rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What do you tell your family about game?

This is maybe a weird question but I just got a really long email from my sister about all the stuff shes doing, and its nice keeping in touch and everything, but at the moment Im more or less 100% focussed on game, so I can either write back a senseless balls email about nothing or just actually tell her what Ive been up to.

The thing is with the non-initiated/women, talking about game doesnt feel right, I know she wont understand and will take it as me having some kind of a melt down, but on the other hand I think Im pretty much done with pretending Im not chasing poon, and I think Id feel a lot more alpha about myself if I just said straight up "I dont have a girlfriend because Im boning three girls". What do you guys do, are you close enough with your family to be more or less honest or do you just not mention the women? I guess my question is how do you talk about your lifestyle with your family?

I don't.

It's been covered on the forum. Family and friends won't understand. That's why it's called the red pill. Or put another way:

"To those who have had the experience, no explanation is necessary. To those who have not, no explanation is possible."

If anyone asks, I just say, "Things are going well." and change the subject.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

This same topic has come up 2 or 3 times, and I can't understand why you would need to talk about this with your family? "I dont have a girlfriend because Im boning three girls" is not a sentence you really need to speak to your sister. Does your sister tell you how many guys dicks she sucked this month?

Just tell your sister what you have been up to. Working, going to the gym, going to the bar, whatever. If she specifically asked you about girls, you could say "No, I don't have a girlfriend. I'm seeing a couple girls, but nothing serious." and leave it at that.

It might just be me, but I really don't think you need to discuss game with your family. Maybe it's because I come from an old school biker family so my mom/sister know exactly how I am and see my lifestyle as a "mans" lifestyle. Drinking, fighting and chasing girls is what men do in my family. If I didn't do these things, they would think I was weird.

Quote: (07-15-2012 11:37 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

This same topic has come up 2 or 3 times, and I can't understand why you would need to talk about this with your family? "I dont have a girlfriend because Im boning three girls" is not a sentence you really need to speak to your sister. Does your sister tell you how many guys dicks she sucked this month?

I should have searched before posting, and no I wouldnt have used that phrasing, I was paraphrasing the intent to be honest about my lifestyle. And I would prefer it if you didnt mention my sister sucking dick.

I get that no experience equals no understanding, but for me getting into game represents a fairly big divergence from normal modes of life that you cant discuss with your family, old friends, anyone you think of as being close.

Quote: (07-15-2012 11:37 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Drinking, fighting and chasing girls is what men do in my family. If I didn't do these things, they would think I was weird.

If its implicit in your family than thats something different, but if it isnt, but its not something you are ashamed of, why wouldnt you be honest about the fact that you have multiple relationships or whatever it is that youre doing. Its because its not socially acceptable conversation, right?

I dont know, Im not sure where Im going with this, but I do think that once you get into game it creates a divide between you and everyone else that isnt doing something similar.

Quote: (07-15-2012 12:09 PM)Forza Wrote:  

I dont know, Im not sure where Im going with this, but I do think that once you get into game it creates a divide between you and everyone else that isnt doing something similar.

Well DUH

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

If its implicit in your family than thats something different, but if it isnt, but its not something you are ashamed of, why wouldnt you be honest about the fact that you have multiple relationships or whatever it is that youre doing. Its because its not socially acceptable conversation, right?

No one told you to be dishonest. There is a big difference between saying "I'm seeing some people, but nothing serious." and "I'm a player and I am fucking three different girls at the moment". Both are honest, but why would you need to elaborate more than that? That is really all you need to say, and leave it at that. Why do you feel the need to discuss it further?

Like I said, unless your sister (who you are way too sensitive about) is going into depth about her sexual exploits, why would you need to go in depth about yours?

NEVER EVER TELL NOBODY IN YOUR LIFE ABOUT PICKUP

just STFU and spare yourself drama, stupid discussions, objections, endless questions and overall pain in the ass. resist temptation at all cost. no matter how cool you will describe and how self actualized you will come across, people will just associate that with 'the game', weird nerds, creepy fucks, etc.. fuck this alpha/beta shit. yeah, you will feel alpha.. BUT ONLY YOU. the rest of your world will label you as womanizer and ridicule you like you can't understand. this pickup stuff is like talking to christians/catholics about zeitgeist's "religion as the greater story ever told" topic.

treat it like fight club.. the first rule of fight club is.. (the same as the second)

but if you really need to explain what you do to your family or friends then use lame politically correct excuses that they can wrap their head around like..
- i'm looking for love
- i can't fall in love so i'm searching more
- i want to find GF what's wrong with that?
- i want to find myself

Quote: (07-15-2012 12:44 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

No one told you to be dishonest. There is a big difference between saying "I'm seeing some people, but nothing serious." and "I'm a player and I am fucking three different girls at the moment". Both are honest, but why would you need to elaborate more than that? That is really all you need to say, and leave it at that. Why do you feel the need to discuss it further?

Like I said, unless your sister (who you are way too sensitive about) is going into depth about her sexual exploits, why would you need to go in depth about yours?

Yeah fair enough, it was a badly worded question, and I dont want to be explicit with any of my family.

Quote: (07-15-2012 12:41 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

I do think that once you get into game it creates a divide between you and everyone else that isnt doing something similar.

Well DUH

Look all Im saying is that this is quite a big thing right, it can take over your life and then the people from before, family but actually I guess more importantly friends, are excluded from big aspects of what you are doing, which is a shame and something Ive only just realised but I guess thats true of any big changes you make to your life. Youre obviously both right just divide what you talk about with different people.

Just saw your post XXL, its like the Roosh post on most people want you to fail. Well fuck it then, what can you do, Ill just chat to you guys

I guess I'm an idiot.

My family knows.

Yep you read that right. Everyone knows, they know every girl they see is just going to leave soon. They know it is EXTREMELY unlikely that they'll ever see grand kids from me.

The best part? They encourage it.

Why? Because that's "GAME" convince anyone and everyone of your beliefs. That's "game".

The only people you need to lie to are people who have iron clad beliefs against it. IE: super pussies, for my profession... clearly work is the only place where i lie.

But what do i know i am just a 20's something "kid".

As always, if people SEE success over and over and over and over they can't help but give up... Now you've won.

Quote: (07-15-2012 01:22 PM)Forza Wrote:  

Just saw your post XXL, its like the Roosh post on most people want you to fail. Well fuck it then, what can you do, Ill just chat to you guys
well i don't see it's relevant to the issue of people wanting me to fail. i just see how people react to anyting remotely close to any kind of psychology oriented topics. they just get weirded out the second i drop some raw knowledge about human nature etc. they can't handle it.

just look around at people in general how they process the world. or your friends. or your family. are they really open minded robust individuals with abundance mentality and consciousness about their ego? yeah right..

with few exceptions i know it's better not to talk about certain topics openly with people

Not you specifically, he was talking about how most people will resent other people they see as more successful than them, that think originally or are genuinely pursuing their goals, which in my experience is about right.

Y'all are crazy.

The most liked person in the history of this forum had mega bank.

Trick is for people to like you no matter how successful you are.

Shit I just pulled a kid off this forum and in 3 meetings went from
Day 1: awkward day Convo
Day 2: Dancing and showing how to be the man of a city
Day 3: tons of numbers and almost having sex in the club itself!

You think he is going to throw me under the bus any time soon or hope that I fail? No. I am making him happier with his life. You should do the same.

If you make everyone around you better you will never have haters.

Even so I still gave him a fake name ha!

Quote: (07-15-2012 02:55 PM)Forza Wrote:  

Not you specifically, he was talking about how most people will resent other people they see as more successful than them, that think originally or are genuinely pursuing their goals, which in my experience is about right.

48 Laws of Power: Law 4 - Always Say Less than Necessary

Quote: (07-15-2012 02:59 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Y'all are crazy.

The most liked person in the history of this forum had mega bank.

Trick is for people to like you no matter how successful you are.

Shit I just pulled a kid off this forum and in 3 meetings went from
Day 1: awkward day Convo
Day 2: Dancing and showing how to be the man of a city
Day 3: tons of numbers and almost having sex in the club itself!

You should make a post about this. Sounds inspiring. [Image: smile.gif]

I agree with West on this one.

I remember texting my mom that I had sex on the beach with my FB for this summer. She texted me back,

"Don't get caught playing hide the salami"

It annoyed me that my mom said that at first. But she didn't even snap at me. The only time my mom or stepop use my gaming success and failures against me is when they are really pissed at me.

Just speak of game in a positive way to your family and I'm sure they will respect your decision to live life in that way.

Teach your little cousin how to get a number. Go to the club with your little bro and tell him to dance with those girls next to them.

Doing things like that just makes talking game to your family a little less odd. And if they don't accept it, then just sell the lie and live the truth.

Nope.

The first thing you want to understand when discussing topics with your family is that appearing fearful or vulnerable is the best way to get into a weeks-long argument or schism. Just say something like "I cannot marry because the dating market and marriage laws are so horrible for men", and generally leave it at that.

Quote: (07-15-2012 03:05 PM)Nineteen84 Wrote:  

48 Laws of Power: Law 4 - Always Say Less than Necessary

There's often very little to gain from saying more than the minimum. I would sometimes entertain people with stories of my escapades, but came to realise that sharing them was mostly about needing validation.

I'll tell friends who understand, but to everyone else I just keep it simple.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

It's pointless. My mom asked me yesterday why I want to travel so much. She said you should get married, have kids and then go traveling. I can't think of a worse thing.

My dad tells me to get married asap.

My sister thinks I'm a whore and disgusting, but she doesn't hold it against me. I'm honest with her since I want her to know what some guys are like. I cringe at some of the things the guys she dates do for her (flowers, multiple high priced dates, etc.) Ironically she is still willing to set me up with her friends, but they are all prudes and given the "image" they all care about I'd never get a bang.

My brother gets it a bit. But he doesn't fully embrace it.

My uncle gets it. He was a natural when younger. Different girls every night, living it up, girls paying for him, etc. Gave into the pressure, I remember his mom and family yelling at him to get married and give it up. He finally caved, and is outrageously unhappy, almost got divorced and just tells me all about his banging stories. I feel for him.

One of my clients gets it. Knows I love to bang and travel. His niece is smoking hot, I'd love to do something about it but not sure how to go about it. Met her a few times at social events, everyone there said they noticed she was into me. Still, dangerous territory because of the relationship to my client. Last I heard she was dating some guy with a Bentley. Even if I did go after her and got her, I couldn't just pump and dump for the reasons stated. Not that I'd want to, given her hotness.

My friends, some get it some don't. I've noticed the ones that do best with girls are either 1) very bold, or 2) smooth talkers. Commonality is high sense of style. Those that get it never are happy when they LTR it up. They always come back. Except one, who married way up with a very stand out blonde girl. He still games girls then stops short of any physical contact. I actually strategize my dates/bangs/plans with him almost with every girl.

They don't ask about my life, I don't tell. I know that they have a fairly strong traditional view on relationships, though they're pretty accepting about anything I do. That being said, my family doesn't know shit about my life. At most it's something like:

"How was your night?"
"Yeah, pretty good."

It's difficult/constricting living back with my parents again, but soon I'll be moving out again, and shit will be going down with full force.

Quote: (07-15-2012 02:09 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

I guess I'm an idiot.

My family knows.

Yep you read that right. Everyone knows, they know every girl they see is just going to leave soon. They know it is EXTREMELY unlikely that they'll ever see grand kids from me.

The best part? They encourage it.

Why? Because that's "GAME" convince anyone and everyone of your beliefs. That's "game".

The only people you need to lie to are people who have iron clad beliefs against it. IE: super pussies, for my profession... clearly work is the only place where i lie.

But what do i know i am just a 20's something "kid".

As always, if people SEE success over and over and over and over they can't help but give up... Now you've won.

West has a point. My family knows as well. But as I said, it's normal for me. I've always been like this. I didn't "find" game and start going after girls, I always had girls.

I think it is good if your family knows, but don't let them know by TELLING them. Let them know by SHOWING them. I.E., just live your life and they will see what's up eventually. If you start talking about game with them, and you haven't always been like this normally, they will just think you are weird.

Be cool, bang chicks, and your family will not need to ask you whats up, they will all see what's up.

Like Rio has been saying, you don't go into fucking details. You don't want to hear about your mom's sex life or whatever else either. But if you remove the psychopathy and venom from describing your game, and just put in a common sense tone, you'll be surprised how much people will agree with you about red pill principles. I've gone into MRA-style rants about how I don't want to get a marriage licence, how guys get raped in custody battles, how most kidnappings in the developed world are from custody battles and so on with my mother and first dates and a they agree with me. One date said "Yeah, I wouldn't really want to do that either if I was in that position" and that date went pretty well. You got to remember women are human beings too.

I think a lot game principles add some psychopathic shock value so it feels more truthy, or it's coming from beta rage, but if you just spin it the right way, most will agree with you.

When you know how to frame things to your advantage, you can tell anyone anything.

I always talk to both my family and girls about social dynamics and they all enjoy it. The key is to just talk about social dynamics,lol not just pumping and dumping chick's.

I teach my parents how to get ahead at work and with their friends and even pointers for their own marriage. My little brother is a Mack with the knowledge and my sister can spot a lame dude from miles away. If you have red pill knowledge and understand it enough to help your family, why not? The key though is how you frame it or they will think your nuts. slowly hit them with the truth

Deleted

Just give it a positive spin, everybody likes the charming seducer, e.g.
- I'm just dating around, I met a lot of different girls, but none of them was "the one"
- all these girls like me so much, it's hard to pick just one...

Usually male members of the family are very understanding, I had my uncle high-fiving me when I told him about all the different girls I've been seining, he said he was just like that before he got married. Parents may be less understanding, especially as you get older, since they want grandkids.