rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Data Sheet: Madison, Wisconsin

Alright...for those of you who don't know, Madison is the capital of the great state of Wisconsin. It is home to the University of Wisconsin. Population of about 350,000 in the urban area of the city. Quintessential college party town, always plenty of things to do. I have a slightly skewed view towards the more college aged activities, and I can't claim to have explored everything the city has to offer, so if anyone has anything to add feel free to chime in.

Geography: Located in south central Wisconsin. Surrounded by two fairly large lakes, Mendota to the north, Monona to the south. The main area covered in this sheet will be the downtown area around the capital square, State Street, which runs due west of the capital building, and the college campus area.

Transportation:No car is necessary here. The main downtown and campus area is relatively compact and nothing is more than 2-4 miles away. With the amount you will be drinking you do not want to be driving.

Big Events: Mifflin Street Block Party is held on the first Saturday of May every year. Mifflin Street runs southwest of the capital square. Basically this is a giant outdoor house party type gig along the whole street. Kegs line the front yards of all the houses on the street and every drinking game you can imagine is being played. Tons of cute young college chicks out getting wasted. The sheer amount of alcohol consumed can be somewhat of a hindrance to gaming chicks. Personally I have only gotten drunk at this event and not attempted any gaming. Watch out for the city police, they patrol in force, though if you aren't acting out of control they shouldn't bother you.

Halloween on State Street: This is similar in idea to the Mifflin Block Party. Except think those same cute college girls in ultra slutty Halloween costumes. This one is a lot easier to game chicks and it's no big deal to invite yourself to one of the many after parties, as it degenerates into a free for all later in the night.

Day Gaming: State Street is the main drag with plenty of places to eat, some local and some chain. On a nice day you see a good amount of fly girls. Bitch shields tend to be lower, and things will go smoother if you can relate to girls in their early twenties. Chicks tend to walk solo along this area on the way to classes and around campus, which makes them more amenable to being chatted up. Definitely try to run elderly chat game. I guarantee as long is the weather is good that you can walk around campus and find more 6.5s to chat up than you would have time for.(Specifically when classes are going on for the university.)
The terrace overlooking Lake Mendota from the Memorial Union is a great place to grab a beer and scope out the local talent. If rolling solo, bring props to make it look like you are studying or something of that sort to reduce your potential "creep" factor.

Night Gaming: It's all about the bars. There are so many good ones that it would be foolish to try to give you the 411 on all of them, so I will pick two that have my stamp of approval.

Nitty Gritty: This is a popular college style bar. They have decent pizza. I tend to use this bar as a launching pad for the night, to build some familiarity with your wings/group for the night. If rolling solo I would consider skipping it, unless you are using it as a pre-game spot for the specials. It can get a bit packed on thurs/fri/sat nights. Specials start after 9pm. Some of my favorites are $4 pitchers and $3 1800 tequila shots every night, $1.50 cans of Rolling Rock, Hamms, or Pabst on Wednesday, and $2.50 Three Olives mixers on Thursday and Saturday.

Merchant: This one is a hidden gem, located east of the capital building one block away from the square. This is a bit farther away from campus, so you get a bit more of a diverse selection of talent besides the university girls. Some older cougars, some younger professionals, hipsters etc. I have only been here twice, both on Friday nights, when they have a D.J. This is a "craft cocktail bar" as they refer to themselves on their website. It is a bit pretentious, but no cover charge that I have seen. If you can dance at all, don't need to be especially good at it, it will help you a lot as the white boys from the farm can't dance for shit. I usually just get a little buzz going here and then get my dance floor game on with a bit of caveman to work my way in. I can't say anything bad about this place as I have gone 3/2 here so far, one ons, then a threesome one night stand[Image: tard.gif].

Besides bars, I recommend trying to game girls as they leave the bars. They have some liquor in them already and are more amenable. Admittedly everyone knows about opening girls by asking for a light, this works especially well outside of bars as there is no smoking indoors. It's cliched but too easy. I have seriously trolled the front entrance ways of bars and clubs to decent success and a few number closes, and I'm nowhere near the best player around. You could making a living running this idea.

I wanted to keep this thread rather game-centric as I don't branch out in the city too much, I stay at a friends and just go on 2-5 day benders.

My advice for gaming the college girls is to be bold. It shocks me how not very aggressive the guys that live around here and go to the school are. If you step up to the plate you will be rewarded. I try to put on the aloof and sarcastic demeanor, while at the same time not being afraid to escalate. I like to work in some light touching with my dry humor to get into her comfort zone. When they ask questions about you that try to qualify you or stuff beyond the basic what do you do this should be taken as a big IOI, escalate accordingly. Don't be afraid to spit at a chick just because she has some guy talking to her or a couple talking to her. Especially give it a go if she has a couple talking to her. I find that cutting in on this orbiting nonsense this makes you look ballsy in a nonverbal way. I have yet to have a guy say a single thing to me for cutting in on his interaction with a girl in this city. There is a huge gap between the players, even aspiring players, and all the rest. Enjoy the beer and this great party town in the Midwest.

Patrick Kane of the blackhawks is very familiar with Mifflin Street Block Party

http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstructi...in-madison

Where do you recommend staying for easy transition from bar to hotel

Quote: (06-08-2012 12:34 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

Patrick Kane of the blackhawks is very familiar with Mifflin Street Block Party

http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstructi...in-madison

Where do you recommend staying for easy transition from bar to hotel

I've never stayed in a hotel there myself. I have friends that live there so I usually crash with them. I can only recommend good locations, not vouch for how good the hotel is at all. Basically the ideal hotel location you want is between the UW campus and the state capital building. I did a quick search to find some, as there aren't too many in that narrow area, I can list them here.

The Edgewater Hotel
666 Wisconsin Avenue, Madison, WI
(608) 256-9071

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison
525 West Johnson Street, Madison, WI
(608) 251-5511

Hyatt Place
333 West Washington Avenue, Madison, WI
(608) 257-2700

Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
9 East Wilson Street, Madison, WI
(608) 255-5100

The Dahlmann Campus Inn
601 Langdon Street, Madison, WI
(800) 589-6285

I miss UW. I went there and got laid once a month by hot girls just by standing around. College.

Quote: (06-08-2012 01:04 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

I miss UW. I went there and got laid once a month by hot girls just by standing around. College.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have moved there and got myself a one bedroom studio fuck-pad after high school.

Went to UW for 3 semesters, but had to transfer because it got so damn cold I would never go to class during the winter.

But Madison in late spring/summer/early autumn is amazing with sweet and hot midwestern girls. The freshman 15 is real there, though. Beer, bacon, and cheese curds turn many girls from hot to fat real quick.

Are riots during Halloween still a problem? I never liked hallowen on state street. My buddies friend got tear gassed there. We'd just throw house parties and the girls that would show up to them back in 04 were smoking with the sluttiest costumes. Mifflin Street block party was more my vibe.

PS I once saw Jim Sorgi (he backed up Peyton Manning in Indy at one point but I have no clue what he's up to now) fingering a fat chick at a house party.

Madison while I was going to college there had a huge house party scene I wonder if its still the same. Back then, AIM was huge and facebook wasn't even around (I'm talking 03/04). And there was a screen name that people would IM to list their parties, how many kegs, and the address. The screenname would then put the information up as it's AIM profile. It was genius.

Quote: (06-08-2012 01:51 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Went to UW for 3 semesters, but had to transfer because it got so damn cold I would never go to class during the winter.

But Madison in late spring/summer/early autumn is amazing with sweet and hot midwestern girls. The freshman 15 is real there, though. Beer, bacon, and cheese curds turn many girls from hot to fat real quick.

Are riots during Halloween still a problem? I never liked hallowen on state street. My buddies friend got tear gassed there. We'd just throw house parties and the girls that would show up to them back in 04 were smoking with the sluttiest costumes. Mifflin Street block party was more my vibe.

PS I once saw Jim Sorgi (he backed up Peyton Manning in Indy at one point but I have no clue what he's up to now) fingering a fat chick at a house party.

Madison while I was going to college there had a huge house party scene I wonder if its still the same. Back then, AIM was huge and facebook wasn't even around (I'm talking 03/04). And there was a screen name that people would IM to list their parties, how many kegs, and the address. The screenname would then put the information up as it's AIM profile. It was genius.

The house party scene is still big. I just focus on bars more now that I am older because it's easier to pull. The attendance at the State Street and Mifflin events has dropped somewhat in recent years because of all the craziness that happened when you were there. The police started clamping down and trying to control the crowd a bit. There haven't been any big disturbances since those riots.

I feel like both Mifflin and Halloween aren't what the used to be. I attended from 2002-2006, which arguably were the heydays of both. Halloween was insane every year except for the last I attended. Pepper spray, titties, smashed windows, fires, god that shit was fun.

I was just back there but unfortunately its not the same at all with the student body gone. Was very sad. I need to go back when the hunnies are in town.

DC and Ug, did you find direct game to be more useful for night gaming like I did? I want to see what some of your experiences here are like regarding what kind of game you need to bring to the table to be successful.

Quote: (06-08-2012 07:54 PM)ImWaitingForTheMan Wrote:  

DC and Ug, did you find direct game to be more useful for night gaming like I did? I want to see what some of your experiences here are like regarding what kind of game you need to bring to the table to be successful.

I didn't really look into "gaming" until after college. Honestly I stood around and looked pretty. Sounds pathetic, but I got 20-30 lays not approaching anyone.

I will say though, I've known guys who will not physically escalate if the girl is essentially rubbing the puss on them. You have to lay down when the situation dictates. Kino Kino Kino.

Quote: (06-08-2012 08:02 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

I didn't really look into "gaming" until after college. Honestly I stood around and looked pretty. Sounds pathetic, but I got 20-30 lays not approaching anyone.

I will say though, I've known guys who will not physically escalate if the girl is essentially rubbing the puss on them. You have to lay down when the situation dictates. Kino Kino Kino.

I feel that they are still not used to kissing/making out in public. Any light touching, or if you can get the make-out while still in public, almost guarantees you will get the lay from my experience. It seems to score you big points. My theory is that there are a ton of orbiters on campus, so you get rewarded for bold action.

If someone were to stay in one of those hotels, the logistics would be completely locked down. Any of those hotels is in the thick of bar country/campus. Maybe you could try to dangle the scratch tickets or some other props as bait to ease the transition from parties/bars to the hotel room. Not that the transition should be too hard anyways. A lot of these girls live in apartments or houses close by also, her place is definitely an option.

I haven't been there since I was 19. Got a few lays, but purely out of luck, as I got into game at around age 21. UW girls when I was going there would get sloppy shit faced drunk so even a fat ugly guy with no game could get lucky once in a while.

I remember one of my luckiest lays ever: I went to a house party with a friend of a friend. She was about a 7 on her best day. Ex-gymnast. I stood around not doing SHIT but drinking beers and being a wall-flower. We started walking home together we were both a little drunk probably 6 beers in each(she was supposed to sleep at our house that night) and she was holding my hand, rubbing my back, basically escalating on me. I had no clue what was going on and I was nervous and not reciprocating. We got to my house, she slept on the futon in the living room right outside of my room. I went to bed in my room. I woke up in the middle of the night, horny as fuck. I went to the futon with my blanket, told her "I'm cold" and laid down next to her and fell asleep.

Then I still couldn't pull the trigger about an hour goes by and I wake up and I was dry-humping her ass in my sleep. I wake her up, pull off her shirt, and start making out. Sex happens.

My other friend who was around 5'5"/5'6" and not that great looking once told me he banged a girl after the following conversation hooked.

her:"something about pizza"
him:"you like pizza? I like pizza too!" =>makeout=>bang

Moral of the story: UW is easy as fuck

BUT I remember seeing a lot of tall, in-shape, good looking guys walking around campus with fat beasts. My best guess is they start dating these girls as freshman and they stay in shape and their girls get fatter. Midwestern nice-guy values, I guess.

Also, most guys from the midwest are cool as fuck and great friends to have. Very rarely did I meet a douchebag in Madison. But when I was living in the dorms as a freshman there were a lot of weirdasses there. One guy wrote a poem about how he cried during a Howard Dean rally and posted it on his door. With guys like that running around, a normal, good looking guy would probably have no problem pulling. Girls in Madison are also really really horny. It seems like they're hornier than any other US city I've been to, or they just drink more. Perfect storm for SNL. I just couldn't stand the weather.

I know a guy like that who dates a chick. He was a bit overweight but whipped himself into shape and now has all these hotties swooning over him. His girlfriend is still a fatty though. You would think she should be shamed into getting her ass into shape too. Who am I kidding?

I've had two ons here where I didn't have to do jack shit, the girl basically took me back to her place and went to town. Only a 5 and a 6 though.

UW is definitely easier on the lower end of the hotness scale. I think with a moderate amount of game and some confidence it should be no problem to bag some 8s here though. I could be wrong but I think the competition from other guys is weak here. I need to visit again this summer and test my theory out.

looked up "madison, wi during the summer" on youtube and got this. Is this the type of quality to expect these days?

Quote: (06-08-2012 09:59 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

looked up "madison, wi during the summer" on youtube and got this. Is this the type of quality to expect these days?

Who told this kid he could sing? He should have saved that shit for the karaoke bar around the corner.

Yeah those girls seem right. I think they picked some of the better looking ones for that video though there are plenty of comparable chicks around. I have noticed lately that if anything I am seeing less fatties when I spend time in Madison. Maybe they are in hiding because it's summertime? Or maybe they finally lost weight? Wishful thinking...

Quote: (06-08-2012 10:10 PM)ImWaitingForTheMan Wrote:  

Quote: (06-08-2012 09:59 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Who told this kid he could sing? He should have saved that shit for the karaoke bar around the corner.

Yeah those girls seem right. I think they picked some of the better looking ones for that video though there are plenty of comparable chicks around. I have noticed lately that if anything I am seeing less fatties when I spend time in Madison. Maybe they are in hiding because it's summertime? Or maybe they finally lost weight? Wishful thinking...

That vid has almost seventy thousands views. Regardless of talent, I bet that kid gets laid like a rockstar on UW campus.

I'm also going to throw out that only a few were 6-7s. I got laid by hot girls doing nothing.

Quote: (06-09-2012 11:13 AM)_DC_ Wrote:  

I'm also going to throw out that only a few were 6-7s. I got laid by hot girls doing nothing.

Every time I go there these days I'm more practiced and have read more about game. Every time I go there I am less and less impressed with the competition. The college aged male is clueless.

It has been said in other threads(can't remember which one)that at universities around America something like 20% of the guys are having 80% of all the sex. I'd say it's more like 10-15% of guys taking most of the pie there. Probably the top 5% of dudes are sleeping with 50% of the girls on campus in my estimation.

This is not to disparage your skills at standing there and looking pretty at all.

Anyone planning on heading to Madison at all during June 11th-June18th?

I may be planning a city trip this week, possible 2-4 night bender bender while crashing at my friend's apartment on Lake Mendota. Prime real estate for grilling out and then seeing what the town has to offer at night.

What I'm interested in is that all these Wisconsin threads haven't caught HotWheels attention at all. Must be traveling these days?

Even though I live less than an hour away I really don't go to Madtown much as I'm a bit outside the typical co-eds age range.

Everything you talk about in the OP is accurate. State St. is the place to be and much like downtown La Crosse, everything you would want is within walking distance other than possibly a hotel. And since cabs are always available that's not an issue. A couple other hot spots on State are State St. Brats (pronounced brahts. Something you eat) and Wandos. From what little I have been there State should be awesome for day game. Saying that, the last time I was there I did get some IOI's so maybe I should get down there more.... But I digress...

If you like mall game you'll need a car as the two main ones are on the opposite sides of town. East Towne Mall and West Towne Mall (pretty original, eh?) have a decent number of hotties on average.

On Football weekends things are bit crazy. As I only go with friends that head back home after the game I don't have a lot to say other than there are a shitton of people around and the college students are usually pretty fucked up. UW is known as one of the top party schools in the nation and it shows on game weekends for sure. Getting a hotel may be an issue on these weekends.

I've been kicking around the idea of renting a place and spending a weekend in Madtown as I know it's a hotspot. The age thing is all that's making me question it as you don't see too many 42 y/o's on State.

One of these days I'll put together a Wisconsin Dells DATA sheet for you guys.

btw-I did add some info to the LAX thread, so I'm not MIA. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (06-10-2012 11:59 AM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Even though I live less than an hour away I really don't go to Madtown much as I'm a bit outside the typical co-eds age range.

Everything you talk about in the OP is accurate. State St. is the place to be and much like downtown La Crosse, everything you would want is within walking distance other than possibly a hotel. And since cabs are always available that's not an issue. A couple other hot spots on State are State St. Brats (pronounced brahts. Something you eat) and Wandos. From what little I have been there State should be awesome for day game. Saying that, the last time I was there I did get some IOI's so maybe I should get down there more.... But I digress...

If you like mall game you'll need a car as the two main ones are on the opposite sides of town. East Towne Mall and West Towne Mall (pretty original, eh?) have a decent number of hotties on average.

On Football weekends things are bit crazy. As I only go with friends that head back home after the game I don't have a lot to say other than there are a shitton of people around and the college students are usually pretty fucked up. UW is known as one of the top party schools in the nation and it shows on game weekends for sure. Getting a hotel may be an issue on these weekends.

I've been kicking around the idea of renting a place and spending a weekend in Madtown as I know it's a hotspot. The age thing is all that's making me question it as you don't see too many 42 y/o's on State.

One of these days I'll put together a Wisconsin Dells DATA sheet for you guys.

btw-I did add some info to the LAX thread, so I'm not MIA. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Well, like I said to cookie, if you plan heading over there, pm me. I may be visiting my friend sometime this week of 6/10-6/17. I can always put him off if RVF members will be around as he owes me big.

Hotwheels-Wrong. I see plenty of older guys in the bars, and definitely still some on state. State street may be easier to game in summertime (less school going on, just my theory) Cookie is the one that's under 21, I'm 23 so the bars are all savvy. I will put you in these co-eds' range[Image: banana.gif] Once inside a bar it won't matter at all. As long as you're not a 42yr old that looks like he's 50? That may be a problem then. As long as you look 47 or under I'd say you're golden. They dig mature looking guys anyways.

What do people usually guess your age at? I'll dress down a bit and you roll with something nicer to accentuate the mysterious mature guy look. Maybe you are my "uncle who is on vacation from his "consulting job in pakistan" or "step brother who is a hedge fund manager in town for the weekend"whatever works. I've been known to change my story by venue.

Being over here in Milwaukee, there is an easy bus I can hop on to get out there. Though if I can't find a friends to crash at I may have to check out one of those hotels I put up for a night or two.

Consulting job in Pakistan? hah I like the way you think.

Interesting about plenty of older guys in the bars on State. I never noticed any years ago when I was down there a few times. Will definitely have to check it out. The other bars around town are pretty much a normal WI type crowd as I recall. Other than the Cardinal... Is that still open? Used to have BDSM parties as shit as I recall.

I'm busy as fuck for the next week, possibly month if things come together, but hitting Madtown for a weekend may be in the cards. Will have to play it by ear as it all depends on what the contractors I am working with put together. Been in Iowa the past few weeks and it looks like at least a few more weeks coming up.

And I don't look 50 by any means. Usually guessed for around mid 30's. [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (06-10-2012 12:37 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Consulting job in Pakistan? hah I like the way you think.

Interesting about plenty of older guys in the bars on State. I never noticed any years ago when I was down there a few times. Will definitely have to check it out. The other bars around town are pretty much a normal WI type crowd as I recall. Other than the Cardinal... Is that still open? Used to have BDSM parties as shit as I recall.

I'm busy as fuck for the next week, possibly month if things come together, but hitting Madtown for a weekend may be in the cards. Will have to play it by ear as it all depends on what the contractors I am working with put together. Been in Iowa the past few weeks and it looks like at least a few more weeks coming up.

And I don't look 50 by any means. Usually guessed for around mid 30's. [Image: banana.gif]

I PMed you. Mid 30s is golden. Well if you're 42 and look 35ish, I've never considered 35 that old unless I was a little kid. We'll hit up plenty of spots but Merchant is a must i mean shit...I'm 3/2 there[Image: tard.gif] not bragging or anything, just gotta see if I can keep the streak alive.

Years ago...well even if it was 10 years ago you wouldn't have considered some 35/36/37yr old dudes that old. And you basically look 35 like you said so there you go. You are my 30 year old step brother who just got fired from J.P.MorganChase for failing to execute proper oversight over the London Wail who lost the company $2 billion and climbing. It was really the banks fault, they just needed a scapegoat, you already have offers from Bank of America and Goldman Sachs. But hey, you're taking your time and making them fight over you, I mean, you just got a huge severance from JPMorgan. So you are visiting relatives for the weekend and celebrating!

I am the master of stories that can never be questioned. What do bitches know about a synthetic credit portfolio after all?

seems like one huge frat party

not bad though, i could get down with some sororistutes.

Willy (Williamson) Street is often mentioned in discussions of Madison, but the talent level is sorely lacking, as it is where the old lesbians and hippie types hang out.

State St. during the day, even when school is out, seems to be good for street game.