rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Money not in bank, good or bad idea?

Do you think that saving all or some of your money outside a bank is better or worse? If someone has none of his money in the bank, how is the law going to affect him? Also if you were going to keep all your money out of the bank in what kind of place would it be?
Just curious...

Quote: (03-13-2012 11:36 AM)Andreas Wrote:  

Do you think that saving all or some of your money outside a bank is better or worse? If someone has none of his money in the bank, how is the law going to affect him? Also if you were going to keep all your money out of the bank in what kind of place would it be?
Just curious...

Some people store physical gold outside of the bank. And not, I'm not going to tell you my hiding places.

I keep a lot of money in various places outside a bank.

Especially some where I can grab it immediately if my house burns down.

The majority of my money is in the bank. The rest of it is hidden in a secret spot.

Quote: (03-13-2012 12:04 PM)xsplat Wrote:  

Just curious...

Some people store physical gold outside of the bank. And not, I'm not going to tell you my hiding places.

Haha, last bit looked a bit trollish. If i was to become a thief i would be in jail from day 1 though.

Just curious...

When the dollar collapses, there will be a bank holliday and people won't be able to use their money. Have a safe box or behind the matress.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Quote: (03-13-2012 12:04 PM)xsplat Wrote:  

Just curious...

My uncle has like 100k of gold buried somewhere. Hes like a modern day pirate. Now to find the map and go digging.

If the dollar collapses, what good will the money behind the mattress actually be?

As long as the FED continues to print $$$, there shouldn't be any risk of banks running out of cash.

However, have some spare cash lying around in case of extreme emergencies isn't a bad idea.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (03-13-2012 12:31 PM)Kitsune Wrote:  

If the dollar collapses, what good will the money behind the mattress actually be?

This, I feel like the "US is collapsing" people are kind of missing the point.

If the banks collapse, there are going to be far more problems, and that $1000 under your mattress isn't going to mean much.

Saving some cash for an immediate emergency- probably a good idea
Saving gold in a worst case scenario- not a terrible idea
Hiding your cash for a collapse of the US- pointless

You loose money either way (mattress or bank) Banks steal from you. You make next to nothing dumping your cash in them. If people woke up and realized the bank just nickle and dimes them it would be a great thing. If you have a good amount start up a diverse portfolio. If not then yes by physical metals as a better way to retain the value of your money.

Parking you PAPER money in the bank.. It just gets smaller and smaller. Honestly with money (and almost everything else) DON'T do what the majority of people do. Its been proven the majority of people are sheep and just copy each other. Banks are viewed as "safe", "stable", and of course "easy" none of which are true.

Go buy some Gold and Silver
Get a small home vault
Get a gun

Your good.

If and when the dollar collapses (I don't think it will "end" but it will eventually become worthless) they will sting you by just rolling it over into something new. The USA already has phantom SDR currencies floating around amongst the Banks. They will simply roll over FED paper into this making your FED paper worthless.