rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Romantic Love Seems to Be So Fleeting . . .

It's happened several times, for both my girlfriends and I, where one moment we're inseparable. So in love. And about 6 months later, the love kind of melts away and you don't even notice it.

Romantic love seems so fleeting. It's taught me to never depend on it. That things with women are almost never forever. What this has taught me is that the only love that truly lasts is the one for your family and best friends (to a lesser degree). Best to focus on them then some broad who's got flakiness built into her brain and sees it constantly nurtured in modern Western society.

I'm never getting married anyway. After coming to this decision, it's made things easier. I won't have to focus on making as much money as possible at a stressful job that I hate all to satisfy the whims of my fat, loud American wife. My soul, time and dreams won't get sapped by my sure-to-be ungrateful kids (it's near impossible for American kids to not be assholes these days). I'd rather focus my time, energy and money to help my family; my parents are both retiring soon.

What's the longest you've been in love with a girl? And was this before or after you took the red pill?

I know what you mean. My greatest fear with regards to marriage is waking up in the middle of the night, rolling over and looking at some bitch and wondering, "How the fuck did I end up here with her, and how do I get out?" To end up just being a glorified roommate of someone you can't stand anymore. Early on it's great, but yes, it dies a little bit at a time and I want to move on. Or take a break to try to renew what you had at the beginning. I really can't imagine myself married, though the prospect of a kid might appeal to me in the future. Mostly, I'd prefer chicks all over the world that I would have legitimate friendships with, and could drop in on and smash.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

sex definately loses its appeal after a while when fucking the same girl. for those who have kids with a girl they marry or have a LTR their girls bodies could change a lot; the pussy can get streched out, tits might sag, stretch marks could be present. in marriage and LTR people become comfortable and often gain weight although this is more of a western problem. ultimately some marriages and long term relationships work out for couples, but i believe they are in the minority. there is no reason to worry about being alone in old age; just save some money and move to a non western country and with a little game date girls in their 20´s or 30´s.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Serial monogamy.

Or parallel.

Quote: (10-11-2012 12:13 AM)megatron Wrote:  

It's happened several times, for both my girlfriends and I, where one moment we're inseparable. So in love. And about 6 months later, the love kind of melts away and you don't even notice it.

Romantic love seems so fleeting. It's taught me to never depend on it. That things with women are almost never forever. What this has taught me is that the only love that truly lasts is the one for your family and best friends (to a lesser degree). Best to focus on them then some broad who's got flakiness built into her brain and sees it constantly nurtured in modern Western society.

I'm never getting married anyway. After coming to this decision, it's made things easier. I won't have to focus on making as much money as possible at a stressful job that I hate all to satisfy the whims of my fat, loud American wife. My soul, time and dreams won't get sapped by my sure-to-be ungrateful kids (it's near impossible for American kids to not be assholes these days). I'd rather focus my time, energy and money to help my family; my parents are both retiring soon.

What's the longest you've been in love with a girl? And was this before or after you took the red pill?

Have you considered the idea that romantic love takes some work and isn't something that just occurs naturally forever?

That is normal and will happen in every relationship. The things that keep you together change after time. First, it may be lust then romantic love then later kids or finances until you feel you are too old to look for something better.

WAIT!!! RVFers believe in love???? WTF??? When did this place become a bunch of hippies [Image: dodgy.gif]

I was in love once for about 2 months before I started cheating. She caught me the first time and still stayed with me. This was like 7 years ago and it felt good while it lasted!

There was another time about 5 years ago and we were living with each other. It was good while it lasted but I got tired of her.

I was in love with a girl for about a year pre-Red Pill. I banged her for about three months before I fell in love. I didn't know game at the time but I was gaming her for those three months, and after I fell in love it was all down hill. Total beta move - she broke up with me after I graduated college and I feel like she wished it happened three months earlier.

Since then I know what a long and foolish path falling in love his. She has to have the perfect combination of looks, submissiveness, good sex, good blowjobs (not kidding about this one) and quiet intelligence - and you have to completely let your guard down. Haven't come anywhere near falling in love again now that I am conscious of how it happens.

I've been in love with a lot of women and have spent the majority of my adult life in relationships that lasted about 1-3 years.

Or, to be more exact, I spent the majority of my adult life trying to get out of relationships that lasted about 1-3 years.

To be completely honest, the feeling of being in romantic love is awesome, and if there was a way to preserve it, it might be worth a shot. I just find I ALWAYS lose interest at about the 6 month mark. The rest of the time usually entails me me stringing them along or trying to gather the balls to get out of it. I know I should just leave, but I have a real hard time hurting anyone and end up making it worse as a result.

Definitely something I need to work on - knowing how to walk away guilt-free early on. Or just not letting my emotions go in the first place, I suppose.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (10-11-2012 07:12 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

WAIT!!! RVFers believe in love???? WTF??? When did this place become a bunch of hippies [Image: dodgy.gif]

Well, acid freaks wearing beads and bandanas from the 60's don't have cultural proprietorship on love, it has been a consistent theme of poets, artists and western drama for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

Quote: (10-25-2012 12:45 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I just find I ALWAYS lose interest at about the 6 month mark.

Much of falling in love is like a biological mechanism to ensure enough pair bonding so that reproduction occurs. In that sense, its just a biological mechanism to keep the couple glued to each other for a time (around six months). It happened to me once and I didn't like it in that I felt trapped by that.

But it is good, perhaps the most naturally high and fulfilled you can be I think. (go reproduction!) Actually, I think western culture emphasises love too much in some ways - like a drug state. People want to find "love" [Image: confused.gif] , as if that's some sort of answer for them - when its generally short lived.

I don't think we have very good models in our culture for how to make this work and what it is exactly. (apart from a whole bunch of brain chemicals)

And the hamster, of course it wants this glue to be present! that is its validation! culturally validated as well! but is it so valid?

I believe more in connection, more in lust, in intimacy, than "love" in a lot of ways. love seems to come and go, but connection and relationship is deeper and more fundamental - maybe even more mysterious.

Having experienced many flavours of it I can say that love, like many other gender onteractions, is the toughest to find in the US. At least the type of love I suspect most RVFers pursuing as an alternative to just getting laid.

Quote: (10-25-2012 05:58 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Having experienced many flavours of it I can say that love, like many other gender onteractions, is the toughest to find in the US. At least the type of love I suspect most RVFers pursuing as an alternative to just getting laid.

It wasn't always this way in the USA...

My great-grandfather on my mother's side was married to the same woman for over 70 years.

When he died at 90, my great-grandmother was so heartbroken she died less than a year after him, at 92.

I've seen true love. It exists.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I don't really think you can find true love, where 2 people never even consider cheating, in America anymore.

I'd say my grandparents are fully in love. My grandpa turned 100 this year, grandma is 96 or some shit. They're fucking OLD. When one passes I don't think the other will carry on much longer. My grandpa is a total beta wimp (unlike my dad) but he and my grandma are inseparable. He told me, "We never went to bed angry at each other".

She had a stroke about 5 years ago and she's pretty out of it. Can barely move her body and she's going downhill fast. My grandpa, at the age of 100, still does everything for her, feeds her, helps her go to the bathroom, it's like taking care of a baby. He does it happily.

I've loved a bunch of chicks but it's not the same. I always want more. I'm in the same class as a lot of guys; totally emotionally manipulative just to get laid. I used to work with this guy and we were in mutual agreement: our goal was to get women to fall for us in the deepest way possible, make them worship the ground we walk on and do whatever we want, and then, and ONLY then, leave them devastated for the next new thing. It's fucked up but whatever, so am I.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I don't even know what that means. At this point for me, it's all about lust.

I'm just trying to bang as many women as possible.Maybe I fall " in love" in the process. I don't really care. I'll just marry someone but still always be hunting. I don't think I can ever be in love like in the movies and the books.

I know I have to get married because of the my background and societal pressure but I'll always be running game for life.I'll pretend to be in love so that we don't have to go through a nasty divorce.

Feel the fear..then do it anyway.