rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man Flees Canada, Vows 'Will Never Return'

Any guy who still isn't convinced marriage is a trap, read this.

This guy left his wife in Canada, fled to the Philippines, and says he'll never, ever, go back. He told her exactly why in an email afterwards. He also explained himself to a reporter who tracked him down. There are so many good quotes there I had to post it here.

Of course he's been labelled as a 'Deadbeat Dad' but look at his reasoning. He makes perfect sense.

"Deadbeat dad flees to Philippines leaving four kids without support
Published on Sunday July 01, 2012

Last fall, after an Ontario judge awarded his ex-wife spousal and child support of nearly $4,000 a month, Hans Mills, an education software expert with extensive work contacts in Southeast Asia, sent Donna Mills an email telling her he had left Canada for good.

“The result of the legal instrument which you recently designed and implemented is that there is no possibility of a comfortable life or a (secure) retirement for me in Canada at all,” Mills, 53, wrote in the email dated November 2, 2011. “Therefore I have left the country to seek greener pastures elsewhere, and will never return. Well done Einstein.”

“Good luck and goodbye.”

With that missive sent from an unknown location, Mills joined the more than 120,000 parents in Ontario who are in arrears on spousal and child support payments. Collectively, they owe more than $1.8 billion to ex-wives and children...

...The Star tracked Hans Mills to the Philippines. From his hideaway on the outskirts of Manila, Mills says he knows what he did is wrong. He blames a “broken” Family Court system that pushed him to the brink of ruin for his decision to cut and run.

“I did a terrible, awful thing, because I had no reasonable option,” Mills says of his decision to flee and stop making spousal and child support payments. “I miss my children terribly. I abandoned Canada, but not my children. My hope is that some day I can reconcile with my children, but not in Canada . . . a morally bankrupt state.

“The Philippines is about as far as I could go. If I had a spaceship I’d be much further away.”...

...He is adamant about two things — he will “never, ever, ever, ever” pay spousal support, and he will never return to Canada.

That is bitter news for Donna Mills, who has spent the past eight months urging Canadian authorities and Ontario’s Family Responsibility Office (FRO) to find her ex-husband and force him to comply with the court order.

The day after she received the email, Donna Mills’ lawyer sent the Family Responsibility Office, which enforces court orders for support, a fax urging his arrest, but Mills was already out of the country...

...The story is complicated by the house Donna Mills and the children live in. The imposing home, on a large lot backing on Lake Ontario near Hamilton, is valued at about $1.2 million, but has a $600,000 mortgage on it.

The couple split in 2005. A deal was finally brokered after a two-day trial and on May 1, 2008, both parties signed the Minutes of Settlement. Donna would have sole custody and stay in the house with the children while Hans paid child support. Donna would pay Hans $175,000 to buy him out of the matrimonial home.

In subsequent court pleadings, Donna maintains she was “rushed and pressured and did not read” the documents before she signed them. She said she did not understand she was signing away the right to any future spousal support, even if her circumstances changed.

“Donna got the million dollar lakefront mansion and full custody of the children with child support, but no spousal support, in exchange for the house,” Hans Mills writes. “Everyone at the time agreed that my spousal support obligation had been met fully.”

He notes the deal also provided Donna with a built-in revenue stream because the house contained a separate apartment that was rented for nearly $2,000 a month...

...In June 2011, a judge issued a “Temporary Order” for Hans to pay spousal support, also awarding her both retro payments and court costs. Stung by the order, Hans left Canada before the new trial could take place.

“I was effectively ordered to pay for my crucifixion. Ouch. Plus I still had to pay my own lawyer,” he writes. “Having been buggered once left me no appetite for a second serving, thank you very much.”

So he sold his house, cashed in his pension, paid his bills, and took off...

...His furtive exit from Canada was a “purely tactical response to an untenable situation.” A classic “fight or flight” brought on by a spiteful ex-wife, an unjust Family Court system and the FRO that descended on him like a pack of wolves, he says...

...“She is simply lazy and does not want to work,” Mills says of his ex-wife, adding that the toughest decision of his life has left him exiled. His mother and brother live here in Ontario, as do most of his friends.

“I live in the Philippines for Heaven’s sake . . . this is not a country club. I have to keep a loaded shotgun beside my bed at night in case of attack, of which there have been several.”

He has not yet found greener pastures “but I can see one from here.” In the Philippines, he is beyond the reach of Canadian laws, he says, and the FRO is a “paper tiger” that can do him no harm
..."

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/...ut-support

Quote:Quote:

Eight months since he last heard from his dad, Mills’ son Steven was eager to open a package that had just arrived from the Philippines in advance of his 11th birthday. Steven’s face dropped and tears welled up in his eyes when he saw its contents: dried banana chips, cassava chips, caramel popcorn and salted peanuts.

The birthday card accompanying the dry goods said: “Dear Steve, I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Love from Dad.”

“Why would I want this from my deadbeat dad?” the youngster said. “If he really cared, he’d be here.”

Holy shit, that little tyke is getting groomed by somebody.

“Donna got the million dollar lakefront mansion and full custody of the children with child support, but no spousal support, in exchange for the house,” Hans Mills writes. “Everyone at the time agreed that my spousal support obligation had been met fully.”

He notes the deal also provided Donna with a built-in revenue stream because the house contained a separate apartment that was rented for nearly $2,000 a month...

...In June 2011, a judge issued a “Temporary Order” for Hans to pay spousal support, also awarding her both retro payments and court costs. Stung by the order, Hans left Canada before the new trial could take place.

Fair and balanced.

This guy lived the whole "escape game", and succeeded! Just go to the Philippines.

However, there's a bad ending to this story.

The USA already has ways to freeze your passport. Pretty soon they'll just make it mandatory to freeze your passport if you have any child support payments.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

To Mr. Hans Mills, well done.

His bitch of a wife overplayed her hand. It sounds like, from the article, he had no problem paying the child support but felt that her getting the house was enough of a replacement for spousal support. So, she was getting $2,235 a month in child support plus the $2,000 per month she could get in rent, but got greedy and wanted an extra $1,500 for spousal support AND have her legal fees paid. So she was going to make him pay for the lawyers that were going to bleed him dry.

The end result is that she lost the child support, is even deeper in debt, and may lose her house (along with the $2,000 in rent it can generate) all because she pushed her ex too far.

The crazy part is that she KNEW that he might do something like this. This guy wasn't Joe Blow who had never left Ontario. He had extensive business contacts in SE Asia. Of course he was going to bail. I guess she figured that she could bleed him one more time. Obviously, she was wrong.

It was a little fucked up on his part when he sent his son some dried banana chips and popcorn on his birthday. I would have just sent the kid a card saying "Happy Birthday son. I'm not giving you anything now, but when you turn 18 I'll send you a ticket to Manila. You first 20 hookers are on me. Love Dad."

The whole situation is fucked up. But he's also thinking about the financial future of the children - that they'd have something to inherit. If he gives everything to the wife you can bet that there would be nothing left after 10-15 years for an estate.

The dumb wife's irrationality and greed got the best of her. She wants everything - house, spousal support, child support, rental income from the house, - and he's supposed to get nothing and live like slave the rest of his life. BULLSHIT !

the kid wont understand until he's about 30 or so.

Are we supposed to celebrate the fact that he abandoned his kids? I'm betting his kids aren't exactly happy that their father chose to abandon them.

I think it was fucked up he left his son who had cancer. Hopefully he left after his son was in remission.

Otherwise, I fully support his decision. This is Canada. His wife received a $1.2 million dollar home with an attached rental which generated $2000 per month to cover most the mortgage ($600k), and she was awarded child support which he agreed to pay $2200 per month. She also agreed to forgo spousal support (alimony) and pay him $165k to buy him out of the remaining $600k in homeowner equity. Done. He agreed to this.

Then she got greedy and took him back to court again (and have him pay her court costs and retroactive payments) to get spousal support (alimony). The court awarded her $1500 per month in spousal support. So he fled.

Now the state is paying her $2500 per month to take care of her sick children (one with down syndrome). He is in a rears $3700 per month plus interest for each month he is away. He can never return.

Fuck man, what will he do when his passport expires? I guess he's marry a fillipina soon!

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.html?opti...&Itemid=35

Good to know it's possible

Quote: (07-01-2012 11:29 PM)Locke Wrote:  

Are we supposed to celebrate the fact that he abandoned his kids? I'm betting his kids aren't exactly happy that their father chose to abandon them.

No, we're meant to celebrate a guy eanred his freedom back, and feminist Canda, via its taxpayer, will collectively foot the bill for the kid.

The guy should have no problem abandoning Canada, when its pernicious, misandrist laws, meant Canada abandoned him first.

If the kids aren't happy, well the saying is you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family. Tell the kids to pick a metter mother sort of doesn't fix things.

I'm not too impressed with this guy. Let's keep in mind that you need to pull in around $200K a year to make the monthly payments on a $600K mortgage. So even the revised settlement wasn't going to land him in the poorhouse. And contrary to what some of you think, the kids won't understand. Any inheritance will go the new kids he has with the new wife.

I saw several problems with the whole situation and I'm not even sure where you'd even begin to start correcting them.

The court fucked up when they decided to alter the deal previously agreed to because as always, they view the woman as the victim, and they made no concessions to him. They fucked up when they failed to look at the house, and didn't order it sold. Even with the revised deal, she still can't afford that house. Courts make decisions on financial matters with little or no regard to the feasibility of the agreement. This leads to more litigation.

The wife fucked up by getting greedy and expecting to keep the house despite not having a job. People tend to do this when all other aspects of their life turn to shit. Now she's going to lose it all.

The husband is not without guilt either. I suspect he's been looking for an escape route for a long time. The oldest kid is a fuck up. They've got one with down's syndrome, and another who may or may not have cancer. The only healthy kid they have is always showing signs of faltering under the stress. This guy is trying to escape from his defective family so he can start over with a new one. I don't really respect that.

I can't believe how much you guys are applauding this guy?

1 kid has cancer, one has down syndrome, and the oldest one is on heroin.

It costs way more than 4 grand a month to take care of kids with those kind of problems. Plus, they need at least one full time parent. Just to take them to doctors appointments.

On top of that, the lady gave the guy 175k.

Read this part:

"He accuses his ex of “using Steven’s disease as a weapon against me, which I find most repugnant.” As far as he knows, Steven’s cancer has been conquered, or is in check, and his eldest, Tom, is an adult, and no longer a dependent child of the marriage."

He really doesn't know the status of his own son's cancer, and doesn't give a single shit about the other one in rehab. Bullshit. And he doesn't say a damn thing about the downs syndrome one.

All you guys that think this guy is somehow winning or worthy or respect please listen to Uncle Kona:

This man is a Pussy on the highest levels of Pussiness. The Mounties or whatever the fuck they call them in Canada better run to PI and drag his bitch ass back. He walked out on his family because he was no where near tough enough to deal with any type of problem. Now he blames the system for his pussiness.

Stories like this are a big part of the reason the system is so tough on guys in the first place.

Here's another little part I find hilarious:

"Hans Mills now lives in Dasmarinas City, about 50 kilometres south of Manila, with his new wife, Rosemarie Espiritu, a former caregiver he met during his frequent business trips to southeast Asia."

Let me let you in on a little secret. Filipinas can smell this kind of pussy a mile away. I guarantee Rosemarie is draining every last dollar of that pension or house sale or whatever she can out of this guy.

And he deserves it.

Aloha!

Quote: (07-02-2012 12:14 AM)T and A Man Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2012 11:29 PM)Locke Wrote:  

No, we're meant to celebrate a guy eanred his freedom back, and feminist Canda, via its taxpayer, will collectively foot the bill for the kid.

The guy should have no problem abandoning Canada, when its pernicious, misandrist laws, meant Canada abandoned him first.

If the kids aren't happy, well the saying is you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family. Tell the kids to pick a metter mother sort of doesn't fix things.
There's nothing to celebrate about a selfish piece of shit who would abandon his kids. He valued making a point about the laws over his kids.

The little kid though, he could use some re-education about what his mother did.

The old man paid for his cancer treatment and all that, and he acceded to the court's demands and everything. The divorce was a done deal. As far as I could tell, there was no reason for the father to bail until his ex wife got greedy and demanded spousal support and all kinds of bullshit. The boy should be blaming his mom for driving his daddy away.

And damn, did you guys see the "intimidator" gaze his ex-wife gave the camera in the article?

There's nothing to celebrate about a selfish piece of shit who would abandon his kids. He valued making a point about the laws over his kids.

I don't get how you see the ex-wife being entirely blameless here. She has reneged on the old deal and is trying to wrangle child support along with spousal support out of a new deal, along with considering her ex-husband being liable for her court costs. This was all done without her trying to get a job or sell her million dollar house. He has to make a point about the law because he wouldn't have fled the country otherwise.

Quote: (07-01-2012 09:04 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

The USA already has ways to freeze your passport. Pretty soon they'll just make it mandatory to freeze your passport if you have any child support payments.

If you owe $2,500 or more in child support, you are not eligible to receive a U.S. passport.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi/fam...y_863.html

According to this letter, your current passport can be suspended:

https://vlc.wikispaces.com/file/view/Pas...10+(2).pdf

It kind of sounds like both of them were pretty irresponsible TBH.

Poor guy has to leave his whole life behind for this crap.

Worst thing is, he is now classified as a criminal. Unbelievable.

Outrageous and a stark symbol of the terrible times we live in. May this man find happiness for setting a good example.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Is it fucked up that he is no longer supporting his kids? Yes.

But I'm trying to see what other way he had out of the situation. Keep in mind that BEFORE (probably right when she sued to have spousal support reconsidered) he left for the PI his ex was trying to get them to take his passport, but the Canadian government dragged their feet. The only reason he is free now is because by the time the Canadian government actually attempted to take his passport he was already gone. I am certain that had he stayed longer he would have lost his escape window to the PI and the wife would be able to financially ass rape him at will.

Second, this is Canada, with its government supported healthcare system. It is not like his son won't be able to pay for his chemotherapy treatments because dad isn't paying health insurance. His kids are getting the same level of healthcare that they would be getting if he was there.

Third, with her refusal to get a job AND desire to still live in a house with a $600K mortgage on it, how soon do you think it would have been before she was BACK in court demanding even more money? No way would she last very long on $3,700 a month child/spousal support alone in a house with a mortgage that big.

They should have sold that house as soon as they got divorced. He takes his $175K, she takes the $425K. She could have bought a smaller house, not on a lake, with cash,and still had $100K+ left over, plus she would have still had the monthly child support payments from him. A free and clear house, $100K in the bank, and $2,200 per month in child support. That is not a bad deal.

Women need to get over this "I'm accustomed to a certain lifestyle" bullshit. Yeah, the ex and kids are accustomed to living in their pretty lake house. But seriously, if he was spending everything before, how is he supposed to afford to pay for his old house and living expenses AND a new house and living expenses for himself? How the fuck does that work out?

In divorce, unless the parties are super rich, EVERYONE'S lifestyle should be downgraded. It is simple economies of scale. It is cheaper to support five people living in one house than four people living in the same house and one person living in another house. It would be great if the mom could stay home full-time with the kids and not worry about money. It would also be great if the dad could live in the lakefront house he paid for and have home cooked meals every day. But they are divorced, so neither one of those things is going to happen.

Quote: (07-02-2012 12:26 AM)porscheguy Wrote:  

I'm not too impressed with this guy. Let's keep in mind that you need to pull in around $200K a year to make the monthly payments on a $600K mortgage. So even the revised settlement wasn't going to land him in the poorhouse. And contrary to what some of you think, the kids won't understand. Any inheritance will go the new kids he has with the new wife.

I saw several problems with the whole situation and I'm not even sure where you'd even begin to start correcting them.

The court fucked up when they decided to alter the deal previously agreed to because as always, they view the woman as the victim, and they made no concessions to him. They fucked up when they failed to look at the house, and didn't order it sold. Even with the revised deal, she still can't afford that house. Courts make decisions on financial matters with little or no regard to the feasibility of the agreement. This leads to more litigation.

The wife fucked up by getting greedy and expecting to keep the house despite not having a job. People tend to do this when all other aspects of their life turn to shit. Now she's going to lose it all.

The husband is not without guilt either. I suspect he's been looking for an escape route for a long time. The oldest kid is a fuck up. They've got one with down's syndrome, and another who may or may not have cancer. The only healthy kid they have is always showing signs of faltering under the stress. This guy is trying to escape from his defective family so he can start over with a new one. I don't really respect that.

200K to live in a 600K house in Oakville, Ontario? Yea right. You can do with with 80K, Remember nobody in Canada makes real money up until the Govt changed mortgage rules anybody and their dog could get a loan. Canada has more Real Estate debt per capita then America did prior to 2008. We can'r assume anything other than he was about to get raped for his money.

The power of the house. Women are so blinded by stainless steel and granite. This Donna wanted to keep up with the Jonses her greedy heavy hand will now land her in a dumpy Apartment in Burlington.
Where does it say the kid is sick?

In the original article it says the kid is sick.

As for the $200K needed for a $600K house, that's based on the traditional rules of finance (i.e. wedding ring=2 months salary, car=6 months salary, mortgage=3 years salary.) This is a vague approximation of what your spending limits were back in the days when people were actually able to pay off their mortgages, live without credit cards, save money, etc.

But in doing the actual math, a 30 year fixed rate mortgage on $600K, at 6%, will put your monthly payment at $3600. I don't know how it works in Canada, but in the US, a lot of people have their property taxes and homeowners premiums rolled into the deal. Is that typical in Canada? In the US it could add another $500 or so to your monthly payment which would put her at $4100 per month to keep a roof over their heads. That comes out to slightly less than $50K/year. You couldn't do it on $80K a year if you had four kids, a wife, car expenses, food, clothing, etc. The only way you could is if you got some scam mortgage where you only pay interest, an ARM, or something else that will bite you in the long run.

But either way, that house is not affordable on her income. It wasn't affordable on the original terms, and it's not affordable on the new terms. And again, I blame the court for ignoring this fact back during the initial settlement. And by ignoring it, the court made the problem worse, because they set up a situation that would result in more legal expenses. The problem keeps compounding itself because the court won't make a serious analysis of the situation.

Why are guys shit talking him for "abanoning" his children?

Look at the timeline:

1. The couple split in 2005.
2. A deal was finally brokered after a two-day trial and on May 1, 2008.
3. In June 2011, a judge issued a “Temporary Order” for Hans to pay spousal support
4. In the Fall of 2011, he splits.

From those facts, we must assume that the man was supporting his children from 2005 to 2011, i.e., six years. We should assume this because the article goes out of its way to trash him. If the man had skated on his child support obligations from 2005 to 2011, the reporter would have told us.

He supported his children for six years.

Money is fungible. The dollars that should have gone to support the children went to support the lazy wife.

It's his wife who won't support the children. She won't work. She won't pay her own way through life.

The wife is the villain.

Canada will suspend your passport as well in this situation. But, it says in the article that he is originally from Denmark and is a dual citizen. I am pretty sure that he is not travelling on his Canadian passport anymore, but the European one.

Quote: (07-02-2012 01:23 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Look at the timeline:

3. In June 2011, a judge issued a “Temporary Order” for Hans to pay spousal support

From those facts, we must assume that the man was supporting his children from 2005 to 2011, i.e., six years. We should assume this because the article goes out of its way to trash him. If the man had skated on his child support obligations from 2005 to 2011, the reporter would have told us.

Money is fungible. The dollars that should have gone to support the children went to support the lazy wife.

It's his wife who won't support the children. She won't work. She won't pay her own way through life.

The wife is the villain.

Totally agree. I can't blame the man for anything. What other choice did he have?

Stay and get raped?

OR

Leave and maintain his basic rights?

If anything, the wife is guilty of abandoning her children. She's using them for $$$$

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Look at the timeline:

The wife is the villain.
He did abandon his kid. You are looking at it from a money perspective, he left them physically and emotionally. You know that kids are just more than a money drain? What kind of man leaves his cancer stricken kid?

Quote: (07-02-2012 02:35 PM)Locke Wrote:  

Look at the timeline:

The wife is the villain.
He did abandon his kid. You are looking at it from a money perspective, he left them physically and emotionally. You know that kids are just more than a money drain? What kind of man leaves his cancer stricken kid?

There's probably a lot more to the story than the media lets us on about.

For example, what were the father's visitation rights?

Could the husband afford to pay the extra alimony, or was he facing a sum so large that he would have been unable to pay and thrown in jail for it? If he was put in jail, he wouldn't been able to see his kids OR have a regular life.

You're being too harsh, you're assuming the guy had no valid reasons for abandoning Canada and his life he built there after 20 years. That's a lot to walk away from, I'm sure he didn't make the decision lightly.