rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is the line that has to be crossed for you to start fighting someone?

I've only gotten in one legitimate, all out, total war. fight in my life. The other night someone was acting really disrespectful toward me and I managed to put an end to it, but the whole incident got me to thinking about at what point do I draw the line? I'm glad I didn't end up throwing a punch and resolving simply by voice raising and coldness, but some situations may not be that easy.

My question to this forum's guys: What crosses the line? What is the point where you decide words must be tossed aside for fists of fury? At what point will you decide, OK, THAT's IT, THIS GUY IS GOING DOWN! It's fine if your answer is never. I don't get in fights, but we've all been in situations where someone disrespects you or your girl in a blatant way and you have to decide what to do. Usually the guys doing this stupid shit are idiots or drunk, but I'm a firm believer in treating others how you want to be treated AND the eye for an eye code, so, if someone really disrespects somebody I think its their right to stick up for themselves, even violently need be. What are your guys thoughts on the matter?

A believable threat, or an assault on me or assault on another person.

I have a few scars from random late night scraps, it is a fairly common occurance in the UK, fighting like a duel is very uncommon though, usually 4 or 5 guys jump someone, or 1 guy randomly attacks a dude and his pals watch. You can get a feeling for it and adapt to avoid it though.

He hits me or one of my friends. I'm a big dude and I can take care of myself, but I avoid fights over unnecessary shit.

I don't see myself throwing the first punch. I would have to be under attack.

1. Knock my drink out of my hand. That triggers me for some reason.
2. Get in my space aggressively. Weather you just wanted to play badass or not I'm not going to argue or wait. You're going to be on the floor in the next two seconds wishing you didn't do that.
3, Spit at me or in my direction
4. I think you're plotting to fuck with me later. I'll follow your ass in the bathroom and smash your face into the urinal.
5. I don't like you. Sometimes people just need an ass whoopin.
6. Fuck with my car/stuff.
7. Doing shady shit.
8. Banging on my door aggressively sets me off
9. God forbid you mess with my kid. Emergency room is your next stop.
10. Taking a dominant stance with me for white knighting purposes
11. I've crossed this of my list but if you tell a girl I'm dating shit about me to try and fuck her.

Fighting for ego isn’t worth it and it is illegal. You don’t need the legal problems. Here in Mexico both parties are automatically thrown in jail and have to make bail. In fact, I know someone who was with a buddy who got in a fight and both of them were thrown in jail even though he didn’t do anything. That’s why I am so careful of who I associate with when I am in a third world country. I have been practicing Shotokan Karate for 30 years and can handle myself in a legitimate self defense situation. Everything else I walk away from.

Rico... Sauve....

Mainly if someone trys to hit me or does hit me. I don't usually get upset with just talk, but if someone decides to hit or trys to hit me that is where I draw the line.

The only problem with being open to fighting is that it distracts you from pussy. The fighting mentality takes you out of the game mentality.

The body language of the person I'm interacting with. There are a lot of subtle clues that I look for, and if I see a couple of them, you're getting punched in the the throat and I'm laying the boots to you.

1. Flushed cheeks, or flared nostrils.
2. Lowering of the chin (instinctive animal reaction to protect the throat).
3. Target gaze (the person stops looking you in the eye and they start looking at your chest or throat).
4. Hands start to fidget or slight tremor (adrenalin induced response).
5. Clenched jaw or fists.

If I pick up on this I play it off until you're within arms reach, and make my move. Even though I'm a big guy, I refuse to let you make the first move on me. Be quick, be cruel, and be GONE. Do not stick around after a fight.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I've only been in two legitimate ones, neither of which were for any good reason. I got the better of both of them, but both were wastes of time.

I've had guys get mad at me and had some haters in college, but I just don't give a fuck and I'm taller and bigger than most so they don't do anything. I'd rather socialize and get my mack on.

That being said last fall I was ready to throw down. A brother of this chick I used to bang came up and pushed me and his friend dumped a drink on me. However, the bouncers kicked me out instead. Most humiliating time of my life. I waited outside with total blood lust and rage, but when he came out my lineman buddy held me back because there were cops down the way. That dude has it coming if I ever see him again.

Quote: (08-17-2012 09:43 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

The only problem with being open to fighting is that it distracts you from pussy. The fighting mentality takes you out of the game mentality.

I felt this way one day at a party a guy got mad at me because I was having a great time talking to all the girls at a party at our house.
He was mad and wanting to fight because supposedly I was talking to a chick he had made out with earlier. He didn't say shit about it and the girl was talking to ME either way. So he came right out wanting to fight.

The whole goddam party was ruined because of that idiot. And I looked like a pussy because I did not want to fight, I wanted to hook up. Lesson I learned is, at a certain point you have to fight.

They'd probably have to throw the first punch. There's a good chance I'd backturn and leave before a fight broke out.

It usually takes A LOT of pressure before I'll start swinging. I've never been first to swing in a fight, but once another dude decides to swing on me, it's game on in a way that WILL have his ass on the floor wondering what the fuck he was thinking.

So yeah, it pretty much takes another dude to start swinging before I'm ready to fight.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Probably if a person puts their hands on me but there are other non physical acts that can get on my nerves too.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Last fight a guy was in my friend's face. I said something, he got in my face, I hit him.

If you're close enough to hit me, then I am going to hit you.

When in a bar, I deescalate things. I'm a good talker and have a sense of when things will pop off.

I enjoy fighting, but am not trying to catch a case, so I don't do it.

People who fight have nothing to lose. They've been to jail. They don't care about being sued.

(Never fight a guy with a neck tattoo or who is ugly. He's already been rejected by polite society. If he's ugly, he won't think anything about chewing your face off.)

Generally speaking, if you avoid poor people you won't get in many fights.

Last night I was at the gym with a buddy. It was just us, he had the key and we were shooting shit (ie. doing 154lbs thrusters). Some kids, gone on something fucked up, walked in off the street and started messing around brazenly. There were only 3 of them, but there'd been episodes of knifing and I wondered if I should be worried. They left when we herded them towards the door, but immigrants, especially teenagers, move in large packs and often are looking for trouble - they know most people are pussies so they want to see who they can cow and they do absolutely outrageous stuff that'd set any self-respecting man off. Often times, just looking like a meathead can get these kids to rush you.

If I was outnumbered I'd either a) run like hell or, if cornered b) go beserk and hope to take them by surprise (and that they don't have a knife).

Only time I ever was in a fight was when some douche I'd befriended earlier thought it'd be funny if he used a belt to swat me while I was picking my phone off the ground. I grabbed him by the collar and socked him as hard as I could in the face.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Sports is a big one. Can't tell you how many arguments over pickup basketball escalated into fists being thrown. Other than that, a threat or physical confrontation made against me, family, or close friends.

I'd only fight to protect myself, my loved ones, or my property. That is, someone has to be attacking us or physically taking away my stuff and is ready to fight for it. Thankfully we live in a society where stuff like that doesn't happen often.

If someone is talking shit just to talk shit because they're angry, I'll just laugh and walk away. I feel sorry for those guys because they feel like they have something to prove or aren't getting pussy or both.

If something legit happens (step on his toes, spill my drink on him, fuck his sister), I try to seriously talk it out. I'll say "what's up" before the yelling happens but not in a mocking way trying to look for a fight. In a sincere way. Usually that calms most rational guys down even if they're drunk.

I treat fighting like a life or death situation. That means that if I'm going to fight, someone is going to the hospital, and I'm doing everything in my power to make sure it's not me. For that reason, I avoid fighting at all costs.

Things that will set me off:

1. Trying to strike me.
2. Invading my personal space in an aggressive manner.
3. Not heeding my verbal warnings.
4. Taking the wrong tone with one of my weaker friends.
5. Bringing violence to a place it doesn't belong (i.e. 2 people getting drunk and fighting at a friend's house).
6. Fucking with my pets.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Quote: (08-17-2012 01:17 PM)hoops330 Wrote:  

Sports is a big one. Can't tell you how many arguments over pickup basketball escalated into fists being thrown. Other than that, a threat or physical confrontation made against me, family, or close friends.

Where do you live? I've seen many fights in pickup basketball.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (08-17-2012 12:57 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

Only time I ever was in a fight was when some douche I'd befriended earlier thought it'd be funny if he used a belt to swat me while I was picking my phone off the ground. I grabbed him by the collar and socked him as hard as I could in the face.

Where did his belt hit you?

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (08-17-2012 02:06 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (08-17-2012 01:17 PM)hoops330 Wrote:  

Where do you live? I've seen many fights in pickup basketball.

I live in Ohio. With so much testosterone and aggression pumping on a basketball court, soccer pitch, or football field fights are bound to breakout. Usually over the stupidest things one could imagine.
"You touched the ball last"
"No I didnt. Fuck you."

Fighting to me is like the ultimate eject button for the evening. Once a fight breaks out, the night's over, done with. For that reason I'll avoid it at all costs. I just go out to have a good time.

Lately though I've been more outspoken about not tolerating horseshit. Several weeks ago some drunk asshole was threatening one of my favorite bartenders who refused to serve him. He said he was going to take him outside and beat his ass. My bartender buddy didn't give a shit, just said, "Fuck off, too busy for you." This guy was standing right next to where I was sitting and he wasn't having it and kept yelling at him, so I stood up (couple inches taller) and told him to get the fuck out of the bar and if he really wanted to fight I'd be happy to oblige. He kept his finger pointed at me and walked off with his friend while he yelled at me, "Fuck you, pussy!" I just laughed.

I'll only fight if someone initiates physical contact first, which could just be a poke to the chest. One one occasion it was a guy getting in my face, literally an inch from my face.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

More than anything I hate it when a fight breaks out in a club. It annoys the living hell out of me because the shit is not game......I just don't want to be that guy. Talking shit doesn't phase me but I have and will throw if a guy puts has hands on me in anger.

Quote: (08-17-2012 02:07 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (08-17-2012 12:57 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

Where did his belt hit you?

Cracked that belt right across my dernier... I think I only hit because of the alcohol. Otherwise I wouldn't have dared/would have thought better of it.

A year from now you'll wish you started today