rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dude Kicked Off Campus For Hot For Teacher Essay

Quote:Quote:

An Oakland University student says he's considering legal action after he was kicked out of an English class for writing a "Hot for Teacher" essay.

Joe Corlett, 56, of Lake Orion, Mich., admits his writings during a fall 2011 Advanced Critical Writing class contain sexual fantasies about the instructor.

And his handwritten entry, which is now in the hands of a free-speech activist group, uses the title "Hot for Teacher" -- a reference to a song on Van Halen's 1984 album about a student fantasizing about a racy teacher.

"Then there's Miss (teacher), English 380," Corlett wrote, explaining his thoughts of dropping the class. "She walks in and I say to myself, 'Drop, (expletive), drop.' Kee-rist, I'll never learn a thing. Tall, blonde, stacked, skirt, heels, fingernails, smart, articulate, smile. I'm toast but I'll stay. I'll (screw) up my whole Tuesday-Thursday class thing if I drop. I'll search for something unattractive about her. No luck yet."

Corlett said the entries were part of a diary-type assignment with no limitations.

"I asked and she said, 'No, no topical restrictions,' " Corlett said.

Corlett said university officials banned him from campus for 2012's spring, summer and fall semesters. He was allowed to enroll in two online courses this semester.

He's waiting to hear whether he'll be able to continue his education online, he said.

Oakland University spokesman Ted Montgomery said the school could not comment on the matter because it involves student conduct. The instructor could not be reached.

Corlett now has an "incomplete" grade for that class. A university student conduct committee also found him guilty in January of sexual harassment and intimidation charges after a hearing with four professors and two students. He wants that decision reversed.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/s...=obnetwork

Some things need to be cleared up...

How does a "diary-type" writing assignment (which looks like *fiction writing*) connect with an "Advanced Critical Writing" class (unless it's for a written reflection on their learning)? What does the teacher aim to accomplish with this assignment?

Granted that the guy lacks social intelligence and smarts (he could've picked another topic or at least changed up the details of his writing about the teacher), the teacher's *not prepared* to handle a potential can of worms with "no topical restrictions."

He's banned for writing THAT?

Get the fuck out of town, these people are crazy high strung politically correct freaks that need to get laid. They probably banned him because his age makes it a bit more creepy.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote:Quote:

Corlett said the entries were part of a diary-type assignment with no limitations.

Except, of course, that there were limitations.

Remember, never believe anything that comes from someone who believes themselves to be "left-wing".

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I feel sorry for this kid because I used to be similar in mindset.

if someone had have given me a 'no-limitations' essay and then confirmed it was no limitations, I was enough of a cheeky SOB that I probably would have got myself arrested.

I doubt it was just the essay. He probably contacted the teacher outside of the classroom for sex after he was sure she read enough of his critical writing. Or made his writing more and more graphic after she asked him to stop. IF it wasnt one of those 2 he could easily win a lawsuit against the school. One down, 3,410 more to go.

Quote: (03-15-2012 10:36 AM)Kitsune Wrote:  

if someone had have given me a 'no-limitations' essay and then confirmed it was no limitations, I was enough of a cheeky SOB that I probably would have got myself arrested.

Except that he's 56.

Quote: (03-15-2012 03:18 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

Quote: (03-15-2012 10:36 AM)Kitsune Wrote:  

Except that he's 56.

Holy shit!

Yeah, ok. Consider my remark redundant then. I thought he was 18 or something. Should have read closer.