rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Aesthetic Masculinity

Aesthetic Masculinity

http://www.alternativeright.com/main/blo...sculinity/

Hey guys, I was wondering what people's opinions on this article were. I'm not a troll, I buy into the ideas of the manosphere in terms of the manner in which you produce sexual desire in the opposite sex. At the same time, I do feel that 'being a man' and 'masculinity' has become diluted by mainstream American culture. And even within the manosphere, I feel as if there is too much clinging to consumerism and allowing that to define 'being alpha'.

I think a discussion about this will help a great deal. What does it mean to be masculine today? Is it really just a list of products that must be consumed, along with big muscles and performing body language? I think masculinity has been warped by feminism and the invasion of female values. And I believe those twin issues have a role to play in this constant concern of producing a 'masculine' appearance.

I'm still trying to sort through my thoughts on this. Any contributions would help.

Always be trolling

Aesthetic Masculinity

Check out the book "The Way of Men" by Jack Donovan. It strips manhood down to it's basics and examines what it truly means to be masculine.

Aesthetic Masculinity

Finally!!!!

A post about MASCULINITY!!!

I am so sick of hearing about stupid femininity and the shortcomings of women. We should be focused on how to make ourselves better, not pointing out the flaws in non sexy women.

Instead of complaining about women, bang them!

Aesthetic Masculinity

The website disagrees with me for the most part. The manosphere is about men being masculine, and most of the articles I found were too palatable from a political perspective (i.e, they could easily appeal to women). I also don't agree that "big muscles" are a product like drinking beer and chasing women supposedly are. They're evidence of effort. "Life as an Adult Male" has to have some muscle.

Aesthetic Masculinity

Quote:Quote:

Aesthetics is for show, but only real work is for real men.

If you're not slaving away, you're not a man. [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Aesthetic Masculinity

Quote: (08-17-2012 06:11 PM)Hades Wrote:  

The website disagrees with me for the most part. The manosphere is about men being masculine, and most of the articles I found were too palatable from a political perspective (i.e, they could easily appeal to women). I also don't agree that "big muscles" are a product like drinking beer and chasing women supposedly are. They're evidence of effort. "Life as an Adult Male" has to have some muscle.

You see, I feel as if we're within a crevice. On one hand, life as an adult male should thereby produce muscle and a fit body. Unfortunately, due to the conveniences of our times and the movement away from physical work, having a fit body and having muscle has instead become an engineered result. While still evidence of effort, the very reason for the existence of a well built body is mostly for appealing aesthetics (striving for muscle definition and whatnot) rather than practical strength. And I think primarily working towards the production of a particular image betrays a nervousness and preoccupation with appearance that is feminine and not masculine.

I guess the assumption that underlies what I just wrote is that femininity is overly concerned with looks and appearance. I just can't help but think that aesthetics should be secondary to men and always be a side effect of a lifestyle. In that, you dress in a particular manner due to the lifestyle that you have achieved, you appear in a particular manner because of your choices...Masculinity should not be concerned with the ultimate result of choices but instead concern itself with making decisions and being active.

To back up a bit, I'm starting to think that femininity is largely passive and always the receiver, while masculinity grafts and is active. Masculinity is an agent of change. I am NOT speaking about females and males, I'm simply talking about masculinity and femininity. (Side note: I think that masculinity is an individual's prerogative to claim, but that due to history, it is the male's burden to define).

So consumerism, defined as the consumption of commodities, and the manner in which products can determine identity today, renders consumers as passive and feminine. You buy a BMW 750Li and the vehicle determines your status, your identity. To put it crassly, that BMW is sticking his dick in you. That BMW was the agent of change. You just received the signage associated with the BMW.

I'm still think about this. And I'm not sure if I'm entirely comfortable with everything I wrote.

Always be trolling