rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman marries disfigured Marine

It's not a new story but I thought it would be worthy of discussion here.

Woman marries disfigured Marine ...divorces a year later.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/ziegel.asp

[Image: yqSDP.jpg]

The fairy tale goes like this: they are high-school sweethearts from a small town, Metamora, Illinois, in the American Midwest. He graduates from high school, becomes a US marine and is sent to Iraq. When he returns, they get engaged. He proposes before he leaves for his second tour. She is 18; he is 21. She can't wait for him to come home.

The tour is cut short. A suicide bomber blows up near his truck and he suffers horrific, life-changing injuries.

A day later he is in San Antonio, Texas, at the Brooke Army Medical Center. She leaves her home town for the first time to fly there with his mother so they can be by his side. She is there for him. His injuries are severe. He will have numerous operations and she will stand by him throughout. It will be a year and a half before they all go home. In the meantime, she will move in with his mother. The homecoming is a triumph. He is a hero and she is his heroine. Their commitment to each other is inspiring and rock-solid. They get married. She is now 21 and he is 24. The wedding takes place on October 7, 2006, and that date is declared a state holiday. Renee and Tyler Ziegel Day. Their romance is covered by The Sunday Times Magazine. They plan to have a family. Love conquers all.

Unfortunately, difficulties in the marriage proved too much for the couple to overcome, and Ty and Renée were divorced in January 2008.

Team Nachos

She tried to make something work.

It didn't work.

It's just a god-awful tragedy.

Quote: (04-02-2012 06:47 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

She tried to make something work.

It didn't work.

It's just a god-awful tragedy.
I agree. Didn't read the article, but the kind of injury he suffered has probably really done a number on his mind.

Let's face it, most modern American women would never have stuck with him as far as she did.

She looks horrified in the picture. I wonder if his family convinced her stay with him until he recovered.

Team Nachos

Yea I really can't hate on her too much, i couldn't deal with that if it was the other way around

How many men would have told their wives, "Leave"?

I would have.

blank post

I am the cock carousel

I remember reading about the marriage, didn't realize that they ended up getting divorced. Sad story all around.

I do give her credit for sticking around for at least a little while, and trying to make it work. Gotta agree with assman though, I'm sure being disfigured wrecked his mind.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

This is a tragedy. At least she stood with the guy through the recovery process in the hospital.

I met a guy in the past who looked just like this guy. It was a shocking , life-changing experience. Makes you feel ashamed about all the times you complained about silly stuff in your life.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

she looks so sad! i wonder if she was pressured into marrying him and/or married him out of pity. still, props to her for sticking by him when he needed her most. most girls wouldn't have.

Who knows what else is going on. He could have PTSD.

Really no way to tell.

Tragic.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

glad to see everyone maintaining some perspective on this. I expected some real female-hating.

I agree there could have been a lot more going on to make it all fall apart. Either way, that couldn't have been easy for her.

Also, she could be looking bitter at the wedding because a ton of people were talking shit behind her back but being fake at the wedding and either husband and/or family talked her into going through the ceremony anyways. Just a thought.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Her expression appears neutral to me. Women are the more superficial sex but I'm not surprised by the divorce just by the fact that she went through with the wedding and stuck it out for a year. After reading that story no man should ever complain about looks hindering his game.

Dude looks like a cross between Sloth(the Goonies) and Freddy Krueger.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Here's the poor kid before.

[Image: 1196037400.jpg]

Team Nachos

Yeah, I feel bad as hell for the girl. Definitely rep her for sticking it out for a while to make things work.