rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is this a decent looking suit?

I was re-arranging my closet and found the suit I wear to funerals. I don't know much about suits. I have a bright blue pocket square, how would that look with the black and red color scheme? Is a tie necessary? What about the shoes? I have another pair that look similar to these [Image: 1607641-p-DETAILED.jpg]

I feel good wearing it. I think it looks good, but, I could use some opinions.

A 3 button is the wrong suit for a guy with your frame.

You have a lean, thin body type.

So you want to "open" the jacket up.

You want something more like this:

http://www.gq.com/how-to/fashion/200707/...ow#slide=2

I feel like my children are starting to grow up.

Good work kickboxer.

1. Never button the bottom button of a 3 Button Suit.

2. Button the top two. Or just the middle. I prefer middle only on three button suits although I never wear them anymore.

3. Throw a pocket square in there fool! Now you are ready for action.

4. Light up something. Cigar or cigarette. The look is complete.

Go with the loafers. No tie.

Throw a bankroll in the jacket pocket.

Now tell me you aren't going to swoop some girls tonight?

I think its a great "starter suit".

"I feel good wearing it. I think it looks good"

Now that is what it is all about.

Now go charm some girls.

It will be great when the day comes when Houston and P-Dog and Torontokid and the rest start rocking suits and killing nightspots.

Next time I go out to a club or celebrate anything I'll bring out the racks

w/3 button suits here's the thing to remember:

Top Button - Sometimes
Middle button - always
Bottom button - never.

Love it!

This is what this forum should be about. Spreading the knowledge and evolving.

There are three kinds of 3 button suits - a true 3 button, a 2 and a half button, and a 3 rolled to 2. See http://www.styleforum.net/t/20448/3-butt...ost_269289 for examples. Those pictures are (probably intentionally) cheesy.

I like the two and a half button, especially when paired with a beautiful lapel roll.

A rakish roll on a legendary player:

[Image: Oleg%20Cassini.jpg]

A sweet two and a half button with a more subdued roll:

[Image: standard.jpg]

A great roll is a thing to behold. Something you won't find in most three digit suits.

I can't believe how many kids I see around buttoning the bottom button of a suit. Some Croats here in DC were doing it as well and it mad me shake my head.

One button is my fave.

Thanks guys. Well it didn't take long for me to find a time to wear it. Me and a friend are going to the Baby Dolls Gentlemen club for lunch tomorrow haha.

The "never button the bottom button" rule doesn't just apply to three-button suits. The only time you would technically button up the bottom button is if you have on a one-button jacket. Any other time you leave it undone.

This is because it helps the jacket drape over your waist and hips better. It gives you more range of motion and makes your lines look more flattering.

Men's Style Consultant
http://www.masculine-style.com
The better you dress the worse you can behave.

to me the trousers look a bit like those old school 70s flair type and u would do better to have a slim fit trouser which doesnt expand around ur ankle

other then that i actually like the top part of the suit

I hate knocking someone's style and you like your look so that's cool but in my opinion ( not hating in any way just giving my viewpoint ) I dislike the suit. The reason is that the top button is way too high up the suit which I really dislike and your trousers as scribblec pointed out are a somewhat outdated cut ( as is the suit in general ). On a positive note the suit jacket does seem to fit well and comes in at the waist nicely. Overall though it's not a nice classic suit which I prefer.

Sorry,I feel bad saying all that. Anyway go out there and rock it!!

Quote: (06-13-2012 05:43 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

It will be great when the day comes when Houston and P-Dog and Torontokid and the rest start rocking suits and killing nightspots.

It's not even a joke the kind of response you get in nightclubs when you're rocking a suit. It's like the rest of the guys do not even exist when you walk in suited down.

Don't know if it's real sad or real funny that guys spend hours figuring out the right text message to send or whether to pay for a drink or not or whether to "neg" or not, while all this BS can be simply bypassed by putting on a suit. For real. Try it.

G, props to your wisdom, as always.

Game is a necessary evil

I don't mind the criticism; it's actually what I was looking for.

I've been wearing the suit all day despite the 90 degree weather, it hasn't been that bad. I don't feel much hotter than I usually do. I started noticing Suit Reactions before I stepped into the club.

I walked into my friends house and sat on his couch. His mutt jumped on me and promptly started choking and wheezing. I thought he was about to throw up all over me. After I gave the dog the Heimlich maneuver, the other dog (which is a pitbull) came into the room and started barking at me and when I looked at him he started backing away and he never does that! The suit made one dog almost throw up and it scared the pitbull.

At the club itself, I definitely noticed a difference in how I am treated. Usually the girl working the podium and charging the entrance fee is always a bitch to me no matter what I do but this time I was treated kindly and got a smile.

No one else in the joint was wearing a suit which I guess is not surprising, but, you really notice a difference when you are wearing one. It's hard to get an accurate reading on strippers so I'll just assume they legitimately digged me. They kept coming over to me even though I was only there for lunch! There should be a rule about strippers talking to you when you are trying to enjoy your food in peace.

I'm sold on suits.

Quick question- What do you guys think about dinner jackets?

Quote: (06-13-2012 10:20 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

A great roll is a thing to behold. Something you won't find in most three digit suits.

Damn Dude. Way to come with the roll knowledge. That's some advanced stuff right there. I've seen some sick one button rolls recently:
[Image: phineascole.jpg]

Quote: (06-14-2012 10:50 AM)tstyle Wrote:  

The "never button the bottom button" rule doesn't just apply to three-button suits. The only time you would technically button up the bottom button is if you have on a one-button jacket. Any other time you leave it undone.

This is because it helps the jacket drape over your waist and hips better. It gives you more range of motion and makes your lines look more flattering.

This is actually false (although 99.9999999% of people in the know think this, and it is in most cases correct.)

There is also something called a "high-two". (This is what I call it anyways, I am not sure this is what everyone else also calls it).

I have one sick sportcoat that is a "high-two" where you button both buttons.

Ozwald Boateng busts them out.

But now we are getting way advanced.

Here is a picture of him wearing one, although you can't see the top button:

[Image: ozwald-boateng-and-diddy.jpg]

I'm all for going suited down to a club, just make sure no one tries to make you wait on any bullsh*t lines while you're wearing it. Kills your vibe to be dressed better than everyone else but still have to wait on a line with the rest of the peons.

Quote: (06-14-2012 03:42 PM)haywire Wrote:  

It's not even a joke the kind of response you get in nightclubs when you're rocking a suit. It's like the rest of the guys do not even exist when you walk in suited down.

Don't know if it's real sad or real funny that guys spend hours figuring out the right text message to send or whether to pay for a drink or not or whether to "neg" or not, while all this BS can be simply bypassed by putting on a suit. For real. Try it.

Very true.

If guys followed even 10% of what is in The G Manifesto, the whole "game industry" would be belly up within a week.

Quote: (06-15-2012 10:10 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Very true.

If guys followed even 10% of what is in The G Manifesto, the whole "game industry" would be belly up within a week.

I co-sign this. With one caveat that hopefully doesn't go up in storms. Suited up at age 21-23 doesn't work IMHO. When staying in Copacabana palace people thought I was a spoiled brat (luckily I earned it all), anyway,
as soon as girls believe you are in your late 20's go get a custom suit. Man custom is 400x better than off the rack... Rarely do u see dudes with an exact fit off rack so spend the extra cash to get it at least tailored... Custom is still better.

Note if young get in shape and get v-necks, again look in the mirror "would I fuck this guy". Answer should be hell yes

Quote: (06-15-2012 01:25 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2012 10:10 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Very true.

I co-sign this. With one caveat that hopefully doesn't go up in storms. Suited up at age 21-23 doesn't work IMHO. When staying in Copacabana palace people thought I was a spoiled brat (luckily I earned it all), anyway,
as soon as girls believe you are in your late 20's go get a custom suit. Man custom is 400x better than off the rack... Rarely do u see dudes with an exact fit off rack so spend the extra cash to get it at least tailored... Custom is still better.

Note if young get in shape and get v-necks, again look in the mirror "would I fuck this guy". Answer should be hell yes

Agreed 100%.

Suited Down is for the older set (or depends on how old you look).

I didn't start going Suited till age 27 or so.

I agree with you both wholeheartedly. First time I wore a v-neck I lost my v-card. So they are a definite add on to the drobe.

And as for custom suits being for the older rack, I somewhat disagree. A youngin shouldn't hit the club up in a suit, but there will be formal occasions where a custom would be appropiate. It's just the frequency of the suited down comes higher as we age.

Another reason would be is that we have to learn how we want our suits sooner or later. If we experience the style world of custom suits earlier, we can hit up that tailor at 27 and know exactly how we'd want it. Not to mention our suit would put us a step above the frat bros who still don't know anything outside their fake MMA shirts.

But other than that, I respect both of you guys wisdom on style. Anymore recommendations for the younger players out there?

Nope.

Quote: (06-15-2012 03:26 PM)Rosca Wrote:  

I agree with you both wholeheartedly. First time I wore a v-neck I lost my v-card. So they are a definite add on to the drobe.

And as for custom suits being for the older rack, I somewhat disagree. A youngin shouldn't hit the club up in a suit, but there will be formal occasions where a custom would be appropiate. It's just the frequency of the suited down comes higher as we age.

Another reason would be is that we have to learn how we want our suits sooner or later. If we experience the style world of custom suits earlier, we can hit up that tailor at 27 and know exactly how we'd want it. Not to mention our suit would put us a step above the frat bros who still don't know anything outside their fake MMA shirts.

But other than that, I respect both of you guys wisdom on style. Anymore recommendations for the younger players out there?

Hit me with any questions I think you misread a tad G's wording is correct "Look low 20's". You can be mid 20's and look 31 or look 21 or 25, I look young. I have a strong suit, but that's all for work travel, and I must act super omega because if I don't people will think I am a cocky young guy (true)

If you look 21 and you custom suit it up u get the response I get which is "whose this d-bag young guy trying to impress" versus as you age it becomes "whose this handsome gentleman".

At the young age you need to be the life of the party, so you dress like you're young but different and learn how to have swag dance moves.

Anyway the #1 thing you can do is find your colors and get fitted clothing. Just because your boy pulls with a "all black outfit" doesn't mean that's you. I am a bit crazy so I got the exact color of my skin tone, got some fashion designer to get the exact colors that work for me... I now get eye fucked 2x more.

I would have to respectfully disagree. Everybody looks sharp in a suit.

I'll get a suit when I look 25. Gmanifesto you know that I have a baby face and it wouldn't look right at this time. I'm a patient player though...

Quote: (06-16-2012 01:58 AM)houston Wrote:  

I'll get a suit when I look 25. Gmanifesto you know that I have a baby face and it wouldn't look right at this time. I'm a patient player though...

Don't wait till you're 25, trust me when you have one on and walk into a club the difference is like day and night. If you don't want to spend that much money right away, try renting one for a couple of days and see the difference for yourself. I seldom get eye-fucked but when I'm rocking a suit, I get I fucked the shit outta me [Image: banana.gif]

Also, a suit is never a bad investment and has a good shelf life.

Game is a necessary evil