rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

30 Rules To Being 30+
0 Rules To Being 30+
From the blogger who brought you NYC vs. LA, here is 30 rules to being 30+

#1-15

#16-30

Haven't hit that age yet but I'm very close and can identify with most of that list already. Funny, but oh, so true.
0 Rules To Being 30+
Those rules were written for guys who didn't stay in shape.

So the post is great, "What the Average American Man is Like at 30."

I remember doing jiu jitsu at 30, and hearing guys complain about not being able to keep up with the college kids. I never had that problem.

That post should TERRIFY the young cats.

In your 20's, wear that sunscreen, hit the gym, DO NOT get fat, eat a fucking salad now and then.

My hair is grey (doing the old silver fox thing right now), but when clean shaven and using the Just for Men, girls peg me at 5-10 years younger. I can even pull on college night.

The reflexes are a bit slower. With boxers and the rest of us, the last thing to go is power, and the first thing to go are the reflexes.
0 Rules To Being 30+
If you don't take care of yourselves, this is life at 40:

0 Rules To Being 30+
#11, 19, 22, and 26 all apply to me, I'm about to turn 28, but I already feel 30 approaching rapidly.

I've always been a really sleep dependent person, but when I was younger I could stay up late, and party for days in a row, maybe take a little nap and be fine. Now if I don't get at least 7-8 hours of sleep I feel like complete shit the entire day, 10 hours is ideal for me. Fortunately one of the perks of being self-employed is being able to sleep in most mornings.

Hang overs are the devil for me now a days. Man, I remember in my early twenties, I could drink three nights in a row, maybe feel a little hung over in the morning, then feel fine after getting breakfast, coffee, and smoking weed. If I get hung over now, it's like an all day thing, my entire next day is in affect ruined. (This is especially true, because drinking fucks up my sleep).

I pretty much keep it to 3 drinks at night, which I think is perfect, get's me buzzed, keeps me sober enough where my game isn't sloppy, can drive home, and not feel too hung over the next day. Some guys try to bust my balls for not drinking more, but I don't give a fuck, they're not going to be paying off my DUI, or feeling my shitty hang over the whole next day.

#22, I am not really down for hostels or shitty bungalows with no toilet/electricity, I need a clean, private room, with basic amenities. I'm sorry, but if I'm not comfortable, I'm not enjoying myself, and if I'm not enjoying myself, what's the point of being on vacation.

Any ways, just some rambling thoughts from a guy almost 30.
0 Rules To Being 30+
Haha Hencredible as usual sharing good info here. I'm 26 but I can recognize myself doing some of the Items on the list. Sad , but true [Image: cry.gif]

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue
0 Rules To Being 30+
Well, I am now in my 40's but damn-near all of those rules apply/applied to me.
0 Rules To Being 30+
My father is the opposite of pretty much all of them.

He had a wife (She was 19, he 36) and kids (37 and nearly 40.)

He still drinks many cans a night, doesn't worry about any of that stuff on the list. so I don't know, really.
0 Rules To Being 30+
List is pretty beta, no?

Quote:Quote:

#14 Can’t Seriously Date Girls in Their Early 20’s

Most 30+ men have tried it, and it just doesn’t work out. It’s confusing at first because it seems so perfect. The early 20’s girl is fun, fit, and attractive. She likes to hook up; she likes to go out. What’s not to like about that?

The problem is that the 30+ man starts to analyze the situation and realizes something is off. The hooking up is fun, but everything else is painful. The early 20’s girl tends to have an extremely short attention span. She is the best texter around, and cannot breathe without her phone (lol.) Her eyes dart to and fro her cell phone during conversations (brb.) She rarely listens to the 30+ man, and all conversations revolve around the girl or her job ([Image: smile.gif]) He realizes that he could say something offensive and shocking, but it wouldn’t matter, because she’s not listening anyways (ttyl.)

Furthermore, the 30+ male cannot endure spending time with her friends who wear too much make-up and go to trendy clubs. The final straw occurs while drinking red bull & vodkas and trying to converse with the other boyfriends: early 20’s douchebags.

The 30+ man feels out of place and finally thinks to himself: “What am I doing here?”

He’s just too old to date girls in their early 20’s.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.
0 Rules To Being 30+
Good and solid Game beats all those rules.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.
0 Rules To Being 30+
Quote: (03-05-2012 10:39 AM)Luvianka Wrote:  

Not #19 it don't. Hangovers are a bitch now. I spent ALL day in the hotel suffering.
0 Rules To Being 30+
Quote: (03-05-2012 08:45 AM)Kitsune Wrote:  

My father is the opposite of pretty much all of them.

Yep my father had a magical pull on women until he turned 50 or so, as well. Now I'm in my thirties and I stay in shape (Ive never looked that good and been so strong), I did just buy a new computer game, I still dig basketball, I don't play golf and I don't use Facebook. But I agree with the stretching and the hangover thing.

I keep telling other 30+ guys I know: Workout, travel, hit on girls. But do they ever listen..
0 Rules To Being 30+
Quote: (03-05-2012 10:39 AM)Luvianka Wrote:  

Did you read the post?

Are you over 30?

Game has nothing to do with whether your joints start hurting, whether you want to "rough it," whether you start drinking Scotch, etc.
0 Rules To Being 30+
Quote: (03-05-2012 10:05 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

List is pretty beta, no?

Quote:Quote:

Most 30+ men have tried it, and it just doesn’t work out. It’s confusing at first because it seems so perfect. The early 20’s girl is fun, fit, and attractive. She likes to hook up; she likes to go out. What’s not to like about that?

The problem is that the 30+ man starts to analyze the situation and realizes something is off. The hooking up is fun, but everything else is painful. The early 20’s girl tends to have an extremely short attention span. She is the best texter around, and cannot breathe without her phone (lol.) Her eyes dart to and fro her cell phone during conversations (brb.) She rarely listens to the 30+ man, and all conversations revolve around the girl or her job ([Image: smile.gif]) He realizes that he could say something offensive and shocking, but it wouldn’t matter, because she’s not listening anyways (ttyl.)

Furthermore, the 30+ male cannot endure spending time with her friends who wear too much make-up and go to trendy clubs. The final straw occurs while drinking red bull & vodkas and trying to converse with the other boyfriends: early 20’s douchebags.

The 30+ man feels out of place and finally thinks to himself: “What am I doing here?”

He’s just too old to date girls in their early 20’s.

The age thing..there was/ is always a gap...but in the last 10 years with internet/mobile phone technology it is massive...youngsters might be physically there with you but with their phone their mind is far far away!!
That gets tiresome for anyone that's grown up.
0 Rules To Being 30+

List is pretty beta, no?

When I was in college, I hated college girls. Too vapid. Loud. Obnoxious. Attention-seeking.

In college, longest relationship was one month.

I'll go out to bang them. But to date them? No way.
0 Rules To Being 30+
Quote: (03-05-2012 01:26 PM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

The age thing..there was/ is always a gap...but in the last 10 years with internet/mobile phone technology it is massive...youngsters might be physically there with you but with their phone their mind is far far away!!

I say "Cool, can I see your phone?" Then I turn it off. If I'm sure that the girl will keep checking for texts, I'll stick it in my pocket and just be like "yeah, you'll get it back eventually." It's not the line that matters, just that you feel 100% comfortable taking her phone, and that you deem it a favor. If she's not checking it maniacally, I'll just put it back on the table, and she won't notice it's off. The latter happened recently, and she didn't check it. When she was leaving my house she went to check her phone and said, "I don't know why my phone turned off, it had like 70% battery before!" I smirked inside.

Phones are toxic when you're already with her. If she's not super-down, you can get cockblocked from 30 miles away by her fat bitter friend or her gay boy toy. She may not have even planned on leaving early, but if her friends start texting her to join them, it can go south pretty quick.
0 Rules To Being 30+
Quote: (03-05-2012 01:33 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

List is pretty beta, no?

When I was in college, I hated college girls. Too vapid. Loud. Obnoxious. Attention-seeking.

In college, longest relationship was one month.

I'll go out to bang them. But to date them? No way.

I concur with Mike. I find it painful to talk to lizards who are young (21 and shyt). I met one lizard and she was on some Nicki Minaj shyt and I could feel my brain sizzling and frying in my skull.

They are very cool to fcuk. This 23 year old I hit last year had one of the smoothest flesh I've ever sampled. The punani was extra sweet and felt extra delicious. The chats however, were dead. But to chat with them, fcuk no.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
0 Rules To Being 30+
Quote: (03-05-2012 01:49 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (03-05-2012 01:26 PM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

I say "Cool, can I see your phone?" Then I turn it off. If I'm sure that the girl will keep checking for texts, I'll stick it in my pocket and just be like "yeah, you'll get it back eventually." It's not the line that matters, just that you feel 100% comfortable taking her phone, and that you deem it a favor. If she's not checking it maniacally, I'll just put it back on the table, and she won't notice it's off. The latter happened recently, and she didn't check it. When she was leaving my house she went to check her phone and said, "I don't know why my phone turned off, it had like 70% battery before!" I smirked inside.

Phones are toxic when you're already with her. If she's not super-down, you can get cockblocked from 30 miles away by her fat bitter friend or her gay boy toy. She may not have even planned on leaving early, but if her friends start texting her to join them, it can go south pretty quick.

A friend of mine is having some fun out in the pubs and bars at the moment..he's just bought one of those phone "jammers" ,that some guy on here was talking about [Image: smile.gif]
0 Rules To Being 30+
Danger and Play found this thread and composed some of his own thoughts on the matter.

http://dangerandplay.wordpress.com/2012/...-twenties/
0 Rules To Being 30+

List is pretty beta, no?

Ya, I'd say so. No disrespect to the author. I need to read more of his stuff before I form an opinion, but, I am over 30 and this list just didn't speak to me at all. He sounds like he has not taken very good care of himself over the years..

Quote: (03-05-2012 01:35 AM)MikeCF Wrote:  

That post should TERRIFY the young cats.

Exactly. Young guys want to avoid what is on this list. Feeling old, getting fat, getting tired, getting annoyed, getting married, etc. - Don't be that guy! 30 is way to young to feel "over the hill"!

He sounds like an old man complaining about his lost youth. 30 is a great age for Gaming. I didn't relate to most of these rules...Maybe its just me and my desire to try and stay young at heart..

Here are his rules and my reactions in red..

#1 Starts Using The Term: “When I was young…”

When I was young I could play sports all day, party all night, wake up early, do the same thing all over again, and still feel great!

I never talk like that! Thats just bad game. That is making yourself sound like the "old guy".

#2 Hesitant About Saying His Age

ok, thats true.

#3 Tries to Play Golf

Steve Nash is 38 and he leads the NBA in assists. I'm saving golf for my 50's and 60's. And, I'm saving poker until my 70's and 80's.

#4 Pretends to Know Wine

Who cares about where the grape comes from!? What matters is where your girl comes from!

#5 Fear of Adventure Sports

I was never into adventure sports. Football, basketball, baseball. soccer, and boxing was enough adventure for me.

My fear is not having any financial or sexual freedom!

#6 Realizes He Will Never Be a Pro Athlete

Speak for yourself! I played hoops in Mexico and in the American minor leagues

#7 Can’t Learn New Video Games

Video Games?!?!

[i]I haven't played a video game since I was about 12 years old. I never understood grown men playing video games?! Not my thing I guess...

#8 Believes New Music is Loud and Terrible

Maybe at 60 or 70, but at 30? Shit, you are in the prime of your life! Music is your friend!

#9 Tucks in His Shirt

Ya, maybe a little more shirt-tucking comes with age...

#10 Goes Running

I've been running across fields and courts my whole life. I actually stopped running at 30 to focus more on weights and yoga.

#11 Needs Sleep

Rest is the best friend of the healthy playboy. I get 9-10 hours a day!

#12 Pick-Up Basketball Isn’t Fun Anymore

Depends on the person.

#13 Needs to Stretch

Only if you've been neglecting your body for the last 10 years. I have maintained my flexibility religiously over the past 10 years.

THIS IS WHERE I STOPPED READING!
0 Rules To Being 30+
List is kind of stupid. Maybe an older player can correct me but I've been told that the same rules apply when you hit your 30s and 40s - work out, take care of your body and mind, don't dress like an idiot, don't drink or smoke to much. I don't see how you can lose if you follow those simple guidelines. I welcome my 30s and 40s with open arms. My baby face will go away but ill still look young as hell and ill have real money to play with. Bring it on baby..
0 Rules To Being 30+
Quote: (03-05-2012 02:34 PM)houston Wrote:  

List is kind of stupid. Maybe an older player can correct me but I've been told that the same rules apply when you hit your 30s and 40s - work out, take care of your body and mind, don't dress like an idiot, don't drink or smoke to much. I don't see how you can lose if you follow those simple guidelines. I welcome my 30s and 40s with open arms. My baby face will go away but ill still look young as hell and ill have real money to play with. Bring it on baby..

The list is smack on. Age is a factor, like it or not. It is beta to deny it. I laughed my azz off reading the list.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards
0 Rules To Being 30+
I have another 7 months left then that is it, my 20's will be done. I know a lot of guys out there heave some kind irrational of fear of being 30 but I don't, I look forward to my 30's.

I know that in my 30's, I will make WAY more money, I will be be more well traveled, read, dressed, etc.

I did enjoy my early 20's when I was partying hard at uni, but there are certainly things about my ealy 20's that I don't miss, mainly being broke all the time and having to take the loser cruiser everywhere, not being able to travel, living with roommates, etc.

In some ways I even look forward to my 40s,50s and 60s. I just don't understand why so many people, especially in North America have such a fear of aging. When I visit my retired folks down in Florida during the winter, they have a blast, for them its like they're teens again.
0 Rules To Being 30+
Quote: (03-05-2012 02:23 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

THIS IS WHERE I STOPPED READING!

He kind of sounds like a future Larry David.

There are some guys who just can't wait to get old fast enough.
0 Rules To Being 30+
I'm 36. i lift (power and oly) do crossfit, train muay thai and do jiujitsu.

i eat paleo.

i take fish oil, vitamin d

i sleep 8-9 hours a night

this year, my body has completely taken a turn. no longer can i recover as quickly as i could. i used to do 6 crossfit/lifting session pus 5 muay thai sessions a week. no chance of that now.

the recovery time my body needs for minor injuries is increasing. aches and pains stay with me. my metabolism is slower.

i'm finally feeling "older"

it sucks. it sucks ass.

but oh yeah, i earn more than ever. i have a built out portfolio. i have a hot gf in her 20's. i live in a prime area downtown. life is good

but the physical part? nothing you can do...nothing you can do...sigh.
0 Rules To Being 30+
Quote: (03-05-2012 02:55 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I have another 7 months left then that is it, my 20's will be done. I know a lot of guys out there heave some kind irrational of fear of being 30 but I don't, I look forward to my 30's.

I know that in my 30's, I will make WAY more money, I will be be more well traveled, read, dressed, etc.

I did enjoy my early 20's when I was partying hard at uni, but there are certainly things about my ealy 20's that I don't miss, mainly being broke all the time and having to take the loser cruiser everywhere, not being able to travel, living with roommates, etc.

In some ways I even look forward to my 40s,50s and 60s. I just don't understand why so many people, especially in North America have such a fear of aging. When I visit my retired folks down in Florida during the winter, they have a blast, for them its like they're teens again.

This is it! The culture that I am from, they revere the elder, especially elder men. You get by just on age and I don't mean you have to be 60 to reap.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards