rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Latvians Vote NO On Making Russian An Official Language

Huge blow for the country's large Russian-speaking minority. Russia also can't be happy by this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb...CMP=twt_fd

In Riga the hate between Latvians and Russians was palpable.

I think they should mandate that any person under 50 has 5 years to learn Latvian or get deported (anyone of reproductive age basically). Let them be Russia's problem. The alternative is is to cause a rift and let the lower socioeconomic class breed like hot cakes - they would represent an ever increasing percentage and then Latvia is fucked.

I basically have no respect for people who live in a country but refuse to learn the language. When in Rome.

Quote: (02-19-2012 05:33 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

I basically have no respect for people who live in a country but refuse to learn the language. When in Rome.

Here in the United States, not only are we expected to accomodate those who refuse to learn the language, but American students have been removed from school for wearing U.S. flags in the United States on the Mexican holiday of Cinco de Mayo. How about that!

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (02-19-2012 10:30 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Here in the United States, not only are we expected to accomodate those who refuse to learn the language, but American students have been removed from school for wearing U.S. flags in the United States on the Mexican holiday of Cinco de Mayo. How about that!

May I see link/sources? I want to read more about this if this is the case.

Quote: (02-20-2012 04:25 AM)Enfant_Terrible Wrote:  

May I see link/sources? I want to read more about this if this is the case.

I should have said "flag-themed apparel," but here you go.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (02-19-2012 10:30 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

America has no official language though.

Quote: (02-20-2012 12:05 PM)kosko Wrote:  

It may not be officially in the constitution, but for 250 years everyone who came here learned English. That has changed after the marxist cultural revolution where minorities are the new proletariat, and get funding to band together and revolt against the system, demanding that Spanish get taught in schools, road signs be in Spanish, etc. It is not only supported but encouraged, and "latino rights groups" are fighting to ruin cohesion and have no respect the country they are moving to - the minimal respect would be to learn English.

Quote: (02-20-2012 03:16 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

It may not be officially in the constitution, but for 250 years everyone who came here learned English. That has changed after the marxist cultural revolution where minorities are the new proletariat, and get funding to band together and revolt against the system, demanding that Spanish get taught in schools, road signs be in Spanish, etc. It is not only supported but encouraged, and "latino rights groups" are fighting to ruin cohesion and have no respect the country they are moving to - the minimal respect would be to learn English.

I will defer to what Obama says here about the "English only" question:

Quote: (02-20-2012 03:22 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2012 03:16 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

I will defer to what Obama says here about the "English only" question:

Can Obama speak Spanish? Or any other foreign language for that matter? He's such a moron. It boggles my mind people let him get away with dumb arguments like that.

The point is not whether it's good or bad to only speak English.

The point is that there is a full-blown anti-American cultural war that has been waged by the New Left since the late 50's, most recently in giving Spanish preferential treatment over English.

I speak Spanish. But I don't think tens of millions of Hispanic immigrants speaking Spanish only in caste-like communities bodes well for the US. When 80,000 Spanish soccer fans(most of them living in the US) fill up a stadium in LA and show blatant disrespect for the national team, or when the cermonies after the game is conducted in Spanish, that's not about creating equality: that's about hating on America.

Obama is a product of the New Left. He doesn't love America. At least not what most people understand America to be. He's interested in forging a new America that fits with the New Left's idea of America. That basically means destroying American heritage.
On top of this, most Central Americans I met on my travels were totally uninterested in learning English. Hard workers, yes. Want to go to America, yes. Want to learn English and adopt an Anglo-Saxon cultural heritage? No.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Fuck Obama. While I agree that American's should learn more than one language, it doesn't need to be Spanish. The whole point is we have a minority group who has no interest in integrating into society or putting forth the effort to learn English, and no it doesn't create any kind of cohesion. For 250 years American has been a cultural melting pot with the only requirement being that you need to learn English. Now there's an argument to be made that we are not giving them the right to stay permanently, which is new in our history, and that needs to be corrected - when they learn English. I'd give Mexicans and others permanent residency if they could pass a sufficiently difficult English exam, and an exam that showed an understanding of the Bill of Rights, limited government, and American history.

As it stands I know too many Mexicans (and I mostly like them) who come here to work one or two jobs, send money back home, and most have no desire to learn more about American culture or speak the language. I met a girl born in Mexico, who has lived in Los Angeles for eight years and she can't speak English. She's in her twenties. WTF?

Quote: (02-18-2012 10:32 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Huge blow for the country's large Russian-speaking minority. Russia also can't be happy by this.

This was obvious.
Think of it: having two official languages means EVERYTHING state-issued - laws, certificates, forms, rules, schoolbooks, state-owned TV/media whatever - would have to be issued in two languages. Pretty much every government worker must speak/read/write two languages. This would cost money, and what for?

Quote: (02-21-2012 12:53 AM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Quote: (02-18-2012 10:32 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

This was obvious.
Think of it: having two official languages means EVERYTHING state-issued - laws, certificates, forms, rules, schoolbooks, state-owned TV/media whatever - would have to be issued in two languages. Pretty much every government worker must speak/read/write two languages. This would cost money, and what for?

Well, not only that but there are just a few Latvians and they have, drum roll please: Latvia. Just like Estonia and Lithuania they went through decades of brutal Soviet rule by the Russians. Awful stuff. Compared to Russia, the baltic nations are tiny and they need to keep their culture going. If the Russians don't like it, I'd send them back to Russia.