rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any pros or benefits about getting into the game late?

I am currently 28 years old and I was a teenage virgin (no dates, no kisses, no sex, no nothing). Lost my virginity when I was 20 (on a vacation).

Reasons?

- Went to an All Boys school for middle school
- Homeschooled for high school
- Family constantly moved around when I was little so no childhood friends or nothing
- To save money, I went to a college which was not that far from home and didn't go through the whole living in dorms while going to college procedure
- Parents were pretty strict on raising me

When I first hit the dating world at the age of 20, I was in a 1 year LTR with this decent looking girl. Broke up with her because I felt empty, it is like I am young and need to be hitting on more girls right?

Right now I am doing well for myself (managed to have success in a country a lot of people say is hard for players) but I guess a part of me always thinks back to what if I had gone to a normal high school and had the typical upbringing.

Now I know a lot of players get into the game early and lose their virginity at a very early age but are there any pros as to heading into the game late?

It depends on what you've been doing instead of getting into the game.

If you've been working on yourself to get a good job in a good location, that's not a bad place to start.

You could also say that with the little experience you have, you have fewer misleading pre-conceptions so that it will be easier to accept the game and live through it.

Wald

First, it's never too late to apply many of the principles of game (with experience, you'll arrive at the principles that suit you, while others may not). As long as you intend to interact with women, game is not only useful, but necessary.

One of my best friends had similar experience growing up, in that he was sent to an all-boys boarding school in Canada as a boy, because his dad wanted him away from a really rough section of Brooklyn, NY. To this day, he blames the fact that he was unable to socialize and learn about girls/women for his struggles in dealing with them, and inability to understand them. He also went to a Jesuit college, so men and women struggle to socialize in that environment also. His major problem is his stubbornness, and the imposition of certain limitations (won't deal with women with children, no matter how old they are, and limits the races of women he'll interact with). He lacks the patience and will to work through certain female-related nonsense to get what he wants. Don't do the same. Keep your mind open to certain principles and you'll do just fine. From what you write, you're not exactly starting from zero.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (08-02-2012 03:57 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

First, it's never too late to apply many of the principles of game (with experience, you'll arrive at the principles that suit you, while others may not). As long as you intend to interact with women, game is not only useful, but necessary.

One of my best friends had similar experience growing up, in that he was sent to an all-boys boarding school in Canada as a boy, because his dad wanted him away from a really rough section of Brooklyn, NY. To this day, he blames the fact that he was unable to socialize and learn about girls/women for his struggles in dealing with them, and inability to understand them. He also went to a Jesuit college, so men and women struggle to socialize in that environment also. His major problem is his stubbornness, and the imposition of certain limitations (won't deal with women with children, no matter how old they are, and limits the races of women he'll interact with). He lacks the patience and will to work through certain female-related nonsense to get what he wants. Don't do the same. Keep your mind open to certain principles and you'll do just fine. From what you write, you're not exactly starting from zero.

how is the kid doing?

As for me, I consider myself to be good at this now.

Quote: (08-02-2012 04:06 PM)LobbyWin Wrote:  

how is the kid doing?

He's still bitter, angry and always complaining about women. And he's not a kid, he's in his early 50s! That's why the excuses are no longer valid. I'm glad to see that you're doing well. This is what men are on Earth to do - hunt and fuck women.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (08-02-2012 04:10 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

how is the kid doing?

He's still bitter, angry and always complaining about women. And he's not a kid, he's in his early 50s! That's why the excuses are no longer valid. I'm glad to see that you're doing well. This is what men are on Earth to do - hunt and fuck women.

He HAS lost his virginity right? HAS HE?

This is like asking is it too late in life to starting exercising and getting in shape [Image: smile.gif]

Went through that all boys school nonsense. Good education and all that, but not worth it. That was high school though. All boys middle school and home school for high school is a tough one, but it doesn't matter...

What's cool is that you're coming into some potentialy really good years as a man.

I'll be damned if I ever send my kids to all boys school... wack.

since when is 28 too late?

Your not even in the golden years yet man, game on.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Quote: (08-02-2012 03:22 PM)LobbyWin Wrote:  

I am currently 28 years old and I was a teenage virgin (no dates, no kisses, no sex, no nothing). Lost my virginity when I was 20 (on a vacation).

Reasons?

- Went to an All Boys school for middle school
- Homeschooled for high school
- Family constantly moved around when I was little so no childhood friends or nothing
- To save money, I went to a college which was not that far from home and didn't go through the whole living in dorms while going to college procedure
- Parents were pretty strict on raising me

When I first hit the dating world at the age of 20, I was in a 1 year LTR with this decent looking girl. Broke up with her because I felt empty, it is like I am young and need to be hitting on more girls right?

Right now I am doing well for myself (managed to have success in a country a lot of people say is hard for players) but I guess a part of me always thinks back to what if I had gone to a normal high school and had the typical upbringing.

Now I know a lot of players get into the game early and lose their virginity at a very early age but are there any pros as to heading into the game late?

You missed a key time for accidentally knocking a chick up and them keeping it. Almost all my friends who started out real early (15-17) ended up being single baby daddies with child support payments (most of them to women they can't get along with) by their early 20s.

I had a late start.

I spent my younger years building a career.

It was to my advantage, as having a career and a certain amount of spare change makes a lot of logistical problems disappear.

What I have found is that starting out late can put a chip on your shoulder, like don't know how to describe it but when they say "making up for lost time", they mean something.

Quote: (08-02-2012 04:12 PM)LobbyWin Wrote:  

Quote: (08-02-2012 04:10 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

how is the kid doing?

He HAS lost his virginity right? HAS HE?

No no no...he isn't a virgin, but he has difficulty dealing with women. He takes their behavior, and the disappointments from their behavior too personally. He doesn't exert enough control over his relationships with them.

ah well, is he single or in a relationship or does he got lucky here and there? kinda reminds me of this kid I am trying to coach right now

He's single, but occasionally gets ass from a long-time girlfriend that he's on and off with. He just doesn't get NEW ass. EVER. He was actually engaged to a chick in Florida a few years ago, but he didn't handle that right. He was going back and forth to Florida for years to see this chick. Bringing her gifts and shit. He helped her buy her house. He went ring shopping with her. He'd bring her things, and instead of saying thank you, she'd ask why he didn't buy her a card too! When his mother was sick with cancer, he had to delay his plans to move down there with her because he needed to stay at his job. It was well paying, and he had tons of opportunity for overtime. He needed it to help with her bills. She actually got angry, and gave him an ultimatum. She essentially broke up with him because he chose his own family that was in crisis over her. She worked for an airline, so she could fly for free, yet NEVER flew up to see him. He always had to pay to fly down to see her. She flew up for his mom's funeral, but I don't think she ever did before that. He even asked her once, that if their relationship depended on her flying up to visit him, would we have had a relationship? She said NO. And he didn't break up with her on the spot. He should have told this selfish bitch to fuck off YEARS before, but didn't know how to take command of a relationship and make a bitch work for HIS happiness, instead of jumping through hoops, only to get dumped when he really needed HER.

From what I've seen on this board, a disproportionate share of players over the age of 30 have been late-bloomers.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

One of the advantages of starting late can be having your life sorted out to some degree already.
Having built a business or being at an advanced point in your career and thus having some discretionary income is a better starting point for building solid inner game than when one is fresh out of high school and living in his parents basement. One might have also sorted out daddy/mommy issues at that point, figured out what he wants in life etc.
Having said that the early one starts the better as it simply takes time to get good at being a man - there's a saying that it takes 10 thousand of hard work to get good at anything, and game is not an exception to this rule, right?