rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will I get divorce raped in court even if I'm not American?

One of my goals in life is to one day move to the States, permanently. The marriage route is one of the easiest ways to accomplish this. We all know what marriage in the States mean for men, but will I also get slaughtered by the court system in the US even if I don't have a job history or a mortgage in the US?

I do not know anything about family law. This is not legal advice. But the answer is undoubtedly, "yes."

Depends on the quality of your lawyer and your income in relation to hers.

If you don't have any job history nor do you have any publicly-viewable assets then I don't see how you can get fucked in divorce court. Generally, the men who get a really bad deal in divorce:
1) Make equal to or make more than the woman
2) Have a shitty lawyer
3) Have children with the woman in question
4) Don't have a good prenup.

if you don't have much money, then you aint got much nothin to loose

Quote: (03-11-2012 03:14 PM)metalhaze Wrote:  

if you don't have much money, then you aint got much nothin to loose

alimony.

Quote: (03-11-2012 02:12 PM)Donald Duck Wrote:  

One of my goals in life is to one day move to the States, permanently.

From what I hear you'll probably get regular raped.

But seriously, if you don't have anything to go after, you can't lose anything.

Aloha!

One of my goals in life is to one day move to the States, permanently. The marriage route is one of the easiest ways to accomplish this. We all know what marriage in the States mean for men, but will I also get slaughtered by the court system in the US even if I don't have a job history or a mortgage in the US?

The answer is yes. Just hide the money in a safebox not registered to your name. Anyway, why should you wnat to take that risk?

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

If you buy a house put it under your dads name or moms. As for potential alimony, depends what you do.

RuLe of thumb, don't get married in the USA. Make your perm residence officially in some other outcry if you can.

I don't know about the US, but in many places trusts are a good way to go. Especially if you have significant assets and children. Essentially you name your children as benificieries of the trust. So your wife/ex-wife cannot get hold of the money directly. What is the wife going to say in court? The trusts set up for her childrens benefit must be disolved and the money given to her so that she can sit on the couch eating bon-bons and watching Oprah?

Maybe not relevant to the playboy lifestyle, and obviously you can't protect all your assets this way since you need to keep some for your own needs. But if you want to settle down you HAVE to arrange your affairs so that your wife receives no lottery-style jackpot if she decides to divorce you.

Quote: (03-11-2012 06:29 PM)Luvianka Wrote:  

The answer is yes. Just hide the money in a safebox not registered to your name. Anyway, why should you wnat to take that risk?

Read the bolded.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

My guess is yes, but you should really speak to a lawyer about any concerns you might have.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Depends on a lot of factors like how long you were married. I doubt you will be paying alimony if you are only married for 2 years compared to something like 10 years. Will she be working? Will you be buying houses or renting while you are married? Do you plan on having kids with her?

Ok ignore all the people telling you not to get married. Marriage is the easiest way to citizenship. If your insistent on becoming a US citizen then go for it but personally I would probably recommend citizenship at one of EU member countries.

As for getting married, who says you have to marry and fall in love and have kids? Get a good friend whom you can trust and marry that guy/girl. One of my close friends married a high school friend (for citizenship) and she lives with another guy. They didnt date or live under the same roof but they are close friends so they know everything about each other to pass all the bullshit tests they give you. Try this route, keep sex, money, relationship out of the picture and youll be fine.

I doubt you will get raped in court in this situation. Are you a "third world" immigrant? A european, Kiwi, or Ozzie? If your from a poor non-western country and your "marrying up", you have almost no risk. Cats from poor countries run this scam on american and canadian women all the time to get citizenship and I haven't heard of any getting screwed in the divorce proceedings, if anything they might come into some money. Just stay with her for as long as the law requires to get your permanent residency and then citizenship. After that your off the hook.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

We all know what marriage in the States mean for men, but will I also get slaughtered by the court system in the US even if I don't have a job history or a mortgage in the US?

It depends on several things, but if you don't plan to have kids, if you come to the US without some significant assets, and your wife has a job and makes close to what you do, I don't see any way for you to get "slaughtered" by the court system. At least here in California (the divorce laws here are defined by the state)

Despite the impression you might get, the divorce laws in the US seem to be pretty fair. A typical complain usually involves a dude who's doing well financially who married an attractive but poor (ex-)party girl with a crappy job; sometime he even makes it worse by turning her into the housewife. Don't go this route and you should be fine.

Quote: (03-12-2012 09:42 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

We all know what marriage in the States mean for men, but will I also get slaughtered by the court system in the US even if I don't have a job history or a mortgage in the US?

It depends on several things, but if you don't plan to have kids, if you come to the US without some significant assets, and your wife has a job and makes close to what you do, I don't see any way for you to get "slaughtered" by the court system. At least here in California (the divorce laws here are defined by the state)

Despite the impression you might get, the divorce laws in the US seem to be pretty fair. A typical complain usually involves a dude who's doing well financially who married an attractive but poor (ex-)party girl with a crappy job; sometime he even makes it worse by turning her into the housewife. Don't go this route and you should be fine.

Really?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

@ Azulsombra/OldNemesis My dad got "screwed in the divorce proceedings" despite being from the poorest country in the world. We have to assume this guy is going to make something of himself locally within the 2-3+ years (or longer) of marriage. If your marrying to stay in the US, youll get screwed marrying for love.

several things to consider:

1) kids happen, 99% of all kids are an accident
2) Your probably gonna make something of yourself and being male its not that hard to believe your income will surpass your wifes at some point Say "hello" to alimony
3) Everything you make/own during the years your married are split down the middle 50-50, are you cool with that?

Stick to my advice if your marrying for citizenship, hopefully your friends dont want to screw you like potential lovers do.

Thanks for your answers, guys.

Quote:Quote:

Depends on a lot of factors like how long you were married. I doubt you will be paying alimony if you are only married for 2 years compared to something like 10 years. Will she be working? Will you be buying houses or renting while you are married? Do you plan on having kids with her?

Well I definitely don't plan on marrying a woman for 10 years. 2 to 4 years is more realistic for me as it takes about 2-3 years for the unconditional green card to become permanent, then I can divorce. The laws are that the person in the States should file for the fiancee visa and also have enough income to financially support me during a period of some years. Should I do this, I definitely won't buy a house yet, only rent a small place with her and no kids at all.

Ok ignore all the people telling you not to get married. Marriage is the easiest way to citizenship. If your insistent on becoming a US citizen then go for it but personally I would probably recommend citizenship at one of EU member countries.

As for getting married, who says you have to marry and fall in love and have kids? Get a good friend whom you can trust and marry that guy/girl. One of my close friends married a high school friend (for citizenship) and she lives with another guy. They didnt date or live under the same roof but they are close friends so they know everything about each other to pass all the bullshit tests they give you. Try this route, keep sex, money, relationship out of the picture and youll be fine.

I already have EU citizenship, I only want a green card. Good point about marriage btw.

Yeah if I come to the US without barely any money at all and just some savings to rent a place I doubt I can get severely 'punished' by the US court system... If I make $1800 a month and she makes $2700, I don't have much to lose, I think... Edit: so lets say her dad is a rich man and she will inherit 3 houses, if I divorce her, I get at least 1 house right?

Quote: (03-13-2012 01:24 AM)defguy Wrote:  

@ Azulsombra/OldNemesis My dad got "screwed in the divorce proceedings" despite being from the poorest country in the world.

"Got screwed" is very vague. Some people, for example, use this phrase to describe the 50/50 split of marital property acquired during marriage. So the details are necessary.

We have to assume this guy is going to make something of himself locally within the 2-3+ years (or longer) of marriage.

What about his wife? So far the vast majority of those who "got screwed" insisted of having the housewife. This will indeed get you screwed.

several things to consider:
1) kids happen, 99% of all kids are an accident

Well, let's be clear here - the "accident" rate you're talking about is more like "we had unprotected sex and he promised to pull out but he forgot".

2) Your probably gonna make something of yourself and being male its not that hard to believe your income will surpass your wifes at some point Say "hello" to alimony

Marry a smart girl.

3) Everything you make/own during the years your married are split down the middle 50-50, are you cool with that?

Yep. Marry a smart girl, make sure she contributes to the family close as what you do, and don't make her a housewife. It is that easy.

Quote: (03-13-2012 05:24 AM)Donald Duck Wrote:  

Yeah if I come to the US without barely any money at all and just some savings to rent a place I doubt I can get severely 'punished' by the US court system... If I make $1800 a month and she makes $2700, I don't have much to lose, I think...

In this case you may even get alimony depending on a lot of factors.

Edit: so lets say her dad is a rich man and she will inherit 3 houses, if I divorce her, I get at least 1 house right?

This depends on a lot of factors, but very briefly, if she inherited them and she didn't use marital money to pay off, improve or fix them then you're not getting any.

I know a couple of guys who are using 30-something women for citizenship.

It works.

Divorce rape only happens if you marry a broad without any money.

Or she quits her job to "start a family."

Marry rich (or richer than you), keep her working, and you'll be OK.

(Though you may not be allowed to see any children you have.)

Quote: (03-13-2012 01:24 AM)defguy Wrote:  

@ Azulsombra/OldNemesis My dad got "screwed in the divorce proceedings" despite being from the poorest country in the world.

It doesn't matter if your dad is from a pot in the middle of the ocean. Mos Def is from Brooklyn (which is no Beverly Hills) and he had to cough up 5 mill in alimony to his ex wife (a stripper).

It's not about where the person is from, it's about what he is WORTH when the divorce comes into play.

As other members have mentioned, the courts may seek to get that shyt split right down the middle. Speak to other guys who marry for status and they can tell you how to skirt that.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

So the key here is to marry a woman who has the same amount of money as you, or more. Got it.

Quote: (03-14-2012 08:15 AM)Donald Duck Wrote:  

So the key here is to marry a woman who has the same amount of money as you, or more. Got it.

This is always the case.

Marriage for the last 30+ years has been nothing but a business partnership contract where all the profit is split 50/50. In your case it is also the citizenship contract (expect to keep yourself married for 3+ years though, USCIS is too slow those days)

Sure some people put some extra meanings into the marriage (like some believe a wife is supposed to have sex with you, or not have sex with others, or some other shit) but those are not supported or enforced by the law - while the split is always enforced.

Now why would you enter into the 50/50 profit split agreement with someone who brings much less (or even zero) to the table? I just don't get it.

Quote: (03-14-2012 05:07 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Quote: (03-14-2012 08:15 AM)Donald Duck Wrote:  

This is always the case.

Marriage for the last 30+ years has been nothing but a business partnership contract where all the profit is split 50/50. In your case it is also the citizenship contract (expect to keep yourself married for 3+ years though, USCIS is too slow those days)

Sure some people put some extra meanings into the marriage (like some believe a wife is supposed to have sex with you, or not have sex with others, or some other shit) but those are not supported or enforced by the law - while the split is always enforced.

Now why would you enter into the 50/50 profit split agreement with someone who brings much less (or even zero) to the table? I just don't get it.

Oldnem, can a divorce be denied on poor grounds? For instance, you say that sex with others or exclusivity on sex is not enforced.

If a lizard goes into court and says she is bored of her husband and seeks a divorce or the husband says so of the lizard, can this be denied by the divorce court?

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards