rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why so many School shootings in America?

So it seems that today another school shooting spree took place in the US , this time in Ohio. http://g1.globo.com/mundo/noticia/2012/0...z-cnn.html

I know that this has happened in many countries across the globe, but the number of events in US soil is way higher (Or it gets more media coverage?)

anyway , there is any special cultural reason to blame or we can blame it all on loose gun control ?

America also seems to be the place with the highest number of Serial Killers and mass murderers...

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

These kids need to ignore the bullies and realize the shit that happens in high school doesn't matter. After graduation kids can go to college, escape their hometown, meet new people/friends, and find their own niche. Treat others how you want to be treated, you never know when a nut case will go Colombine on you. Pray for the families of the victims.

School is basically torture for some boys. It's unjust that we keep them there.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (02-27-2012 11:26 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

America also seems to be the place with the highest number of Serial Killers and mass murderers...

I have always wondered about that.

Yeah, I think there is something strange about Americans in that regard.

Maybe our diet?

Pop music?

I don't think we have more or less than anywhere else. But they certainly get more world attention when they happen.

When 12 students were killed in the school shooting in Rio De Janeiro on April 7 2011, it was at best page 4 in US papers, and most didn't cover it at all.
When an entire island of children were murdered in Denmark, it was barely a blip in US papers.

Why would Brazilian papers want to cover a shooting in a town in the US that no one in Brazil ever heard of to this level? No idea. But once news appears on http://drudgereport.com/ it tends to become international.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (02-27-2012 02:19 PM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

I don't think we have more or less than anywhere else.

Absolutely False.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ser...by_country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ser...ted_States

We lead the league in Serial Killers.

Quote: (02-27-2012 01:17 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Maybe our diet?

Pop music?

I'm watching live iPhone coverage of a school shooting on CNN right now.

These little bastards know how easy it is to get on TV.

That's the reason.

Aloha!

Quote: (02-27-2012 02:35 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Maybe our diet?

Pop music?

That's the reason.

Aloha!

So you think it has something to do with the attention whore syndrome that can be present in the US? The 15 mins of fame no matter the cost? The fact that people seem to go gaga over tv celebrities in the US much more than they do in other countries?

Hmm, interesting theory..

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (02-27-2012 02:39 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (02-27-2012 02:35 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Maybe our diet?

Pop music?

That's the reason.

Aloha!

So you think it has something to do with the attention whore syndrome that can be present in the US? The 15 mins of fame no matter the cost? The fact that people seem to go gaga over tv celebrities in the US much more than they do in other countries?

Hmm, interesting theory..

That's my theory...

And all the kids got video cameras right in their pockets.

Aloha!

We have the most stress and the most pressure to succeed. In combination with access to guns, decaying morality, the glorification of violence, and a culture of revenge..

Thats why our kids will shoot you. They grew up on images of violence, are stressed out, and can get guns.

This is the USA. If we don't get our way we will use violence! We learned from our leaders.

Quote: (02-27-2012 02:59 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

We have the most stress and the most pressure to succeed. In combination with access to guns, decaying morality, the glorification of violence, and a culture of revenge..

Thats why our kids will shoot you. They grew up on images of violence, are stressed out, and can get guns.

This is the USA. If we don't get our way we will use violence!

Don't forget what I think this the main reason:

American Sexual Repression.

Add that with the ones you mentioned above, and its a powder keg.

Quote: (02-27-2012 03:04 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Don't forget what I think this the main reason:

American Sexual Repression.

Add that with the ones you mentioned above, and its a powder keg.

Yup, I think that is the biggest reason. We flood our kids with images of sex but at the same time we teach them to be betas. So, what you get is a bunch of boys who are not getting any p*ussy.

A man who is not getting laid is a dangerous man! Seriously!

I never mess with guys who are hungry or guys that don't get laid. Those are the guys that will shoot your fucking ass!

Quote:Quote:

Absolutely False.

Are you balancing for population size? If something is only 1 in a million occurrence, having a population of 300 million like the US makes it more likely just because the population sample size is much larger than say lower population countries like Germany, France, Denmark, or the UK.

You'll also notice that while Mexico has a intentional homicide rate of 18 per 100,000 while the US has a intentional homicide rate of 4.6 per 100,000, the US border states adjoining Mexico have much higher intentional homicide rates than the rest of the nation. Some people accuse Mexico of importing their much higher violence rate into the US.

The intentional homicide numbers are also highly biased because they omit government violence against its own populace. For instance, Saddam Hussein's using chemical weapons against the Kurds, murdering thousands, isn't counted in Iraq's intentional homicide rate statistic. Nor when his sons went out murdering anyone that got in their way ever counted. Secret police carting people off in the middle of the night in Russia or Iran to murder them aren't counted. It's a debate I'm not going to engage in here on a PUA site, I'm just saying be aware of the bias in the intentional homicide numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cou...icide_rate

Comparing how many serial killers each country has is probably not a good standard, because we can only count discovered serial killers. Maybe Denmark has the most serial killers in the world, but because of jante law they all live on merrily doing their murderous deeds safe from the police, die quietly of old age, and are never discovered at all. So they never get counted in the serial killer stats correctly. It's something we can't know.

It's also not plausible to compare one serial killer to another as the same --if one woman poisons to death a victim each week, but another only one every ten years, they're both counted the same in wikipedia's list. Shouldn't they be weighted by total murders committed? And again, we can only count the discovered bodies, furthering biasing the sample set.

And I'm not sure what makes some murderers "serial killers" and others not. Al Capone shot down people in broad daylight with a machine gun multiple times. Why isn't he a serial killer? What about gang members doing drive by shootings, murdering random people just for kicks? How is repeatedly shooting up a neighborhood and murdering random people not "serial killing"? Yet even the Beltway Sniper douchebag didn't make wikipedia's list of serial killers. Very strange.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (02-27-2012 03:24 PM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

Absolutely False.

Are you balancing for population size? If something is only 1 in a million occurrence, having a population of 300 million like the US makes it more likely just because the population sample size is much larger than say lower population countries like Germany, France, Denmark, or the UK.

You'll also notice that while Mexico has a intentional homicide rate of 18 per 100,000 while the US has a intentional homicide rate of 4.6 per 100,000, the US border states adjoining Mexico have much higher intentional homicide rates than the rest of the nation. Some people accuse Mexico of importing their much higher violence rate into the US.

The intentional homicide numbers are also highly biased because they omit government violence against its own populace. For instance, Saddam Hussein's using chemical weapons against the Kurds, murdering thousands, isn't counted in Iraq's intentional homicide rate statistic. Nor when his sons went out murdering anyone that got in their way ever counted. Secret police carting people off in the middle of the night in Russia or Iran to murder them aren't counted. It's a debate I'm not going to engage in here on a PUA site, I'm just saying be aware of the bias in the intentional homicide numbers.

Comparing on how many serial killers each country has is probably not a good standard, because we can only count discovered serial killers. Maybe Denmark has the most serial killers in the world, but because of jante law they all live on merrily doing their murderous deeds safe from the police, die quietly of old age, and are never discovered at all. So they never get counted in the serial killer stats correctly. It's something we can't know.

It's also not plausible to compare one serial killer to another as the same --if one woman poisons to death a victim each week, but another only one every ten years, they're both counted the same in wikipedia's list. Shouldn't they be weighted by total murders committed? And again, we can only count the discovered bodies, furthering biasing the sample set.

And I'm not sure what makes some murderers "serial killers" and others not. Al Capone shot down people in broad daylight with a machine gun multiple times. Why isn't he a serial killer? What about gang members doing drive by shootings, murdering random people just for kicks? How is repeatedly shooting up a neighborhood and murdering random people not "serial killing"? Yet even the Beltway Sniper douchebag didn't make wikipedia's list of serial killers. Very strange.

I am not trying to add a bunch of "maybes" or "what ifs" or complicate it.

I am not talking about homicides.

I am using this as my definition:

A person who murders three or more people over a period of more than thirty days, with a 'cooling off' period between each murder, and whose motivation for killing is largely based on psychological gratification.

Not financial based. Or money related. No Al Capone. No Cartel leaders etc.

The weirdos.

For those America is #1.

[Image: brooke.burke-usa-bikini.jpg]

Quote: (02-27-2012 02:59 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

This is the USA. If we don't get our way we will use violence! We learned from our leaders.
[attachment=4968]
This dude can buy a gun whenever he wants. And also believes it may get him laid(cool factor) mistakes will happen.

Quote: (02-27-2012 03:24 PM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

Absolutely False.

Comparing on how many serial killers each country has is probably not a good standard, because we can only count discovered serial killers. Maybe Denmark has the most serial killers in the world, but because of jante law they all live on merrily doing their murderous deeds safe from the police, die quietly of old age, and are never discovered at all. So they never get counted in the serial killer stats correctly. It's something we can't know.

So is this guy in favor of school shootings?

Turn on CNN headline news. I don't know where you live, but it's channel 13 if you're on Oahu.

The news went from School shotting in wherever, then to Daycare murder trial, then to a school in California on lockdown because they are looking for a gunman.

You're right though, if you add up all the kids in school all over America, very few of them have shootings on a daily basis.

We're talking about why the very few of them that actually happen, happen. Regardless of what happens or happened in Iraq, the few few of them that happen in the US are still really bad.

Aloha!

It happens because there is no other Western country with as easy as access to guns as the United States.

In other countries, kids are upset and mad too. However, they have to resort to pen knives or stones.

In America, it's easier to get guns than it is to get pussy.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (02-27-2012 03:58 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

el mechanico you're needed in the OFFICIAL INTRODUCTION THREAD. Theres a new member in Tampa who's looking to travel and needs a good ol' fashioned rooshv-playa hazing.

We also have a massive amount of kids now on psychiatric drugs. Depending on the numbers you look at, anywhere between 6 and 20 million American children are on psychiatric drugs. Mothers can no longer afford to stay home, so the kids get raised by pop culture - tv, video games, etc. Imagine having your hormones go out of control, while on anti-psychotic drugs or meth-amphetamines, no family structure, a poor diet, and being picked on - it's no excuse but I think it's a huge problem.

I don't have the source and since I am at work now I can't go find it, but I am pretty sure I recall hearing that of all the school shootings the common denominator is psychiatric drugs. Anyone else hear this? In the fifties kids could take their rifles to their lockers for the school shooting club. No problems then. I also think media coverage exacerbates the problem.

I've taught in American public schools, our education system is all about "passing the test and getting good grades so they get good jobs" but we don't teach kids social or emotional intelligence because it's "not important enough" or "it's not on the test."

Bullying is also largely invisible to the adults and kids don't have environments where they can go to someone they can trust and not be called a "pussy" because of it.

Broken/dysfunctional families are also to blame, you have divorcees living to work not spending enough time with their children and building a supportive home. In the case of single moms with boys, you have them teaching contradicting beta stuff when it comes to girls and getting mad at them for being boys. Recipe for getting rejected a lot by girls later on.

To those who have said sexual repression and the lack of getting laid...bingo. I would also say for the younger kids who don't think much about girls or sex...When you feel that the world doesn't like you, why should you like it back?

I was bullied as a kid.

My dad got me into martial arts and boxing, and told me to stop being a pussy.

Got tough. By high school, was a supreme bad ass.

That's a "overcoming adversity" story.

But what if I had had shitty parents, or lived with a single mom, felt hopeless, and had access to guns?

Would I have found another way to "overcome" my situation?

Quote: (02-27-2012 04:26 PM)Enfant_Terrible Wrote:  

I've taught in American public schools, our education system is all about "passing the test and getting good grades so they get good jobs" but we don't teach kids social or emotional intelligence because it's "not important enough" or "it's not on the test."

Bullying is also largely invisible to the adults and kids don't have environments where they can go to someone they can trust and not be called a "pussy" because of it.

Broken/dysfunctional families are also to blame, you have divorcees living to work not spending enough time with their children and building a supportive home. In the case of single moms with boys, you have them teaching contradicting beta stuff when it comes to girls and getting mad at them for being boys. Recipe for getting rejected a lot by girls later on.

To those who have said sexual repression and the lack of getting laid...bingo. I would also say for the younger kids who don't think much about girls or sex...When you feel that the world doesn't like you, why should you like it back?

Partially true. A lot of these failings trace back to BETA male dads.

My dad was poor as shit, but he always worked shit jobs to take care of his family. He was there for us, in whatever way possible.

"Was this Beta™?"

But when you're a kid who gets bullied (and with me, it was random, my "number was just up") who has a beta male dad, what are you supposed to do?

I become a bad ass and fucked shit up. I beat up everyone, one-by-one, who ever bullied me.

But it'd be a lie to say I'm a SELF-MADE MAN. I put in the effort, but with another dad (or not dad), probably would be an omega fuck-up.

In old school factory towns, bullying is less of a problem. The dads are more old school. Get tough and kick ass.

Where there's no dad or beta dads, school shootings are inevitable.

Kids are fucking horrible, and I personally have no sympathy for shooting "victims."

Check out the line at 1:36

It's a by-product of the American Experiment. It makes no sense how Windsor, Ontario can have one murder every 3 years while Detroit gets one every 3 weeks ( or days ) it seems. The American Experiment of: entitlement, exponential growth, ego, cut throat capitalism, loose gun control, and a host of other stuff will breed lunatics on the regular.

Like to I can say West Africa has more nutjobs than America ten-fold but even we don't kill at the rates as Americans. In times of mad growth you got Colmbine, it times of economic decay you get what happens in Ohio today. Both extremes will birth a rise in these sad incidents. Shits real.