rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lesson: In Your Lowest Moments

A lesson I recently learned is that in your darkest times you cannot turn to a woman (unless it's your mother) for support.

Girlfriends or wives. They will see your weakness and turn against you. They won't be there when you need them the most.

Who do you turn to? Your friends. They are your brothers in arms and will be there for you through highs and lows. You don't even need to talk to them about it, just the fact that they can grab beers with you or go out to the driving range is enough.

Then you have arrived! When things aren't going well for a man, women will most definitely bail on you, while expecting you to be supportive when they are at their lowest. This is how they are. Even when a woman seems to be working to keep you happy, it's only because you have something that she values even more. Take those things away, she'll feel like she isn't getting anything out of the deal. She'll be looking to upgrade at that moment. Few will hang around while you work out your problem, and if they do, they'll feel you're indebted to them and will throw it up into your face everytime she feels she isn't getting her way.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Funny thing is, they are completely oblivious to this!

You can never expect consistency from women, it is just part of having a vagina.

I learned a long time ago not to ever, ever, ever let girls know my true feelings. I could of been fired, car got towed and the lights shut off. A girl will not care and will think you're acting like a bitch if you start opening up and "whining. It's sad that you can only talk to your mom and grandma about deep things.

Anytime I've experienced tragedy in life and turned to a girl for support it's been a complete joke. As much as women try to portray themselves as emotionally evolved creatures capable of the utmost compassion, nothing could be further from the truth. In each instance I found each girl to be completely incapable, and far too insecure and hung up on "having the right reaction" than providing any solid compassion. No matter how warranted (in my case my mom's death), a girl will see a hurt male as weaker or inferior.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (03-11-2012 10:52 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Anytime I've experienced tragedy in life and turned to a girl for support it's been a complete joke. As much as women try to portray themselves as emotionally evolved creatures capable of the utmost compassion, nothing could be further from the truth. In each instance I found each girl to be completely incapable, and far too insecure and hung up on "having the right reaction" than providing any solid compassion. No matter how warranted (in my case my mom's death), a girl will see a hurt male as weaker or inferior.
Damn thedude [Image: sad.gif] I'm sorry about your mom man. I would say if a girl truly tries to understand and wants to help you out when you're doing bad, you should keep her around. I don't think I've ever met one of those girls.

Timeless lesson on women. They will always be a net drain on your time, resources, and emotions.

In your low periods you can't even turn to your Mother for support, she's a woman you shouldn't expect her to act any different. That's something that I had to learn the hard way. I love my mother but at my lowest point she treated me worse than anyone I knew. I remember a time at her lowest point, I came back around to help her out and get her back on her feet but when I was in that position she had no prob dropping a deuce on me and kicking me while I was down.

I personally stress having a mentor in all areas of life: career, financial, spiritual, even one for game. Despite having mentors in your life there are some points where you seem to not have anybody around to help. If family can't do shit for you who can. Plus when it's something emotional do you really let your boys know what's going on in your life. When I was down, everybody disappeared so it took me a while to get out of that funk. Hopefully I will never be at that point again.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Quote: (03-12-2012 12:38 AM)sine wave killer Wrote:  

In your low periods you can't even turn to your Mother for support, she's a woman you shouldn't expect her to act any different. That's something that I had to learn the hard way. I love my mother but at my lowest point she treated me worse than anyone I knew. I remember a time at her lowest point, I came back around to help her out and get her back on her feet but when I was in that position she had no prob dropping a deuce on me and kicking me while I was down.

[Image: undecided.gif]

Agreed.

I came at the same conclusion . When you take a look closer is not really surprising , you just have to look women friendship .
They do not have any long friendship . How can't they be loyal and supportive if they never encounter this kind of this situation with their friends . A long friendship means you had pass threw up and down and during a long period of time . You can't have any loyalty and empathy with someone if you haven't develop this kind of value with anyone .

This is a depressing concept but it is so true. I remember turning to a female friend for support once after a harsh breakup and the look on her face went from empathy to pity to disgust pretty damn quick.

I've met a couple friends in life that I'm lucky to be able call lifelong friends. These guys are the only guys that I'll go to for support besides my dad.

Explaining the realities of your life in any detail is the quickest way to dry up a pussy.

It's simultaneously encouraging and disheartening to read this thread. I thought I just had a bad crop of women in my life--ones that when I hit rock bottom simply turned their back on me or worse, put salt in the wound. Now it's seeming like this is more common than I ever imagined. It makes sense, for every reason we've ever discussed on this board.

Despite all this "being equal" and being "strong women," women are as weak as ever (even weaker). It takes a real man, not some knock-off wannabe man-woman, to extend a hand to guy who's down and pull him back up on his feet. I've done it, and I've had it done for me.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Women are the consummate fair-weather friends. They're all in when things are going great, but as soon as some misfortune strikes, they're gone with the wind. They even do it to each other. If one of their friends becomes a drag because they've hit a rough patch, they'll talk shit about them and turn on them in a second.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (03-12-2012 11:51 AM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Women are the consummate fair-weather friends. They're all in when things are going great, but as soon as some misfortune strikes, they're gone with the wind.

Summarizes everything.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (03-12-2012 11:51 AM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Women are the consummate fair-weather friends. They're all in when things are going great, but as soon as some misfortune strikes, they're gone with the wind. They even do it to each other. If one of their friends becomes a drag because they've hit a rough patch, they'll talk shit about them and turn on them in a second.

[Image: dfb99d9a277f.gif]

This thread contains too much wisdom not to be bumped...

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Haha this is sad but true. When I was a little kid, whenever I was down my mom would get mad at me for not being happy. Legitimately pissed off at me.

If you let any woman get the hint that you're not constantly on top of things and grabbing life by the balls, she'll despise you.

Disagree with he assertion of this thread and surprised by the consensus comments.

I've seem plenty of circumstances of wives being there for their husbands in times of need. Spend some time in the ICU.

Quote: (03-07-2017 05:32 PM)nmmoooreland20 Wrote:  

Disagree with he assertion of this thread and surprised by the consensus comments.

I've seem plenty of circumstances of wives being there for their husbands in times of need. Spend some time in the ICU.

I agree and disagree. Of course wives in healthy marriages are expected to be there for their spouse and usually are in my experience. Luckily, we still have a lot of social shame for women and men who bail on their marriage partners in bad times.

However, short term relationships or plates will be gone like the wind at the first sign of trouble. A good number won't leave right away because they want to use the situation to virtue signal. They get to show to their friends they are "trying to be supportive of you, the loser" but it is usually the beginning of the end for the relationship. I've seen plenty of relationships end because the guy lost his job or got arrested for something minor(no jail time kind of offenses).

I pity guys that don't claim to have supportive female family members, that sounds like it could be damaging.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

even wives who love their husbands will harbor resentment for your weakness, whether in physical health, mental health, or economic health.

plus there is a certain amount of self-interest among those in the ICU.

Really depends on the wife. Now if a girl is merely a plate or a casual girlfriend, I wouldn't expect much. Telling them about your problems will usually just dry up their panties.

However, exceptions exist and depend on the girl and/or situation.

For instance, I was a bit irked with work and was telling my wife about it on the phone and lunch. She sent me a text right after the call telling me how great of a husband and father I was and that she was going to suck my dick tonight. (My wife just gave birth two weeks ago so her vag is still recovering. To compensate, she blows me every night and/or whenever I want.)

The big point being her how much my wife deeply desires me. To get even close to that in various plates, you'd have to be gaming hardcore every damn day, always maintaining frame.

However, the OP still has a point. When I have real serious shit that's happening - I turn to my dad. I trust his knowledge and wisdom to tell me like it is. My wife is young, though about to turn 21. She just doesn't have the real world knowledge yet. Regardless I still greatly appreciate her support, especially when it's been a rough day. A glass of whiskey being presented to me upon getting home with a blowjob right after takes the edge off.

I will not discredit your claim nor the other guys in agreement as I am sure you have your reasons. However, from my observations most mothers, especially those in successful marriages, would give their lives for their sons with no thought of personal gain or attention whoring. I have no reason to believe they would for anyone else. And personally, I've always found my Grandmother to be a rock solid supporter of me and have found her advice extremely useful, although that may be a generational thing.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

At the lowest point in my life an 86 year old great grandmother and my sister were the ones to pull me out.

When shit really hits the fan men have to be the strong ones. Women are strong and helpfull in their own ways.

If the world goes to shit, men will be the ones standing on the front lines, though most clueless western women may like to think they will be their too wielding a samurai sword like on The Walking Dead. Fact is they will be the ones who do nurture and take care of the sick.

If men are men and women are women there is nothing disheartening about it.

The only reason they there in ICU is to save face. To not be there reveals the true self to the world. Everybody will know what a self centered bitch she really is.........and probably there will be a financial payout upon death. So you got to act concerned.

"......break her ass and shake her ass.... " - Tupac