rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Hey guys

i have seen that a lot of you have traveled to europe and USA. From your experiences,
could you tell what pros/cons both places have regarding
cost of living, opportunities, girls, climate, culture, way of life, work, etc ?

thanks!

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

There is no thing such as Europe.
You can talk about individual states or maybe macro-regions, like the Balkans or the Baltic.
Anyhow if you don't specify which part of Europe we can't really answer, since the countries are so much different, for example there is almost nothing in common between Spain and Estonia.

Her pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola...

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Europe -
Cost of Living usually high (Western Europe)
Climate - mild winters to so so warm summers
Culture - varies from country to country
Way of Life - work is for paying the bills and does not define who you are. Less materialism.
Girls - women generally behave like women, wear heels/skirts when going out. Sex is natural just like sunbathing topless or nude.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

I worked in the Netherlands for several years. The nicest thing was that I had 40 days of vacation a year. It beats the 2 week vacation in the US. It gives you plenty of time to travel around. Also, there are no problems anymore in Western Europe finding people who speak English. The women are less paranoid than American women. In the summer it's still light at 10 p.m.

Rico... Sauve....

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quote: (10-18-2012 02:55 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

I worked in the Netherlands for several years. The nicest thing was that I had 40 days of vacation a year. It beats the 2 week vacation in the US. It gives you plenty of time to travel around. Also, there are no problems anymore in Western Europe finding people who speak English. The women are less paranoid than American women. In the summer it's still light at 10 p.m.

The women in general are thinner, more feminine, sexier, prettier, smarter and more caring in Europe than in America. I would even go live in Albania and Greece (where it is damn difficult to get laid with those hot cunts) than in America. Europe by a knockout. Enough said.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quote: (10-18-2012 03:31 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

The women in general are thinner, more feminine, sexier, prettier, smarter and more caring in Europe than in America. I would even go live in Albania and Greece (where it is damn difficult to get laid with those hot cunts) than in America. Europe by a knockout. Enough said.
I assume you are excluding the u.k.?

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Is USA that bad regarding women? when i went there people in general and women were very friendly towards foreigners(granted there were big numbers of fat women but also sexy and beautiful girls). I have heard that europeans are not that friendly, and women from the UK and scandinavian countries or germany not too feminine..

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

USA is good for foreigners if youre from an Anglo country.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quote: (10-18-2012 06:01 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

I assume you are excluding the u.k.?

That is a given my friend.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

USA hands down. Greatest country in the world. For all its flaws, most people who complain about it still live here. Quality of housing is far superior to what you'll find in Europe man. Good luck finding modern conveniences like kitchens in Europe lol. Doesn't compare to what we have in the States. Everything is just bigger, better and newer here. Innovative and creative thinking too. Europe is old world. Much more rigid socially as well. Way easier to make friends in the States. Europe is nice to visit. It's pretty incredible how you can hop on a train and in a few hours be in a totally different country with its own language and culture. Lots of exciting cities. Barcelona is one of the greatest places I've ever been. Still, I would not want to be from anywhere other than the US, especially as a minority. Can't think of another country that has accomplished as much in such a short amount of time or has given opportunity to many different people on such a broad scale.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quote: (10-18-2012 09:18 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

USA hands down. Greatest country in the world. For all its flaws, most people who complain about it still live here. Quality of housing is far superior to what you'll find in Europe man. Good luck finding modern conveniences like kitchens in Europe lol. Doesn't compare to what we have in the States. Everything is just bigger, better and newer here. Innovative and creative thinking too. Europe is old world. Much more rigid socially as well. Way easier to make friends in the States. Europe is nice to visit. It's pretty incredible how you can hop on a train and in a few hours be in a totally different country with its own language and culture. Lots of exciting cities. Barcelona is one of the greatest places I've ever been. Still, I would not want to be from anywhere other than the US, especially as a minority. Can't think of another country that has accomplished as much in such a short amount of time or has given opportunity to many different people on such a broad scale.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Hen, I understand where you are coming from. But you are over emphisizing convience compared to actual happiness. I will give my country its due, in certain things and I am a minority too. But are you being serious about how good America is for a man. Are you arguing for men to stay in the USA and battle it out? If you are my friend we can have a long debate.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Although I'd say Europe, I like that Casnova stood up for America. But, honestly, anyone who's lived in Europe for longer than 2 weeks, I just don't get how you don't give it to Europe in terms of the happiness factor. Who cares if the kitchen is small when your girlfriend is a 9 and easygoing? Who cares if socially the society is more rigid if your doing well with your own thing?
If this was the 50's, 60's, 70's or 80's you gotta go with America. But our women have gotten fat, the ones that are hot have no consequences for their actions, so, your role as a man is diminished, and the government tries to fuck you if you want to have a traditional family as head of the house. I'm not down with some spoiled American princess taking half my assets.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Guys, we can only get dumber by taking a US vs. Europe thread seriously.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

So to me it pretty much sounds like. USA is better except for women, and since that's pretty much all that matters to this forum. Europe wins. (I actually agree)

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

I don't know. The US is such a huge country. It's hard to really generalize. You can find lots of talent in our best cities. Also, Europe is a vague title. Are you talking Western Europe? If so, I don't think the girls there are any better or easier than what you find in the States. Many men in those countries are dissatisfied with their women, too. If you're talking Eastern Europe, I haven't been but from what I've seen those girls are pretty hot. Still, those countries aren't rich and don't have the opportunities that the US have so why would you LIVE there? Especially as a minority. It's cool to visit but living is a whole different ballpark. That's where you are not just talking about women but also dealing with men in those countries.

For me, convenience is important. I like living in a consumer-based society compared to the alternative. I like the high level of customer service in the US, especially compared to where I've been in Europe. I also like the culture and just the American swagger/attitude. I've never seen anything like it. The personal freedom and individualism is another thing I like. I would not to live in a society where the government dictates my choices to such a large extent and kills incentive to hustle. Roosh sums up this difference well in Don't Bang Denmark.

As for happiness, I can do the things that make me happy in the US. I can workout, run game, etc. When I want to travel and have fun, I can just hop over to Latin America or Montreal and have a ball. What's not to love?

American girls is also a vague statement. If you live in boring ass middle America then maybe you have a case that Europe is better. But I've always lived in major cities where there are women of all races who are attractive as well as lots of things to do so. NYC alone is pretty epic. Many Europeans think it's the greatest place on the planet. That's just ONE American city. We also have Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, SF, Boston, etc.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quote: (10-19-2012 05:52 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I don't know. The US is such a huge country. It's hard to really generalize. You can find lots of talent in our best cities. Also, Europe is a vague title. Are you talking Western Europe? If so, I don't think the girls there are any better or easier than what you find in the States. Many men in those countries are dissatisfied with their women, too. If you're talking Eastern Europe, I haven't been but from what I've seen those girls are pretty hot. Still, those countries aren't rich and don't have the opportunities that the US have so why would you LIVE there? Especially as a minority. It's cool to visit but living is a whole different ballpark. That's where you are not just talking about women but also dealing with men in those countries.

For me, convenience is important. I like living in a consumer-based society compared to the alternative. I like the high level of customer service in the US, especially compared to where I've been in Europe. I also like the culture and just the American swagger/attitude. I've never seen anything like it. The personal freedom and individualism is another thing I like. I would not to live in a society where the government dictates my choices to such a large extent and kills incentive to hustle. Roosh sums up this difference well in Don't Bang Denmark.

As for happiness, I can do the things that make me happy in the US. I can workout, run game, etc. When I want to travel and have fun, I can just hop over to Latin America or Montreal and have a ball. What's not to love?

American girls is also a vague statement. If you live in boring ass middle America then maybe you have a case that Europe is better. But I've always lived in major cities where there are women of all races who are attractive as well as lots of things to do so. NYC alone is pretty epic. Many Europeans think it's the greatest place on the planet. That's just ONE American city. We also have Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, SF, Boston, etc.

I like the idea that is the US you can really achieve something if you have the focus and discipline. There is no roof sort to speak. In europe that is much harder..

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quote: (10-19-2012 05:26 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Guys, we can only get dumber by taking a US vs. Europe thread seriously.

I find myself getting esp. dumber when guys who have never lived in MULTIPLE countries in Europe for AT LEAST a few years make blanket statements about how the USA is so much better.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quality of housing is far superior to what you'll find in Europe man. Good luck finding modern conveniences like kitchens in Europe lol.

I would rather be living in a tiny little apartment on the canal in Amsterdam, where I can just stroll down to the market, pick up the latest fresh produce from the market, sit down and have a cup of coffee at the cafe down the street and go home and cook dinner in my tiny kitchen.

Much preferable to living in a large soul less house that requires me to get into my car just to get a carton of milk.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quote: (10-19-2012 10:19 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Quality of housing is far superior to what you'll find in Europe man. Good luck finding modern conveniences like kitchens in Europe lol.

I would rather be living in a tiny little apartment on the canal in Amsterdam, where I can just stroll down to the market, pick up the latest fresh produce from the market, sit down and have a cup of coffee at the cafe down the street and go home and cook dinner in my tiny kitchen.

Much preferable to living in a large soul less house that requires me to get into my car just to get a carton of milk.

People who live in San Francisco (where I used to live) do the same thing as what you've described about Amsterdam. That's the thing about the US. It has it all. Tough to generalize.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quote: (10-19-2012 10:26 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

People who live in San Francisco (where I used to live) do the same thing as what you've described about Amsterdam. That's the thing about the US. It has it all. Tough to generalize.

But, that's the lifestyle for a minority of Americans. In Europe, its the opposite. European cities are built around a tight, central core, with everything in close walking or easily commutable distance. European cities cater to the community. So, yes you can generalize.

At a very macro level, Americans are richer, Europeans are happier.

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quality of Living Survey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_of_Living_Survey

Not one US City in the top 10, or top 20, or top 30. Incredible.

All those massive houses and big kitchens do nothing to improve people`s lives at a basic level. Even Canada, America`s poorer and much maligned N American sibling has 3 cities in the top 20. The list is dominated by Europe.

2010 RankCityCountryIndex 2010
1Vienna Austria108.6
2Zurich Switzerland108.0
3Geneva Switzerland107.9
4Vancouver Canada107.4
4Auckland New Zealand107.4
6Düsseldorf Germany107.2
7Frankfurt Germany107.0
7Munich Germany107.0
9Bern Switzerland106.5
10Sydney Australia106.3
11Copenhagen Denmark106.2
12Wellington New Zealand105.9
13Amsterdam Netherlands105.7
14Ottawa Canada105.5
15Brussels Belgium105.4
16Toronto Canada105.3
17Berlin Germany105.0
18Melbourne Australia104.8
19Luxembourg Luxembourg104.6
20Stockholm Sweden104.5

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quote: (10-19-2012 10:41 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Quote: (10-19-2012 10:26 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

But, that's the lifestyle for a minority of Americans. In Europe, its the opposite. European cities are built around a tight, central core, with everything in close walking or easily commutable distance. European cities cater to the community. So, yes you can generalize.

At a very macro level, Americans are richer, Europeans are happier.

Thats an interesting observation. I think europeans are happier because they enjoy life more than americans ( mostly because of the workaholic culture in the US). but also especially in northern europe, winter can make people not so happy, (worse than winter the lack of day light). Sweden is one of the countries with most suicides in the world....

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Henc - I hear what you are saying, but until you have been to Scandinavia and Eastern Europe it is hard to make that comparison. Personally, I find NYC a great city to visit but I could not fathom living there. London is a better city, but I might be a little bias since I was born there.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

What is quality of living? Can the people in Europe hop on the boat go to an island with palm trees and bikinis and go swimming in 5 minutes? On Christmas? No really so basically you are personally responsible for your quality of life. How could Toronto be on there and St. Augustine FL not be?

I stayed in Norway for a while and even though on paper it looks good the quality of life wasn't even close to anyplace I lived here.