rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I need help finding these boots.

This is pretty much my look.

[Image: kellan-lutz-burbank-airport-08-560x838.jpg]

[Image: 5bbb564108c4a0e2_615kellan.jpg]

It's modeled after Kellan Lutz and supports a rugged and heavier frame. I'm just having some trouble finding the right boots. I've been lucky enough to find similar lace up boots that zip up to my calves, but the prominent feature of the boots is the buckle. I seriously can't find boots that have a buckle, and when I do, it just doesn't have the right placement. It's usually too high and hides away in my pants cuff.

[Image: Kellan-Lutz.jpg]

Notice the placement of the buckle is lower so it appears under the cuff.

Apparently, he wears these:

[Image: 412nSN2-gaL._AA280_.jpg]

[Image: jump-mens-tim-boots-large.jpg]

Both the boots that I've been able to buy, the lace ups, I've been really lucky to find on sale. Both boots were nearing the 200 dollar range and both of them I've payed no more than 23 dollars. I've bought one pair at Macy's on a Memorial Day sale, a black suede Kenneth Cole pair, and the other from Steve Madden in the clearance section, a brown worker looking boot (However it's very uncomfortable. So uncomfortable that it started hurting my ankle in a sharp way and I had to take two days off work. I had to take Aleve before working today) I don't shop much, so finding boots on sale was pretty awesome. I've been to Nordstrom Rack, Ross, Marshalls, Macy's, Nordstrom, Clarks, and still can't find anything remotely close to these shoes.

So does anyone know a website where I could find them? (preferably in black) I have never shopped for something online, so it'd be great if I could get a heads up on one that's referred to by a lot of people. I think a reasonable price is under one hundred. And I'm hoping shipping won't cost too much. (It'd be lame if I have to pay shipping and pay shipping to return them.)

P.S. Also, if anyone knows what fit jeans he's wearing, or brand, that would be also helpful. I worked at Levi's for a day and scored a free pair of blue jeans, 54's I think.

Thanks guys!

Zappos. The have a good selection, free shipping, and a no-hassle return policy. Go look and tell us if you find them.

Problem is: these are probably super-fancy designer boots. There's an off-chance they're Diesel, but I have a sense they're more expensive than that.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Re this guy, from an interview in Perez Hilton:

"I don’t Google myself, but I’ve heard that people think I’m gay. I’ve heard it all. See, I don’t really go after girls. Most of the girlfriends I’ve had have come after me. So it’s really funny when girls get offended because I don’t hit on them. They’ll transform their insecurity into, 'Oh, that makes sense, because I heard you’re into guys and have a boyfriend.' I’m like, 'Seriously? That’s your tactic to get me to like you?' There will always be rumors, but I know who I am."

He must live in a different world.

I'm probably the resident boot expert here, so my suggestion would be:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p...r&_sacat=0

[Image: attachment.jpg7264]   

A healthy, cheap alternative. Keep your eye out on 6pm.com and ebay. Probably the best places to buy on the cheap. Keep an eye out on Frye boots also.

Try Johnston and Murphy. They make a nice quality shoe and boot.
Very very comfortable and stylish. A+ from me.

http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/category.aspx?s=Men&c=624

I got a pair for half price on Amazon with my Amazon prime account.

Team Nachos

there is only one answer for this

frye harness

http://www.thefryecompany.com/mens-boots...?color=CHO

^^^ I have a pair of those also. Quality craftsmanship.

Shoto boots are great.

http://www.shoto.it/
http://www.shotoshoes.com/

Those boots are raw. I would email hollywood and found out what's going on.

You know they have a lot of independent designers around it could be something like that.

I would try and contact the guy is that possible?

I wear these Daytons. Oiled up they are darker but still have a gunslinger quality to them. Bullet. Fucking. Proof.
[Image: Lowrider2007C.jpg]

I come from an old school biker/ cowboy/ oilman family who take their boots very seriously.
Daytons all the way.

Quote: (08-15-2012 02:19 PM)Laner Wrote:  

I wear these Daytons. Oiled up they are darker but still have a gunslinger quality to them. Bullet. Fucking. Proof.

I come from an old school biker/ cowboy/ oilman family who take their boots very seriously.
Daytons all the way.

daytons are awesome, last forever if you take care of them at all. Not a cheap boot but the quality speaks for itself.

I don't even own a pair of dress shoes. It's nice to see members on the forum showing knowledge of boots.

to the op, you might wanna look at some sendra boots, they're not cheap but not overly expensive either, very nice boots overall, I have a pair that look very similar to the ones you've laid out but I don't think the fronts as squared off as the ones you've given as an example but I'm sure they've got some more squared off types.

http://shop-boots.com/sendra-boots-2944-...ebox-black

Quote: (08-15-2012 06:19 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I don't even own a pair of dress shoes. It's nice to see members on the forum showing knowledge of boots.

I actually prefer dress shoes to boots. I drive a stick and I have a hard time hitting the clutch wearing big Frankenstein looking boots. They don't bend too much at the ankle.

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-15-2012 02:19 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Daytons all the way.

I need to find a pair of these and start rocking them regularly. My dad was a motorcycle mechanic and a semi-truck driver and wore cowboy boots constantly when I was growing up.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I ended up buying these (edit: but I'm going to return them):

[Image: born-bronson-boots-leather-for-men-in-gr...01~220.jpg]

Their okay. I bought them for 130 (including tax) when they were originally 180 (which would've been around 200 hundred bucks!). I give them a 7 out of 10 on the feel. They're biker boots and I don't own a bike. When I first stepped into them, I noticed they were roomie which kind of sucked honestly. I always imagine boots to feel like I'm stepping in a room like I know shit's going down and all eyes are on me. When I walk into boots that feel like a size too big, I feel like I'm a kid running around in my dad's shoes. But! They only felt like that because I was wearing ankle socks. Luckily, I have one pair of normal socks, the type that go past your ankles. They feel okay now. They feel like they fit.

The issues I'm having are 4 fold. 1. It's really warm. I know they're winter boots, but geez, it's a sauna down there. 2. Even with the right socks, they're not super tight, like when I wear lace ups. 3. It's really frick'n comfortable. They have this pillow'y cushioning that makes it feel like I'm walking on a cloud. It's like a really soft mattress. I like the insides of my shoes to be firm and because I've had issues with shoes that were too soft, my knees and lower back started hurting. I've had this problem with vans, and it annoyed me that I bought a pair of vans and wasn't able to wear them past a week. I like a firm bedding, not a pillow. 4. There's no buckle! This is the big issue, because there's no way to tighten the boot. I'm thinking about asking them to do something like this:

[Image: 05_modelo_12_sendra_boots_01.jpg]

Just so I could tighten that middle part. And so I could have a cool looking buckle.

So I still have the receipt and I'm going to spend the next few days walking around the apartment in them, because I honestly haven't made up my mind about them yet. Especially if they start hurting due to the excessive cushioning, I'm not trying to build a relationship with them.

What do you think?

Just an fyi, these were my last pairs of boots:

Kenneth Cole Reaction, Hunt In Boots.

[Image: kenneth-cole-reaction-mens-hunt-in-man-boots-16263.jpg]

I loved these boots, despite the gray patch. I bought them for 23 bucks and they were zip ups, lace ups, and felt tight around my foot. I could wear them forever and run in them. If the sole of the shoe didn't turn into a 40 degree slant from over usage, than I wouldn't have ever bought another pair of shoes. They looked badass.

Steve Madden

[Image: 60d15f7bb80b5481102d1c56be37e2a2_best.jpg]

When turned up they look like this:

[Image: steve-madden-casual-shoes-gammbler.jpg]

It's a totally badass looking shoe. It just hurts like hell! It's really tight on the shoe, and because I bought them on clearance, I can't return them. But psssh it's a 200 dollar shoe for 23 bucks.

It's been about 2 hours, and honestly, I've made up my mind already to return the biker boots I bought. The padding is just too soft and it's hurting my lower back, the bottom of my feet, and even my butt. I'll wear them around the apartment in case anything changes, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to return them.

Yeah, plus the price was 130. I'm pretty sure I could find a cooler looking boot on sale for around that price. That they're very boring to look at.

I guess the journey continues. . .

(I really didn't mean for the pictures to be so big.)

Quote: (08-15-2012 11:06 AM)reaper23 Wrote:  

frye harness

Seriously guy, try these. I know they are a little pricey but they will literally last forever. I have had mine for years and they show only signs of improvement.

They are the ultimate in bad ass boot, simple, original, and american hand crafted for over 150 years.

I got compliments on them all the time and people always notice them.

Quote:Quote:

Seriously guy, try these. I know they are a little pricey but they will literally last forever. I have had mine for years and they show only signs of improvement.

They are the ultimate in bad ass boot, simple, original, and american hand crafted for over 150 years.

Frye does make a good boot. And they are cheaper than the Daytons if price is an issue.
But the OP mentioned he wanted an adjustable buckle so I would recommend an engineering type of boot instead of the harness strap.
[Image: f5ee9578-80f4-4687-91f0-b18add28b515.jpg]

Quote: (08-16-2012 06:19 AM)reaper23 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-15-2012 11:06 AM)reaper23 Wrote:  

frye harness

I think i'm the only one who isn't a frye fan...I've bought a couple boots from them through the years and the leather is so freaking hard it never breaks up and softens. My daytons once worked in are a thing of beauty. Sendras same thing. I've got some higher end boots that already came in baby soft leather, they won't last worth shit but they look and feel amazing but my fryes, 4 years and counting on my last pair still feel like the first day I put them on, stretched and pulled bounces back and im struggling for 10 minutes to put them on, still looks like I got them out of the store. I gotta find a way to soften them or I'm just gonna trash them I can't take them as a strict work type boot especially I don't do work that requires them.

I'll agree with the frye's not wanting to break in. The problem I have is with the high heel. I sprained the fuck out of my ankle in mine, and haven't worn them since. Keep in mind it was already injured, and I was drunk stumbling back to the house. My ankles are weak from countless injuries, so I look for the best support. Never sprained in Nason's for some reason.

As far as boots go for ankle support, and trust me, I've worn just about all of the best, is Oakley 8" tactical. Expensive, but been through 2 pairs and counting. Used for work though, not for swooping. But the first boot I'd want in a street fight. No shit. The traction is superior.

To the rest of the thread, I like what you guys are throwing on the table. Got me thinking about another pair of something. Nason just isn't coming up with something I like the last year or so.

I think i'm the only one who isn't a frye fan...I've bought a couple boots from them through the years and the leather is so freaking hard it never breaks up and softens.

Yeah when Frye started getting big again a few years back I tried on a pair that a friend had bought. He loved my Daytons but didnt want to drop the cash on them so he went Frye instead. At that point he was in them for a couple weeks and when I put them on I was not too impressed.

Granted his were motorcycle black rebel types but yes the leather was hard as fuck and looked like they were meant for a polish instead of an oil (I need oil on my boots for the rain) so that alone killed them for me. But Frye does have a lot of different types of boot, so who knows.

As for me, as long as I buy boots that need to stand up to biking, rain, and shitkickings it will always be Daytons. My boots felt like slippers and I walked right out the factory with them on my feet feeling invincible.

i have the 12R harness and a pair of lace up combat boots from frye. love them both and find them very comfortable. the combat boots break in a little more but the harness seem great to me. have had them each more than two years and they look the same as when i got them, or better.

maybe this winter i'll branch out and try daytons.

If you live in place with snow make sure you get the proper tread sole. It rarely snows where I live but when it does my Daytons are dangerous.

So I solved my issue with the brown boot by getting in soles. I wrote about it on my in sole thread. I think everyone with any minor or major issue with their shoe should get a pair. They were super cheap and significantly helpful. I was ready to spend between 50 to 80 dollars on in soles. Mine costs 16 bucks.

Quote: (08-17-2012 06:41 PM)Laner Wrote:  

If you live in place with snow make sure you get the proper tread sole. It rarely snows where I live but when it does my Daytons are dangerous.

I see you know your boots, what are your thoughts on Red Wings. I dropped over $200 on a pair last winter and love them to death.

Dayton's are more expensive, correct?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com