rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bali

Any Bali insiders on here?

I was there in 1995 and 2005. I had a blast. The hotels are like palaces. The folks are all Hindu but the law is Muslim. I liked this because there weren't a lot of hookers for an Asian party City.

People are telling me this is changing. Just talked to a guy that says Bali's turned whore-heavy. Can anybody confirm this?

Plus, someone told me, and I read that the governments not letting too many foreigners in these days. Has this caused a slump in tourist party girls? I love them.

Aloha!

Bali

I went 2 years ago for spring break. It's not as whore heavy as say, Bangkok, but you'll hear taxi drivers holler "Balinese girl for you" as you walk every 5 feet. They're definetly not restricting foreigners, as Bali's economy is completely dependent on them. The majority of the tourist party girls come from Italy and Australia. The girls want sex and if you run game you won't have a problem.

Bali

Quote: (11-04-2009 12:28 AM)simonh Wrote:  

I went 2 years ago for spring break. It's not as whore heavy as say, Bangkok, but you'll hear taxi drivers holler "Balinese girl for you" as you walk every 5 feet. They're definetly not restricting foreigners, as Bali's economy is completely dependent on them. The majority of the tourist party girls come from Italy and Australia. The girls want sex and if you run game you won't have a problem.

I love Australian girls.

I liked Bali because for an Asian spot you could swoop a local and not have to worry so much about her having other intentions.

Did you get a car there?

I want to go on a circle island drive of the whole place, preferably with some Aussie girls.

Aloha!

Bali

Make sure you take the ferry over to Lombok too.

I picked up two local girls there in two days in Sengigi (they were friends too, lol). Happy days.

Bali

Quote: (11-04-2009 04:44 AM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (11-04-2009 12:28 AM)simonh Wrote:  

I love Australian girls.

I liked Bali because for an Asian spot you could swoop a local and not have to worry so much about her having other intentions.

Did you get a car there?

I want to go on a circle island drive of the whole place, preferably with some Aussie girls.

Aloha!

I never got a car. Taxis are extremely cheap.

Bali

Quote: (11-04-2009 10:21 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Make sure you take the ferry over to Lombok too.

I picked up two local girls there in two days in Sengigi (they were friends too, lol). Happy days.

Did you surf? I'm reading mixed reports about waves.

If so did you go to Kuta, and are the waves everything people say they are?

Aloha!

Bali

I dont surf. Only kitesurf.

Bali

Quote: (11-03-2009 09:42 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Any Bali insiders on here?

I was there in 1995 and 2005. I had a blast. The hotels are like palaces. The folks are all Hindu but the law is Muslim. I liked this because there weren't a lot of hookers for an Asian party City.

People are telling me this is changing. Just talked to a guy that says Bali's turned whore-heavy. Can anybody confirm this?

Plus, someone told me, and I read that the governments not letting too many foreigners in these days. Has this caused a slump in tourist party girls? I love them.

Aloha!

I guess Bali is more of a family holiday place, except mainly in Kuta-Legian where it's more of a party scene, but it's mostly young australians and japanese, and the australians often come across in mixed sex groups, but .... late at night the main road in Kuta seems to be lined with prostitutes, sometimes you'll find them hanging around the airport as well, generally they look filthy to me though. There's a red light district in Sanur, never been there though.

Btw, the law isn't Muslim in Bali, if you mean sharia, the law isn't Muslim anywhere in Indonesia except Aceh and to a limited extent in a few backwoods towns.

The government hasn't changed policy towards tourists that I've heard, they're still not incredibly welcoming with the stupid 30 day rule on tourist visas, but hard currency is always welcome...

Bali

I spent alot of time in KL and also Jakarta, took a couple weekends in Bali. I would recommend Kuta beach for the nightlife and also the waves. Im not sure what kind of crowd to expect now as most of the aussies travel there in the may-September range.

That being said, much better nightlife then a Phuket or any Malay beach i went to.

Bali

Hay friends !!

Some Month ago I was trip on Bali !!!
Friends I really enjoy and very entertain from this place !!
I decided that for every year I will go to Bali !!

And I heard about Pataya and Bangkok !!!

Is also a nice place for trip of enjoy !!!

Bali

Bump. I'm considering going here for a month before my year in Singapore to do a quick and dirty joint venture with a friend for passive income.

Can anyone comment on:

-Populations of Euro/Scandinavian women
-Cost of living
-Ease of transportation
-Muay Thai?

Thanks

Bali

Quote: (11-05-2011 02:28 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Bump. I'm considering going here for a month before my year in Singapore to do a quick and dirty joint venture with a friend for passive income.

Can anyone comment on:

-Cost of living
-Ease of transportation
-Muay Thai?

Thanks

As others said it's majority Aussie there, but there are tons of Euros including some Scandanavians. I banged a Swedish tourist chick when I was there.

Cost of living is more than say Vietnam or Laos, but if you are living there I think you can get a pretty sick apt for cheap, and the cost of renting a moto isn't bad. Sorry, can't remember exact prices. Beer can be expensive, even in 7-11's but if you party in Kuta there's one club where they serve free liq in the upstairs VIP room every night. I think it's called Sky Garden. You just get a VIP pass for free from one of the girls handing them out during the day on the main clubbing street in Kuta.

Bali

Thanks Nomadicdude.

Dan Andrews over at http://www.tropicalmba.com mentions in his blog that here seem to be more western expat chicks in Bali than others. You guys might like this post:

http://www.tropicalmba.com/thailand-vs-b...ilippines/

However, I split "Western Expat Chicks" into two very different categories:

-Scandinavians, French, and Eastern Europeans who I go nuts for
-American/Canadian/Aussie which I strongly dislike - and Aussie seems to be the largest demographic by far

I don't have an Indonesian flag yet so if I go I'm obviously going to be gunning for that. Swedish/Norwegian is high on my list, I'd be looking out exclusively for Scandies.

My potential JV partner has been kind enough to let me live in his 3 BR crib, so my housing costs are not part of my cost of living.

Bali

Quote: (11-05-2011 02:53 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Thanks Nomadicdude.

Dan Andrews over at http://www.tropicalmba.com mentions in his blog that here seem to be more western expat chicks in Bali than others. You guys might like this post:

-American/Canadian/Aussie which I strongly dislike - and Aussie seems to be the largest demographic by far

I don't have an Indonesian flag yet so if I go I'm obviously going to be gunning for that. Swedish/Norwegian is high on my list, I'd be looking out exclusively for Scandies.

My potential JV partner has been kind enough to let me live in his 3 BR crib, so my housing costs are not part of my cost of living.

Not sure if you like Dutch chicks, but there are a lot of Dutch girls in Bali as Indonesia use to be a Dutch colony.

Bali

Can you comment on what Dutch chicks are like? I'm not sure if there's been a lot of talk about the DUtch on this forum. I remeber the ones I saw in Paris being tall and brunette for the most part. Not very feminine but fairly good looking.

I'm not sure how DTF they are. If they're like French or Scandies, esp in regards to Asian men, then that bodes well for me.

Bali

Quote: (11-05-2011 03:10 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Can you comment on what Dutch chicks are like? I'm not sure if there's been a lot of talk about the DUtch on this forum. I remeber the ones I saw in Paris being tall and brunette for the most part. Not very feminine but fairly good looking.

I'm not sure how DTF they are. If they're like French or Scandies, esp in regards to Asian men, then that bodes well for me.

Lots of blonds actually. Yeah, not very feminine. They can be super tall. Somewhat more boney than Scandanivians so sometimes you get plump ones, but I've also seen many super hot ones. They are liberal and DTF but you also get femi nazi types. They usually speak really good English.

Bali

RE: white chicks: 70% AMER/AUS 30% EURO/SCAN
You don't want a car. You'll need a motorbike.
Good party budget is 1500-2000 bucks a month. You can get by on less if you want.
Local indo/balinese girls are great. Lots of party girls, lots of fun good girls.
Paid for girls are common in 3-4 main clubs in Kuta. Higher end escourty type girls frequent higher end places in Seminyak.
Some martial arts training at Hammerhead gym in legian, not sure on Thai stuff.
Waves are great in Bali, in particular in the south of the island 30 minute drive from central party area.

Bali

Thanks Danski,

I keep hearing about surfing in Indonesia.

Can anyone comment on surfing as a means of staying fit?

Also, any clue where these Scandies are hanging out in Bali?

Bali

Bali is easy. Scandies hang where everyone hangs: Skygarden [Image: smile.gif]

Surfing is a great way to stay fit, and easy / cheap to learn in Kuta area. It's not my bag, but many comment Bali is one of the top places to learn in the world.

Quote: (11-06-2011 08:16 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Thanks Danski,

I keep hearing about surfing in Indonesia.

Can anyone comment on surfing as a means of staying fit?

Also, any clue where these Scandies are hanging out in Bali?

Bali

I spent some good time in Bali in '06. Did a boat trip all around Indonesia too.

With regards to girls and nightlife, it's more fun in Thailand though IMO

Bali

They're there. Not in vast numbers though. Aussie tourists out-number every other kind 10 to 1 probably.

-Cost of living

Cheap. Not as cheap as Thailand. But comparable.

-Ease of transportation

Same. Although in Bali a lot of drivers will scam the fuck out of you. ALWAYS use the meter.

-Muay Thai?

Didn't see or hear of any there. Surfing is a great cardio and upper-body workout, but it has a steep learning curve. So prepare to put in a ton of effort with little reward the first week or two you do it. Then it slowly gets easier and more fun after that.

----

I told you this privately already. In my opinion Bali doesn't offer anything that Phuket or Phi Phi don't do better except slightly better tourist parties and surfing. There's less nightlife, but it's bar girl free. There are a lot of young Aussie girls there, a few Euros and a few Americans. Lots of dudes, but they're young (18-22) so they have no game. The scene gets old fast as there's really only 3-4 venues to go to (Sky Garden being the main one), and a handful outside of Kuta, so after a few days you begin to see the same people over and over again. I'd happily go back for 3-4 days. But I made the mistake of spending three weeks there, and by the third week I wanted to hang myself. What kills the place for me is the locals are not friendly at all. You get ripped off left and right, sold bogus tours, given fake bills, rides to places you didn't want to go, I even had a bartender try to charge me for two drinks when I ordered one. Just dealing with it day-in and day-out really eats away at you. I'm in India right now, and I feel more respected and less hassled than I did in Bali.

If you want your Indonesian flag, it shouldn't take you more than a couple nights to get it. The local girls you run into in the bars there are very DTF.

Bali

Some of the below rings true if you are coming to Bali for quick/fast nightlife in Kuta area. Nightlife in Bali excels more for the expat crowd-- more chill spots with friends and so on. For going out and picking up it can get old quick (like Entropy noted). The locals being scammy/etc is primarily a central Kuta phenomenon in my experience, you can avoid it by hanging out with some locals or expats or places they frequent. I find the folks in Bali to be hyper friendly and helpful. I left my iPhone in a restaurant the other night and a waiter came running in to the parking lot after me... i was happy about it but not surprised at all.

If you wanna have a blow out, Koh Phi Phi and Phuket by all means, but if you are looking for a quality place to live for a while, Bali is a clear winner on nearly all fronts beyond "crazy nightlife."

Quote: (11-06-2011 12:22 PM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

They're there. Not in vast numbers though. Aussie tourists out-number every other kind 10 to 1 probably.

-Cost of living

Cheap. Not as cheap as Thailand. But comparable.

-Ease of transportation

Same. Although in Bali a lot of drivers will scam the fuck out of you. ALWAYS use the meter.

-Muay Thai?

Didn't see or hear of any there. Surfing is a great cardio and upper-body workout, but it has a steep learning curve. So prepare to put in a ton of effort with little reward the first week or two you do it. Then it slowly gets easier and more fun after that.

----

I told you this privately already. In my opinion Bali doesn't offer anything that Phuket or Phi Phi don't do better except slightly better tourist parties and surfing. There's less nightlife, but it's bar girl free. There are a lot of young Aussie girls there, a few Euros and a few Americans. Lots of dudes, but they're young (18-22) so they have no game. The scene gets old fast as there's really only 3-4 venues to go to (Sky Garden being the main one), and a handful outside of Kuta, so after a few days you begin to see the same people over and over again. I'd happily go back for 3-4 days. But I made the mistake of spending three weeks there, and by the third week I wanted to hang myself. What kills the place for me is the locals are not friendly at all. You get ripped off left and right, sold bogus tours, given fake bills, rides to places you didn't want to go, I even had a bartender try to charge me for two drinks when I ordered one. Just dealing with it day-in and day-out really eats away at you. I'm in India right now, and I feel more respected and less hassled than I did in Bali.

If you want your Indonesian flag, it shouldn't take you more than a couple nights to get it. The local girls you run into in the bars there are very DTF.

Bali

Quote: (11-05-2011 03:01 PM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

Quote: (11-05-2011 02:53 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Thanks Nomadicdude.

Not sure if you like Dutch chicks, but there are a lot of Dutch girls in Bali as Indonesia use to be a Dutch colony.

Where have you seen all those Dutch chicks in Bali ? It all Aussie over there. Indonesia used to be Dutch colony for 350 years but that ended in the 1950"s after a bloody breakup and afterwards most Dutch people left Indonesia. Your statement is total nonsense.

I'm Dutch and have been in Kuta 3 weeks last year.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Bali

I didn't meet a single Dutch person in Bali. Was there 3 weeks as well.

Bali

Ugh, last thing I need right now is another wave of Aussie tourists.

I'll probably make my trip no longer than 1-2 weeks, in that event.