rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

US teenager sticks head out of party bus, hits underside of overpass, dies

Bet this was messy. Gonna be a closed-casket funeral, I'm sure.

Quote:Quote:

FORT LEE, N.J. - A U.S. teenager headed to a Sweet 16 party was killed after he stuck his head out of the emergency hatch of a double-decker bus and hit the underside of a highway overpass in New Jersey, police said.

Daniel Fernandez, of Sayreville, New Jersey, was among 65 teenagers aboard the bus Friday night as it crossed the George Washington Bridge from New York City, said Al Della Fave, spokesperson for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The 16-year-old was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

The accident occurred at an overpass on Interstate 95 at about 6:30 p.m.

Alex Franco, a security guard on the bus, told the Daily News that he had warned the teens to leave the hatch alone.

“I told them not to open the hatch, like three or four times, but kids, they don’t understand,” he said.

Franco said he went downstairs to tell the driver that it was getting too hot.

“It was very hot. Everybody was dancing. Two, five minutes I was downstairs,” he said. “Then I heard two guys screaming, ‘Oh, my God, oh, my God.’”

Designer Transportation, which operates the bus, expressed its “deepest heartfelt sympathy” for the boy’s family. It says it plans to conduct an internal investigation.

http://www.therecord.com/news/world/arti...rpass-dies

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Darwin Award 2012!!

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Sucks. Stupid as sticking his head out might have been, he was just a kid having a good time with friends.

Sad to hear it.

I can smell the lawsuit. But common sense says don't stick appendages out of a moving vehicle.

[Image: mistakesdemotivator.jpg]

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

I hope that they do not punish the transport company or the security guard. The guy was an idiot and it is only his fault that he offed himself.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I tried to come up with a one liner for this, but the best I could come up with was;

"I guess you could say... he should've used his head"

Quote: (09-01-2012 01:53 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

Darwin Award 2012!!

Was my first thought after hearing about it.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

So Bad Luck Brian was a real guy.

This just in, kids family awarded 2.7 million dollars and the security guard was fired. Family is contemplating a civil suit against him for negligence as well. Clearly not their sons fault.

I remember something like this happening in downtown Toronto a couple of years ago with a rented regular bus or party bus...guy stuck his head out the window, then the bus started moving forward and hit his head against a pole or something.

Quote: (09-01-2012 01:53 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

Darwin Award 2012!!

My exact thought on reading the heading alone.

Quote: (09-01-2012 06:58 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

This just in, kids family awarded 2.7 million dollars and the security guard was fired. Family is contemplating a civil suit against him for negligence as well. Clearly not their sons fault.

Conclusion: if you're a "child" (despite being 16 years old), a woman or a minority, you are never responsible for your actions.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

From now on whenever a passenger gets on that driver's bus he'll ask "where ya be'headin?"

ya I know, too soon.

People shouldn't be allowed to sue for this kind of shit. It really ticks me off that these families think they're entitled to millions over an accident that was the kid's own damn fault. There's a lot of things wrong with the times these days.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Link? I can't find evidence of this anywhere

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (09-02-2012 05:09 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Conclusion: if you're a "child" (despite being 16 years old), a woman or a minority, you are never responsible for your actions.

Tell me about it... Minorities get away with shit all the time.</sarcasm>

Quote: (09-02-2012 09:49 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Link? I can't find evidence of this anywhere

That's because I made it up.

Quote: (09-01-2012 02:39 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

[Image: mistakesdemotivator.jpg]

The sad thing is that many many 'mistakes and warnings' of this exact type have occured already.

My father told me when I was a young boy never to stick any appendages outside of a moving vehicle of any kind. He told me a horrific story of when he was on a school bus and a boy was riding with his head out the window, and hit a telephone poll on the side and it was completely ripped off.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Not sure if it happens a lot in america but i read a similar story every year/two years in Europe.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (09-02-2012 05:09 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Conclusion: The United States Justice system is broken.

In NYC we used to have many cases of this in the subway with kids "trainsurfing." They'd climb up on top of the subway cars and lay down and ride through the tunnels. Every now and then you'd have someone knocked off or beheaded by a signal light or something.

Bottom line, these kids were warned several times, and one of them STILL stuck his head out. Of course, the parents will sue and claim there should have been a lock on the hatch, thus defeating the purpose of having an emergency hatch in case of an accident and they need to get out of the vehicle in a hurry. This is tragic and sad, but neither the bus company or the guard should face repercussions from this. Family and friends are just going to have to live with the fact that he did something really careless and lost his life. Cautionary tale if there ever was one.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Im tired of people suing over everything.

Quote: (09-02-2012 07:13 PM)houston Wrote:  

Im tired of people suing over everything.

You'll be hearing from my lawyer:

The Law Offices of E. Mechanico III
Over 30 Years' Experience in Harassment

[Image: attachment.jpg7568]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter