rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Compete against other Roosh members
List your current stats and totals. Try to improve with every post.
* These are gym lifts, not official powerlifting meet numbers. *
*All weight in lbs*
  • HT - 5'8
  • WT - 170
  1. Squat - 365
  2. Bench Press - 275
  3. Deadlift - 500
Total = 1140

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

HT - 6'3"
WT - 200
P - 11 Fat Inches of Caucasian Thunder

Squat - doesn't matter
Bench Press - doesn't matter
Deadlift - doesn't matter

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Quote: (02-28-2012 12:57 PM)velkrum Wrote:  

*All weight in lbs*
  • HT - 5'8
  • WT - 170
  1. Squat - 365
  2. Bench Press - 275
  3. Deadlift - 500
Total = 1140

I'm getting tired just looking at these numbers.[Image: huh.gif]

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Are these working sets or maxes

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

When I read lifting, I interpreted as lifting women/pussy.

[Image: lol.gif]

Not sure how well this thread will play out as it is not exactly a bodybuilding forum.

Mixx

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

i dont bench regularly, i do overhead press so my bench number is low

squat 345
bench 235
deadlift 435

total 1015

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

here is an awesome calculator for those that don't know their maxes:

http://www.strstd.com/

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

This has got flame war written all over it

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Quote: (02-28-2012 02:20 PM)Estetica Wrote:  

These are maxes but to keep things motivational you can post the most amount of weight you have done for reps as well.

@ reaper, welcome to the 1000 lb club, what is your Ht and Wt ?

@Raliv, cool site

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

fuck me, velkrum, you're a beast. Pics!

I have no idea where I'm at now, but it's fucking pathetic after a bout of flu and laziness.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

These were my results the last time I tested for football.

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 208 (I'm around 202-205 now)

Squat (1 rep max): 425
Bench press (1 rep max): 330
Bench Reps (on 225lbs): 20
We didn't test deadlift, but I put up 200lbs on the standing military press.

Other than the bench reps and military press (both of which I should still be ale to do at that level), I would subtract about 10lbs from each of these numbers to get my current level (maybe take 20 off the squat). I haven't stopped training, but I'm not doing it as heavily as I did last year so I'd expect a slight dip.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

5'9

Incline Bench 267lbs (calculated via that website linked above)
100lbs dumbells incline 8-10
Squat 424lbs (strong point)
Deads (not my strong point) 390

Bodyfat level: shredded cuz

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Im a weakling

6'3 200 lbs

Max Set of 5 (don't do 1RM) :

squat: 180 lbs
bench: 150 lbs
deadlift: don't ask

regardless, it's more than I was doing a year ago so still happy it's going up

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Really? Who gives a shit what some strangers online lift?

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Quote: (02-28-2012 07:02 PM)DLuzhin Wrote:  

Better question:

Whats the purpose of this thread besides a e-peen measuring contest?

There's already a half dozen threads sharing info on various types of strength training and weight lifting, as well as a few more threads about what to eat to get gains, what to eat to lose while gaining, ect.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Quote: (02-28-2012 07:02 PM)DLuzhin Wrote:  

As a kid, I would use threads like these online (often at bodybuilding.com or wherever) to set goals for myself as I progressed. I think I can say it helped me along a bit.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Quote: (02-28-2012 04:02 PM)velkrum Wrote:  

Quote: (02-28-2012 02:20 PM)Estetica Wrote:  

These are maxes but to keep things motivational you can post the most amount of weight you have done for reps as well.

@ reaper, welcome to the 1000 lb club, what is your Ht and Wt ?

@Raliv, cool site

6'4 260

both squat and dead should be higher but i'm working on it

currently taking a break from pressing movements because of bursitis in the shoulder

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Quote: (02-28-2012 12:57 PM)velkrum Wrote:  

*All weight in lbs*
  • HT - 5'8
  • WT - 170
  1. Squat - 365
  2. Bench Press - 275
  3. Deadlift - 500
Total = 1140

impressive numbers!

mine

6ft 180 normally, down to 170 in this thailand heat where i cant force myself to eat, lifts have dropped as a result but

260 on the decline press, dont do regular press anymore, thats for 9 reps, dont do one rep maxes so have no idea

squat 400 x 8 max, years of hockey, legs are strong

deadlift 400 for 6 reps without straps, grip dies after that

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

12 ounce curls but I can do them all night long.

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

I'm sort of a pansy

HT - 6' 2"
WT - 215
Squat - 250
Bench Press - 170
Deadlift - 320

Total: 740

These are estimated one rep maxes. I used the calculator posted already. OP is beast.

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

I see plenty of swollen guys who hit the gym and put up big numbers, but they can't do 5 pushups. They can't do a pullup. They can't do leg lifts. Can't do 10 dips. They cant do a full (hamstrings touch the calves) squat with their heels touching.

Big weights =/= real strength. Don't be that guy. I'm not trying to be a hater, but check yourself. If you can't control your own body weight, why are you putting up 325 lbs?

And Hades, love the avatar. Great fucking character.

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Quote: (02-29-2012 03:58 AM)violão Wrote:  

I see plenty of swollen guys who hit the gym and put up big numbers, but they can't do 5 pushups. They can't do a pullup. They can't do leg lifts. Can't do 10 dips. They cant do a full (hamstrings touch the calves) squat with their heels touching.

Big weights =/= real strength. Don't be that guy. I'm not trying to be a hater, but check yourself. If you can't control your own body weight, why are you putting up 325 lbs?

bullshit, if a guy can throw up big numbers on the rack he can do a push up a pull up and a dip, he may be inflexible, he may not ever be able to bend down and touch his toes but show me a guy who can deadlift 3bills + that cant do 5 push ups, a pull up...everyone loves to take a shot at the swole bros but the ones pushing around serious weight are strong, you can argue that theyre not functional for day to day living or athletic purposes, dont ask them to jog a mile necessarily but they can do bodyweight exercises. Its the posers the ones who flare their lats when they walk and work the show muscles only, dont know what leg days are that are pushing around baby weights for the amount of stuff theyre taking that may not be able to do the bodyweight stuff but if youre talking a serious lifter and gym rat its cake. Dont confuse the 2, just cause the posers grunting twice as loudly as the guy throwing up 4 plates aside doesnt mean hes a lifter lol

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Quote: (02-29-2012 06:35 AM)mikeymike Wrote:  

bullshit, if a guy can throw up big numbers on the rack he can do a push up a pull up and a dip, he may be inflexible, he may not ever be able to bend down and touch his toes but show me a guy who can deadlift 3bills + that cant do 5 push ups, a pull up...everyone loves to take a shot at the swole bros but the ones pushing around serious weight are strong, you can argue that theyre not functional for day to day living or athletic purposes, dont ask them to jog a mile necessarily but they can do bodyweight exercises. Its the posers the ones who flare their lats when they walk and work the show muscles only, dont know what leg days are that are pushing around baby weights for the amount of stuff theyre taking that may not be able to do the bodyweight stuff but if youre talking a serious lifter and gym rat its cake. Dont confuse the 2, just cause the posers grunting twice as loudly as the guy throwing up 4 plates aside doesnt mean hes a lifter lol

Most of the big dudes that I have seen throwing around many plates on the squatting rack, deadlift, or the bench press have trouble doing a pullup or more than six or seven close-handed pushups. Haven't met one who could do a proper bridge yet either. These are the same guys who have to take several aspirin a day just to function.

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Quote: (02-29-2012 10:37 AM)Hades Wrote:  

Quote: (02-29-2012 06:35 AM)mikeymike Wrote:  

Most of the big dudes that I have seen throwing around many plates on the squatting rack, deadlift, or the bench press have trouble doing a pullup or more than six or seven close-handed pushups. Haven't met one who could do a proper bridge yet either. These are the same guys who have to take several aspirin a day just to function.

really? at 6'4 260 or so with the numbers i posted I can 25 chest to floor push ups. the pull ups are a little harder given the weight but with a little kip I can do several. I can do about 3 dead hang pull ups per set.

if you just squat and dead, though, your upper body will be left out.

bench also wont help much on pull ups.

that is why you gotta do cleans too.

and, duh, work on pull ups and push ups

Roosh LIFTING TOTALS

Quote: (02-28-2012 04:20 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

fuck me, velkrum, you're a beast. Pics!

I'll post pics but I'm having trouble with the attachments. Here's an old vid of me