rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cordoba or Medellin?

Cordoba or Medellin?

Guys, looks like I'll be heading back to South America later this year. I will not be backpacking this time around and want to focus my efforts on one city at a time. I plan on leaving in September and also hitting up Lima during the nice time of the year Jan. However, this leaves a toss up of two locations.

I like both cities, but I spent more time in Medellin. I remember Cordoba having lots of good looking women and it was appealing as a place to get an apartment and chill out/have fun for a few months....

So, my first location Cordoba or Medellin? Help me choose [Image: smile.gif]
Give me specific reasons as to why and I prefer first hand experience.
Yes, Roosh, you count too... Haha just kidding!

What I'm looking for: good nightlife, attractive women, close proximity to areas, cheap cost of living, availability of high speed internet(I work off the computer),
good vibe or onda as they say in Argentina....

Thanks,

LS

Currently traveling around Asia come join me on the LS Blog.

Bolo and Latinstylez's Adventures

Cordoba or Medellin?

Ummmm blonde or brunnette? Mestizo or European white? Doggy style or 69? My first hand experience is that women are easier to bang in Medellin, but that's my own experience.

Another overlooked gem in Argentina is a city called "Salta" and "Lincoln" I called these the Pereira and Armenia of Rgentina =)

now, Mendoza. Don't ever go to Mendoza, women ate ugly, fat, and they hate foreigners! they especially hate sex - don't go! =)

I know what you're all going to say " bust out a report man" Lol!

[Image: wink.gif]

Cordoba or Medellin?

Quote: (02-19-2010 11:33 AM)armanid27 Wrote:  

Ummmm blonde or brunnette? Mestizo or European white? Doggy style or 69? My first hand experience is that women are easier to bang in Medellin, but that's my own experience.

Another overlooked gem in Argentina is a city called "Salta" and "Lincoln" I called these the Pereira and Armenia of Rgentina =)

now, Mendoza. Don't ever go to Mendoza, women ate ugly, fat, and they hate foreigners! they especially hate sex - don't go! =)

I know what you're all going to say " bust out a report man" Lol!

[Image: wink.gif]
Man I love your reports they are really helpful please do one! LOL

Cordoba or Medellin?

If your going to be living there for a few months, then definately Cordoba. Check out "PartyTimes Cordoba Thread" to see the reasons i think the quality of life is much better here than medellin. I'll be posting much more about Cordoba soon too.

However, the girls are definitely easier in Medellin.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Quote: (02-19-2010 10:11 PM)PartyTime Wrote:  

If your going to be living there for a few months, then definately Cordoba. Check out "PartyTimes Cordoba Thread" to see the reasons i think the quality of life is much better here than medellin. I'll be posting much more about Cordoba soon too.

However, the girls are definitely easier in Medellin.

Thanks Partytime and the rest of the responders. It really is going to be a tough call for me on which city I will choose. Both are tempting and I will end up visiting both cities. I wanted to start my trip on a relaxing comfortable place where the girls are attractive.

Your feedback on Cordoba was impressive. I liked how you described the ambiance of the city and it sounds appealing. Do you have any other websites for apartment rentals? Also, can you share any of your experiences with the women of Cordoba? I know you mentioned pulling back to your place is easy but not a big deal... Well, when they are in your place you're definitely moving things forward a bit and it takes the pressure off especially if sex is not expected. How is the Day Game in Cordoba compared to Medellin? Will September be busy in Cordoba? You mentioned January was slow are there any other breaks during the year?

I noticed when I was in Cordoba there were a lot of good restaurants and places to hang out within a close proximity. PartyTime you're selling me on Cordoba... Is anyone on here going to argue for me to go to Medellin?

Even though I have a lot of time before I make it out there, I want to get as much feedback as I can.

P.S.- I'm fine with the fact Cordoba girls might be a bit more challenging. My Spanish ability is quite high and I like a challenge.

Cordoba or Medellin?

I am a NATIVE spanish speaker, and it is still easier for me to bang a Colombiana. Let's just say that by the time I bang one Argie girl, I've banged 3 colombianas. Colombianas just love sex, and do not see it as a reward or a carrot on a stick to dangle in front of you like Argie girls. They are as eager to get into the bedroom as you are.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Cordoba, hands down. Ive been to Medellin, and I got laid. Still, Cordoba.

I'd recommend staying for at least 2-3 months or more.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Quote: (02-20-2010 01:59 AM)armanid27 Wrote:  

I am a NATIVE spanish speaker, and it is still easier for me to bang a Colombiana. Let's just say that by the time I bang one Argie girl, I've banged 3 colombianas.
This was exactly my experience.

Quote: (02-20-2010 01:59 AM)armanid27 Wrote:  

Colombianas just love sex, and do not see it as a reward or a carrot on a stick to dangle in front of you like Argie girls. They are as eager to get into the bedroom as you are.

This was exactly my experience too.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Quote: (02-20-2010 12:58 AM)LatinStylez Wrote:  

Do you have any other websites for apartment rentals?

I search for many many hours, and that website I posted is the only one with a large selection of apartments. You can find a few more sites on google, but they usually just have a few apartments each. I searched in spanish too.

Also, can you share any of your experiences with the women of Cordoba?

Definitely! I'm gonna post soon about the girls in my other thread, and I will be posting often. You'll have a real good picture by september.

I know you mentioned pulling back to your place is easy but not a big deal... Well, when they are in your place you're definitely moving things forward a bit and it takes the pressure off especially if sex is not expected.
Yup, its a step in the right direction.
GringoEd brought a girl back to our apartment last week. Maybe he'll tell the story...

How is the Day Game in Cordoba compared to Medellin?
I was only in medellin for 2 weeks, so I dont feel like I know it as well as I know Cordoba, but I can definitely say that Cordoba has probably 3 times more day game opportunity. Hot girls are everywhere. But you will still get laid more in Medellin

Will September be busy in Cordoba?
From what my Argentine friend tells me, January is the only month thats dead. All 11 other months are great.
You probably want to avoid cold months. July is the coldest month. People tell me it actually snowed last year, just a bit. But thats extremely rare. September weather should be perfect.

You mentioned January was slow are there any other breaks during the year?
There is a one week break in July. But the students dont leave the city like they do in Jan.

I noticed when I was in Cordoba there were a lot of good restaurants and places to hang out within a close proximity.
PartyTime you're selling me on Cordoba...
Yeah, the quality of life is really great here! I just cant say enough about it.

Is anyone on here going to argue for me to go to Medellin?
I loved Medellin, and I will definitely go back. The weather is perfect every single day of the year. The girls are hot and relatively easy to get into bed, and they love to please.
But the lifestyle is simply better in Cordoba, and when your staying somewhere for months, that can be super important.

I'm fine with the fact Cordoba girls might be a bit more challenging.
My Spanish ability is quite high and I like a challenge.
Its definitely harder to get laid in Cordoba. Good Spanish will help.
For those who speak poor spanish, you can play up you American side and target the girls that would love to do an American. (They also love Europeans)

Cordoba or Medellin?

About Medellin and gaming colombian girls..

I've now been here for a bit over a month and my gaming success has been a bit of disappointment. I've got quite conversational with my Spanish and can now translate game into spanish as well. Also, picking up phone numbers from girls is like taking candy from a baby.. one day I got three phone numbers from very cute girls at university.

But then the problems start. Girls are super-flakey and it seems to take lots of time and effort to get them into the sack. I bet it'd be easier if I lowered my standards but when surrounded these super hot girls, I'm definately not gonna settle for anything less. I dunno where's the problem. I'm still in the process of cracking the code but any kind of tips would help, of course!

One disclaimer: I can't use all my days for "day gaming" or all my nights hanging out in the clubs: studying and sports take a lot of my time as well. So I hope it's not the only solution to go for the numbers game and hang out at malls and get like 10 numbers per day. The return for investment in that kind of strategy is just too low.

I can really recommend Medellin, though. Besides the great looking women, people are super friendly and climate is perfect. The colombian cuisine is nothing too special, though..

Cordoba or Medellin?

i would definitely choose cordoba over medellin for all the reasons listed above but also the fact that argentina is really the only latin american country with a strong middle class. you would rarely if ever see 3 colombian girls out on their own unless they were real upper class girls who because of their status would be even harder to get than upper echelon hoes in the u.s.
most of the girls out in colombian clubs or brazilian botecos are with guys because the income inequality in those countries make women oftentimes depend much more strongly on men. overall, i also prefer argentine culture to colombia although brazil still edges them out. but when it comes to price, there is no comparison.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Thank you everyone. Looks like I will be choosing Cordoba. If any of you will be there in September, please let me know. I'll stay there till January then head to Lima. How does the visa extension process work in Argentina? Would I have to leave and come back after my third month?

Mojodrew can you PM me your email?

Cordoba or Medellin?

Quote: (02-20-2010 06:54 PM)mojodrew Wrote:  

i would definitely choose cordoba over medellin for all the reasons listed above but also the fact that argentina is really the only latin american country with a strong middle class.

Excellent point. I think this is one of the main reasons of Cordoba having such a great lifestyle as I have been describing.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Quote: (02-21-2010 03:22 AM)LatinStylez Wrote:  

How does the visa extension process work in Argentina? Would I have to leave and come back after my third month?

It's a 90 day tourist visit, you can go to a neighboring country and come back for a renewal, there also is an office in cordoba where you can pay for an extension. I stayed in AR for four months without leaving or extending my visa, then left and went to Uruguay and was never charged a fine.

coffee is for closers.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Armanid, where'd you party in Medellin? I rocked la zona rosa and while it was pretty good, I felt like I probably could have done better in other territory.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Quote: (02-22-2010 12:07 AM)Mirrored Wrote:  

Armanid, where'd you party in Medellin? I rocked la zona rosa and while it was pretty good, I felt like I probably could have done better in other territory.

Zona Rosa (aka Parque Lerras) is too touristy, and packed with foreigners. I partied in an area called "Colombia Industrial" this is where all the locals hang out, and no tourists - so you will be a novelty there. English is not spoken anywhere - be warned!

For really easy bangs, go to la 70 in el centro, and just grab a table, order some cheap beer like a Colombiana or Aguila, and within MINUTES, you will have company!!!

Now, if you really wanna get some serious, and I mean serious bangs - head to Sabaneta!!! This whole area is flooded with women who do not see any gringos except on a silver screen. ;-)

Cordoba or Medellin?

Awesome info Armanid27. I wish i had known some of this before i went.

Quote: (02-22-2010 11:34 AM)armanid27 Wrote:  

I partied in an area called "Colombia Industrial" this is where all the locals hang out, and no tourists - so you will be a novelty there. English is not spoken anywhere - be warned!

I found this area in my last few days there. The girls were really hot there. i wish i had found it sooner.

For really easy bangs, go to la 70 in el centro, and just grab a table, order some cheap beer like a Colombiana or Aguila, and within MINUTES, you will have company!!!
Tell us more... The girls will approach you? How do they look?

Now, if you really wanna get some serious, and I mean serious bangs - head to Sabaneta!!! This whole area is flooded with women who do not see any gringos except on a silver screen. ;-)
Is Sabaneta an area of Medellin? Sounds interesting, tell us more...

Cordoba or Medellin?

armanid27 is killing it on the data sheets.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Not to take away from Partytime and gringoed's opinions of Medellin but they were there for a short time. To judge the "livability" of a city takes a while and I think Medellin ranks highly up there.

I think they are both great cities and have a lot to offer, so ultimately it depends on exactly what you want. If you like easier girls then probably medellin. If you like to try your hand on some beauties than maybe cordoba. Honestly I don't see a "wrong" choice as a great time can be had in either.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Are girls in Cordoba that much hotter?

Cordoba or Medellin?

Zona Rosa (aka Parque Lerras) is too touristy, and packed with foreigners. I partied in an area called "Colombia Industrial" this is where all the locals hang out, and no tourists - so you will be a novelty there. English is not spoken anywhere - be warned!

Armanid27

You really seem to know your stuff re medellin! I'm going there for the first time next month - is it safe for an obvious gringo with intermediate spanish to go to el centro and sabaneta in the evening by himself?? i heard it can get kinda hairy out there

I'll also be hitting up cali for a couple of days - i saw the other post you made on cali; can you recommend any nightlife there? i heard mango biche is nice but that there are many couples.

many thanks amigo! much appreciated

i'll make sure to come back with a full field report

Pete

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Cordoba or Medellin?

Quote: (02-23-2010 05:16 AM)zanetti Wrote:  

Armanid27

You really seem to know your stuff re medellin! I'm going there for the first time next month - is it safe for an obvious gringo with intermediate spanish to go to el centro and sabaneta in the evening by himself?? i heard it can get kinda hairy out there

I'll also be hitting up cali for a couple of days - i saw the other post you made on cali; can you recommend any nightlife there? i heard mango biche is nice but that there are many couples.

many thanks amigo! much appreciated

i'll make sure to come back with a full field report

Pete

I'd say Sabaneta is pretty cool, though I've only been out there once. And it felt safe. It really is fun to get out from Parque Lleras: many other districts just have much more genuine feeling to them. Nice bars with lots of locals etc.

As I told in my previous post, I've found the girls super super flakey here. Maybe it's because I've been mainly gaming the rich uni girls, but I find it very surprising when some people on this forum are saying that the girls are so easy and you can have a Day2 where the girl's gonna cook for you. I just cant imagine it with these girls. Maybe I really have to recalibrate my game and totally change the target group.

Barrio Colombia's clubs seem to be one of the best ones, but be sure to have girls with you - it's hard to get in to some clubs if the group's just consisted of males.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Quote: (02-23-2010 03:34 AM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Are girls in Cordoba that much hotter?

They're different. They're more european looking with lighter features, and more natural beauty. Medellin girls try harder with more make-up, high heels, etc.

There are also far more bangable girls (7+) that you will see every day in Cordoba than Medellin. Believe me, this is beyond what I imagined possible.

Cordoba or Medellin?

Medellin vs Cordoba
---------------------

Mentality: 0-1 (colombian guys are overprotective chumps. Girls have no sense of humour. Argentinians are on the hand nice people and cool to hang out with, though the girls can, as is natural for girls, be a bit difficult.

The city: 1-1 (both have a nice size, not too big or small)

Climate: 1-0 (Medellin's got an awesome climate with a spring-like temperature all year around, where as Cordoba can be relly hot in summer time and cold in the winter)

Girls looks: 0-1 (you see loads of fake breasts, lips, nosejobs and whatnot in Colombia and Medellin. And the girls almost dress like strippers or something. To me argentinean chicks just look nicer and more naturally attractive.

Ease of hooking up: 0-1 (believe it or not, I found Cordoba to be way easier. One evening I made out with four different chicks. Medellin seemed way harder - also due to the going out culture, where a girl almost always will go out with a couple of guy friends or "dates for the evening".

2-3

Close match, but Cordoba is winning on points.

Cordoba or Medellin?

I think I'm beginning to see a pattern. I spoke with 2 paisas who are both swimsuit models and solid 9s, and picked their brains on their opinions about gringos hitting on them. What I got from both (who don't know each other) is that foreign men or gringos whether you are from America, Europe or Canada have to first overcome the stigmata associated with a white tourist passing by looking to get laid. Gringos (white foreign men) have a bad rep of being whore mongers all over Colombia, as such, higher stratus women, or the ones that have rich parents, are highly educated or are getting hit on daily by the Colombian affluent men because of their beauty, will not be caught dead dating a gringo, unless he is part of the "rosca paisa" (more on that later).

Also, if she is well traveled, has a US visa (or better yet, green card), and comes and go as she pleases, then it all boils down to how she will be seen by her peers. Peer pressure is huge in Colombia among the upper class. The hotter the woman (and the more educated/well-traveled she is), the more social status AND educated the guy must be, so that she can bee seen as having a great catch amongst her peers (the rosca paisa).

Right out the gate, if you say you are in a hostel or even if you say a five star hotel, you are STILL a temporary passerby, who will eventually leave. By default, you are only looking to get laid (which is actually true) and they know this.

If you're a really good looking guy, many times they will still bang you if you're game is tight like Mr. G manifesto and yours truly =)

However, if you cannot even speak Spanish (or even dance), are in a hotel/hostel then you got to overcome these 2 hurdles FIRST! Being a foreigner is NOT enough to these high status/super model girls - they could care less.

This only applies to the really hot women 9+. The lower class, however, will go for your rap. Typically girls from the neighborhoods of: Bello, Manrique, Estrella, Sabaneta, and Rionegro poorer neighborhoods and la 70. They welcome the opportunity to be seen with a higher class gringo. And any foreigner, whether you work as a stockboy at Home Depot back home, is higher class to these girls.

So, I guess it is easy for me, because not only do I speak Spanish as a native language (and dance my ass off), but I also own a 2000sf Loft in Poblado which I stay in when in Colombia, and have friends that gave fincas in Rionegro and all over Colombia, along with many who own businesses to show high social status.

I am not seen as a passerby, but an international playboy who'd be a great catch, and a solid investment for the high stratus girls and mega models. Truth be told, I never planned it that way, it's just how it turned out for me.

My advice - if you are only there for a 2 week vacation, focus more on the hot girls in poor neighborhoods I just mentioned - forget about super models who have an apartment in Poblado or Laureles - these are more out of reach unless you are Daddy Yankee or some famous techno DJ.

Start making friends with local, high status men who are in a high social circle! They will introduce you around, and you will eventually be seen as part of what is actually called "la rosca paisa".

When I went to Argentina, it was tough for me to bang girls, I had to overcome the same thing! except that this time. I speak Spanish, but have to overcome the arrogant attitude among latino hierarchy that Argentinians consider themselves "better" than other latinos from other countries, regardless if you have a coveted USA passport!

Food for thought.