(I'm nearing 30) this year and I outrightly tell them I do not use facebook. They didn't seem to have an issue.

I'd guess in college and high school, where a kids identity is linked to how many facebook 'friends' they have or pictures of them doing cool shit, it may come across as strange to not have one. The good part is in 5 or so years, nobody will give a shit anymore about stuff like that. Too bad I missed to social media craze while in college, I'm sure it would have been fun to use fb to get ass.

One of my favorite things to do when a girl pulls out her phone is to snatch it from her. I don't let her have it back till I'm done with her.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Is it possible to start a smart phone shame movement. There's got to be a shaming technique.

Or, is there a magnet or something small thing like a magnet or whatever that can be carried that will fuck her phone up- like zap the battery?

Maybe there's a code that can turn off her phone for like 4 hours?

Just turn it around on them. Get an awesome FB profile full of DHV's and a group of girls and people who constantly like and comment on your shit.

Hell, you can even buy followers for Instagram and twitter $5 on fiverr.. I guarantee you, I've banged at least 2 girls because they thought I was some kind of Instagram celeb. If they pull out their phone during a date, do the same randomly in the convo with them. If they ask you why you're doing that, tell them you have some important business stuff going on.

I know its perverted, but it should get to the point where she'll brag about you with your FB profile in front of her friends if you want to win the social media war, lol

maybe I'm more comfortable with these things because I don't know it any different. I'm in that target group and girls have been flaky and slutty since I've been on the market.