rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

should we have a thread for troll banning ?

Sometimes people get banned without obvious reasons. Should we have a thread/sticky where the moderators can give a quick explanation about why a poster gets banned. maybe not the obvious spam trolls. I think it would be fun to be able find the trolls rants, bullshit or meltdowns. The bigbootyluvr meltdown or Dash Global meltdown were great. Would be nice to have it all in one thread so we can easily find it back.

Obviously i'm not the one to decide but lets have a poll about it.

A troll poll

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

For prominent members I try to inform everyone why, but for a newb who gets banned before 100 posts, I don't see why that matters much.

Looks like TudoBem got banned.... Was this because he criticized or questioned Mixx and G-Manifesto?

I know Mixx has 100 rep points, but come on.

I hope this doesn't get me banned, I don't know what I'd do without the forum.

TudoBem had a mini meltdown, voting a couple dozen threads 1 star.

Quote: (03-04-2012 02:57 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Haha I did notice that, and thought it was whack, good catch.

How does the thread rating system work exactly? I've never used it, but I would like to if it helps in any way.

Quote: (03-04-2012 03:03 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

How does the thread rating system work exactly? I've never used it, but I would like to if it helps in any way.

Same here, never used it.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

You simply click a star rating and the software averages all the ratings. It's just to give other members a hint to the quality of a thread.

Can you make it so you can change your vote? I accidentally rated a few threads 1 star instead of 5.

Just click the star rating again.

Quote: (03-04-2012 05:51 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Just click the star rating again.

That's never worked for me. Am I doing it wrong?

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Oh I guess that only works for me since I'm admin. My bad.

Quote: (03-04-2012 02:25 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

A troll poll

To get inside this boy's hole? Er, soul.

That was annoying and pointless.

And I vote yes for the thread on banned members. People keep asking why such and such member got banned on threads that have nothing to do with it, it is a way to keep things organized.

Like a court.

[Image: rolleyes.gif]

Quote: (03-04-2012 06:47 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Agreed. Not only was it annoying, it was outright disrespectful to the forum and its members. Don't overlook the fact that he rated his own threads five stars. If a guy takes the time to put together a thread, and some douche comes around and knocks it down just because he's trying to game the rating system--to get attention for his own threads--or to get out some pent-up cocaine/roid aggression, that shit amounts to trolling. He went up and down the list and rated everything on two front pages one star, including popular, liked threads like the "what do you think members look like?" thread and Roosh's "Class of March 2012" thread. It wasn't even subtle; it was totally noticeable and blatant.

Fair enough if you genuinely think something sucks and you rate it one star. I've done it and had it done to me. That's normal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, in my opinion. But this was something else.

When you then take the Mixx and G attacks with that, along with the illegal drug threads, I think the right decision was probably made.

Quote: (03-04-2012 07:08 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Agreed. Not only was it annoying, it was outright disrespectful to the forum and its members. Don't overlook the fact that he rated his own threads five stars. If a guy takes the time to put together a thread, and some douche comes around and knocks it down just because he's trying to game the rating system--to get attention for his own threads--or to get out some pent-up cocaine/roid aggression, that shit amounts to trolling. He went up and down the list and rated everything on two front pages one star, including popular, liked threads like the "what do you think members look like?" thread and Roosh's "Class of March 2012" thread. It wasn't even subtle; it was totally noticeable and blatant.

Fair enough if you genuinely think something sucks and you rate it one star. I've done it and had it done to me. That's normal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, in my opinion. But this was something else.

When you then take the Mixx and G attacks with that, along with the illegal drug threads, I think the right decision was probably made.

[Image: potd.gif]

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

The "one starring" thing was pretty lame.

However, I would like to let the record show that if someone attacks me, it shouldn't be grounds for banning. (Which I don't think it is).

People can attack me all they want.

But if they are ruining peoples time on here, and not bringing anything of value, then clip them.

Quote: (03-04-2012 07:41 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

The "one starring" thing was pretty lame.

However, I would like to let the record show that if someone attacks me, it shouldn't be grounds for banning. (Which I don't think it is).

People can attack me all they want.

But if they are ruining peoples time on here, and not bringing anything of value, then clip them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think attacking one member alone has ever been grounds for dismissal around here. I think it takes a pattern of behavior--or one massive BBL-style meltdown attack--to get the boot. The longer you're here and the more established you are, the more it's going to take to get booted. Just look at how much it took Dash Global to get ejected. And, Greek Kamaki--despite being relatively new and apparently getting tons of complaints lodged against him--has survived by virtue of the value he has brought to the table. He's gotten the unprecedented benefit-of-the-doubt group opinion thread. I've never felt like Roosh dropped people arbitrarily.

TudoBem pulled a few stunts in a very short span and didn't have the reputational capital™ to back it up. Attacking you and Mixx were just part of a larger picture, as I see it.

My sense is that bringing value is simply part of being a contributing part of this community. The other half is showing due respect to the forum and to its members. If you can't do the latter, the former almost doesn't matter. That doesn't mean kissing ass, or not disagreeing, it just means not being a straight-up dick--especially when you're new.

I vote for an explanation when a recognized member gets banned. Sometimes you see frequent posters get banned out of the blue and you just can't help but wonder what good stuff you missed [Image: lol.gif]

But seriously.

Quote: (03-04-2012 08:00 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

I vote for an explanation when a recognized member gets banned. Sometimes you see frequent posters get banned out of the blue and you just can't help but wonder what good stuff you missed [Image: lol.gif]

If I'm curious, I usually just visit their profile and scan recent posts. Sometimes it's fairly obvious, other times, not so much.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Where's the button where you report the trolls?

Entropy is a complete fake, and probably wants to fuck me also.

His posts are all copied and pasted bullshit. The whole thread about trading the financial markets should be erased because it's crap.

He put up a picture of a guy I know personally and said it's his dad.

Get him off.

Aloha!

Kona: do you have evidence it's copied and pasted?

Quote: (03-05-2012 08:51 AM)Kona Wrote:  

Where's the button where you report the trolls?

Entropy is a complete fake, and probably wants to fuck me also.

His posts are all copied and pasted bullshit. The whole thread about trading the financial markets should be erased because it's crap.

He put up a picture of a guy I know personally and said it's his dad.

Get him off.

Aloha!
My dad
[attachment=5154]

No seriously who is the guy on the boat he looks familiar

You mean you can actually get a thread on top by using the star rating function. I didn't even know that and thought it was based on the last answer to a thread. I sometimes discover new options myself after being on this forum for months but this is a new one. I never been a forummer before besides a few visits to a dutch movie forum.

Edit, you can even see who rated the thread. Gonna try it myself now.

delete

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?