rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Direct Day game seems to work in Europe, but how about America?

Every time I see or hear about direct daygame, it's always some player in England or somewhere else in Europe. You rarely hear about someone regularly doing direct game outside of Europe, especially in America.

I've had more success with Indirect daygame than direct daygame here on the eastern coast of the good old USA. I've never left the country though. I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this. Any thoughts?

Quote: (09-14-2012 05:05 PM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

Every time I see or hear about direct daygame, it's always some player in England or somewhere else in Europe. You rarely hear about someone regularly doing direct game outside of Europe, especially in America.

I've had more success with Indirect daygame than direct daygame here on the eastern coast of the good old USA. I've never left the country though. I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this. Any thoughts?

I'm ripping this off from someone but I don't know who:

The larger framework here is that direct game is more suited to situations when her perception of your value is higher than than her perception of her own.

Big rock star "running into her" after the concert she just attended:
"Want to come to the diner with the band?"
Good.

Random guy on the street who isn't super-model good-looking and/or socially proofed:
"Want to come to the diner with me?"
Not as good.

The theory being you have to go indirect to build up via meta-communication your positive value ( attractiveness, confidence, social status markers) and decrease the potential danger ( rude, crazy, violent etc)

I'm doing direct day game here in San Diego. I've just passed the beginner stage and hit intermediate. By the time I was in my 300-400th approach I got my first lay from it.

I'm probably at a little under 500 approaches now. I'm starting to get replies from my number closes that are also turning into dates. I love doing daygame. I'm 35 and just went out with this hot 21 year old that I met. If I would have met her at a club/bar I doubt I would have gotten a 5 minute conversation from her.

I do direct day game in SF, and recently started on a regular basis. I've probably done about 100 sets this summer. I definitely feel I do better in day game with girls who would probably blow me out in night game. In my late 30s, and have gotten positive responses and numbers and dates from girls in their early 20s.

I am not really interested in Indirect, although I haven't read Day Game yet. It may work wonders. I just don't feel right going indirect ever, but I guess I'm gonna have to at some point, because indirect works better the bigger the age difference.

Quote: (09-14-2012 05:32 PM)Thug Muffin Wrote:  

I'm doing direct day game here in San Diego. I've just passed the beginner stage and hit intermediate. By the time I was in my 300-400th approach I got my first lay from it.

I'm probably at a little under 500 approaches now. I'm starting to get replies from my number closes that are also turning into dates. I love doing daygame. I'm 35 and just went out with this hot 21 year old that I met. If I would have met her at a club/bar I doubt I would have gotten a 5 minute conversation from her.

Where do you find is good for Day Game in SD? I am down there on a regular basis, and I was thinking maybe the mall downtown?

My wing tried fashion valley mall and got blown out of 12 sets in a row, whereas he does quite well in Daygame in SF.

Quote: (09-15-2012 02:42 AM)Sugar Wrote:  

Where do you find is good for Day Game in SD? I am down there on a regular basis, and I was thinking maybe the mall downtown?

My wing tried fashion valley mall and got blown out of 12 sets in a row, whereas he does quite well in Daygame in SF.

I typically go during my lunch break downtown. I did the mall for my first 200 approaches. Now I stay away from it though. It just reminds me of Junior High kids hitting on girls. Weekends are tough here though. I like hitting up festivals, PB Boardwalk, and farmers markets. My best interactions typically happen during the work week though.

simple pickup derp?

I could see that. Europeans like to enjoy the afternoons in the sun.
They don't work 12 hours days like the Americans do.

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-15-2012 02:40 AM)Sugar Wrote:  

I do direct day game in SF, and recently started on a regular basis. I've probably done about 100 sets this summer. I definitely feel I do better in day game with girls who would probably blow me out in night game. In my late 30s, and have gotten positive responses and numbers and dates from girls in their early 20s.

I am not really interested in Indirect, although I haven't read Day Game yet. It may work wonders. I just don't feel right going indirect ever, but I guess I'm gonna have to at some point, because indirect works better the bigger the age difference.
I definitely hear you on direct. It just feels much more natural. The beauty of day game is that it is just you and her. No cockblocking BS nor tons of distractions.

The downside is that a girl is sober and she might come up with even more disqualifications toward meeting up with you. If she is into u and doesn't care...then its def a good sign.

Eastern European, imo, seem to def like direct the most.

I don't think direct day game is effective in America. Otherwise veteran players like Roosh and Paul Janka would be big proponents of it.

I know Krauser is a big direct day game guy but read his blog - all his bangs are Eastern European. He spent a month in San Diego and San Francisco and his blog was remarkably silent in that span - didn't get laid once.

American girls have been conditioned to view direct come-ons from "random" men as creepy and cheesy. Direct day game more effective on non-Western girls who have an entirely different mindset and view direct compliments as charming, manly and romantic.

Quote: (09-17-2012 10:47 PM)Juan Antonio Wrote:  

I don't think direct day game is effective in America. Otherwise veteran players like Roosh and Paul Janka would be big proponents of it.
Not necessarily. Its the whole community. Most aren't big proponents on direct game at all. I'd say it depends on the area in America from what i've seen. Some places it will def not be effective vs others. Plus indirect is easier for the first time learner since it gives them set tactics. Direct, you don't have that luxury because if you use full out scripted routines with it...it's gonna come off incongruent.

Quote:Quote:

I know Krauser is a big direct day game guy but read his blog - all his bangs are Eastern European. He spent a month in San Diego and San Francisco and his blog was remarkably silent in that span - didn't get laid once.
Those are just two cities. Has he tried the East Coast, Midwest and the south with it? His niche could very well be Eastern European women. Plus he's just one dude...there are others who have done direct game in those cities and have gotten laid.

Quote:Quote:

American girls have been conditioned to view direct come-ons from "random" men as creepy and cheesy. Direct day game more effective on non-Western girls who have an entirely different mindset and view direct compliments as charming, manly and romantic.
I wouldn't say that. Most women don't know how to react to a random direct approach during the day at all hence them being uncomfortable because its unexpected. Its then our job to then get them more at ease and more comfortable.

Plus take into account no matter what style you use, eventually when you get the number....its just the battle of social conditioning....and even if the guy did nothing wrong.

I've been doing Direct Game for ages and get more than sufficient results with it. That's pretty much 99.9% of my approaches. I'm in California. Although I have done indirect approaches here and there (REALLY rare occasions)--with positive results--I find that I feel better not bullshitting around. I'm 37 and I generally go for girls between the ages of 18 - 25...girls that would be considered 8s -10s on the from-1-to-10 scale. I find that Direct gets me massive positive results. Maybe it has to do with congruency.
As Sugar said, Indirect just doesn't interest me. My experience is that women seem to LOVE it when there's no beating around the bush...at least when it's ME not beating around the bush.

Quote: (09-18-2012 08:32 PM)Mon Wrote:  

I've been doing Direct Game for ages and get more than sufficient results with it. That's pretty much 99.9% of my approaches. I'm in California. Although I have done indirect approaches here and there (REALLY rare occasions)--with positive results--I find that I feel better not bullshitting around. I'm 37 and I generally go for girls between the ages of 18 - 25...girls that would be considered 8s -10s on the from-1-to-10 scale. I find that Direct gets me massive positive results. Maybe it has to do with congruency.
As Sugar said, Indirect just doesn't interest me. My experience is that women seem to LOVE it when there's no beating around the bush...at least when it's ME not beating around the bush.

Whats your direct style? Can you give some examples?

yeah tell something more i'm always interested in more expressive straightforward style

That surprises me because European men are fairly popular with girls in San Francisco. And European men who dress well, forget it, they can get laid here without even trying.

I had a very beta British roommate, who constantly propped women up on a pedestal, yet he got laid regularly because of his accent and also because of his excellent style.

I still think night game is much better for closing, but if the girl's into you, she's into you.

Quote: (09-19-2012 03:12 AM)starmaze Wrote:  

Whats your direct style? Can you give some examples?

Quote: (09-19-2012 03:39 AM)XXL Wrote:  

yeah tell something more i'm always interested in more expressive straightforward style

Yes. Please describe for us where you are meeting these young 8s, 9s, and 10s and what a few of your typical approaches are like. How do you open them? What do you typically say?

This again.... I spent 7 days in Pacific Beach in early December, just after the students had all gone home. There was no-one around to open. I simply haven't put myself to the test in the US.

Jon Matrix did, one of the top London guys (check out the Daygame.com blog from about 2 months ago for his US videos). He did the usual London direct style and told me it works fine but NY is not as good for daygame because it's too much of a sprawl relative to European cities. There's just not enough footfall per hour in any given space.

This is my experience in NYC. I pull mostly 6's and 7's with the occasional 8. I incorporate it into my day. I'm "on" as soon as I step out the door. My job requires a fair amount of local travel so the oppurtunities are there. I almost always go direct, since most girls I meet are on their way somewhere and literally have only a NY minute to give me. So, I most often number close and follow up. I find the direct approach to be congruent with my personal style and those types of situations I've had a few insta-dates but no same day lays, yet, but we're working on it. He he. My major gripe with this is that the work is back loaded. The approach and number close is easy as compared to indirect game, but then I have to put in a fair amount of time in following up with the text/phone call qualifications and shit tests. "No I don't approach every girl I see in the street. There was just something special about you sweetheart so I just had to talk to you."

As to Krauser's associate's experience, I have to disagree. There are certain areas of the city with immense foot traffic such as Times Square, Grand Central Station, Greenwhich Village, (lots of students and bars), Chelsea, etc. I'd have to think lack of familiarity with the city led to that conclusion.

Quote: (09-21-2012 01:48 AM)Krauser Wrote:  

This again.... I spent 7 days in Pacific Beach in early December, just after the students had all gone home. There was no-one around to open. I simply haven't put myself to the test in the US.

Jon Matrix did, one of the top London guys (check out the Daygame.com blog from about 2 months ago for his US videos). He did the usual London direct style and told me it works fine but NY is not as good for daygame because it's too much of a sprawl relative to European cities. There's just not enough footfall per hour in any given space.

If there isn't enough foot traffic in NYC, then the rest of America is basically off-limits for direct game.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Broadway on Soho is absolutely endless with girls. Hot ones too.

Quote: (09-21-2012 10:19 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

If there isn't enough foot traffic in NYC, then the rest of America is basically off-limits for direct game.

"relative to London" I should've added

Quote: (09-21-2012 06:35 PM)Krauser Wrote:  

Quote: (09-21-2012 10:19 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

"relative to London" I should've added

In general in NY there are more people around than in London, go to the West Village, Union Square, Bryant Park. All of these are full of people on a sunny day. Your friend is probably not familiar with the city.