rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sheet: Tomatoes (cooked)

[Image: Tomato_0.jpg]

Here to drop a sheet on the benefits of having Tomatoes as a key part of your diet. I am all about health and trying to get the best out of life via food and lifestyle. After a hair cut, and the gym your diet is the quickest way to improve your physical and metal health.

Now I am here to focus here on Tomatoes which are cooked since they give you the most benefits as the important compounds are concentrated when cooked down.

[Image: Tomato_Juice.jpg]

Lycopene

The health benfits of Lycopene are well documented and all around the news now and then, Lycopene is what pretty much makes Tomotoes red and is a roubst anti-oxident. But aside from its cancer limiting properties you can get a lot of great stuff out of them for other aspects of health.

Skin:

Tomatoes are great for your skin and can help prevent aging. This is especially big for my white or fair-skinned bredren as the sun is probaly your worst natural enemy for aging. A diet hight in cooked tomatoes in due time will get you skin so resilient: you won't ever have to *really* wear sunburn agian. This is a bold claim but there are studies that support it if your dig around, and there are tons of living examples to support this. If you look at the Mediterranean climate and the folks whom inhabit those lands they consume more tomatoes (cooked) than any other group of people on earth. The Greeks and Italians are notorious for their rich, tinted, and healthy skin.Lycopene is a stronger anti-oxidant then the well known and lauded vitamin E which is sold by the boat loads at inflated prices.

[Image: Miss-Italy1-630x430.jpg]
[Image: bb51fd9e639c48dae8027a40aa0d6121.jpg]

A story

A older lady whom I used to work with her husband had a scare with melanoma after the doc did the necessary things to rid him of it he did his own research and decided to incoproprate more Lycopene into his diet. This man eats Tomato paste each day (on crackers, toast, stews, etc) and aside from having better skin - his hair is thicker, and he no longer gets eye strain from reading as well. Tomtoes are extremely high in Vitamin C which is great for blood vessels and your hair.

How to get more into you quickly and affordably.

Tomatoes for the most part are very cheap. And since you get more benefits when they are cooked - large cans of whole San Marzano Tomatoes are quite cheap. Or you can just cook down the regulars, just go for deep red (organic if you can afford it), and let them ripe up on your counter top, try not to put them in the fridge until they start getting soft.

Canned tomatoes are superior in taste and health in comparison to fresh.

Why?

Fresh tomatoes are generally picked while they are still un-ripe and green and yet to have reached their full maturity and health potency. They ride in boats and trucks then ripen up (somewhat) in the warehouses and supermarket before you buy them. This contrasts to canned tomatoes which have to be steamed and cooked before canning, this is generally done on or near site of the tomato patches and thus they give these tomatoes more time to grow and mature on the vine. This ups the potency and quality of tomatoes your eating. This is why in most legit Italian restaurants (unless they got legit and expensive import sources) have no qualms in using canned tomatoes for sauces because they know it is the best quality you can get outside of the sun-soaked plains of Italy.

There is nothing wrong with your regular romas you get at Publix or Loblaws but for taste and health canned, or HQ fresh on vine tomatoes are your best bet.

Tomato Juice + paste

Cheap and quick and how I mostly get my tomato fix in is via Tomato juice. V8 is in every supermarket and a good choice if you want to get in your daily Tomato quick (just make sure to get the low Sodium stuff).

Even cheaper is just to make your own... its really just: tomato paste, water, salt, vinegar and maybe some celery or carrot juice thrown in (minimal amounts) but thats about what is contained in the brand-name stuff like V8 or Motts. For .50 cents you can make 2-3L of the stuff of your own with some salt, vinegar, sugar depending on your tastes (you optionally can juice or blend in carrots, beets, or celery for more health benefits or to mimic the brand-name stuff). Takes about 5 min to make a batch which should last 5 days in your fridge. [See recipes below]

Tip[** Avoid storing your juice in Metal canteens as it makes alkalinity type reaction quite bad and will turn toxic. Also avoid storing it for long periods in plastic.. no science on this.. but I jsut don't fuck with plastic due to the estrogen like hormones it contains. Ideally go grab some 1 or 2L Mason/Glass Jars and store it in there]

Health Benefits of Tomato Juice

Quote:Quote:

Simple Tomato Juice recpie:

1 (6 ounce can) tomato paste (no additives)
6 cups water
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Tabasco sauce (optional)

^ Yes really that's it. I add in back pepper, but you can throw in a splash of apple juice also if your like it more sweet then zesty.

If you got tons of time, want more deep flavor you can go old-skool and make your own pot of the stuff cooked down and chilled.

Quote:Quote:

Old School Homemade Tomato Juice:

12 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into quarters
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup coarsely chopped onion
2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar

Directions:

Combine first 6 ingredients into Dutch oven, bring to a boil.

Reduce heat.

Cover and simmer 30 minutes.

Remove from heat.

Put vegetable mixture through a food mill or sieve.

Stir in salt, paprika and sugar.

Chill thoroughly.

Serve over ice if desired

http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-toma...z1wesjJEkh

^ This stuff would taste amazing. If you have some spare time you will be rewarded putting in the extra effort to make this version.

Stews and sauces also are a good way to get tomatoes in as well. If you got a knack for cooking its easy to make up a legit tomato sauce to throw on pasta. Don't fuck with the canned stuff like Prego which is full of crap and coloring, make your own in the same amount of time. OR spend a Sunday making a big pot of classic Italian sauce and freezing a whole bunch of it in smaller freezer bags to take as you need.

All in all its a Male super-food which helps the outside of your body and inside. The Sun is the biggest factor in wearing down your face, so take steps to protect it and look like your 30 when your 45.

Tomatoes...Its good for your:

Skin
Hair
Eyes
Dick
Prostate
Blood
Semen
your stools
(vitamin C is a natural stool softner [Image: angel.gif])

Some links to read up on stuff if your need more info.

Prostate and healing properties:
http://www.naturalnews.com/023527_cancer...state.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/020575_grocer...atoes.html

Wiki rundown of health benfits:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycopene#A...h_benefits

Lycopene and your skin:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/humanbody/trutha...toes.shtml

*Cheers*

Great stuff. I'll have to look more into this. I've never even heard of cooked tomatoes being one of those "wonder foods". I'll have find a way to get it into my health staples: eggs, acv, omega 3 fish oil, and kale.

I love how you included pictures of beautiful women in your "tomato data sheet"!

Great tomato break down dude!

damn, couldn't find tomato paste at the store over here, all they got was sauceish stuff and puree

Good thread. The only downside for me with tomatoes is cold sores if I eat too many over a period of a few weeks.

Quote: (12-01-2012 02:43 AM)reino341 Wrote:  

damn, couldn't find tomato paste at the store over here, all they got was sauceish stuff and puree

Puree isn't bad. It's just a bit thicker.

Good data kosko.
Here's another tip guys:
Eat one raw tomato each day like you would an apple. It has tremendous benefits specially for the prostate, the skin and anti aging process. Oh and it's delicious. If your tomato is not as ripe and tasty, just add a little bit salt on it and enjoy.

I fucking love tomato paste. Ill eat a whole can of that shit with a spoon.

Quote: (12-01-2012 03:11 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Good data kosko.
Here's another tip guys:
Eat one raw tomato each day like you would an apple. It has tremendous benefits specially for the prostate, the skin and anti aging process. Oh and it's delicious. If your tomato is not as ripe and tasty, just add a little bit salt on it and enjoy.

Quote: (12-01-2012 03:21 AM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I fucking love tomato paste. Ill eat a whole can of that shit with a spoon.

Gross...[Image: sick.gif]

Great datasheet. I'm not a huge fan of tomatoes outside of pasta sauce but if that shit will stop me from getting sunburned I guess I'll choke some of the juice down.

Strained tomatoes or Passata can work if you can't track down tomato paste. They might also call it something else such as "tomato concentrate" also.

It's a blank canvas so you can spice it how you see fit. I know older cats that will make virgin bloody Marys/Cesars with the Clam juice and just skip the booze. Or you can make a spread with paste & flavourings and put it on toast, flatbreads, and crackers.

Overtime you end up craving the stuff. For me tomato juice over ice with hot sauce and pepper is a treat. Plus it's rich and filling I can just drink it as a snack on its own.

So tomatoes are that good for you? I hate the buggers but if this is the case I'd be willing to learn to eat more of them I guess. It would be cool to get better skin. Great data sheet.

What about Tomato soup!!!?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Also, tomato paste is a common ingredient in chili too. Pair that with the lean ground beef (protein) and beans (fiber) and it makes for a really healthy dish.

Why do this instead of taking a lycopene pill?

wow..i had no idea about how healthy tomatoes are. I've been eating like 2-3 tomatoes/day for the past months and i did see an improvement in my skin(i've got acne), but i attributed it to all the creams i've been using.

Quote: (12-01-2012 02:05 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

Why do this instead of taking a lycopene pill?

Nobody knows if the body is even absorbing much of the Lycopene in pill form (there is no research about it). So it might just be pissed out its hard to say. But real talk - If a man is to lazy to crack open a bottle of V8 or to squeeze some tomato paste out then I don't know.....

I used to be a big pill popper (still kinda am) I am convinced I piss most shit out. I have scaled down how many supplements I take and really just try to eat nutrient dense foods instead. Stuff like: Kale, Beets, Sardines, Tomatoes, Chia Seeds, Alfalfa Sprouts, Seaweed, Qunioa, etc will do a lot of good to you versus searching out pills which will do the same stuff the natural food will.

I love my supplements but its a fools game to think that it is more ideal then in its real form. Plus if something actually tastes good (tastes differ of course) why not eat/drink something tasty versus popping a chalky pill.

This: http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Lycopene-...ftgels/332

Per serving has the same amount as Lycopene as a Tablespoons or two of Tomato paste.

Two notes on absorption:

-Lycopene binds to the fibre in raw tomatoes and hinders it's absorption so this is another reason behind going for cooked options rather then raw tomatoes.

-Also fat helps with the absorption of Lycopene so a nice Tomato basil sauce with Olive Oil, or tossing some good oil into your tomato soup, or juice will go along way to make sure your body utilize all of the Lycopene.

As noted above stews and soups are a good bet for sure. Pasta will explode your gut if you eat it daily, but a nice Bison/beef stew or chili will do you good.

I agree that food nutrients generally digest better due to the presence of fat/carbs/fiber, but the simple fix is just to consume caps/tablets with food.

I'm addicted to the tomato paste. I put it on a spoon and just eat it like that. Also all foods that are red are good for the love muscle.

http://www.chakraenergy.com/seven.html

Not to derail the thread, but I wonder if it's time to have a culinary subcategory. A lot of guys on here have the knowledge, and I think threads like this are catching on in popularity. I will have have access to a kitchen soon, and will be able to contribute more.

As for tomatoes, I fucking love them. So many of my recipes call for them. Or I just eat them raw.

Actually bought some of this today

[Image: dca6_CopyofV81008_original_1-5L_01B_600h__detail.jpg]

It's mostly Tomato, with Celery and some other stuff.

I confirm as I am currently experiencing all those benefits myself, which includes spontaneous healing from a ulcerative colitis.

The main reason is that tomato is VERY good at helping the liver to flush all the crap your body holds.

Whats a man to do if he doesn't like tomato's??

I love the culinary threads that have been dropped in the Lifestyle forum over the last month, including this one.

Tim Ferriss cooks a steak.
Thedude makes oatmeal
Thedude cooks a steak
Tuthmosis cooks a steak like the dude.

I've got a couple in the works, one for potato skins and another for spicy garlic chicken wings.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (12-03-2012 05:57 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

I love the culinary threads that have been dropped in the Lifestyle forum over the last month, including this one.

Tim Ferriss cooks a steak.
Thedude makes oatmeal
Thedude cooks a steak
Tuthmosis cooks a steak like the dude.

I've got a couple in the works, one for potato skins and another for spicy garlic chicken wings.

Your profile pic reminds me of Indian butter chicken, my absolute favourite Indian dish.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (12-03-2012 09:29 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Your profile pic reminds me of Indian butter chicken, my absolute favourite Indian dish.

I like butter chicken, but for common Indian entrees, my hierarchy goes like this:

1.) Lamb Vindaloo

2.) Saag Paneer

3.) Chicken Tikka Masala

4.) Butter Chicken

5.) Jalfrezi

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.