rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Federal govt to cap the number of male STEM majors by 2014

Aaaand it’s here—the war on boys in education has entered its next phase:

http://www.openmarket.org/2012/07/10/quo...n-science/

Quote:Quote:

"Quotas limiting the number of male students in science may be imposed by the Education Department in 2013. The White House has promised that “new guidelines will also be issued to grant-receiving universities and colleges” spelling out “Title IX rules in the science, technology, engineering and math fields.” These guidelines will likely echo existing Title IX guidelines that restrict men’s percentage of intercollegiate athletes to their percentage in overall student bodies, thus reducing the overall number of intercollegiate athletes. (Under the three-part Title IX test created by the Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights, where I used to work, colleges are allowed to temporarily comply by increasing the number of female athletes rather than cutting the number of male athletes, but the only viable permanent way to comply with its rule is to restrict men’s participation relative to women’s participation, reducing overall participation.) Thus, as Charlotte Allen notes, the Obama administration’s guidelines are likely to lead to “science quotas” based on gender."

The upshot: the Obama administration is expected to cap the number of males permitted to major in STEM subjects by 2014.

You know that 60/40 gender split on college campuses? Expect it get worse now—which has been the plan all along.

This is a little hard to believe. Can someone chime in and explain by what mechanic the dept of education is able to place and enforce such quotas?

I would expect some sort of bill to be passed, but the wording suggests otherwise.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

College campuses all over North America are notorious for their feminist driven agendas, this doesn't come as a shock to me as i was a biomedical student, recently graduated, and let me tell you that most of my science classes had a large number of females already in it.

Ironically most of these girls struggled the most in these classes, asking help from professors AND their male colleagues. You should've seen the stupidest questions i was asked by some of these girls to help them with.....

Basically, gender differences regarding mental abilities will always exist, regardless what feminists say or do and they can limit the number of males enrolling STEM all they want, producing less CAPABLE individuals graduating from these fields, who are by NATURE efficient at critical thinking and problem solving in STEM.

Overall, advancements in STEM fields IMO are going to be hindered or in best case scenario will be extremely slowed down. In fact, if we were still at the "arms/technology race" era, between the U.S and former U.S.S.R, such law would've been ridiculed.

As many before me have said this, i'll say it again, not that i am an opponent of global wars and conflict, but in peaceful times, when men are not needed, feminist agendas proliferate like cancer.

No words can describe the stupidity of this......

I really hope Canada doesn't follow the US in this regard.

guys going to college should then enroll in STEM fields ASAP!! your value as an engineer/scientist will skyrocket and companies will be paying through the nose for STEM grads. Capping male admissions will NOT increase female participation AT ALL, the women who go into them anyways are the bottom of the barrel, ugly as fuck that have to overcompensate through education. Only exception is eastern european girls, they're the only hot girls I've seen in engineering/math/physics and they have bitch shields on titanium as they're the only hot girl in a class of 200+. This will force the supply of STEM grads to record low levels, after the cold war STEM enrollment has dropped and flatlined. Engineers in canada can pretty well guarantee themselves a 60k job at 40-50s hrs a week. In areas that are booming like the oilsands these companies are almost on their knees. My friend in mech engineering was telling me these companies would host dozens of events with gourmet dinners, all inclusive booze, etc. to try and snag ANY engineers with offers of 100k+, it's nuts. Sometimes I wish I was an engineer.

Good economic news for the rest of the western world!

Quote: (07-12-2012 11:11 AM)storm Wrote:  

This is a little hard to believe. Can someone chime in and explain by what mechanic the dept of education is able to place and enforce such quotas?

I would expect some sort of bill to be passed, but the wording suggests otherwise.

Public University rely on grants (bribes), so basically the Govt simply just pulls or restricts funding if schools don't do what they want. The Dept of Education in America is easily the most defunct and wasteful sector no other agency has seen such steep budget increases with continued drop in performance nationwide.

You give the Pentagon money at least they will buy you bombs and go start wars in far flung places. Give the FDA money at least they will get more food into Americans even if it is shitty and bad quality.

Give the Dept of EDU more money and test scores plummet, tuition costs go up 300%, and youth proficiency tanks to some of the lowest in the developed world.

Would this effect Private Universities? I would think not. Top crust schools will still be able to do their thing. Stanford isn't going to be capping shit any time soon.

So the next question is: When is the Govt going to cap females in nursing classes to give me an artificially better chance at getting in? I really want to be a nurse and right now these programs are 80% females...... I just want mt equal rights.

Quote: (07-12-2012 11:36 AM)torontokid Wrote:  

No words can describe the stupidity of this......

I really hope Canada doesn't follow the US in this regard.

Canada always follows if doesn't initiate a feminist gesture first......hmm i wonder where "slut walk" originated??

ok, this is probably the first thing that has REALLY riled me up since i joined the "manosphere".

STEM fields are at the forefront of a countries economic development. I went to one of the top schools in the US for stem fields and saw the harsh realities of this life.

STEM men are supposed to be the saviors and the most stable guys possible, yet most people I knew couldnt get laid to save their life. College is where i first found out that the "normal" path of "get a good education, get a good job, marry a good wife" is a hot lie. I'm about 6 years removed from college graduation yet, through facebook, I still see that most of our technological saviors are either fucking whales or not fucking at all. Who wants to be a nice obedient engineer after that? Especially when all the girls you know, then and now - are still fucking the same assholes and the only solution your logical mind can come up with is to be an asshole so you can fuck. In the last few years when my game really improved, I fucked some hot girls, I also, admittedly, fucked some uglos, but I did it all while worrying little about my career and operating out of a tiny apartment, with a roomate. 6+ figure job - not needed. Asshole swagger, numbers game = happiness, or at least, self satisfaction.

But I digress, I'm talking, ok, ranting, about my own experience as a man in the stem fields, but what about those poor, unrepresented women in the stem fields? what about them? those poor souls???

Except they're not poor souls at all.
The state of Georgia (I went to Georgia Tech), has a program to encourage high school girls to choose stem careers. I remember their tour groups touring our campuses. And, to be honest, I liked it - of course the STEM fields could use more women. But after seeing Georgia's exhaustive program try to pull out all the stops to get more women in STEM fields, here were the results: that fall's freshman class was 69.8% male, instead of the college wide 70.3% and this was seen as a huge success by school administrators.

The women that are actually IN the school each have about a squad of 20 people that make sure they graduate and never feel lost, they are coddled every step of the way. There are societies for women engineers, womens centers, and campus regulations meant to bring them up. I know about the regulations, because I almost got kicked out of my schools housing because some girl complained that I awkwardly hit on her. My friend, who worked in campus housing, had to save my ass.

If that's not enough - due to the unbalanced ratios, there is a huge percentage of women that simply skate by on the generosity of betas - beta male friends that do most of their projects and homework, beta teachers assistants that give them extra attention.

And guess what happens? After 4 years - the job search starts, and the big tech companies that visit us for their job fairs eagerly hire women with a 4 year degree from a top school (they actually think they earned it, HA), so that they look like a "progressive tech company that hires women, we're not like those other 'boys clubs', see how progressive we are?"

it's disgusting.

And now - they want to tell me that ALL OF THIS IS NOT ENOUGH? that to encourage more women in stem fields, we have to physically limit qualified men from participating?
HOW THE FUCK DO I OPPOSE THIS? I have never been politically involved, I have never protested, signed a petition or wrote to a senator, but I can't sit idly by as America's science and technology resources are squandered. I have pride in American Science. We gave the world Edison, we gave the world Bell Labs, we gave the world the personal computer, and now we are about to blow it all.
Can some of the more politically active forum members please PM me on where I should start in opposing shit like this? I would be eternally grateful.

Science is not about gender, it's about research and results.
And yes, I know that women are underrepresented in STEM fields, and it would be great to see more of them participate, but NOT at the expense of other qualified people. That is unacceptable.
I know this might sound naive, but I believe its possible to prop someone up, without bringing someone else down and creating resentment. That is never ok

Quote: (07-12-2012 12:10 PM)Kid Strangelove Wrote:  

HOW THE FUCK DO I OPPOSE THIS?

Take your talents and bounce. You can waste your time and energy trying to stop a rolling boulder or you can just move out of the way.

The biggest way for American men to distances themselves and show opposition to the system is to dis-engage from it. Stack... bounce. Let them learn the hard way.

Women are being forced into the STEM fields? We can expect the quality of STEM education to drop now.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (07-12-2012 11:39 AM)zeeman Wrote:  

Your value as an engineer/scientist will skyrocket and companies will be paying through the nose for STEM grads.

Sadly, no. The government will just increase the H-1B visa quotas to keep wages down, and companies like Microsoft, Oracle and Google will just keep rolling in the bucks.

As Engineering Professor Matloff has pointed out multiple times, there is no independent survey that has every showed a STEM shortage, only biased industry paid surveys that have an agenda of increasing the applicant pool to lower employee wages.

And the STEM hires through the H-1B visa are overwhelmingly not the "best and the brightest", but the mediocre and willing to work for less.

Which completely sidesteps the gross amounts of fraud associated with the H-1B program. It's amazing how many of my taxi cab drivers at the airport are here as H-1Bs and claim to be IT graduates just between contracts. Here in California we have 15 year old sex slave prostitutes imported through the H-1B program with fraudulent paperwork showing them as PhDs in CS and employed in even faker IT companies. The only time anyone has ever been prosecuted for the fraud is when the sex slaves died of carbon monoxide poisoning in the shitty studio flat whore house the slave owner kept them tied up in.

Yes, illiterate 15 year old sex slaves tied to beds in a whore house can be passed off as PhDs in CS. That's how poor the checks in the system are.

But hey, that'll increase the amount of female STEM hires, right?

[Image: Lakireddy%20Bali%20Reddy.gif]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Looks like I'm gonna need to expedite my plan to gtfo of the states

Can some of the more politically active forum members please PM me on where I should start in opposing shit like this? I would be eternally grateful.

Don't vote for Obama. The president appoints people to head different departments, including the department of education.

How the Obama administration buckled to feminist groups

Obama is president because of political correctness (cultural marxism). As someone whom has benefited from affirmative action his entire life, he is ideologically devoted to the system of political correctness. Political correctness means special minority privileges and feminist privileges, based not upon merit, but because they are "oppressed groups." It is a society wide sickness foisted upon us by the 68-ers, the baby boomers, and the sad fact is most people either believe in this or tow the line so they aren't persecuted.

Try supporting someone whom would abolish the department of education, like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, or a conservative candidate whose identity and ideology aren't tied to political correctness.

Edit: You could also try to organize men's rights groups to do battle with women's rights groups in lobbying politicians. Ha! Good luck with that.

[Image: attachment.jpg6825]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (07-12-2012 12:37 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

Don't vote for Obama. The president appoints people to head different departments, including the department of education.

Obama is president because of political correctness (cultural marxism). As someone whom has benefited from affirmative action his entire life, he is ideologically devoted to the system of political correctness. Political correctness means special minority privileges and feminist privileges, based not upon merit, but because they are "oppressed groups." It is a society wide sickness foisted upon us by the 68-ers, the baby boomers, and the sad fact is most people either believe in this or tow the line so they aren't persecuted.

Yep, blame Obama---cuz everyone knows he started this whole shit.

IDIOT.

Quote: (07-12-2012 12:37 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

Try supporting someone whom would abolish the department of education, like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, or a conservative candidate whose identity and ideology aren't tied to political correctness.

Femenism is instituionalized. Its the system. I get frustrated when people honestly think that votign for 'X' Canidate will bring any change.... it wont. Gary Johson is a legitmate change from the system but he will also never see the Oval Office. True candiates will always be marginalized or suppressed. He does not fit the system and thus will never be electable.

Like I am saying its... the system... It has been designed to fuck up like this.

Nixon signed off Title IX..
[Image: title-ix-nixon.jpg]
Its beyond Republican and Democrat.

Romney and Obama are the same. This shit would of happen if him, or Romney were in office. These men are nothing more than puppets once in the oval office.

Wake up.

This is infuriating. America's economy will suffer for this. And I've worked with H1Bs before. They take less money, and they do shit work, in general.

This is the nail in the coffin that has guaranteed my vote to Romney. I think he is less likely to cow-tow to feminist interests.

This is when you really have to ask..do feminists not have sons? brothers? Empathetic gender, my ass.

Quote: (07-12-2012 12:55 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Romney and Obama are the same. This shit would of happen if him, or Romney were in office. These men are nothing more than puppets once in the oval office.

Wake up.

It's true. The new battleground isn't Republican or Democrat. Right or Left. It's Alpha or Beta. And, we're losing. Handily.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

We've already seen where academia wants to go with their quota systems with the bidding war over Denice Denton. She was an openly lesbian low level engineering professor, which meant having her on staff fulfilled multiple quotas, not just one.

When she settled for highest bidder, University of California, despite protests over raising student tuition over and over again, paid her over $600,000 in housing allowance, an annual salary of $282,000, and guaranteed employment of sexual partner Gretchen Kalonji at an additional $192,000, who also got an additional $50,000 housing allowance.

All on the taxpayer's dime.

And when she was promoted past what she could handle and was shown to be a fraud, she flung herself off a 42 story balcony.

Really, hiring this postmenopausal thing helped UC crow about their improved "women hired" quota statistics? She's about as unfeminine as you can get. They really photoshopped out her acne scars.

[Image: cover-lg.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (07-12-2012 01:00 PM)Blunt Wrote:  

This is infuriating. America's economy will suffer for this. And I've worked with H1Bs before. They take less money, and they do shit work, in general.

This is the nail in the coffin that has guaranteed my vote to Romney. I think he is less likely to cow-tow to feminist interests.

This is when you really have to ask..do feminists not have sons? brothers? Empathetic gender, my ass.

How about you send a even greater message and NOT VOTE.

You assume Romney won't to feminist interests when every president has since LBJ.

It shows more when a nation has a 30% turnout rate on a election that costs one billion dollars+ to run. It proves the system is a complete joke.

Romney is a 0.005% elite. He cakes of these laws, he is the elite which funded and propped up feminism to secure their own wealth. How do you even think for second he would make things better? He benefits from this shit.. he's not going to change a damn thing.

Both are losers... Don't vote. That's how you send your message.

@kosko I agree both parties are corrupted. I voted third party last election and I probably will this election. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. Having said that, of the two parties the democrats are swimming in this ideology. At this point they are so far gone from their past that this sort of thing has become their raison d'etre. If you vote democrat you are voting precisely for political correctnes. Republicans, for all their faults, aren't as far down the road.

Quote: (07-12-2012 01:10 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

@kosko I agree both parties are corrupted. I voted third party last election and I probably will this election. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. Having said that, of the two parties the democrats are swimming in this ideology. At this point they are so far gone from their past that this sort of thing has become their raison d'etre. If you vote democrat you are voting for precisely for political correctnes. Republicans, for all their faults, aren't as far down the road.

They are the same thing though.

Do they care about Durangotang's vote? NO.

Or do they care about

JP Morgan, Rockfeller Foundation, GLAAD, AIPAC or others whom funnel hundreds of millions into thier campaigns. These same groups fund the left movements, and the right, feminism, etc. Its all the same shit.

^ Watch this video on repeat and let Carlin's (RIP) words sink and and burn because its 100% fuking true.

They don't give a fuck about you. Everything happens for a reason.. right or left. They will keep doing what they doing because it protects their interests and holds you back. Females are just being used at pawns and they will be left for the dumps once they have sucked dry every last penny from every American.

Relax. Colleges will just reclassify women into easy biology majors. Meanwhile, male STEM majors will have access to more women on campus. It's a good thing.

The underlying issue is resource allocation. By analogy, Title IX eliminated men's wrestling and fencing teams, while letting colleges double-count women on track and cross-country. They even count the men on the womens' basketball practice squad! Personally I don't appreciate why the general student population should subsidize non-revenue sports (men's football and basketball).

My STEM major roommate had to delay graduation because he couldn't get a required English class. That is real. I have not heard any evidence in this thread about qualified alpha males having trouble getting into STEM classes. Smart men will just do their studying in the spacious new computer labs in the biology building, surrounded by women study partners.

At this point, when it comes to political correctness, the only difference between the two parties is that Democrats pander to the self-righteous indignation of women and minorities, while the Republicans pander to the populist white crowd who want to blame everything on brown people.

If you don't understand that there are certain sacred cows that Republicans won't touch, then you're either not paying attention or being willfully ignorant.