rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When you hit a plateau...

Roosh mentioned something about plateauing in Day Bang and as I'm kinda going through this right now I think it will make an interesting discussion.

I Think I've reached a plateau with my current night game results.
I'm thinking about taking a time off night game to put some thought on my my night strategy(venues I choose etc) and work on my looks and on being a more "interesting" man.

I'm focusing more on day social game as well.

Every man , as in weight lifting , has a plateau that once reached it becomes very hard to overcome ?

Did you ever felt like this ?

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

what's your plateau?

Mine is I can score when I'm drunk but not sober.

What makes you think you've reached this point? Quantity? Quality? Are you not getting action? Are you getting numbers but flakes? Dates but not closing? I've felt the plateau feeling in other areas many times but without qualifying what you mean in terms of game and results I don't think we can help you.

Anyway, it's never wrong to take time off to work on yourself!

Quote: (05-15-2012 08:03 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

what's your plateau?

It's when you feel that you cannot get better results with your current "status". Unless you bring something else to the table , you will be stuck in the same "league"

You still haven't answered the question mate. What results are you getting now? How does that differ from what you want to be getting?

On an average night out, are you getting numbers? Some tongue action? Are you taking home ugly sluts and banging them out?

Where are you, where do you want to be?

Quote: (05-15-2012 08:11 PM)redacted Wrote:  

You still haven't answered the question mate. What results are you getting now? How does that differ from what you want to be getting?

On an average night out, are you getting numbers? Some tongue action? Are you taking home ugly sluts and banging them out?

Where are you, where do you want to be?

I've been taking home 5-6 chicks or kissing 7's + number close .

I want to approach better and to present myself better, in order to get better girls. Thankfully I'm getting better results via socialday game.

I'm not sure If I got lazy and need to work in my inner game study game to use in regular night situations , or if it is the case where I can't have it better than this.

If you're consistently closing (even if it's 5s-7s) you probably don't need more material or more reading.

Are you approaching only midrange girls? Are you getting shot down by hotties?

I would suggest taking a week off all game entirely to just reflect, write down some thoughts and do some honest self-reflection. I would venture to say that your plateau is mostly mental. I know it's easy to stick to low hanging fruit - the girls just above your boner-test threshold - but that's not a challenge. You want the best of the best. Are you approaching them? If not, why not? If you're intimidated, that's OK. We all feel that way some times. Find out how to change your mindset.

Improving areas outside your life is always good value. Unless you are really crappy, I don't think your lifestyle is holding you back much. You might THINK it is, which in turn manifests itself in the fear I just mentioned, but you can fix that by both addressing the issue -and- addressing the fear. I would venture to say that the fear is more harmful. So much of game is internal once you've passed a certain "not a loser" threshold.

Day game is awesome. I'm still getting my head around it, but once you get the hang of it the possibilities are endless.

Let me know what your time of self-reflection unearths. Maybe just totally disconnect from game entirely for a day or two. No blogs, forums, dates, approaching, nothing. Just reflect and see what reveals itself to you.

The good news is that your biggest gains will usually come right after you snap a plateau [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (05-15-2012 08:19 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

I've been taking home 5-6 chicks or kissing 7's + number close .

I want to approach better and to present myself better, in order to get better girls. Thankfully I'm getting better results via socialday game.

I'm not sure If I got lazy and need to work in my inner game study game to use in regular night situations , or if it is the case where I can't have it better than this.

I think game can only take you so far, not that you can't constantly improve and reach higher levels, but at a certain point everything else factors in (looks, lifestyle, status, wealth, etc.).

I don't know you Mr. GM, you seem like a cool guy from your posts, and also that you are intelligent and have good game. That said, I'm sure there is something(s) that you can improve that will help you attain more women, and more beautiful women. Maybe it's hitting the gym harder, improving your physic, stepping up your wardrobe, or expanding your social circle, making more money to afford the top tier spots.

At the end of the day, some of us aren't going to be able to improve everything drastically enough to get the really hot women, 8.5-10, if you're very short, have an unattractive face, physical deformity, extreme psychological problems, are homeless living on the street, etc.

I know a lot of guys will disagree, but this is a superficial world we're living in, to get the hottest women, you have to offer the best package, for some guys that might be being tall, ripped, and handsome, for others it might being a successful artist with status and connections, or maybe it's financial success with a plush lifestyle filled with only the finest.

Any how, I'm probably off on a tangent. The point is work as hard as you can to improve what you have control over, I'm not about to get plastic surgery, or try to get the surgery to add 4 in. of height, but I can lift heavy in the gym, eat smart, make $$, read books, improve my game....

You can take every step to mitigate all of those things. Physical deformities can be corrected, short guys can date shorter women, ugly faces can be mitigated by impeccable style and grooming. Psychological problems can be managed with proper care and medication (I should know!). Financial issues (living on the street being the most extreme) are also fixable. If you've optimised away most of your major negatives, your game will let you close top tier women. You just better be AWESOME in the areas you're not deficient.

There will always be some women who don't like you for some immutable reason. I'm 6'1 and in pretty decent shape but you know what? I've had girls shoot me down FOR BEING A WHITE GUY. Yes, you heard right. I am a tall, fit, attractive white male and I got shot down for being a tall fit attractive white male. That happened.

If you have any of these 'extreme' issues that will severely hurt your odds and you're not optimising for them aggressively , no you will not get the top tier of women. Does a guy 6 inches shorter than me have to work harder just because of his lack of height? You bet. That doesn't preclude him from getting there.

This is all commentary though. It doesn't sound like our boy here is lacking in any major way. I'd be willing to bet that it's all mental. Maybe he can tell us? Are you out of shape? Do you dress poorly? Are you poor? Do you have a stupid-ass haircut? I'm willing to bet that your current resistance level is not a result of simple logical factors.

Quote: (05-15-2012 08:41 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

At the end of the day, some of us aren't going to be able to improve everything drastically enough to get the really hot women, 8.5-10, if you're very short, have an unattractive face, physical deformity, extreme psychological problems, are homeless living on the street, etc.

Strategy vs. Tactics.

Tactics are the in-field maneuvers one performs as a situation develops, which in this case is our game.

Strategy are the preparations and plans one makes before the situation develops, which in this case is our social status, overall looks, cash flow, and other things that take years to develop.

Ask any military commander, and he'll tell you: Strategy is useless without good tactics and tactics are pointless without a solid strategy.

If you feel your tactics aren't getting you anywhere, then obviously you need to focus on your strategy.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.