rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

on insomnia and quitting smoking

So yeah, I've been trying to quit smoking in the last week. My sticking point now is no longer cravings, but insomnia. Have any of you guys gotten insomnia from quitting? Does this generally last longer than a week? Do you guys have any tips for treating insomnia?

I feel like smoking makes me an insomniac . But also, when I first quit, I did have insomnia . Try exercising, like a bike ride, after dinner . Don't stay on the computer either , stay away from it after your ride or whatever form of exercise you choose . You've got to bring yourself down a bit and prep yourself for sleep . Try reading (not on the computer though . ) Also, Melatonin works . Try getting some of that , taking one an hour before you want to sleep, and read for thirty minutes . You won't get knocked out but you will feel tired enough to lull yourself to la la land .

This is absolutely the case with me when I try to quit smoking weed.

Not sure if you mean ciggarettes.

I found that the only thing that helped me was exercise. It was a double whammy, made me not want to smoke for the rest of the day and also made it easier to sleep. Though I never found it harder to sleep.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

I must be weird, when I go 4 hours without a smoke, I pass out. I do sleep irregularly because of it, and my dreams tend to be really fucked up.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Hi Hades,
To quit smoking to deal with insomnia workout regularly and prefer morning exercises. Set a quit day and make it special for you. Ask your friends and family members to support you, avoid going to places where you might found smokers. Save money you would spend on cigarettes and plan for a treat tomorrow.

make sure you throw out all lighters, ashtrays, cigs etc.. anything to do with smoking and avoid alcohol for the first three months as well.

i tend to quit for 6 months of each year to give my body a break then slink back to it again, rinse and repeat.

if your insomnia gets bad, a script for tamazapam does wonders, its nice and light and works like a charm

Quote: (04-21-2012 05:56 AM)Hades Wrote:  

So yeah, I've been trying to quit smoking in the last week. My sticking point now is no longer cravings, but insomnia. Have any of you guys gotten insomnia from quitting? Does this generally last longer than a week? Do you guys have any tips for treating insomnia?

Since you're talking about cravings, I assume you mean cigs. In which case, the easiest way to overcome insomnia is to hit a bowl pack before about an hour before you sleep. Weed is the best sleep medicine IMO

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quitting smoking is probably the easiest, cheapest contribution to better metal and physical health you can get. I speak from experience.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat