rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

You need to man up for Valentines Day

Had to share this

Its seems that you are less of a man if you dont buy chocolate, teddy bears and other bullshit for Valentines Day now. It makes the chick look like a loser if she gets nothing for Valentines Day and its your responsibility to make sure this does not happen.

This is the view of our busiest news sites in Australia

Quote:Quote:

Thought Valentine's Day was about love and romance?

Well, you thought wrong.

Valentine's Day is a competitive sport, and as AskMen.com's resident dating guru David Wygant helpfully reminds us, it's all about "making your girl look good in front of her co-workers".

Still don't know what to do? Then watch the video above, and let Wygant give you three tips to help you "stay one step ahead of the competition".

Remember, "You gotta man up. If you don't, you're gonna hear about it!"

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/cel...z1mG2zdl1k

The tosser has a video up too. He even graces us with instructions on what a real man does for Valentines Day. Its faggots like this that drive me insane with their white knighting because they make it even more of a minefield for us. If he wants to get romantic with his partner, he can spit on his boyfriends anus before he penetrates him instead going in dry for change. Other than that, there should be an unwritten rule between men that this crap is not to be discussed in public making an already tough situation more difficult for them.

Its good to know that Valenties day gifts and dinners have become an expectation instead of just appreciated.

I am getting so sick and tired of this "man up" crap though. We should create a man up list just so we can keep track of all our obligations.

That would be a good article! Let me start with upping requirements of today's PC society:

List of Manning-Up Requirements:

Do the manly chores without complaining, ie. fix roof, mow lawn, fix engine, or anything else that involves tools.

Do own laundy. Iron.

Cook. Well!

Dishes. Do them. Well!

We encourage you to be the main bread-winner. But don't bitch about long hours.

Exercise, work-out, maintain six-pack. Or else.

Change diapers. Act like you enjoy it.

Partake in Saturday morning shopping with all brats. Gladly.

Vacuum, wash-floors. Enthusiastically.

These are just some items - if you do not WILLINGLY do these, you are going to suffer.

List of Womanning-Up Requirements:

Listen to mantras and spend more time at the office even if your marginal value of production is zilch.

Do the above then come home and do all house chores. Blame your husband if you feel stressed.

Divorce him if he does not comply.

Then "realize" yourself and new-found independence (if possible by sleeping around) because we're going to ignore the fact that now two adults have two homes to manage as opposed to one between them in addition to extra work-loads for ferrying children back and forth and this is somehow an improvement.

In no way are we supposed to engage in task-specialization so that you'll have a chance to fight time and biology and not turn into a fat slob, but add a few years to your sex-life. This is NOT acceptable. Fat slobs are signs of indepedence and coolness - we don't need a man's approval.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

I don't get it. what's wrong with getting a gift if you are serious with her?

No, I wouldn't get a gift and take her out to convince her to like me more though.

Are you planning to be single forever?

Both st valentine and st Nicholas (Santa Claus) have had their integrity of what they stand for (of doing good) to being associated with giving gifts. As for valentines, this coincides with love as well, which according to historians has nothing to do with what they stand for.

Getting her gifts because the betas of society and a few businessmen say so is preposterous. Utter nonsense.

This is a perfect example of how stupid women are. My cousin would take his wife on amazing holidays. Europe for a month in the summer and 2-3times in the Caribbean per year. Yet she has the audacity to complain when he did not go over the top on valentines day. I'm like, you are lucky, imagine you married some guy (fill name here). You would not even see half of those places. Big deal about valentines, acting beta and listening to others on how you should spend your money on how to tell someone they are appreciated!?

C'mon, showing someone that they are appreciated is a daily ritual. Everyday should be valentines day minus the chocolate hearts. The last time I bought a girl a valentines day gift, I was in grade school when I gave my classmates those valentine cards with candy chocolate attached. Has this affected my prowess with women? Nope.

It's a decent debate with women on this anti valentines day topic. Watching them play the I'm entitled card makes me laugh when I share my view on it. in closing, will she still stick around if you go against society and not comply with the valentines ritual? most likely. If she makes a fuss, tell her that you are gonna spend less throughout the year on things youn2do together in order to spend$ on that one day. See what she says then.

Quote: (02-13-2012 08:08 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

I don't get it. what's wrong with getting a gift if you are serious with her?

Nothing at all; I've personally had some great Valentine's Days in my life where I was in a relationship, I took a girl out, got her a nice gift and then fucked her for a few hours when we got back, good times.

Overall though, my 'problem' with the holiday is similar to the problem I have with Christmas; yet another holiday that has been appropriated by large-scale corporations and turned into bragging rights over who gets the most shit.

I blame feminism (hey, it's responsible for all of the other bad shit in society, so why not the corporatization of religious holidays as well?). Given that today people worship at the altar of the celebrity, the corporation and (above all else) the altar of yourself, while less than a century ago we worshiped honor, the family and hard work, I don't think that ascribing all the problems of society to the rise of Feminism is reaching too far.

And at least Christmas is an equal-opportunity holiday where everyone gets and gives gifts. At the end of the day, I have a few bones to pick with Valentine's Day;

1) Picking one day, out of 365 (366 this year) to show someone how much you care about them as opposed to doing it every other day. This is what women think love is; being by and large intolerable but occasionally sprinkling in some genuine goodness, why do you think so many of them make shitty girlfriends?

2) It, like a wedding, is a pure 'Me me me!' day for women, but then again, isn't every day in North America a 'Me me me!' day for women?

I will be doing my usual thing this year; taking any girl I have in the pipeline out today (going out in a few minutes actually) and on the 15th, and throwing up some smoke as to why I am unavailable on the 14th.

If you're serious with a girl, do something nice on V day. However, don't do some cheesy ass shit for a girl you are not already fuckin.

I saw a commercial for 1-800 flowers the other day where it had a dude who supposedly has placed 59 orders with them. All I could think was the dude is a straight chump. Even if he's married, you know his wife is like "Jesus fucking Christ, flowers again!?!?!"

I hope everyone has "manned up" today [Image: wink.gif]

For many women, this day IS about "my boyfriend is better than your boyfriend." The chick that gets that floral arrangement sent to her at work one-ups all the bitches that don't get that kind of treatment. Mind you, their men might have something great planned for AFTER work, but she gets to show hers off. The truth is, for men that are in relationships, you're under pressure to do SOMETHING. Some of them will even get mad if you bought roses from the deli, instead of a florist. They want to know that you spent the most possible, even though they're going to throw them out. And then they expect a gift, specifically some kind of jewelry (let's not forget the chumps that use Valentine's Day to propose, thus forfeiting the right to recover the ring if they don't make it down the aisle). The story tomtud told about his cousin's wife is the topper. Chicks like her aren't uncommon. Women will say that you should express love every day, not just Valentine's Day. But if a man does just that, she'll still complain if he doesn't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day. They want it both ways. Valentine's Day was invented as a marketing/sales bonanza for the jewelry, flower and greeting card industries. Chicks have learned to put a pricetag on their love. If you bought those roses at the bodega instead of the florist, it says something about how you feel about her. If your chocolates are Whitman's, and not from a gourmet chocolate shop, it says how you feel about her. What you did or do the rest of the year doesn't matter. I know how to make February 14th forever memorable for her - BREAK UP WITH HER. If a bitch thinks you came up short on this day, make it the day she remembers forever as the day you told her to kick rocks. Make sure it's ruined for her forever.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Lol at breaking up with her on Valentines Day!! Great advice! I wouldn't mind seeing a special day dedicated to girls getting their boyfriend a present.

Quote: (02-14-2012 01:58 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

For many women, this day IS about "my boyfriend is better than your boyfriend." The chick that gets that floral arrangement sent to her at work one-ups all the bitches that don't get that kind of treatment. Mind you, their men might have something great planned for AFTER work, but she gets to show hers off. The truth is, for men that are in relationships, you're under pressure to do SOMETHING. Some of them will even get mad if you bought roses from the deli, instead of a florist. They want to know that you spent the most possible, even though they're going to throw them out.

Valentine's Day was invented as a marketing/sales bonanza for the jewelry, flower and greeting card industries. Chicks have learned to put a pricetag on their love. If you bought those roses at the bodega instead of the florist, it says something about how you feel about her. If your chocolates are Whitman's, and not from a gourmet chocolate shop, it says how you feel about her. What you did or do the rest of the year doesn't matter.

What the corporations have done is rather cunning, actually.

The companies know that women love to shop. The companies know that women are massive consumers, and adore receiving and showing off new things, especially shiny/pretty things. The companies know that women are extremely competitive and love to one-up one another in every way (ex: "my gift is better than yours!").

The companies know that women hold a lot of sway over the vast majority of men (read: betas), and that these men will feel obliged to meet whatever "special" demands she throws out, lest she cease putting out for him. They know that women will also go out of their way to make sure they can one-up one another, which means that most women are almost certain to make these demands and, by extension, most men are certain to work to meet them.

What they've done here is taken a capitalist commercial initiative and merged it almost seamlessly with the intricate workings of the female mind, in essence blending evolutionary psychology and capitalism together. All they need to do is play upon tendencies that already exist in women (love of gifts/competition) and men (beta males with scarcity mentality/pedestalization), and stoke them up a bit with some occasional messages/light shaming of men (as seen in this article) and suggestive imagery in the media and in advertisements.

It seems as close to fool proof s you can get for a business plan. Think about it: none of the female traits that drive this trend are going to change any time soon. Most will always love shopping and will always love one-upping each other. Similarly, most will always be able to lord it over most (beta) men. So long as these things are true, there'll always be a sufficient market (at least, in theory-its worked so far).
When exploited in this way, female nature is a potentially inexhaustible engine for profit.

This is all quite well played, actually.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

My buddy updated his FB wall with something like this:

"Guys, now is your time to shine. You've got 24 hours to remind her why she's not with a guy who's funnier, richer, and better looking than you!"

To which I replied with this:

"if/when you are man living in a country with an outrageously disproportional number of beautiful women to men, you never have this problem"

We have a lot of mutual friends and I got a shit storm for this.

Girls don't like the thought that, in some places in the world, they have to compete for men.

Quote: (02-13-2012 06:47 AM)Hooligan Harry Wrote:  

David Wygant

Fuck's sake... this guy used to be a PUA and was obsessed with running Day Game on chicks in Whole Foods. The fact that he's giving God-awful dating advice on AskMen now says something about how gurus in the community have turned out.

Quote: (02-14-2012 03:23 PM)Scott Wrote:  

Quote: (02-13-2012 06:47 AM)Hooligan Harry Wrote:  

David Wygant

Fuck's sake... this guy used to be a PUA and was obsessed with running Day Game on chicks in Whole Foods. The fact that he's giving God-awful dating advice on AskMen now says something about how gurus in the community have turned out.

I really think he was speaking to men that are in relationships, guys who probably know they have to do something special on Valentine's Day anyway. He was basically saying that if you MUST do something, here's how to do it right. Players for the most part aren't in the kind of "relationships" where this kind of treatment would be expected. You might pick one from your rotation and take her out, but it won't be with all the bells and whistles. It'll be dinner and/or drinks, and DICK.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

where's the feminist campaign against valentines day?

Served a steak.
Blow job.

Yeah it was a good Valentine's.

Quote: (02-14-2012 04:40 PM)lurker123123 Wrote:  

where's the feminist campaign against valentines day?

Women don't condemn anything that suggests a man pays up and a woman gets a huge pile of shit she doesn't need, you know that...

Quote: (02-14-2012 03:02 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Quote: (02-14-2012 01:58 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

For many women, this day IS about "my boyfriend is better than your boyfriend." The chick that gets that floral arrangement sent to her at work one-ups all the bitches that don't get that kind of treatment. Mind you, their men might have something great planned for AFTER work, but she gets to show hers off. The truth is, for men that are in relationships, you're under pressure to do SOMETHING. Some of them will even get mad if you bought roses from the deli, instead of a florist. They want to know that you spent the most possible, even though they're going to throw them out.

Valentine's Day was invented as a marketing/sales bonanza for the jewelry, flower and greeting card industries. Chicks have learned to put a pricetag on their love. If you bought those roses at the bodega instead of the florist, it says something about how you feel about her. If your chocolates are Whitman's, and not from a gourmet chocolate shop, it says how you feel about her. What you did or do the rest of the year doesn't matter.

What the corporations have done is rather cunning, actually.

The companies know that women love to shop. The companies know that women are massive consumers, and adore receiving and showing off new things, especially shiny/pretty things. The companies know that women are extremely competitive and love to one-up one another in every way (ex: "my gift is better than yours!").

The companies know that women hold a lot of sway over the vast majority of men (read: betas), and that these men will feel obliged to meet whatever "special" demands she throws out, lest she cease putting out for him. They know that women will also go out of their way to make sure they can one-up one another, which means that most women are almost certain to make these demands and, by extension, most men are certain to work to meet them.

What they've done here is taken a capitalist commercial initiative and merged it almost seamlessly with the intricate workings of the female mind, in essence blending evolutionary psychology and capitalism together. All they need to do is play upon tendencies that already exist in women (love of gifts/competition) and men (beta males with scarcity mentality/pedestalization), and stoke them up a bit with some occasional messages/light shaming of men (as seen in this article) and suggestive imagery in the media and in advertisements.

It seems as close to fool proof s you can get for a business plan. Think about it: none of the female traits that drive this trend are going to change any time soon. Most will always love shopping and will always love one-upping each other. Similarly, most will always be able to lord it over most (beta) men. So long as these things are true, there'll always be a sufficient market (at least, in theory-its worked so far).
When exploited in this way, female nature is a potentially inexhaustible engine for profit.

This is all quite well played, actually.

Yes. A large part of marketing is compiling a psychological profile of your target. And when it comes to romance, playing on the fears of men that your girl will leave you for a more charming motherfucker if you don't step up.

Made the mistake of logging on facebook today..
[attachment=4741]
She's proud of this gift

I just saw on FB that some chump popped the question tonight. I don't know them, but a friend of mine commented on a photo of one of HER friends. She posted a pic of her hand in his, sporting her new engagement ring and the comment, "He proposed! I said yes!" I clicked on her profile, and of course, she already changed her Facebook status to engaged. It's probably the first thing she did after she said yes and posted the pic...

Man, are chicks in LTRs really saying "man up" these days when they want to boss you around? That sounds like the most degrading shit ever. I'd punch a chick in the face if she said that shit to me.

My four year old daughter gave me one of those little candy hearts last night and asked me what it said on it. I looked it said "text me" WTF?

Otherwise it was a busy text night for me. "I love you" blah blah.

I didn't respond to any local bitches and about 10pm I started getting Fuck you! texts. I did make time to talk to my new Ukrainian girl in Tampa who was babysitting as well as my Dominican girls.

Also, I was riding some POF girls pretty hard with troll messages like "Geez. you've been on here for a year I'd think you'd have a date tonight" and other shit like that.

One of my regulars made a little femo heart sculpture with a card and snail-mailed it to me with a card etc. wtf to do with this- throw it out or hide it or what?

I was going to throw it out and tell her I didn't get it, but someone else in my building did delivery confirmation so she knows it's here.

I used to go all- out on Valentines Day. Roses, presents, cards, the works. I did everything the culture said I should.

This led me to being dumped on 3 separate Valentines Days.

The last time this happened I went home enraged, marvelling at the coincidence of being dumped 3 times on a day people almost never get dumped on. I wondered if I hadnt dropped enough presents or shown enough romantic gestures.

As I got home that last, humiliating Valentines Day, I picked up an unopened book I had laying on my floor, which I ordered from Amazon a month previously on recommendation from someone in a Fark.com thread. That book was "The Game" by Neil Strauss, and it opened a completely new world for me. It now made sense why these chicks were dumping me on Valentines Day- it was when I was at my betaest.

In short, fuck these propagandists who sell lies about Valentines Day and the greater modern sexual climate- they need to be shouted down and shamed. Their lies cause very real pain for both men and women.

I BBMed one of my pipeliners in the Netherlands, texted another in Germany, and FB chatted with another in Australia. All of them are dick/attention-starved. Single chicks on Valentine's Day always try to act empowered, but every one of them wishes there was a guy taking them to dinner, then fucking them on a bed of rose petals...

Quote: (02-15-2012 05:26 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Fucking them on a bed of rose petals...

Trader Joes was selling a dozen red roses for $12.50. No big deal.

They got put in a vase on her dining table. Which we admired while eating dinner, which she made.

We could have put rose petals on the bed ...but who wants to shred perfectly good flowers into petals?

I buy girls flowers sometimes. I buy flowers for my own home sometimes. Because at Trader Joes they're damn affordable. They have bouquets for $3.99. Just take the friggin' price tag off first before giving them as a gift. (It's even perforated so the price is easy to remove)

Restaurants: Overpriced, and hell to get reservations.
Chocolates: Hell no.
Valentine cards: No.
Ballons: Trashy. Immediately marks you as low class.
Stuffed Animals: Even more low class.
Flowers: If reasonably priced and nice looking, yes. Over $20, nope, since then you risk looking like a try-hard. If you're not sure if she has a flower vase, they have plenty of them used at Salvation Army for 50¢.

I am an advocate of affordable flowers and a simple meal at home on Valentine's Day.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World