rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alpha, Beta, Omega and Zeta, and why PUAs are in fact omegas

This article lays out definitions for these terms and label's PUAs as omegas. I think his definition of "Alpha" is excellent.

By the way, I'm way down there in Zeta land. Not sure why I'm a member of this forum -- I registered years ago to learn "game," but it never panned out. Now I just live vicariously through you guys by reading about PUA, I'm a 27 year old virgin. [Image: confused.gif]

I want you guys to this discuss this article though.

http://no-maam.blogspot.ca/2012/06/keyne...place.html

Wow, you've been here for 4 years. Why are you not pulling?

What are your sticking points? Why didn't you learn game?

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

I'm pretty stressed out right now over my career prospects -- I've been drifting for years and college never panned out for me. I feel socially inferior to just about anyone I'm interested in.

I also never go out and play a lot of video games.

Starcraft 2, anyone?

Are you serious?

Well, talk about your sleeper trolls!

Quote: (10-23-2012 09:07 PM)-abe- Wrote:  

I'm pretty stressed out right now over my career prospects -- I've been drifting for years and college never panned out for me. I feel socially inferior to just about anyone I'm interested in.

Starcraft 2, anyone?

So basically you were a bitch instead of taking steps to improve your life?

Its not too late though, you are only 27. If you start getting your shit together you'll be fine in your 30s.

As long as your content with being a socially inept, shut-in virgin that's cool man. The only way to change is to be dissatisfied with your current situation.

However, once you get a taste, you might kick yourself in the ass and have one of those, "SHIT! THIS is what I've been missing out on?!?" And I'm not just talking about pussy either. I mean going out with some dudes and getting hammered and doing some crazy shit, tearing up the town a little.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (10-23-2012 09:07 PM)-abe- Wrote:  

Starcraft 2, anyone?

Lose the fear. Stop caring. Go out and talk to girls. Lie about your job if you must.

Figure out your job situation and either find a business to start or go to school to learn a skill.

Don't think of your past as years wasted, just realize those were the years you needed to grow.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Watch "Fight Club" beleive me on this

Yea, I'm starting to improve now. I'm working 40 hours at a low status job but focusing my attention otherwise on hitting the gym and learning a more valuable skill, which will (hopefully) help me move out of my mom's place.

And no, I'm not trolling. I linked the article because I've never seen a manosphere writer criticize PUAs so harshly before.

Good luck to you my man. The best time to plant a tree is now. The longer you wait the longer you'll have until it bears fruit.

In your case fruit will be self confidence and esteem. Don't worry about getting girls, first worry about looking in the mirror and respecting the man you see.

PS thanks for bringing up that post. It was eye opening and I enjoyed it

Quote: (10-23-2012 09:04 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Wow, you've been here for 4 years. Why are you not pulling?

Because he never tried anything, like those guys that buy the gym membership in January and tell themselves every single day that they will go to the gym, tomorrow.

Im gonna break down the associated blog post since it is kinda long.

Quote:Quote:

Alpha: The “top” male – both sexually and socially.

Beta: Most males in the population. The average guy.

Omega: The scum/deviant/criminal class (the author says the modern PUA is an Omega)

Zeta: Weak-willed males

When the game community talks “Alpha” they are really describing “Omega” and when they say “Beta” they are really describing “Zeta.” The proper references to Real Alphas and Real Betas are missing.

Alpha Male Definition:

Alpha males don’t usually get the most partners. Alpha males get the best chick around and she beats off all the other women with a stick. Alpha males are respected in society – they are not only sexually attractive, but they also have great social power and have the respect and admiration of other men. Think back to when you were in high-school. The star quarterback, while he could have shagged a lot of 6’s, 7’s and 8’s, that is not generally what he does. What happens is he gets the prom queen – the best/hottest chick – and they generally stay together for quite a while. He does not trade his “10” in for quickies with a series of “7’s”. The top male pairs off with the top female and they tend to stay together.

Beta Male Definition:

“Beta” males are almost all other males. They are not weak wimps, as they are so often derided as. They are merely the males that come in second place (or further). Not everyone can win the footrace and place 1st. The sexual marketplace is a zero sum game. There cannot be 12 alphas of equal sexual-social rank.Beta males generally have more sexual partners than Alpha males as they screw around lots when they are younger and sort out their socio-sexual rankings before finding the right socio-sexually ranked female to pair off with. Being 2nd place does not mean you are a slow runner – it merely means you are second place, which is still higher than third, which is still better than fourth. You cannot have 12 firsts – except in modern feminist-inspired schoolyard sports.

Omega Male Definition:

“Omega” males are the scum class as well as the sexually deviant class. These are the bad-boys and these are also the guys who have multiple sex partners. A key characteristic of Omega males is that they cannot form stable relationships. They are not powerful like Alpha males. They might get lots of girls, but essentially they are powerless in society and have little real respect from those around them - especially other males. Girls may screw them, but girls don’t stay with them. Not having the respect of other males makes them socially powerless, and this is the key to why they are not Alpha males.

ZETA Male Definition:

“Zeta” males are weak-willed males. They rarely get sex and when they do, they are ruthlessly manipulated and exploited by women

The author does go on to explain that this works in a natural society, and as we all know, we live in an unnatural society overtaken by female hypergamy, weak males, and feminism. In our backwards society, as the manosphere has shown, marriage is a sham and women dont want an "alpha male", but would rather have the player.

Omega(PUA) vs "Alpha":

They are the sexual deviants with numerous sexual partners but their social ranking is low and that is why they need to continually game more than one woman at a time. They can only fool a woman into believing they are Alpha for a short amount of time and they have little ability to actually keep a woman of high mating value. Another reason they continually need to have more than one chick on the go is to protect their own emotional vulnerability. Of course, this behaviour also provides the Omega male with social proofing, which helps them get more chicks, but this is a different kind of social proofing than that which the Alpha male gets.

He then goes on to say how Omega's can get away with their deviance in todays society because it is so spread out. Its easy to bang lots of women in a large city where you can stay anonymous, but most other times in history, if you were to try and be a player, you have a lot of enemies from the other males.

As for the Omega class, were it not for urban anonymity where they can disappear before being forced to deal with the consequences of their actions, they too would likely disappear quickly – most likely at the hands of the socially valuable Alphas and Betas. If you lived in a rural community and decided to try and screw 100 of the local women, you can almost be guaranteed to make at least 100 very motivated lifelong enemies.

If an Omega were the town blacksmith and he screwed 100 of the local women, he would soon find a large portion of the town shunning him and taking their business to the next town, if someone didn’t outright kill him first for his cuckolding behavior.

One of the main points for Alpha Males was the respect and support they get from all other males. They dont have enemies and everyone respects them.

In the same way, what we really have going on in society is almost a “Keynesian Sexual Marketplace.” In other words, a false economy based on Government Totalitarianism, enabled by Urban Anonymity, and fortified by relentless propaganda encouraging the “average Beta” to assume the traits of the weak-willed Zeta – with some further false sexually economic factors in the form of the pill and abortion – all combining to skew the “free sexual market.” The whole thing is as false as fiat money is to gold, and should these factors be removed, humans would likely revert back to a more traditional sexual marketplace – the kind often ballyhooed about in foreign cultures where things are not as far along in their screwed-upness as ours.

If it were not for things like government totalitarianism, women who mate with the scum class would find survival very difficult for themselves and their spawn. Many would likely die – and rightfully too, according to nature - for choosing an anti-survival strategy of mating with powerless Omegas who are unable to properly pair-bond. “True Alpha” males – those with high social and sexual value – would survive the best, as they have the best ability to provide, and all the lower ranking males and females (the Beta class), would again quickly pair off simply for survival’s sake. No animal, with the exception of perhaps lemmings, chooses anti-survival methods of living.

His examples of Alpha in real life:

On the other hand, I know two "true alphas."

They are both assertive and dominant with their women. The one guy is one of my best friends. My jaw just dropped when I seen him walk in with his new girlfriend - the absolute hottest girl in town.

You know what? He refused to have sex with her for the first two months they dated... said he didn't want to until he knew they had real feelings for each other (ie. qualifying). He also told her she was not allowed to work as a waitress at a pub or anything like that - he just would not stand for it, having all kinds of men at the pub always hitting on her.

She conformed herself around him and they have been together now for around 16 years.

The other "alpha" I knew was a guy who married a chick fifteen years younger. He was 40 and she was 25 when they met. They had been married for a little over ten years when I knew them. He had been through the divorce wringer before and told her they were going to follow gender rules, and that was that.

They would have me over for dinner, and afterwards, I would try to help cleaning up and doing the dishes.

"No no no, Rob," he would say to me. "We follow gender roles in this house. You came here to help me put siding up on the house for a weekend and she didn't help because that was man's work. Now it is time for her to do her work. Let's go into the living room and watch NASCAR."

They are both good examples that I think many of us would enjoy, but in todays world, atleast in the anglosphere, this is no longer an option. Because of that, men who in past years would go down the route the author calls "Alpha" instead go more towards "omega" because that is what is rewarded in todays society.

Its a cool article that I enjoyed reading, but I had to snap back to reality and realize that this is not possible today in America. Possibly if you go overseas to a third world country you could still be rewarded for being an "Alpha" male, but in first world countries today, women are too hypergamous to even appreciate and stay feminine for the top men, let alone the rest of us "Beta" males.

Adam, thanks for breaking that down. I should've done that.

-abe-

Put down the blogs and go for a jog or something. Seriously, go do it right now. You'll feel better when you get back. PM me or something if you need some encouragement.

Anyway, so I heard about this guy yesterday, and the first thing that came to mind was Orwell and "1984". Control the language and you control people's thoughts. What this guy is trying to do is redefine "Alpha" to mean what HE wants it to mean, a successful, upstanding pillar of the community type of person, as opposed to how everybody else uses it. It's the same old shaming language dressed up in new rhetoric. If you're pulling lots of chicks, you are "scum", "deviant" etc. Instead you need to man up and settle down, and only then can you be a "real" alpha.

Maybe he had a point, 60 years ago. He sure as hell doesn't now.

I can't help but feel that this article is some kind of veiled attack on the game community, similar to those idiots at seductionmyth and other places. It muddles the waters a whole lot without saying anything constructive.

Calling players (whether "natural" or "game-enhanced", who are the majority of sexually successful men nowadays) omegas is a really weird case of sour grapes.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

This is alpha:

[Image: attachment.jpg8378]   

These guys get laid too. PUA's aren't alphas. They are weak. That is all.

Quote: (10-24-2012 01:32 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Calling players (whether "natural" or "game-enhanced", who are the majority of sexually successful men nowadays)

[Image: bsflag.gif]

There are way more naturals out there then guys into game.

Quote: (10-23-2012 08:57 PM)-abe- Wrote:  

By the way, I'm way down there in Zeta land. Not sure why I'm a member of this forum -- I registered years ago to learn "game," but it never panned out. Now I just live vicariously through you guys by reading about PUA, I'm a 27 year old virgin. [Image: confused.gif]

While I wasn't 27 when I lost mine, I can say I was definitely a late bloomer and lost my way after everyone else that I knew. So I sympathize with you. You should keep some sort of progress journal and look at it every week. If at the end of the week you can't identify concrete steps you've made toward any progress then at least you will have the blank pages staring you in the face reminding you of why you're still a virgin. I think that's a good place to start.

If you even have to start a plenty of fish account and message 10 fatties a day just to lose the v-card then do it man. That's actually not the hard part. Getting quality is where it becomes hard.

Sleeper cell troll? These dudes have patience.

As far as the the article is concerned, I don't think there's ever been a more appropriate use of:

Don't hate the player hate the game.

I think he kind of concedes this, but then what's his point? I wish I could just try to be a good guy and contribute to society in traditional ways and get rewarded for it, but these days that's the best path to ruin. Adapt or get run over. I wouldn't count on things going back to the good old days any time soon.

He also seems to have created a straw man for his "omega" definition of players that looks something like this:

[Image: 5nJli.jpg]

This guy makes a few good points (like how super alphas tend to pair bond), but I guess my biggest problem with it is his definition of how superalphas don't tend to get very high notch counts. If you had the respect of everybody around you and more social power than anyone else, then you're more than free to smash pretty much every girl without any problem.

Now I'm willing to concede that possibly they have the respect of everyone around them (including men) because these alphas do not mess with other dude's women, but I still have problems with it. No man can be "everything" for a woman, and women can get bored by routine too, so even if a dude was some kind of "classic alpha" as listed here, she might end up fucking a pickup artist anyway just for entertainment.

I think this article could be made a lot better if he used the terms "compensatory narcissist" somewhere when describing PUAs. In very simple terms, a compensatory narcissist builds a false and grandiose identity of himself and has to leech energy from other people to keep feeding how he views himself. Anything that could elicit shame brings the whole persona tumbling down in a fit of extreme rage.

This is almost exactly what I have been observing. People here fail to see the reality of things.

- there are only a few alpha's.
- alpha's have a harem of the top females (not mentioned in the article)
- alpha's power comes from social dominance
- he has a circle of top-beta's, also with fine chicks
- toptierfemales approach members of this group. Alpha's get the finest chicks.
-the low-beta's (most males) get lowranking chicks though their lowerranking social circles.

I would be very surprised if anybody on this forum would be alpha or beta.

This is also the reason why omega's who start "learning game" in suburban environments tends to fail: the natural social structure is still in place. You can only succeed if you live in places with lots of people (big cities like london) or when you travel around. When you succeed, you get into pickup. Pickup only work on the lowerchicks who have the lowerbetas and wants something different (hypergamy). The more you travel around or the more dense your city the more success in pickup.

Ever wondered why you never see hot chicks in clubs? Because they are in their social circle.

How many times do you see pics of player's with really hot chicks? Never.

The author of this article is right in defining the "real alpha's", but he fails in pinpointing the exact reasons.

There are way more naturals out there then guys into game.

That's what I said. Surely you don't deny that naturals are players too, even if they haven't made an active effort to learn game.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before