rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Anyone Happy Where They Are ?

Has anyone found a place that matches their personality, lifestyle, and expectations from women ?

A place where you live well, work happily, have great friends, have a good selection of women and good hook up percentages ?

A place where you can travel to other locations and always look forward to coming back home ?

I realize no city or state will be absolutely perfect but are you living in a place whose positives far exceed the negatives ?

If anyone is living the good life please tell me where and why ?
I can't seem to find an ideal place to live.

I'm happy where I am.

I went to Tokyo last week, and damn I love that city. It's amazing.

The last night of the trip I couldn't wait to get back to Hawaii. I need the water and the women.

I just fit here. My family is healthy and happy, my businesses are all going crazy.

For some reason, everyone here likes me. Maybe it's because i love it so much.

You can read otherwise on this forum, but I've never seen better women anywhere in the world, and I've been everywhere. I can walk on to any beach, or into any bar and pull almost any girl I want. I can't do that any where else.

Aloha!

Kona, did you grow up there, or are you a transplant?

Quote: (06-04-2012 01:22 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Kona, did you grow up there, or are you a transplant?

Born here.

Left for college, then spent nine years in the Navy.

Aloha!

Japan is great. Good lifestyle, safe and wealthy, and easy, hot women.
Hot knife through butter easy, without the economic imperatives of poorer countries.

I'm tired of it though and ready to go elsewhere.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Finding a place to live is like finding a spouse.

1. List the top 10 things you desire in a city.
2. Find a city that has the top 2.

Trying to find the perfect city is like trying to find the perfect woman. Not going to happen. Even if you find the "perfect" city, it will change after a couple years.

I'm looking forbade perfect place to live. My requirements are;

Beach
Tidal Sea
Pretty white girls
Golf

I'm thinking Brazil is closest, but concerned about obesity there

I've just came back to my home city after 5 months in Thailand and I'm not overly enthused about it. Making plans to escape again ASAP but I haven't found the 'perfect' place yet. Bangkok is kind to me but it's a big and busy place and the heat / humidity kills me.

I'm very unhappy with where I live, given that my country (and particularly city) is both a) thoroughly americanized as far as girls, dating and divorce go, b) economically fucked up and with no hope of improving in the near future, and c) culturally/intellectually barbaric and very different from me. However, I have traveled and visited other places where I am certain that I would be happier - perhaps not 100% happy to the point of never leaving, but certainly a lot happier than I am now. That is enough for me. After all, people who have just started with game don't expect to instantly bang supermodels either, do they?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Toronto.

Its perfect and has everything I need........

Really though I appreciate Roosh's post because I feel that how it actually is. I have no idea what my ideal City is all I have done is read on place but I would feel happy in a place that has a European feel, with nice weather, well connected City with great looking women. Maybe a big City in Chilie or Argentina who knows. In a perfect would I'd want to live in a Alpha City: NYC, Paris, Tokyo (Can't fuck with LDN, I can't) but it would be so expensive I can't see that happening until a little farther down the road.

Bangkok has been pretty damn good. It's a real good combo of capital city amenities, constant nightlife and party vibe, amazing + cheap food.

I've met some cool cats here, solid guys with varied backgrounds, common denominator is they've all got a certain "get shit done" -ness to them and a freedom from the 'deferred life plan' that you would expect in people who have upped and left to relocate in south east asia, often running their own businesses or hustling online somehow. Good people to have met.

The girls are cool too, but IMO just "nice enough", not particularly sexy or engaging, but they can be fun and cute. Plenty of potential for same-night pull adventures and/or meeting a pleasant girl to make a regular.

All in all a great place to park up and work online, read, learn languages, and have a good time half way across the world, all for very reasonable costs. DEFINITELY beat cold, wet London in the winter, which is where I woulda been the past couple of years, and paying more in rent than my total expenses in Bangkok.

Happiness come from within.....

But no I totally see the question your asking

Also your avatar gives me a chubby an i would like to think of myself as not gay [Image: gay.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (06-04-2012 03:15 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Beach
Tidal Sea
Pretty white girls
Golf

You should check out Playa Del Carmen in the winter, it ticks all your boxes.

Living in Playa

Quote: (06-04-2012 08:52 AM)Jalouse Wrote:  

Living in Playa

Interesting blog.

Quote: (06-04-2012 07:23 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Toronto.

Really though I appreciate Roosh's post because I feel that how it actually is. I have no idea what my ideal City is all I have done is read on place but I would feel happy in a place that has a European feel, with nice weather, well connected City with great looking women. Maybe a big City in Chilie or Argentina who knows. In a perfect would I'd want to live in a Alpha City: NYC, Paris, Tokyo (Can't fuck with LDN, I can't) but it would be so expensive I can't see that happening until a little farther down the road.

Until I started posting on this forum Toronto was my favourite city. And I've been around quite a bit (Southern Africa, Eastern Europe and Western Europe).

Out of all the cities I have been to, I thought Toronto had all I needed. Funny that so many people have started to change my perception of it on a forum. It is as if I'm missing something somebody is NOT telling me.

So Toronto will continue to be one of my top cities next to London UK unless further travel experiences changes that.

1 My general criteria is somewhat multi-racial (since I'm mixed) and would prefer a town where I'm not being chased or threatened by picking up local chicks by local males.

2 Clean - need I say more

3 Safe - Don't want to live in a hotbed of violence and strife.

4 Tasty to the eye - descent architecture

5 Girls from all races/religions and and walks of life and

6 Tolerant society - see point 1, I don't need to feel threatened or shut out of economic opportunities.

7 Opportunities for growth - ability to make money

Toronto, and most Canadian (and American) cities fulfill this criteria.

I'm satisfied.

Beach
Tidal Sea
Pretty white girls
Golf

Living in Playa

Looks nice. I've been tempted to go to Mexico, but i'm guessing the women are pretty short. I'm 6"6', so not really interesting in anything below 5"3'

I've been pretty happy with my home. I also really like NYC, but it's way more expensive to live there than it is to live in my town.

If I had to list the top few things I look for in a town it would be this (in no particular order):

- cost of living
- job potential
- public transportation
- major market (attracts a lot of women)

Quote: (06-04-2012 10:14 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Beach
Tidal Sea
Pretty white girls
Golf

Living in Playa

Looks nice. I've been tempted to go to Mexico, but i'm guessing the women are pretty short. I'm 6"6', so not really interesting in anything below 5"3'

The majority of women that you will meet are tourists so think Europeans, Americans etc

There is also another good article on that blog about how this guy has been travelling for a really long time and how he paid for it.

Long term travelling

Quote: (06-04-2012 09:59 AM)DjembaDjemba Wrote:  

Quote: (06-04-2012 07:23 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Toronto.

Until I started posting on this forum Toronto was my favourite city. And I've been around quite a bit (Southern Africa, Eastern Europe and Western Europe).

Out of all the cities I have been to, I thought Toronto had all I needed. Funny that so many people have started to change my perception of it on a forum. It is as if I'm missing something somebody is NOT telling me.

So Toronto will continue to be one of my top cities next to London UK unless further travel experiences changes that.

1 My general criteria is somewhat multi-racial (since I'm mixed) and would prefer a town where I'm not being chased or threatened by picking up local chicks by local males.

2 Clean - need I say more

3 Safe - Don't want to live in a hotbed of violence and strife.

4 Tasty to the eye - descent architecture

5 Girls from all races/religions and and walks of life and

6 Tolerant society - see point 1, I don't need to feel threatened or shut out of economic opportunities.

7 Opportunities for growth - ability to make money

Toronto, and most Canadian (and American) cities fulfill this criteria.

I'm satisfied.

Yea I hear ya at first I was happy with Toronto also but then I kinda of seen through its facade. From afar when you look at its whole package it does have everything you need and is a safe and some what clean City. But when you start to look closer and analyze its parts on a micro level (for me anyways) its comes up painfully short. Evreything is half-assed here. But no need to dive in my views on Toronto as they are well known. Its a good temporary place but I could not see myself trying to live/settle down and live out the rest of my twenty's. I also don't want to be poor for a greater lifestyle in NYC or someplace so I hope I can stumble across a medium where I can get a urban lifestyle with some oppurtunities ot make some coin...so... it may actually be Europe? [Image: huh.gif]

If we're talking Canada and making money I would jump to Alberta. Its still somewhat cheap to live and wages are high.

Based off DATA sheets and responses from other forums my top 3 choices so far:

1. Minneapolis, MN
  2. Manhattan, NY
  3. Scottsdale, AZ
Minneapolis - CONS
Weather - COLD
Not very urban

Manhattan - CONS
Too expensive to buy a luxury condo

Scottsdale - CONS
Suburban Sprawl
Lack of tree's, mountains and lakes
Not very urban
Extreme heat

Following Roosh's post about narrowing down my options to 2 choices.

1. Upscale urban environment OR upscale bike/pedestrian friendly environment
  2. Good Ratio of liberal minded women to men
I'm enjoying reading other people's opinions so keep em' coming pls.

Quote: (06-04-2012 01:18 PM)velkrum Wrote:  

1. Minneapolis, MN
  2. Manhattan, NY
  3. Scottsdale, AZ
Minneapolis - CONS
Weather - COLD
Not very urban

Manhattan - CONS

Scottsdale - CONS
Suburban Sprawl
Not very urban
Extreme heat

It sounds like your describing Denver. Its urban and still close to natural sports like trails and mountains. It gets cold in the winter but its not going to kill you like it would in Minneapolis. Its urban enough but that all depends how hype you want the City to be. Vancouver or the better parts of the Bay Area would be my next suggestion.

Quote: (06-04-2012 01:18 PM)velkrum Wrote:  

1. Minneapolis, MN
  2. Manhattan, NY
  3. Scottsdale, AZ
Minneapolis - CONS
Weather - COLD
Not very urban

Manhattan - CONS

Scottsdale - CONS
Suburban Sprawl
Not very urban
Extreme heat

I live in Scottsdale, AZ (have been in the area for over 8 years), and I quite like it here. Girls are hot for US standards, very pleasant warm winters, and very affordable. Like California, without the ocean, but at third the cost and without the awful traffic of LA.
As for the cons you have listed - there are indeed mountains all over, as well as some lakes. No natural trees though as it's a desert, only cacti or spiky bushes. But 2 hours north is Flagstaff, AZ that has completely different climate with snowy winters (decent skiing) and cool summers and completely different vegetation (mostly pines).
The summer is obvious con, BUT since the humidity is very low 100 F might feel more pleasant as 80 F in a humid region.

Overall a good place with high standard of living.

Beach
Tidal Sea
Pretty white girls
Golf

I'll take the same list but replace golf and add more pretty white girls...Ive lost enough of my sanity trying to golf. Makes me angry just thinking about shanking balls

Toronto (suburb) - not happy.

I have been back for two years now after some time in London. Djemba Djemba makes some good points about Toronto, it is clean, nice architecture, great food and suprisingly good weather considering. I am in my 40's and remember when the city was amazing with a gritty side too it, now it seems to be taken over by the corporations/franchises.

Do we honestly need all these overpriced condo's? I have been to other cities whereby it seems they put thought into how it was built, in Toronto they are too concerned about the buck and building on every spare piece of land.

The women are alright looking, but I can get much better in other places for half the effort. My penis is not happy here and I am looking to move on next year.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Toronto

Not really my kind of city at all. It lacks a certain energy, people are for the most part very reserved with strangers and the women are arrogant and have an inflated sense of their attractiveness. (That said, I'm beginning to think that it is in some ways better for picking up than I thought and worse in other ways. The more I venture out of the Entertainment District the more I see dudes picking up (but it is still mostly a social circle game type of city). But at the same time more I venture out the more I see how race is an issue here (or maybe it is just getting worse). If you're a brother you're at a huge disadvantage not only with white, Asian and Indian women, but black women too. When I go out I'm usually the only brother who even tries.)