rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Reputation status update

Reputation status update

So we haven't had the reputation system for a month.

I think I have a good pulse on the forum, so I've examined very closely any changes. Two positive things I've noticed:

1. More newbies participating.

2. Less fighting between senior members and newbs.

As for quality, I can't say that it has improved or declined. Considering that Mixx left, and he was a great contributor, any perceived decline is probably due to his absence alone.

I know traffic and post count are not signs of quality, but both are quite high. In fact the forum broke a record the other day with 9000 visits and nearly 1000 posts.

I'm going to extend the no-rep experimentation. I see it doing more benefit than harm. The forum still maintains its character and the desire to share has not changed, though I would like to hear from those who changed their mind (first thought rep was important, but now don't think so, or vice versa).

Reputation status update

I was pro-rep at first but now I can see that is not that important. My major concern was about senior members like Mixx or G Manifesto leaving because of the lack of a reputation system. I'm still not sure if it had an impact on the quality of Datasheets , but I believe that is something we must take a close look in the next months.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Reputation status update

I think that the overall tone and vibe of the forum changed for the better, but I still miss a way for newbies and veterans alike to keep track of "who is who" over here, and the rep system helped personalizing ourselves some more.

It also was a means of keeping track with top and timeless posts that shouldn't be forgotten.

I'm not sure which side I am on this, but those are my impressions.

Reputation status update

I haven't really noticed a change in post quality for better or worse but I'd still like to see a Hall of Fame forum or something similar so we can keep the rep system's function of pointing out top-quality posts. One thing I have seen is a fair number of duplicate threads (not that we didn't have them before, but I'm pretty sure the amount has increased slightly), which I think this would help to alleviate.

Reputation status update

I agree with Amour Fou about needing a way to distinguish either senior members who contribute regularily or members who don't post often, but post good information from the others. I've seen a few instances of newbies lashing out at/arguing with members when the members being attacked have proven themselves time and time again.

I also agree with gringochileno about having a hall of fame thread section or something. There are a lot of quality threads that get lost in all of the other threads. For example Tuthmosis' first date bangs recipe is stellar, but if it isn't being posted in it falls down the rankings and newer members might not see it right away.

I think with the old rep system there were guys who posted a bunch of quality threads or ideas and therefore got a lot of rep points due to the knowledge whereas there were a lot of "underrepped" guys who contributed more to the vibe of the place with the occasional data, usually guys newer to the lifestyle, but open to learning.

Reputation status update

Quote: (04-08-2012 05:22 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

I haven't really noticed a change in post quality for better or worse but I'd still like to see a Hall of Fame forum or something similar so we can keep the rep system's function of pointing out top-quality posts. One thing I have seen is a fair number of duplicate threads (not that we didn't have them before, but I'm pretty sure the amount has increased slightly), which I think this would help to alleviate.

I wish we had a better way of browsing the posts as well. There's so much info on this forum, but unless you have a specific topic in mind for a search, it can be hit of miss sometimes. I know that game is somewhat nebulous, but maybe we need more categories or some kind of rep system for individual posts?

Reputation status update

I'm over it. At first I didn't like the idea of doing away with the rep point system, but after a month I miss them a lot less than I thought I would. I'm just fine without them.

Reputation status update

One thing I miss about it is the 'best of' aspect, being able to quickly check out a list of someone's best contributions. Apart from that I'm indifferent.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Reputation status update

I'm good with things as they are. I think it will be apparent who the veterans are here because the date they joined and their post counts are visible. Finding a way to easily access the best content would be great, but as for a system that grants individual rep points, I think we're just fine without it. If you like what a guy posted, giving him flowers or a ring or some dinner is a funny way of letting him know you appreciate that particular post.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Reputation status update

Put a thanks system at least...

Reputation status update

There have been complaints of repetitiveness, but I think that's bound to happen with any forum of decent size and participation - some topics are bound to be rehashed.

I also expect that new data sheets will be less forthcoming in the future, but not because members won't receive rep recognition - we've simply already covered so many destinations of interest.

I am open to the idea of a "Hall of Fame" forum though. TOTSE.com used to have one; threads of significant contribution were eventually locked and moved to the Hall of Fame subforum.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Reputation status update

While some are concerned people won't post data sheets due to lack of incentive, I am more concerned with people bs'ing a report for reps.

For this reason, I don't mind things disabled.

Reputation status update

I don't think the de-activation of the rep system will have any long-term negative affect on the forum. The removal of the rep system may compel a few folks to leave the forum, maybe some others will choose to be less active. Still others will step up to fill the void, and life will go on.

The heavy-hitters will continue to be easily identifiable by their frequent and valuable contributions, their large post counts, and by their seniority on the forum.

I think some sort of rep system that would result in certain high-value threads' induction into a Hall of Fame would be even better than individual reps. Thread reps would recognize not only the creator of the thread, but also other posters who add value to a thread that they didn't necessarily start.

Reputation status update

I thought losing the rep points was a good thing when it happened but as Samseau's said the Game forum has suffered. In my opinion it's become the least interesting board on the Forum. It could be due to to the loss of MiXX, I don't know. We've been bleeding senior members heavily this year. Dash got banned, MiXX left, G went on hiatus again and now HC's gone too. That's what I'm concerned about more than anything. We need to stop bleeding valuable posters (Dash not included).

Also we really do need a way to index great posts and develop a hall of Fame for awesome contributions, like Tuth's Recipe for First Date Bangs, my Mistaken Identity Opener [Image: blush.gif] If we can get something like this going, we can bury Rep Points for good and I wouldn't have a problem with that. Just my two cents.

Reputation status update

Roosh, why not just post a poll to see how people feel?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Reputation status update

Quote: (04-08-2012 08:39 PM)P Dog Wrote:  

Dash got banned, MiXX left, G went on hiatus again and now HC's gone too. That's what I'm concerned about more than anything.

Where do you get the idea that HC is gone? It shows his last login was yesterday and he's posted in the last several days.

I admit I've been something of a forum junkie since my teens when I first discovered usenet newsgroups in the mid 90s. Contributors come and go. Forums go through their up and down swings depending on who is there and what the chemistry is between the prolific users and what everyone wants to contribute. It's just the natural ebb and flow. There's no point in freaking out over the lost of a key member here and there. It just means they've moved on to greater things. I'm at the point where I don't even read the game forum much as I don't think there's much more for me to absorb from it at this point. I mainly like discussing the male-oriented topics and some of the more fun things in the anything else forum and sometimes I'll browse the travel section to see what people are reporting around the world. But I certainly don't expect to be here forever either. Hell, I doubt Roosh himself will be here the rest of his life. People move on. Nothing really wrong with that.

Quote:Quote:

Also we really do need a way to index great posts and develop a hall of Fame for awesome contributions, like Tuth's Recipe for First Date Bangs, my Mistaken Identity Opener [Image: blush.gif] If we can get something like this going, we can bury Rep Points for good and I wouldn't have a problem with that. Just my two cents.

I totally agree. A hall of fame thread thread would be a great idea. A place you could quickly glance over if you need some inspiration. But then the challenge is determining what constitutes a hall of fame worthy post. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of guys dropping posts that they think should be in the hall of fame, and then getting angry if it doesn't make the cut. Would Roosh be the sole person that determines this? Would there have to be a certain number of guys giving it props? Would it have to have a high viewer count?

Reputation status update

We've been bleeding senior members heavily this year.

Just because people spend a few weeks off or not contributing much doesn't mean they are "gone". I'm actually more suspicious of people that don't take a break at all to recycle themselves.

There is life out there, ya know?

[Image: today_my_internet_connection_went_down.jpg]

Reputation status update

If we get a hall of fame there's nothing to say that it won't get exploited like the rep system.

"shut up noob, I have four threads in the hall of fame, how many have you got?"

Not to be an asshole, but I'm just saying it is a possibility.
I remember gmanifesto completely disregarding and disrespecting another members opinion just because he hadn't written any data sheets.

People are going to be people, there's always going to be some conflicts. But I think the disabling of the rep system was a good thing. It seemed silly that we had a points system. We're men, we shouldn't give a fuck about how many internet points we have. It's childish.

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

Reputation status update

Quote: (04-08-2012 08:24 PM)bigxxx Wrote:  

While some are concerned people won't post data sheets due to lack of incentive, I am more concerned with people bs'ing a report for reps.

For this reason, I don't mind things disabled.

I agree with this statement, I am not concerned as much about the rep as the bs.

Don't give them what they expect, and you'll get from them what you never expected.

Reputation status update

Yeah, I thought the rep points on the board could be redeemed for something tangible, like air miles, free hotel stays, ect. When I found out they were useless, I stopped caring.

Still though, it gave an idea to who had contributed more to the forum. I just got back from a resort in Greece that was PACKED with Persian girls looking for dick. I closed 3 hotties in 4 days. Was gonna write a data sheet but don't have a lot of incentive or motivation right now.

Maybe we should have a data sheet swap meet? Ya know, like I'll trade you 1 Tampa and 1/2 Newcastle sheets for your Malia, Crete data?

Reputation status update

Quote: (04-08-2012 09:19 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Just because people spend a few weeks off or not contributing much doesn't mean they are "gone". I'm actually more suspicious of people that don't take a break at all to recycle themselves.

When they say they're not going to login to the forum again, it means they're gone. G is a different case though.

Reputation status update

Quote: (04-08-2012 09:58 PM)P Dog Wrote:  

When they say they're not going to login to the forum again, it means they're gone. G is a different case though.
Where's Neil?

Reputation status update

Quote: (04-08-2012 10:02 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Where's Neil?

I think he's butt hurt over his online herpes outbreak.

Reputation status update

^^^^

Not meaning to be a prick, but when you guys quote a post like that you don't have to bring the picture together with it, it messes up the thread.

Reputation status update

Quote: (04-08-2012 10:04 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (04-08-2012 10:02 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Where's Neil?

I think he's butt hurt over his online herpes outbreak.

I didn't even realize he wasn't posting. I realize that people come and go here, but it's been a lot of quality guys in a very short time frame.